The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - Part 43

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
TheVision
Born Yesterday

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Yeah I look at it as a Mission Impossible/Man from UNCLE type show with some X-Files thrown in. Although its starting to get more superhuman now.

If people want a regular super hero show watch Daredevil

Old 03-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
reddog271
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Yeah I look at it as a Mission Impossible/Man from UNCLE type show with some X-Files thrown in. Although its starting to get more superhuman now.

oh I can't wait for Daredevil. that looks amazing.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #5
connor_in
Ben Reilly impersonator

Quote:

...soon...

Old 03-26-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:

If you look at the first half of season 1 as a spy show, it still isn't good, it doesn't matter if people got confused with what the show was supposed to be about if it was good it would have kept viewers, it wasn't so it didn't.

1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) Iron Man 6) Batman Begins 7) X-men 2 8) Spiderman 2 9) Superman 10) Thor
Old 03-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #7
TheVision
Born Yesterday

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part

I dont know if AOS started off shaky because a) it honestly wasnt written well or 2) they knew that Winter Soldier was going to change the storyline later on and kinda made it that way on purpose. At least its better now.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:11 PM   #8
yllum
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part

Comments deleted

Last edited by yllum; 03-26-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #9
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
I dont know if AOS started off shaky because a) it honestly wasnt written well or 2) they knew that Winter Soldier was going to change the storyline later on and kinda made it that way on purpose. At least its better now.
The winter soldier thing was a big part of it, at least according to the writers
but the writing was lackluster as well
If they wanted to, they couldve started delving into the mysteries sooner, and not relied so heavily on the monster of the week idea. In retrospect, some of that early set up stuff was necessary though, so they couldn't ditch it entirely.

basically, I look at the show like a comic that's better in trade form than reading it monthly.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #10
-VisionsVision-
Kylo Ren

yllum, please use spoiler tags.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #11
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -VisionsVision- View Post
yllum, please use spoiler tags.
Sorry. .I using my phone to type..dont know how to put spoiler. .I will delete the comment then

Old 03-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #12
yllum
Side-Kick

Comment deleted

Old 03-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #13
InCali
WOOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
Sorry. .I using my phone to type..dont know how to put spoiler. .I will delete the comment then
I'll use spoiler tags with regard to who may or may not show up on AoS, but this, IMO, ain't much of a spoiler.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I think that possibility of Carol Danvers making an appearance on AoS (in the near future) is so small as to be non-existent. They haven't cast anyone for the part of Carol/Captain Marvel (that we know of) yet and I doubt that her debut will be on network television. They "might" do some sort of cameo without a face shot. Like a fighter pilot scene with a helmet on just to get the fans blood pressure to shoot through the roof. This has been discussed on the Captain Marvel thread quite a bit.

www.cloudvistas.com

Last edited by InCali; 03-26-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #14
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #15
Demileto
Side-Kick

I'm not sure if I agree wholly with the criticism that the movies are ignoring AoS entirely. Like I said in the AoS forum, by the time the show started shooting its first season IM3 was already complete and got its theatric release, T:TDW was going through post-production, CA:TWS was finishing its principal photography and GotG was beginning that step. All those movies already had their script finished, three of them were done shooting or close to it and the latter was going to spend 99% of its running time in space. What did happen in AoS's first season that was worth acknowledging in those movies to justify last minute rewrites and shootings? Nothing.

A:AoU is really the first movie to be conceived in a world where AoS is a thing, and even then for any plot element of AoS to be referenced in a movie going forward it'd necessarily have to play a role, however small, in the story. That goes for the elephant in the room - Coulson revealing his ressurection to the Avengers - too: if it's not meant to serve the Avengers' story - inspiring them to believe in the impossible even against all odds, for example - then it'd be an addition completely disjointed from the general story structure, and no, a post-credits scene isn't a good way to include that either, as it doesn't suit either the fluffy and irrelevant or the foreshadowing the next big movie that the post-credits scenes of the MCU have been so far. Any other approach would make it more of a Coulson moment and, as such, best served in AoS, again in a context that'd make it a natural addition and not just fanservicing.

Last edited by Demileto; 03-26-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #16
ElectroFlare
Mightiest Mortal

Kane you win the internet

Gut instinct predictions-Ben Affleck will rock as Batman. DoFP will bomb. Guardians of the Galaxy will be great. Winter Soldier will be the best of Phase 2. Age of Ultron will under-achieve. Feel free to call me out if I'm wrong.
Oooga-chaka Oooga-chaka
Old 03-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #17
InCali
WOOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demileto View Post
I'm not sure if I agree wholly with the criticism that the movies are ignoring AoS entirely. Like I said in the AoS forum, by the time the show started shooting the show's first season IM3 was already complete and got its theatric release, T:TDW was going through post-production, CA:TWS was finishing its principal photography and GotG was beginning that step. All those movies already had their script finished, three of them were done shooting or close to it and the latter was going to spend 99% of its running time in space. What did happen in AoS's first season that was worth acknowledging in those movies to justify last minute rewrites and shootings? Nothing.

A:AoU is really the first movie to be conceived in a world where AoS is a thing, and even then for any plot element of AoS to be referenced in a movie going forward it'd necessarily have to play a role, however small, in the story. That goes for the elephant in the room - Coulson revealing his ressurection to the Avengers - too: if it's not meant to serve the Avengers' story - inspiring them to believe in the impossible even against all odds, for example - then it'd be an addition completely disjointed from the general story structure, and no, a post-credits scene isn't a good way to include that either, as it doesn't suit either the fluffy and irrelevant or the foreshadowing the next big movie that the post-credits scenes of the MCU have been so far. Any other approach would make it more of a Coulson moment and, as such, best served in AoS, again in a context that'd make it a natural addition and not a just a fanservicing.
Good points. Also, it makes NO sense for them to do so once the timing get lined up. The TV and Films can feed off each other and help each other. We get psyched when Sif or whoever is in AoS or there's a reference to the "film" world (or at least I do). If there's something in the movie that ties in with AoS, I'm going to want to see it (I watch it anyway, but I think it makes others who are more casual fans, be more interested).

www.cloudvistas.com
Old 03-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #18
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Captain America : The Winter Soldier was a game changer for Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. as it played the HYDRA card very well an brought the series up in terms of continuity where Agent Carter was more Alias from the get-go. AOS was more X-Files.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #19
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Yeah I really wish a version of Scully an Mulder would appear on AoS. Like a halloween show or something

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #20
TheVision
Born Yesterday

A reference to X-files would be very cool!

Last episode they referenced Pulp Fiction which was great

Old 03-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #21
InCali
WOOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Captain America : The Winter Soldier was a game changer for Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. as it played the HYDRA card very well an brought the series up in terms of continuity where Agent Carter was more Alias from the get-go. AOS was more X-Files.
Agreed. TWS was really well done and set the stage. Ditto for GotG. As much as I loved TWS, GotG was such a breath of fresh air that it was my favorite movie of 2014. In the MCU, TWS was probably more important and we'll see all of that play out in AoU, CW, etc.

I hope Ragnarok continues to push the envelope.

Still, I'd love to see Peter Quill in a dance off against Ultron.....bro....

www.cloudvistas.com
Old 03-27-2015, 01:05 AM   #22
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Spoiler about Hydra:

Old 03-27-2015, 01:16 AM   #23
DanielFM
Poor-man's Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle View Post
Spoiler about Hydra:
It's nice to see them try to make the minions a bit more threatening and fodder-like.
It makes all the more thrilling when our heroes kick their asses

Old 03-27-2015, 01:16 AM   #24
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Interesting

ps4 psn: djKiddVicious
Old 03-27-2015, 05:30 AM   #25
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle View Post
Spoiler about Hydra:
That's actual makes them a threat nice job Josh!

Closed Thread