The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 09-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #76
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Default Re: Beware the Batman - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
The character animations still bother me...but if this gets a second season I can see them upping the quality
That's a pretty big "if".

Old 09-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #77
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
The character animations still bother me...but if this gets a second season I can see them upping the quality
Agreed.

I like the show, but Batman does not look like well Batman more like a brand new super hero. I like to call him Knight Mantis

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #78
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakepool View Post
That's a pretty big "if".
How? Forget that you're wanting to hate this, but a Batman show only getting 26 episodes? Really?

Old 09-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #79
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
How? Forget that you're wanting to hate this, but a Batman show only getting 26 episodes? Really?
He doesn't hate this show, actually. Also, CN has made some STUPID decisions in the past. I wouldn't put it past them.

Also, the contents of that package: HOLY ****!!!!!!

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #80
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

That's what's bugging me, the creators said that they would be doing new villains (or villains that haven't been in the shows before) and no A-List villains. Ra's al Ghul hands down is a top 5 Batman villain.

Why say that then put Ra's in there?

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #81
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
Ra's al Ghul hands down is a top 5 Batman villain.
In terms of power, sure, but he's FAAAR from a popular villain in mainstream culture.

Though yeah, we've seen him animated before.

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #82
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

You'd have to define "mainstream" then.

He's been in almost every single Batman animated series (sole exception being The Batman"), he's a force in the comics, he was in Batman Begins and TDKR.

People know him, and he's popular.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 09-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #83
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Thought id try to get in here before "ras al ghul is a big name villain I thought they weren't using big named villains" but I was too late

Oh well, another good episode can't wait to see ras in action. Also expecting to see that chemical show up again.

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #84
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
People know him, and he's popular.
Nowhere as much as, say, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, or Two-Face.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #85
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

WTF?

Ra's has become pretty known in the past 20 years thanks in large part to the animated series and then the Nolan films. sure, he may not be popular like Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, etc. but he is known.

anyway, i loved today's episode. setting things up quite nicely

Anarky was actually a force to be reckoned with unlike his 1st appearance

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #86
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
That's what's bugging me, the creators said that they would be doing new villains (or villains that haven't been in the shows before) and no A-List villains. Ra's al Ghul hands down is a top 5 Batman villain.

Why say that then put Ra's in there?
They've said from the beginning that Ra's will be coming to the show

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #87
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

I think it was meant we wouldn't see the likes of the Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, the Riddler, the Penguin and others of that level. You can argue that Ra's al Ghul is one of those but no one would question the others being on that list. They are the most overexposed of his rogues gallery. Of late I'd agree that Ra's as well but he's new in the mainstream compared to the others.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #88
jacobed
Banned User

It's nice to see villains like Ra's overexposed. He is one of the greatest villains and its about time he got his exposure

Old 09-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #89
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Ok well Ra's is the first official Batman villain to be featured so it looks like slowly were building to the major Rogue Gallery of Villains to appear. As for Anarky, I see him more like Catman/Owlman of Batman rather than his actual comic book counterpart.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #90
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I still want the definition of "mainstream" because he's been a force in the comics for a while. His daughter Talia had Bruce's child which makes him Bruce's father-in-law.

They've clashed numerous times in various Batman arcs along with being in the shows and movies he's top 5.

Oh and I didn't hear them say Ra's was in there since the beginning. I only heard about Pyg, Magpie, Anarky, etc.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #91
jacobed
Banned User

Oh for sure. They've always been mentioning that Ra's will be making an appearance since the League of Assassins is in it.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #92
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I seriously never heard that.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #93
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEEVIPER View Post
Agreed.

I like the show, but Batman does not look like well Batman more like a brand new super hero. I like to call him Knight Mantis
I actually love Batman's look. There's a great leathery quality to his suit and cape that is incredibly appealing and badass.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #94
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
The reason truth and reason is the Christopher Nolan film franchise, but at the end of the day, no matter how well we fans might recall Ras' al Ghul from the cartoons and comics, the general audience only has become acknowledged to him since 2005's Batman Begins.

Ras' al Ghul aint no Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Penguin, Joker, Riddler and so on. But yeah, Ras' is here because League of Assasins are the 1st season villains.

How can anyone NOT love/like this show? We're 10 episodes in, just 3 episodes left to get thru half the season and they've really build up things. Anarky and his motivation (how on earth does he have the fightning skills + knowledge of Ras'?), the League of Assassin, Batman's family and his relation to Gordon.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #95
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Woot!

Dat ending!

Old 09-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #96
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Awesome episode.

I was checking out the show's wiki and was very surprised at who the voice actors were.

I thought Dee Bradley Baker was playing Batman, but it turns out it's Anthony Ruivivar from Third Watch.

The va for Anarky is Wallace Langham who plays Hodges on CSI.

Red is the voice of Gordon. Seems obvious now.

Also, Lance Reddick is going to voice Ras.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #97
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Really liked the episode.

Don't really understand the complaints about Ra's in comparison to other villains. His frequency of exposure to the general public is less than other villains. Especially given the fact that he doesn't live in Gotham.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #98
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

I think Ra's al Ghul is well-known among young people and Batman hardcore fans in general, but for older people Batman was forever defined for them by that 1960s TV show and Ra's al Ghul didn't exist yet. Until the young people replace the older people that leaves Ra's on the precipice of fame.

In other words, ask an older dad or grandma who the Batman villains are and see what kind of response you get.

This was a pretty good ep with a great ending I sensed coming as soon as Anarky looked into the box. Hehe

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #99
Two-Face=Badass
Side-Kick

Great episode, but what they've done to Anarky is a travesty. Poor bloke never gets a good treatment. How hard is it to make an anti-hero who is ardently and violently anti-capitalist and anti-centrist, but has is own moral code?

-Mal and Zoe, Firefly
Two-Face=Badass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #100
Hunter Rider
Ronin

I really liked how Anarky was portrayed in this ep, it took him up a few levels, I didn't expect him to cross paths with the LOA and be their equal.
The end scene with Ra's was great.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote