The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 04:55 AM   #476
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 216
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Imagine how the world would see this.... Superman is God on Earth and saving lives in every country every week of the year, and then you open the newspaper and see that someone dressed as a Bat (childish, I know!) from a scumback city called Gotham, whats to throw a punch at God. Even the people from Gotham will think its just plain inappropriate.

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #477
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,310
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

But in Batman's mind, he knows never to trust anyone. No matter how heroic they appear to be.

__________________
"You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs - hehehehehehehehe "
Joker
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #478
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 216
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
But in Batman's mind, he knows never to trust anyone. No matter how heroic they appear to be.
Same as a lot of druggies out there....

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #479
Dagenspear
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 480
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

This is exactly why we need people like Batman and Lex. They won't fall in line with the rest of the sheep.


Last edited by Dagenspear; 09-27-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Dagenspear is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #480
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,310
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Same as a lot of druggies out there....
Batman comes from a world where men with power usually go mad. He comes from a world where men with power use it for corruption. He comes from a world where men smile at you and then stab you in the back. A world where cops and politicians, who are supposed to help you, betray you...

He lives in that black and white world.

Why would he end up thinking any different about Superman without fully investigating him, and even then, still be very wary?

__________________
"You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs - hehehehehehehehe "
Joker
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #481
Rowsdower!
THE WALL
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An undisclosed location
Posts: 17,357
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batjag View Post
Back to casting, I think Joel Edgerton would be awesome as Lex. Try to imagine him shaved bald, he just oozes contempt in a very Lex Luthor way.

I agree, especially after seeing him in The Great Gatsby.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #482
Superherofan123
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 813
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

I think Damien Lewis is the best pick at this point. I think Jon Hamm would be a great choice as well.

Superherofan123 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #483
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 216
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Batman comes from a world where men with power usually go mad. He comes from a world where men with power use it for corruption. He comes from a world where men smile at you and then stab you in the back. A world where cops and politicians, who are supposed to help you, betray you...

He lives in that black and white world.

Why would he end up thinking any different about Superman without fully investigating him, and even then, still be very wary?
Oh you said "But in Batman's mind, he knows never to trust anyone."

"Never" would mean Batman never trusts Superman no matter how wise Superman is. That's a bit juvenile of Batman, considering that Superman is the world's only hope for survival against big time threats. Batman should cooperate instead of being a hothead.

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #484
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 216
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

And Batman should trust Superman. Superman had the wisdom to kill Zod. Batman refused to kill The Joker (if he had the ability to kill him), and innocent people died because of The Joker's survival. Batman is a sheep, he just follows the law, even when the law is useless in the face of evil. Superman whereas is willing to kill in order to save innocent lives. Batman can learn what justice really is, if he follows Superman's lead. Anyway this is my final post off-topic. Lex is the topic.

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #485
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

NOOOOO Batman can't kill whats wrong with you!! First you say Lex is a bad villain and now you want Batman to kill. no respect for the source material

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #486
georgec
Not a hero
 
georgec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belize
Posts: 3,841
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Have they considered Michael B. Jordan?

__________________
Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is... - Countdown until midnight release on March 25, 2016 - updated!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #487
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Michael B Jordan as Lex? Too young

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #488
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick
 
Pickleweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,964
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
And Batman should trust Superman. Superman had the wisdom to kill Zod. Batman refused to kill The Joker (if he had the ability to kill him), and innocent people died because of The Joker's survival. Batman is a sheep, he just follows the law, even when the law is useless in the face of evil. Superman whereas is willing to kill in order to save innocent lives. Batman can learn what justice really is, if he follows Superman's lead. Anyway this is my final post off-topic. Lex is the topic.
Hahahahaha

Pickleweasel is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #489
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Yeah when I read that I immediately flashed back to the "swear to me" scene in BB

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #490
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,644
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
And Batman should trust Superman. Superman had the wisdom to kill Zod. Batman refused to kill The Joker (if he had the ability to kill him), and innocent people died because of The Joker's survival. Batman is a sheep, he just follows the law, even when the law is useless in the face of evil. Superman whereas is willing to kill in order to save innocent lives. Batman can learn what justice really is, if he follows Superman's lead. Anyway this is my final post off-topic. Lex is the topic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #491
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,310
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Oh you said "But in Batman's mind, he knows never to trust anyone."

"Never" would mean Batman never trusts Superman no matter how wise Superman is. That's a bit juvenile of Batman, considering that Superman is the world's only hope for survival against big time threats. Batman should cooperate instead of being a hothead.
He knows never to trust anyone with power til he fully investigates and understands that the person is no threat to anyone.

It's just common sense, instead of being a foolish sheep who sees the nice man being nice.

Appearances can often be deceiving and Batman should know that well into his career.

And if the two do indeed fight, which is pretty much guaranteed, then they aren't going to be trusting buddies til the end.

__________________
"You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs - hehehehehehehehe "
Joker
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #492
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA U.S.A.
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

If MoS is meant to be set in "the real world," does this make us sheep? I feel like Rodrigo is right in calling it common sense.

__________________
"They laughed when I said that a man could walk on the moon. Now I'm up here laughing at them." - Louie Armstrong
DChero is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #493
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,310
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

The film doesn't work like the old days. Where everybody instantly trusted Superman. As we should obviously know.

Just because Batman would see Superman helping people, does that mean he should be trusted so fast?
He'd be the most sceptical and wary out of all of us.

Jerry Sandusky did good things in front of people, everyone thought he was charitable. Look what his agenda was for doing all that...

Like I said, Batman comes from a world where men with power usually go mad and do bad things. Cops and politicians lie, men who are seemingly good. He knows never to trust anyone without doing his homework. Even then, Batman makes sure to have an insurance policy. It's how he is.

__________________
"You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs - hehehehehehehehe "
Joker
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #494
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,515
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Have they considered Michael B. Jordan?
No, but every other studio making a 2015 movie has

but seriously he's too young

__________________
Twitter: @Jasper_CH

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #495
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,310
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
And Batman should trust Superman. Superman had the wisdom to kill Zod. Batman refused to kill The Joker (if he had the ability to kill him), and innocent people died because of The Joker's survival. Batman is a sheep, he just follows the law, even when the law is useless in the face of evil. Superman whereas is willing to kill in order to save innocent lives. Batman can learn what justice really is, if he follows Superman's lead. Anyway this is my final post off-topic. Lex is the topic.


Batman not only believes in the Law, but also hides behind it, and morals and ethics, because he doesn't want to become the evil he fights against. He wants to separate himself from evil, draw a line...That's his real fear. He doesn't want a padded cell in Arkham. He doesn't want to let his parents down...

He's not the Punisher.

If you don't understand that then...

__________________
"You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs - hehehehehehehehe "
Joker
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #496
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,515
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Did someone just call Batman a sheep?

I...

__________________
Twitter: @Jasper_CH

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #497
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,022
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
The film doesn't work like the old days. Where everybody instantly trusted Superman. As we should obviously know.

Just because Batman would see Superman helping people, does that mean he should be trusted so fast?
He'd be the most sceptical and wary out of all of us.

Jerry Sandusky did good things in front of people, everyone thought he was charitable. Look what his agenda was for doing all that...

Like I said, Batman comes from a world where men with power usually go mad and do bad things. Cops and politicians lie, men who are seemingly good. He knows never to trust anyone without doing his homework. Even then, Batman makes sure to have an insurance policy. It's how he is.
You just had to make a Sandusky reference.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #498
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,310
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Let's replace that with Jimmy Savile then

__________________
"You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs - hehehehehehehehe "
Joker
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #499
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,644
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post


Batman not only believes in the Law, but also hides behind it, and morals and ethics, because he doesn't want to become the evil he fights against. He wants to separate himself from evil, draw a line...That's his real fear. He doesn't want a padded cell in Arkham. He doesn't want to let his parents down...

He's not the Punisher.

If you don't understand that then...
To reiterate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs

Read what the guy says about Lex before this. It's obvious what the lil' guy is doing.

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #500
georgec
Not a hero
 
georgec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belize
Posts: 3,841
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
No, but every other studio making a 2015 movie has

but seriously he's too young
Haha it wasn't a serious suggestion.

Haven't you heard? MBJ is the new Fassbender.

__________________
Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is... - Countdown until midnight release on March 25, 2016 - updated!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.