The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #76
riddlethejoker

Default Re: Superman vs Batman to be filmed in Detroit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I hope this building is shown in some way.

Arkham Asylum?

riddlethejoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #77
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlethejoker View Post
Arkham Asylum?
or Blackgate Prison

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #78
shauner111
Side-Kick

Hmm I like that idea of a prologue. They should release another 6 minute prologue in front of some WB movie like 6 months ahead of time. Just a Gotham centric Batman prologue to show fans how awesome (hopefully) Affleck is. Show him in the batcave, fighting criminals on the streets and why he chooses to leave to Metropolis.

That would be awesome. Sequels to Nolan's films had 6 minute prologues with the new villain that would become a huge part of marketing because we knew what to expect from Bale's Batman. Why not do that here? We know what to expect with Cavill's Superman...and the new batman is surely the thing that's most talked about. So do a Batman prologue.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #79
Rodrigo90
Creepy Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlethejoker View Post
Arkham Asylum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
or Blackgate Prison
Either would be great. Even Police HQ.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #80
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I don't know...a bankrupt post economic ghost city that makes prison look like a safer place seems like it needs a Batman more than a post modern gothic stylized grand gotham....or it's just me.
A city with Bruce Wayne, Wayne Enterprise, and an established and experienced Batman shouldn't be in the shape that Detroit is. That's just me.

H.E.
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #81
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

Awesome. So I can now go criticize Snyder in person instead of on the Internet! SCORE!

Old 08-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #82
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I hope this building is shown in some way.

God I hope not! Every time I see that building I think about Optimus Prime and Megatron running around it trying to get the Cube. Its just too well known of a location for me to not get ripped out of the movie.

H.E.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #83
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Are they going to still be coming to Toronto?

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #84
Rodrigo90
Creepy Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
God I hope not! Every time I see that building I think about Optimus Prime and Megatron running around it trying to get the Cube. Its just too well known of a location for me to not get ripped out of the movie.
It's pretty good though, they might look at it for something.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #85
D.P.
Banned User

So they're using the real life Gotham?

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #86
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
A city with Bruce Wayne, Wayne Enterprise, and an established and experienced Batman shouldn't be in the shape that Detroit is. That's just me.
This is very true.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #87
STARMAN
Side-Kick

They could also be using the Michigan Motion Picture Studios. Last time, they used Vancouver's sound stages.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #88
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
Are they going to still be coming to Toronto?
Deadline says "some filming is expected to be done in Toronto", but none of the other trades have confirmed it. Considering how much WB is expected to spend filming in Michigan -- $131 million without the $35 million subsidy -- it's safe to say most of this film will be shot in Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
They could also be using the Michigan Motion Picture Studios. Last time, they used Vancouver's sound stages.
That's a given. There's no other studios in that state that can accommodate a big shoot like this. You can bet they'll reconstruct Clark's interior Fortress of Solitude, the interior Daily Planet scenes, Bruce's underground cavern, et al.

As for people concerned about the cast and crew's safety while they're filming in Detroit... they'll be fine. I don't think the studio would shoot there if they couldn't guarantee their safety.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #89
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

When Ra's describes Gotham in BB, I could just picture Detroit. Very fitting. So Chicago for Metropolis, Detroit for Gotham, if Wondy gets a film what will be Gateway?

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #90
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Somewhere in Northern California probably.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #91
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Hmm I like that idea of a prologue. They should release another 6 minute prologue in front of some WB movie like 6 months ahead of time. Just a Gotham centric Batman prologue to show fans how awesome (hopefully) Affleck is. Show him in the batcave, fighting criminals on the streets and why he chooses to leave to Metropolis.

That would be awesome. Sequels to Nolan's films had 6 minute prologues with the new villain that would become a huge part of marketing because we knew what to expect from Bale's Batman. Why not do that here? We know what to expect with Cavill's Superman...and the new batman is surely the thing that's most talked about. So do a Batman prologue.
It would be cool, but the reason Nolan showed those two openings in advance was to showcase the use of IMAX cameras, which hadn't been used in any previous major Hollywood feature. A Batman-centric opening would be awesome though, I just don't think they'd release it ahead of the movie itself.

TheOneWhoKnocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #92
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It's not "MOS2". This is a Batman/Superman or Batman VERSUS Superman movie. Of course they'll show Gotham, Wayne Manor, the batcave, Bruce and Alfred before he has a reason to move into Metropolis' territory.
Or they might not show anyone connected to Batman, and considering Lex is in this, they might be in Metropolis, not Gotham. Detroit doesn't prove it will include Gotham at all.

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #93
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
But a city with an underground, crime-fighting legend, would.

If BVS is Batman's coming out party so to speak, it would make sense he hasn't been making moves big enough to drastically turn around a notorious cesspit of crime. Much less, a clean city is also a city that doesn't really need a Batman. That's not nearly as interesting and is also something already been covered in the last film.

Jekecy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #94
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I'd say its a safe bet Gotham will make an appearance in some capacity. Batman without Gotham is like **** without stink ( I regret this analogy). Aint going to happen.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #95
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Metropolis was beat up a lot in MOS, don't forget.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #96
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
But a city with an underground, crime-fighting legend, would.

If BVS is Batman's coming out party so to speak, it would make sense he hasn't been making moves big enough to drastically turn around a notorious cesspit of crime. Much less, a clean city is also a city that doesn't really need a Batman. That's not nearly as interesting and is also something already been covered in the last film.
Snyder has said this is a grizzled fully established batman. This movie isn't his coming out party. He is already out and been at it for a while.

And I'm not asking for a cleaned up city. I'm just asking for something not Detroit lol. I just miss the larger than life comic booky Gotham of Burtons films. Imagine that style with todays cgi and compositing. You could make one hell of a city. Instead we are getting detroit. It just sounds uninspired.

H.E.

Last edited by Marvolo; 08-29-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #97
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Snyder has said this is a grizzled fully established batman. This movie isn't his coming out party. He is already out and been at it for a while.

And I'm not asking for a cleaned up city. I'm just asking for something not Detroit lol. I just miss the larger than life comic booky Gotham of Burtons films. Imagine that style with todays cgi and compositing. You could make one hell of a city. Instead we are getting detroit. It just sounds uninspired.
Like I said, Metropolis was damaged a lot during MOS.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #98
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
I remember watching Goyer saying on a video interview that Bruce would likely have been Batman for a few years, but was still on the low. They fully intended Supes to be the first superhero, and that wouldn't be possible with Batman already on the [public] scene.

Quote:
I'm fully with you, but I'm not convinced we're there tech-wise. Even some of the most impressive cgi-cities I've seen, they all had to resort to wide shots. And that's it. Everything else has either taken place indoors, or on very obvious sets.

There's definitely a natural feeling of space and depth which you can immediately notice when watching something like The Dark Knight versus Batman Begins. The canvas opened up tremendously. Until the day comes where you can create a city (down to the street level) from the ground up, I'd prefer real locations.

Jekecy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #99
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

Quote:

i doubt we're just "getting detroit". to be honest, detroit doesnt have the most impressive skyline to pose as either gotham or metropolis. most of its skyscrapers are confined to a rather small area, its not a sprawling skyline like most other cities. there will surely be composite shots to make it its own city. detroit will be phenomenal for location shots though, particularly street level. i've always said it'd be the perfect place to shoot gotham.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #100
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I'm confident Gotham won't just be wide shots of Detroit. Snyder isn't Nolan. The man has a dynamic sense of visual world building. Detroit will be souped up with a lot of CGI. It'll be as unrecognizable as the city Detroit as Oldman was in Hannibal.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote