The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #801
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Not really, I don't care if Luthor is bald or not, just like I didn't care if Lois had red hair.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #802
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
wait whoah slow down, I thought Cranston was a lock for Lex already? rumor broke too early and deal went south?
Don't be sad. That was never true anyways.

Just a rumor.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #803
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
If Luthor is in the movie, which I certainly think he is - the deal is already done just not announced yet, methinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Lex fits better for this film. MOS perfectly set up about eight different ways to use him and the fallout is also the perfect place for him as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Lex needs to be the main villain. We've waited long enough for a proper Lex, it'd be way too much of a tease if we saw him in this film and he wasn't a villain. I don't see the point when he's the perfect villain for this film
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I mean seriously, they're were practically smacking you in the face with the "Lex is coming, Lex is coming, don't forget that Lex is coming" references in MOS.
I agree. I mean didn't Lex Luthor get the highest number of Easter Eggs in MOS? You know I had this funny idea which might actually scare me more now. Remember the plot twist from Iron Man 3? What if they applied that here?

Basically what if Lex isn't who we think it is amd he's right in front of us this whole time? I reckon that in the movie Ben Affleck is really Luthor.

Here's how it would go, so for the first half of the film, we see a shadowy Batman from time to time and we keep hearing about Lex Luthor and of course Bruce Wayne but we don't really see them until later. The film progresses as usual up until a point in a Batman/Superman conflict when his mask comes off and then we hear a bald Ben Affleck saying "I'm Vengeance, I'm the Night,I'm Lex Luthor and I'm Batman! Oh and Bruce Wayne's an elaborate facade for me to gain a stronger foothold in Gotham" *audience gasps and fanboys rage*, and the reason why they'd do that? DC/WB saw how general audiences loved the IM3 plot twist and wanted to replicate it and they knew that they could never get a Batman to top Nolan's Batman.

As for what happens to JL it's anybody's guess.

But that would never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Metallo can only exist with Kryptonite. But we can't be sure right now whether or not it will show up up.

Lex could synthesize it somehow...if he had the knowledge and the actual means.

To be honest. I want Lexcorp to mimic things in real life. Like illegal and unethical experiments, like cloning.
The argument is however. ..if we had Bizarro

It may be too similar with the fight scenes we had with Zod...
I wouldn't want Bizarro in this universe or done at all in my opinion. I also wonder though how they could do Superman fights that could top Zod's especially if they bring in Doomsday.

Last edited by smallville fan; 10-16-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #804
KillerMcQueen
The Foolhardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I wouldn't want Bizarro in this universe or done at all in my opinion. I also wonder though how they could do Superman fights that could top Zod's especially if they bring in Doomsday.
If they ever attempt to top the Superman-Zod fight, the only two villains I'd want them to attempt it with would be Doomsday or Darkseid

Old 10-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #805
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
If they ever attempt to top the Superman-Zod fight, the only two villains I'd want them to attempt it with would be Doomsday or Darkseid
I need Darkseid on film. I NEED to see him, voiced by Michael Ironside, on screen.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #806
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
Absolutely. The universe they set up could quite easily introduce them if they wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post
I need Darkseid on film. I NEED to see him, voiced by Michael Ironside, on screen.
I think they should do both Brainiac and Darkseid on film both in CG voiced by Corey Burton and Michael Ironside on screen.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #807
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post
Me too.

I want him to be the badguy in MOS3. Marvel has Thanos. Why can't one of DC's biggest villains be a REALLY personal enemy?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #808
Rorschach2012
$

Agreed, Darkseid has to be a part of their universe at some point.

I think Superman should die and be resurrected at some point too, does it have to be Doomsday that kills Superman? What if it was Darkseid?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #809
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ That would be..epic.

Doomsday is really pretty much a doubt rampaging beast..Darksied on the other hand

Old 10-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #810
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Absolutely. The universe they set up could quite easily introduce them if they wanted to.

I think they should do both Brainiac and Darkseid on film both in CG voiced by Corey Burton and Michael Ironside on screen.
Dude I am so with you on reusing them for live action. I think both of their voices are suitable for a live action movie, they're perfect in their respective roles. That would be such an awesome nod to the fans.

A lot of people would probably think this was gimmicky, but their voices are just so dead on. Any time I read stories with Darkseid or Brainiac, I imagine Ironside's and Burton's voices.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #811
KillerMcQueen
The Foolhardy

I say have Darkseid unleash Doomsday in JL, JL2 is Superman coming back and them taking on Darkseid.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #812
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ That would be..epic.

Doomsday is really pretty much a doubt rampaging beast..Darksied on the other hand
I feel like it'd be a lot more personal that way. Darkseid could have an epic monologue about how Clark has utterly failed, and he'd tell him all the horrible things he's going to do to humanity. Comic book purists would hate it, but I never thought Doomsday should've been the one to kill Superman, it always should've been Lex or Darkseid.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #813
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Metallo can only exist with Kryptonite. But we can't be sure right now whether or not it will show up up.

Lex could synthesize it somehow...if he had the knowledge and the actual means.

To be honest. I want Lexcorp to mimic things in real life. Like illegal and unethical experiments, like cloning.
The argument is however. ..if we had Bizarro

It may be too similar with the fight scenes we had with Zod...
I like the idea of Bizarro, Lex could use Bizarro to frame Superman. But it probably would be too similar to the Zod fight, maybe if it were the third movie, but i think it'd draw too many comparisons to that fight.

I can really see Lex and Metallo working together in this movie... maybe a Batman villain too

Old 10-17-2013, 02:02 AM   #814
sf2
Side-Kick

no supervillain in BVS!!!

it's a superman vs men + all the manmade!!!

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:58 AM   #815
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Bizarro would be awesome. To avoid the repetition of two kryptonians fighting, have Superman pre-occupied with Lex at the end, and have Batman take down Bizarro.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 10-17-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #816
smallville fan
Hero

I could possibly see Bizarro working in one specific way, is if they do a Death & Return of Superman movie later. Right now in Batman vs Superman(or whatever they're going to call it) probably not as the world is still quite grounded.

In the Death & Return of Superman-inspired solo movie they do the Superman/Doomsday fight(which is not a rehash of Superman vs Zod) and of course Superman dies, then it pretty much becomes the Superman: Doomsday movie where the fake clone eventually degenerates into Bizarro.

However my problem with Bizarro is that he's too much like this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

A Bizarro who's a little less like that is good.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #817
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

haha. Well I imagine he wouldn't be like that at all. I imagine he'd be an engineered clone that is programmable/controllable by Lex or something. It doesn't need a personality imo.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #818
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Looking at that video Bizarro....its too bad Michael Shannon was Zod

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Old 10-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #819
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sex View Post
I'm still hoping for Strong.
Of all the rumours, that's the only one I think might come true.

But I'd be dissapointed. Cause I wanna see something exciting, and while Strong makes a great bog standard villain, he's just so 'inside the box' thinking.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 10-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #820
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
He was a lock according to CBN. Nuff said.

Apparently he wants an A-lister for Lex.
Shauner knows more I think.
so... its not Cranston?

aww nutz. he wouldve been awesome in the part

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Don't be sad. That was never true anyways.

Just a rumor.
wouldve wanted this to be true and the Batfleck one the rumor

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Last edited by Steelsheen; 10-17-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #821
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

But I'd be dissapointed. Cause I wanna see something exciting, and while Strong makes a great bog standard villain, he's just so 'inside the box' thinking.
Totally. I'd like to see a "good guy" in the role, someone who would actually pass as the genius philantropist the character pretends to be. Because that's what I want him to be: a guy with actual beliefs and an actual ideology, and an actual POINT. He should have a good point in his hatred against Superman. That's what'll make him interesting, imo. Ol' Viggo would fit that, as would Bryan Cranston, in a way. Mark Strong just carries too much baggage from past evil guy roles.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 10-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #822
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'd personally like to see Darkseid saved for a JL move. It usually takes multiple heroes just to slow him down. He's more a threat to the entire DCU. It could be like the Chitauri invasion from Avengers, but on a global scale, much more destructive, and with the main villain getting in on a lot of the physical action.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #823
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

Going to have to disagree with you there. I know that Strong has played a lot of villains as of late, but if you look over the whole of his career, he's played heroic or at least morally ambiguous characters plenty of times. I think people are assuming he'd play Lex the same way that he played he villain in Kick-Ass, and while there are perhaps some similarities in the two characters (both are wealthy business owners) that villain was much more a mobster type. If you watch Strong in Low Winter Sun, Rock N Rolla and Sunshine (he was a villain there but he was f***ing terrifying), I think you can see that he's a very versatile actor who could possibly give us the Lex we've all wanted to see for a long time.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #824
GreenKToo
In the fire

I've thought all along it would be someone of the caliber of a DDL, Decaprio, Mortensen, Hanks, Damon, etc.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #825
Daldo

Patrick Wilson
Matthew Goode
Joaquin Phoenix
Michael C. Hall
Leo Di Caprio.

Last edited by Daldo; 10-18-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Closed Thread