The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #1
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Default What will be your reaction if Daredevil changed into a movie franchise?

... instead of a TV series.

I will go bonkers.

Daredevil needs a movie franchise, not a TV series. If Marvel Studios is too busy doing the 2 movies/year scheme, turn it to Touchstone Studios for a winter release and add more blood & violence. Add the Punisher and Moon Knight for the other years.

Daredevil - Winter 2016
Punisher - Winter 2017
Moon Knight - Winter 2018
Daredevil 2 - Winter 2019

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Gavan
Side-Kick

Default Re: What will be your reaction if Daredevil changed into a movie franchise?

They need to explain where Matt was during the Chitauri invasion.

Gavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Airwings
Waves of air

Default Re: What will be your reaction if Daredevil changed into a movie franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
They need to explain where Matt was during the Chitauri invasion.
Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher need to be explained too, if they get films at Marvel Studios.

But I guess it will be a similar answer as to why Ant-Man didn't show up in phase 1

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Delight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
... instead of a TV series.

I will go bonkers.

Daredevil needs a movie franchise, not a TV series. If Marvel Studios is too busy doing the 2 movies/year scheme, turn it to Touchstone Studios for a winter release and add more blood & violence. Add the Punisher and Moon Knight for the other years.

Daredevil - Winter 2016
Punisher - Winter 2017
Moon Knight - Winter 2018
Daredevil 2 - Winter 2019
Or better yet sell it to Sony where he'd fit in better.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #5
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Delight.

Or better yet sell it to Sony where he'd fit in better.
The same cinematic universe as Spider-Man?
THAT would be interesting

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
Invader34
Side-Kick

I think it'd be cool to have some short scenes in all four netflix series showing the heroes having moments similar to Caps scene in the bank in Avengers. Show them all taking down a few Chitauri warriors in their respective neighborhoods.

Invader34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #7
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Eh, unless their neighborhood is the part of the city the Avengers kept the invasion in, they really don't need it. Some scenes that put down how they reacted to the fact of alien invasion, sure.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #8
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

12-16 hours of Daredevil a year versus ~2 hours of Daredevil every 3 years, if we're lucky....?

Yeah, give me my DDTV, please.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #9
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

keep it a TV series for at least 4-5 seasons, then do a movie version. No origin, just the main mystery story.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:51 PM   #10
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Most people say TV is better then movies nowadays anyway, plus DD doesn't require as many special effects as other heroes do anyway. I hope with show being on Netflix, it will be a better effort then the super hero shows that air on network TV.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:12 AM   #11
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Marvel Studios is currently in the "tent-pole" business. You don't need a $200 million FX extravaganza to showcase Daredevil's character, abilities and mythos in a way that you do for characters like Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap, GOTG, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, etc.

Just look at the absolutely astounding quality of cable TV dramas of the recent past/present. To call TV the "lesser" medium is somewhere between inaccurate and 100% wrong at the moment. Daredevil (and his Netflix brethren) just seem to fit the medium like a glove. This, of course, assumes the writing and production team is top notch, which looks to be the case, based on the little information that has been released thus far.

After a successful run of (say) four or five seasons, maybe Daredevil can be explored further in movies as and when they have a story that lends itself to the big screen treatment. I'm pretty sure that the actors that are being hired for these shows will have movie options in their contracts. But for now, I think Marvel's plan is absolutely on point.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:41 AM   #12
Silvermoth
Avenger

I would be very annoyed. Why settle for just two hours of daredevil when you can have several hours?

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #13
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Daredevil on TV is better. He doesn't need a big budget and the series could be Law & Order mixed with superheros.

Also with Agents Of Shield getting a lukeworm reception it might be good for a new TV series produced by Marvel.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:17 AM   #14
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Daredevil on TV is better. He doesn't need a big budget and the series could be Law & Order mixed with superheros.

Also with Agents Of Shield getting a lukeworm reception it might be good for a new TV series produced by Marvel.
Off late, that song's tune has changed for the most part.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #15
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

to what everybody above said.

Daredevil on "cable" TV (Netflix, technically) is a no-brainer. An uncensored hour-long show with many, many episodes about a gritty, street level hero just makes a whole lot more sense than trying to tentpole a big-budget fx orgy every 2-3 years. Not hating on Affleck's DD (which I still actually like, at least the director's cut), but this is a franchise that's better served on TV than cinema.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #16
Zarex
Side-Kick

I love DD, and with half a century of quality comic books under his belt he's a definite "A" lister. But in a film setting he's an awful lot like Batman - only minus the Joker (well, he does have the Jester), the vast personal wealth, the mansion, the bat cave, the batmobile and all the rest of the wonderful toys. As well as history of success in film, tv, merchandising, animation and every other aspect of pop culture.

A TV show featuring a lawyer by day and street level vigilante by night appears to be the perfect vehicle to separate DD from the Distinguished Competition. It is also a very sharp manuever for Marvel to extend the tendrils of the Mighty MCU into another media.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #17
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
12-16 hours of Daredevil a year versus ~2 hours of Daredevil every 3 years, if we're lucky....?

Yeah, give me my DDTV, please.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Most people say TV is better then movies nowadays anyway, plus DD doesn't require as many special effects as other heroes do anyway. I hope with show being on Netflix, it will be a better effort then the super hero shows that air on network TV.
This

Daredevil can easily be done on TV why waste a movie slot on something that doesn't need a movie's budget.

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:02 AM   #18
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Most people say TV is better then movies nowadays anyway
Its the opposite for me.

About the topic, Isn't Daredevil supposed to be a 10 to 13-episodes mini series? Then Daredevil will head to the Defenders? or are they gonna try to make this a series with more than 1 season?

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #19
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Off late, that song's tune has changed for the most part.
Thanks for correcting me. Havn't really checked that section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Its the opposite for me.

About the topic, Isn't Daredevil supposed to be a 10 to 13-episodes mini series? Then Daredevil will head to the Defenders? or are they gonna try to make this a series with more than 1 season?
Yea. I think the plan is to release Defenders after one season.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #20
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Honestly, I think Daredevil will work much better as a TV show. I don't think he should swing around like Spider-Man in the 2003 movie.

And him being a lawyer makes the show a much better fit for TV and something that can be a tad more procedural drama esque.

Plus a lot of the Daredevil villains aren't as complex to visualize onscreen and require a huge movie budget. I think this will work better in the long run.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #21
Dr. Evil
Gamora

A lot of the Daredevil villains are humans (like Black Widow or Clint Barton) or humans with enhanced abilities but no actual super powers outside of hand-to-hand and marksmanship (Steve Rogers). It fits better on TV than movies.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote