The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #151
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
You're more than welcome to bring a topic if you've got one and we'll discuss that for a day or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
we don't have much to overanalyze at the moment. we pretty much discussed every single frame in the trailers, every set pic and interview...
and there is absolutely no additional information leaking. there is nothing about the post credit scene, no insubtantial rumor about surprise cameos of the Wasp or Black Knight or whoever. And since SDCC we know that all the BTS bs was exactly that, bs.
What do you want us to speculate about?
Lol I didn't say we have to do anything, it was just an observation I was making. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #152
T.Radd
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I really think that after the events of TDW and WS that most of the team will be bunking at The Tower. I think that's where Banner and Stark were at the end of IM3. I also think that Steve and Thor end up there as well. So by the time A2 rolls around everyone will be driving Tony and Pepper crazy since it will be all sitcomed up in the penthouse.

TONY: Guys, I just got a look at the phone bill... Who's been making calls to either a "Peggy Carter" or a "Betty Ross"? I may be rich, but I'm not made of money. Also, Pepper would like to remind certain people that you should run each plate you use under some running water BEFORE you put it in the dishwasher. And finally... Somebody has been filling up the big coffee mugs with my best Scotch and drinking about 2 bottles a day... KEEP YOUR DAMNED HANDS OFF MY SCOTCH!!
Watched IM3 again earlier and I got that vibe that Bruce and Tony were at the tower too, not sure whether it's just wishful thinking though haha. All the stuff in the back seemed to be lab equipment. Would love for the AV2 opening to be something along those lines. Thor and Hulk sparring in the gym haha.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #153
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Radd View Post
Watched IM3 again earlier and I got that vibe that Bruce and Tony were at the tower too, not sure whether it's just wishful thinking though haha. All the stuff in the back seemed to be lab equipment. Would love for the AV2 opening to be something along those lines. Thor and Hulk sparring in the gym haha.
Well his Malibu home was destroyed so you might not be wrong.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #154
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I really hope that Thor ends up in the Tower, thus he is able to see Jane more frequently. Then we could have a great scene like in the old Avengers comics where the team goes out and socializes, with Pepper and Tony and Thor and Jane just driving the others crazy with their goo goo eyes and baby talk.

THOR: Thou art pretty...

JANE: No.. THOU art pretty...

THOR: No THOU art pretty..

HAWKEYE: (to Cap) God, I want ta put an arrow in MY eye socket right now.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #155
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really hope that Thor ends up in the Tower, thus he is able to see Jane more frequently. Then we could have a great scene like in the old Avengers comics where the team goes out and socializes, with Pepper and Tony and Thor and Jane just driving the others crazy with their goo goo eyes and baby talk.

THOR: Thou art pretty...

JANE: No.. THOU art pretty...

THOR: No THOU art pretty..

HAWKEYE: (to Cap) God, I want ta put an arrow in MY eye socket right now.

Love the idea though

Old 08-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #156
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

Love the idea though
I may have been a little over the top but the classic Avengers books were like this, with the team going out clubbing or bar hopping and such.

As for TDW we really need to start seeing more articles and such. Was there anything of interest in the EMPIRE piece?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #157
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I may have been a little over the top but the classic Avengers books were like this, with the team going out clubbing or bar hopping and such.

As for TDW we really need to start seeing more articles and such. Was there anything of interest in the EMPIRE piece?
I so want to see Thor in a drinking contest with Cap, that would be epic, lol.

It pretty much stuff we already know except for Thor being in Jane's place wearing his cape and such, a few BTS stuff from Avengers and Thor, and a few things about Malekith that I think we already knew.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #158
Bren
Forevernoob

I want Thor to tell the others about ancient man and his time on earth in ages past. I mean, who wouldn't want to ask him stuff.

Hell, would be interesting if National Geographic or something like that ran the doorbell asking for an interview with Thor to "go over some of our theories of ancient Norsemen" etc

Old 08-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #159
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I want Thor to tell the others about ancient man and his time on earth in ages past. I mean, who wouldn't want to ask him stuff.

Hell, would be interesting if National Geographic or something like that ran the doorbell asking for an interview with Thor to "go over some of our theories of ancient Norsemen" etc

This is why I hope Jane gets to ask a ton of questions while in Asgard. As a woman of science she must have some questions about the nature and history of these "gods".

Old 08-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #160
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I so want to see Thor in a drinking contest with Cap, that would be epic, lol.

It pretty much stuff we already know except for Thor being in Jane's place wearing his cape and such, a few BTS stuff from Avengers and Thor, and a few things about Malekith that I think we already knew.

A whole 10 min. One Shot of the Avengers in a bar is now a must. Think of all the potential! Clint hustling people at darts. Guys trying to pick up Tasha and getting knocked on their asses. Cap playing swing music on the jukebox and teaching Pepper and Tony the foxtrot. Thor ordering 3 giant pitchers of beer and then going "Alright... and what's everyone else having?"

Old 08-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #161
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is why I hope Jane gets to ask a ton of questions while in Asgard. As a woman of science she must have some questions about the nature and history of these "gods".
I'm sure she'll get to ask a fair share of questions. She didn't look shy about asking them in leaked clips from the Disney expo.

What I'm getting worried about is the Jane/Sif relationship. I really don't want a love triangle and if we must have one I really don't want it to be trite and cliche.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #162
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
A whole 10 min. One Shot of the Avengers in a bar is now a must. Think of all the potential! Clint hustling people at darts. Guys trying to pick up Tasha and getting knocked on their asses. Cap playing swing music on the jukebox and teaching Pepper and Tony the foxtrot. Thor ordering 3 giant pitchers of beer and then going "Alright... and what's everyone else having?"
I imagine Tony would try holding his own against Thor and Cap and end up fall-on-his face drunk while Pepper did most of the clean up and got everyone home without incident. Clint would get buzzed but act just as drunk as Tony while Cap looked slightly out of place and the girls tried to pull him into the fun and out of his comfort zone.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #163
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sure she'll get to ask a fair share of questions. She didn't look shy about asking them in leaked clips from the Disney expo.

What I'm getting worried about is the Jane/Sif relationship. I really don't want a love triangle and if we must have one I really don't want it to be trite and cliche.
I am sorry, but I really think THOR/JANE/SIF is a fait accompli at this time. I would say it's not as trite as it could be. Sif is the odd girl out now, but she's not seething with hatred for Jane, or is in some way compromised as a strong female because she has feelings for Thor. But I think it's obvious the Asgardian warrior has deep passions for our hero. If anything it really makes me feel for her. It's a bad situation to be in.

On another note, you check out HULK VS. yet?

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 08-31-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #164
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am sorry, but I really think THOR/JANE/SIF is a fait accompli at this time. I would say it's not as trite as it could be. Sif is the odd girl out now, but she's not seething with hatred for Jane, or is in some way compromised as a strong female because she has feelings for Thor. But I think it's obvious the Asgardian warrior has deep passions for our hero. If anything it really makes me feel for her. It's a bad situation to be in.

On another note, you check out HULK VS. yet?
It's not that I'm protesting Sif's feelings for Thor. I just hate love triangles. Pretty much every one I've ever seen in media is nothing but annoying and lame. I don't want a movie I'm excited for to be ruined by the tired old trope. Then again, these writers are more creative then I could ever dream of being, so I'm not going pass damning judgment yet. I'll just put my faith in them and hope for the best.

I've been trying! I can't find it! Every time I try to look it up I get everything but what I'm looking for.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #165
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not that I'm protesting Sif's feelings for Thor. I just hate love triangles. Pretty much every one I've ever seen in media is nothing but annoying and lame. I don't want a movie I'm excited for to be ruined by the tired old trope. Then again, these writers are more creative then I could ever dream of being, so I'm not going pass damning judgment yet. I'll just put my faith in them and hope for the best.

I've been trying! I can't find it! Every time I try to look it up I get everything but what I'm looking for.

Yeah, triangles can be ubiquitous but at the same time it's just such fertile ground for drama. "It's still the same old story... A fight for love and glory... A tale of do or die..."

I actually like love triangles when you are not given a reason to root too hard for one person over another. If there is a story where a guy has to choose between the sweet and nice girl over the stone cold witch on wheels then they've stacked the deck narratively speaking. But if they go out of the way to present both female characters as being equals then it gets interesting fast.

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 08-31-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-31-2013, 11:16 PM   #166
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, triangles can be ubiquitous but at the same time it's just such fertile ground for drama. "It's still the same old story... A fight for love and glory... A tale of do or die..."

I actually like love triangles when you are not given a reason to root too hard for one person over another. If there is a story where a guy has to choose between the sweet and nice girl over the stone cold witch on wheels then they've stacked the deck narratively speaking. But if they go out of the way to present both female characters as being equals then it gets interesting fast.
Love triangles just make me grind my teeth. I've never been watching/reading something and been like 'oh, wow a love triangle! This just adds to the suspense and drama unfolding before me'. No, It's usually more like, 'this is such a good move/book/show/ect, I can't wait to find out what happens...wait...is that?...what is he/she...no...NO! Not this crap again!'. I've stopped reading books, watching movies and TV shows, halfway through because of the love triangle being forced down my throat.

And if the two girls/guys involved in the triangle are both likable, good people and the deck isn't stacked against one, it makes it worse. Because if the deck is stacked, I can at least go 'alright, the choice is obvious this won't take long, I can grin and bear it' but if they're both good, viable choices that means a big plot piece is going to be dedicated to this triangle and it's going to last a long time and I'm like

Old 08-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #167
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Love stories just make me grind my teeth. I've never been watching/reading something and been like 'oh, wow a love triangle! This just adds to the suspense and drama unfolding before me'. No, It's usually more like, 'this is such a good move/book/show/ect, I can't wait to find out what happens...wait...is that?...what is he/she...no...NO! Not this crap again!'. I've stopped reading books, watching movies and TV shows, halfway through because of the love triangle being forced down my throat.

And if the two girls/guys involved in the triangle are both likable, good people and the deck isn't stacked against one, it makes it worse. Because if the deck is stacked, I can at least go 'alright, the choice is obvious this won't take long, I can grin and bear it' but if they're both good, viable choices that means a big plot piece is going to be dedicated to this triangle and it's going to last a long time and I'm like
Sorry to bring up bad memories. I think when it's done badly, like with Jean Grey/Cylops/Logan (or Twilight) I am right with you in hair pulling. But it can be done well, very well actually, and it's something many people can relate to. But I'll stop now since I don't want to be responsible for you having to wear a wig to class.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #168
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sorry to bring up bad memories. I think when it's done badly, like with Jean Grey/Cylops/Logan (or Twilight) I am right with you in hair pulling. But it can be done well, very well actually, and it's something many people can relate to. But I'll stop now since I don't want to be responsible for you having to wear a wig to class.
Twilight has to be the worse romance ever. Romance is a genre all about emotion and I never felt it from those two. The movies were an abomination and the books held no real suspense. And that's all I have to say about that.

Don't worry, I have too much hair anyway .

I'm just trying to think of a way they could do the Jane/Sif inevitable confrontation in a way that would respect both characters and not make me hate someone on the writing team.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #169
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Twilight has to be the worse romance ever. Romance is a genre all about emotion and I never felt it from those two. The movies were an abomination and the books held no real suspense. And that's all I have to say about that.

Don't worry, I have too much hair anyway .

I'm just trying to think of a way they could do the Jane/Sif inevitable confrontation in a way that would respect both characters and not make me hate someone on the writing team.

I dislike Vampires in general (except for my boy Aidan on SYFY's BEING HUMAN. A show everyone in the universe should watch!!!) and most of the fiction about them. To my eyes they are basically Serial Killer Rapists. There is just nothing "romantic" about them, and a story where the female protagonist, wait scratch that, the teenaged female protagonist is presented in such a way that her ideal match is one o' those sadistic bloodsuckers, who by the by, has been watching her as she sleeps, just feels kind of irresponsible. Anyways...

I think you can do a story with Sif and Jane and not have either of them diminished. What I would be interested in seeing is MCU Thor's reaction to Sif having feelings for him. Would he be surprised? Would it kindle a similar reaction in him? Would it be something he just never considered at all because Sif is "just one of the boys"?

Old 08-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #170
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dislike Vampires in general (except for my boy Aidan on SYFY's BEING HUMAN. A show everyone in the universe should watch!!!) and most of the fiction about them. To my eyes they are basically Serial Killer Rapists. There is just nothing "romantic" about them, and a story where the female protagonist, wait scratch that, the teenaged female protagonist is presented in such a way that her ideal match is one o' those sadistic bloodsuckers, who by the by, has been watching her as she sleeps, just feels kind of irresponsible. Anyways...

I think you can do a story with Sif and Jane and not have either of them diminished. What I would be interested in seeing is MCU Thor's reaction to Sif having feelings for him. Would he be surprised? Would it kindle a similar reaction in him? Would it be something he just never considered at all because Sif is "just one of the boys"?
I liked vampires years ago, but at this point they're overdone and boring and I want to move on to the next mythical creature provided the next one is not the werewolf because that one is on the cusp of being overdone and boring and one more tween movie franchise will drive it, and me, over the edge.

Maybe if they put emphasis that it's not just Sif's devotion to Thor but to the entire kingdom of Asgard that has her eyeballing Jane I could enjoy that. Make it not just about him but about what Sif genuinely believes is best for Asgard and it's future king. I could get behind that. And his reaction would be interesting. The 'one of the boys' option is something I've always enjoyed being one of the boys myself I relate to that easily.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #171
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Old 08-31-2013, 11:55 PM   #172
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I liked vampires years ago, but at this point they're overdone and boring and I want to move on to the next mythical creature provided the next one is not the werewolf because that one is on the cusp of being overdone and boring and one more tween movie franchise will drive it, and me, over the edge.

Maybe if they put emphasis that it's not just Sif's devotion to Thor but to the entire kingdom of Asgard that has her eyeballing Jane I could enjoy that. Make it not just about him but about what Sif genuinely believes is best for Asgard and it's future king. I could get behind that. And his reaction would be interesting. The 'one of the boys' option is something I've always enjoyed being one of the boys myself I relate to that easily.

Check out BEING HUMAN on SYFY. It's really good because it does not make any of the supernatural creatures an object of "romance" really. It gets down to the nitty gritty of the horror of being something like a Vamp or a Werewolf. It's not a "tween angst" fest or an over the top gothic campfest. The characters are real 3 dimensional people. I can't recommend the show enough.

Sif may indeed have an interest in giving Jane ye olde side eye because she is indeed worried about the kingdom, genuinely so. I mean, if Thor takes Jane as a bride can she even conceive a child so as to ensure and heir to the Asgardian throne? Can a "god" and a human mate? They did in the myths all the time, so this is another reason for Jane to try and cleave her world's myths from reality, so to speak.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #173
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Loki's looking pretty damned smug there. I wonder what he's thinking?

Old 08-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #174
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Loki's looking pretty damned smug there. I wonder what he's thinking?
LOKI: '....Winning!'

Old 09-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #175
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOKI: '....Winning!'

It's good I am alone at the job right now. Because I just chuckled SO LOUD.

Closed Thread