The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
DaCage
Side-Kick

Default Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Raimi was allegedly going to right the wrongs of Spider-Man 3, and go back to the epicness from the first two....
......OR WAS HE?

Here's a possible outline: http://www.starkindustries.ru/Script...Treatment-.pdf

DaCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

That's a pretty reliable site, RIM (from the site) used to post on here and give us whatever exclusive stuff he could for TASM and other films.

Some of the highlights for me:

Vulture is Mary Jane's real father.

Peter tells her that her father is really the Vulture and she yells at him, then leaves him when she finds out he was right.

Giant Electro is defeated thanks to Black Cat's breasts.

Black Cat betrays Spidey because her secret sister is captive thanks to the villain! Reminds me of Silver Fox in X-Men Origins: Wolverine - she betrays Wolvie because her sister Emma Frost (what) is captive thanks to the villain!

It sheds a little more light on this one piece of Spider-Man 4 Electro concept art for Hasbro, I was thinking before that it was just one of those 'movie style toys but not actually in the movie'.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.

Last edited by Spidey_62; 08-29-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
That's a pretty reliable site, RIM (from the site) used to post on here and give us whatever exclusive stuff he could for TASM and other films.

Peter tells her that her father is really the Vulture and she yells at him, then leaves him when she finds out he was right.

Black Cat betrays Spidey because her secret sister is captive thanks to the villain! Reminds me of Silver Fox in X-Men Origins: Wolverine - she betrays Wolvie because her sister Emma Frost (what) is captive thanks to the villain!

It sheds a little more light on this one piece of Spider-Man 4 Electro concept art for Hasbro, I was thinking before that it was just one of those 'movie style toys but not actually in the movie'.

There's a high chance that it could'v been horrible. However....I don't think they would include the breast scene in the final cut or even the highly strange scenes. I still think that via rewrites, it would've been better.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

they definitely ran out of ideas for MJ so they would have just threw her aside altogether

Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Would any official document ever mis-spell "Physically" so badly? Also, I've read the pitch for SM3 from Raimi and he's all about central arcs and themes. Hard to believe this write-up came from him.

Terrible though. He made the right choice to walk away if this where it was going.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Would any official document ever mis-spell "Physically" so badly? Also, I've read the pitch for SM3 from Raimi and he's all about central arcs and themes. Hard to believe this write-up came from him.

Terrible though. He made the right choice to walk away if this where it was going.
I blame Sony. They forced him to put Electro for an extra character because they think Vulture wouldn't sell. I wish they had given him the full creative control they promised instead of backstabbing him.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCage View Post
I blame Sony. They forced him to put Electro for an extra character because they think Vulture wouldn't sell. I wish they had given him the full creative control they promised instead of backstabbing him.
i'm not sure its electros involvement that made it sound terrible, he seemed to be only a small part of it according to the outline

Old 08-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i'm not sure its electros involvement that made it sound terrible, he seemed to be only a small part of it according to the outline
I agree but if Sony had trusted Sam with the full creative control and they had let him use Vulture as the one villain, I doubt he'd screw it up. Even with the strange scenes with Felicia flashing Electro and Peter and Felicia showering, they wouldn't even include it. They did n't include Pepper and Killian's sex tape in Iron Man 3's final cut.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

This is painfully, obvious fanart.

Quote:
I agree but if Sony had trusted Sam with the full creative control and they had let him use Vulture as the one villain, I doubt he'd screw it up. Even with the strange scenes with Felicia flashing Electro and Peter and Felicia showering, they wouldn't even include it. They did n't include Pepper and Killian's sex tape in Iron Man 3's final cut.

What kind of bizarre fanfiction have you stumbled upon...?

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
DaCage
Side-Kick

Cs Funny Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
This is painfully, obvious fanart.

What kind of bizarre fanfiction have you stumbled upon...?
In Iron Man 3, in a draft had Killian and Pepper's sex tape. http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...potts-20130507

Also, in the possible Spider-man 4 outline....Peter and Felicia have sex and she flashes Electro.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Looks like fanart concepts one might find on like deviantart. lol. Like I said, it's obviously not official.

Also, there have been like, 50 alleged "drafts" of the Spider-Man 4 screenplay floating around. All fan speculation. Nothing official (again).

Old 08-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the artworks were done by kelly yates

Quote:
Kelly Yates is an illustrator best known for his work on Doctor Who: The Forgotten, Doctor Who: Fairytale Life and various covers and one-shots for IDW Publishing. In addition, his writes and illustrates the creator-owned books, Amber Atoms and MonstHer. His work also includes toy designs and movie design concepts for Hasbro properties such as Spider-Man and G.I. Joe.

His passion for art, especially comic book art, stems from a family road trip out to California when he was 12-years old. On the way back, his family stopped at Yellowstone National Park for the night and to his distress quickly discovered they had no TV's in the entire building. Luckily, the gift shop had a few comic books and he’s been reading them ever since.
so they were basically designs for the toys, but obviously that doesn't mean they were not based on the designs they were gonna use in SM4

http://kellyyates.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-29-2013 at 10:05 AM.
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #14
Lord
All Mighty

Anybody remembers the early ideas for Spider-Man 2? It had Dock Ock as Peter's colegue and a student too, i'm really sure a lot of this would have been changed with time, i doubt all of this would be the final version of the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yeah, Kelly Yates did some concept designs for Hasbro. In the Deviantart comments, he confirmed a few stuff for Spider-Man 4.

Here are some storyboards for Spider-Man 4:

Old 08-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #16
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Ouch. Maybe the deviantart comment was a bit harsh (there's actually some good stuff on there), but seriously, this artwork looks well below the quality of production/concept art for a big budget production like Spider-Man (toys or not).

This is the first I'm hearing of Electro ever having been considered. To my knowledge, Vulture was always meant to be the villain in SM4 -along with vultress and black cat *shudder* (which was actually never proved).

Old 08-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #17
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Anybody remembers the early ideas for Spider-Man 2? It had Dock Ock as Peter's colegue and a student too, i'm really sure a lot of this would have been changed with time, i doubt all of this would be the final version of the movie

Yes, the early draft of SM2 by Michael Chabon had a lot of weird stuff (young doc ock, Harry setting his apartment up with traps, Peter inserting a microchip in his arm to remove his powers, etc...)

Quote:
Yeah, Kelly Yates did some concept designs for Hasbro. In the Deviantart comments, he confirmed a few stuff for Spider-Man 4.

Here are some storyboards for Spider-Man 4:

Didn't Raimi himself share these a while ago?

Any theories on the gremlin in panel two? lol.

(Last panel reminds me of the climactic scene in Superman Returns)

Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Yes, the early draft of SM2 by Michael Chabon had a lot of weird stuff (young doc ock, Harry setting his apartment up with traps, Peter inserting a microchip in his arm to remove his powers, etc...)

Didn't Raimi himself share these a while ago?

Any theories on the gremlin in panel two? lol.

(Last panel reminds me of the climactic scene in Superman Returns)

I believe Jeffrey Henderson (storyboard artist for OZ) posted these on his Tumblr. It hardly got an reaction from the web.

Haha, the gremlin is a gargoyle that Spider-Man could be throwing at Vulture.

I see it now! I would've loved seeing that scene happen at the end of SM4.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
webhead731
I'm a photographer

It's hard to tell what is real and what isn't with this film. Also take into consideration re-writes. I know Raimi wasn't happy with the script.

webhead731 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #20
SilentWarriorZ
Side-Kick

spidey 4 could still happen they can run both spiderman and ASM Parallel maybe crossover event too along with scarlet spider , noir , Armor, 2099 for a team up spiderman movie

Oh wait Iam talking about Animated movie version

SilentWarriorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
DaCage
Side-Kick

What was most likely would have happened in SPIDER-M4N:
1. Vulture was going to be the villain, the main villain. Even if there was any villains, Vulture was going the be the main villain played by John Malkovich.

2. Sam Raimi was going to use Black Cat, I believe he confirmed it. Anne Hathaway was all set.

3. Michael Papajohn was apparently going to be in Spider-Man 4.

4. Raimi wanted to boost Bruce Campbell into a supporting character.

5. Apparently....a red headed toddler was suppose to be in it.

6. SPIDER-M4N was suppose to be the last Spider-Man movie for Raimi's trilogy. A reboot was always planned.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #22
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Who knows? But it's safe to say Mary Jane would've been kidnapped/rescued.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #23
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

Very clearly appears to be fan fiction.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #24
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

Why did Rami not run with it?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #25
DaCage
Side-Kick

Th Wink Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Why did Rami not run with it?
Because he wanted to make something perfect. After Spider-Man 3, he wanted to do something that would top the first two. Which is really hard....
Maybe if he got Whedon to write it....