The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Krystal
Side-Kick

Default "When this movie flops..."---predictions

I'd like to go on the record with at least two predictions about this reboot flopping......

Well the first is----------- it will flop.

Second........the inevitable article by some "Entertainment writer" about how racism was a factor in the movie flopping.

It's the 21st century and anything that happens for some people must have to do with racism.

I'm sure they will mention the bold and brave (LOL) casting of an African-American in a role originally portrayed as white and how some racist fan-boys couldn't take it and hid their racism behind wanting the "traditonal version"

When I think of the litany of things wrong with this production---Johnny as a black guy doesn't even register as a blip. I don't care about the 'traditional version' except for origin and ages of FF and Doom and the cosmic scope of the franchise (that was apparent from issue one).

The writer will ignore the fact that 95% of the folks who aren't liking this reboot would be there with great anticipation opening weekend of a Black Panther movie (I will be), they will ignore how 95% of our group loved Falcon in CA:TWS (I did), they will ignore how most of us would love to see War Machine in an Avengers movie (I would), and they will ignore the fact that the success or failure of all previous 'white to black' changes in CBM movies (Alicia, Heimdall, Kingpin, Nick Fury) had zero to do with racism.

No, they will falsely report on some racist reason because that will be more attention grabbing than the simple truth...........

they made a movie that FF fans didn't want and won't like.

Any predictions for "When it flops......."---------------??

Old 05-08-2014, 05:31 AM   #2
Orba
Side-Kick

Default Re: "When this movie flops..."---predictions

Good predictions, I can't argue with any of them (I'm in the 'fine if you want to make Johnny black then why not make Sue black also? camp).

I'll throw in the old classic

...is this a sign that the comic book film fad is ending?

Closed Thread