The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Default How will Ben Affleck stack up against the other Batmen?

Here are all the Batman actors through the years, now including Affleck.
http://www.imdb.com/list/t1K3QTIIK-o/

How do you think Affleck will do performance wise, compared to the other actors who have played Batman? I have a really good feeling about Affleck, I think he has potential to be the best Bruce Wayne/Batman actor so far.

iGiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Default Re: How will Ben Affleck stack up against the other Batmen?

Under Snyder's direction, he's gonna give us the best on screen Batman ever. I'm sure of it.

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
EliteF50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

I think he has the potential to be the best one yet. Bale was the only one I liked anyway so it shouldn't be too hard.

Malcolm Reynold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick

I think he will be the greatest live-action Batman EVER. Affleck is a badass and a really good actor. Plus, WB wanted to adapt the Arkham games into the big screen. More than likely, Affleck will be playing that version of Batman. So we have a great badass actor who will be playing the coolest version of Batman.

WinterAssassinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
TheBat812
Side-Kick

I don't really care if he's the best Batman ever (tall order with TDK trilogy), but I am pretty damn sure I'm going to love it.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
Under Snyder's direction, he's gonna give us the best on screen Batman ever. I'm sure of it.
No matter what the writing is, no matter how the storyline simplistic it is, I'm CERTAIN he's gonna give us the most aesthetically comic-accurate Batman in live action. It'll be a great interpretation of Batman, I think, even if the movie isn't that good.

But if Ben has a say in the script, that should help tremendously.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I think he might be the tallest guy to play Batman...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I don't think the competition is that great honestly. I still like Val Kilmer the most to be honest. I love Bale as an actor but he wasn't great or unbeatable performance wise which still surprises me because I thought I'd like his performance more when he was cast. I think Affleck will at least be decent. I definately agree that Batman will probably be more Batmany and visually look the best.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 08-27-2013 at 09:18 PM.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

bale's bats was average, his bruce wayne was the best; keaton's was the best batman, but his bruce wayne was, eccentric. val was pretty even keel, which why i think he was the overall best. clooney's was... unfortunate.

having seen enough of him recently, i think his bruce wayne will be better then keaton's, even with val's but not as good as bale's with all that said it'll come down to the writing. i think he's got the potential to be a good batman, doing the maf, i think he'll be the best one yet.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

he'll probably be the most comicbook accurate interpretation of the character in live action form to date.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

I think he might be, under Snyder direction, the most accurate yet less exciting/intense Batman ever.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I think he may end up being the best we've had so far. He will definitely kill the Bruce Wayne role, and as Batman he'll be the most intimidating physically we've ever had. Putting him next to Superman always makes Batman look cooler as well, especially since they've said he'll be more experienced and seasoned than Superman.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #13
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Bale supplied the best (current) onscreen interpretation of Bruce Wayne. Keaton was the best Batman because of the physical presence he assumed and his eyes. His eyes...

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGiFF View Post
Here are all the Batman actors through the years, now including Affleck.
http://www.imdb.com/list/t1K3QTIIK-o/

How do you think Affleck will do performance wise, compared to the other actors who have played Batman? I have a really good feeling about Affleck, I think he has potential to be the best Bruce Wayne/Batman actor so far.
Performance-wise, he'll be great just as long as he loses the Boston accent and transcend beyond Ben Affleck in a costume to Batman. It's audience reception is what we should all worry about. For the fans like people here and me, it would be welcomed just as long as he gives a good performance faithful to the character.

However ther's the other folk, the General Audience and Public. Going by Amazing Spider-Man's reception, even when 2015 arrives, Nolan's Bat Trilogy would still have a lot of hold on the GA and many would still be saying "It's too soon!, Bale's the true Batman!" etc just like with Raimi's Spider-Man. There are still plenty of Bale-purists/Nolanites who don't really realise that Bale wasn't that great and perhaps was a little overrated and would continue to look at the Bat-Trilogy with nostalgic rose-tinted glasses. Just the other day I was repeatedly scolded, reprimanded and yelled at by several friends when I was feeling these feelings which were summed up in these songs:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

All after saying Bale's overrated and that Affleck would be a fantastic Batman and better than Bale and more faithful to the character.

So Affleck would continue to be compared to Christian Bale for many years to come, even when the new Batman solo movie arrives which I imagine would be approximately 10 years or more since TDK.

Poor guy.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #15
titansupes
Side-Kick

Bale was amazing. My favourite interpretation of the character, without question, and of course the most talented actor to handle the role. It's a tough ask to beat the man commonly referred to as the greatest actor of the generation.

That said, after my days of shock and fear, I'm now really looking forward to Affleck. I think combining him with Snyder will give us the coolest looking live-action Batman ever (and the tallest), and the prospect of an Affleck written and directed solo flick is something to be excited about.

titansupes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #16
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

At this point, it's too early to predict how Affleck will stack up against the other Batmen, but he certainly has the talent to pull off an excellent performance, especially if he's got strong material to work with.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #17
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Bale was amazing. My favourite interpretation of the character, without question, and of course the most talented actor to handle the role. It's a tough ask to beat the man commonly referred to as the greatest actor of the generation.
I'm sorry but who calls Bale the greatest actor of the generation?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #18
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Exactly my point. Bale is overrated, see Terminator: Salvation for more.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #19
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
Affleck is a better director than Snyder. I would be more confidence if he was directing the movie.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #20
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
If there are any better than him in his generation, it's a short list. Affleck isn't on it.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #21
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Truly there hasn't been a perfect Bat-actor in my opinion.

Keaton was good, Bale was good. But I have no great love for either of them. Clooney and Kilmer suffered from obvious horrors. Adam West's attempt is far too dated and childish.

Affleck doesn't have much to compete with when it comes to being Bruce Wayne/Batman. He stands a solid shot of impressing me. But there have been great Batman films. So when it comes to making the films themselves someone's gotta step it up.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #22
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Truly there hasn't been a perfect Bat-actor in my opinion.

Keaton was good, Bale was good. But I have no great love for either of them. Clooney and Kilmer suffered from obvious horrors. Adam West's attempt is far too dated and childish.

Affleck doesn't have much to compete with when it comes to being Bruce Wayne/Batman. But there have been great Batman films. So when it comes to making the films themselves someone's gotta step it up.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #23
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Exactly my point. Bale is overrated, see Terminator: Salvation for more.
Yeah, right. Pacino is overrated, too, right? Just see Gigli and Jack & Jill.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #24
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
I think he might be, under Snyder direction, the most accurate yet less exciting/intense Batman ever.
Heh, classic Snyder.

Honestly, I'm ready to believe he'll be right below Bale. His competition other than Bale isn't that great, imo (yeah, I didn't like Keaton that much).

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #25
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Over the years, most media outlets, most film critics, most fans, several directors and producers and actors have also said it. Robert Duvall brings him up a lot, Spielberg once commented on it.

Etc.

titansupes is online now   Reply With Quote