The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #926
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Yeah. I don't him to turn out like the Joker in the Nolan series. That character was set up so well to return down the line, yet it never happens.

Yes!! I always imagined it over some military base in either a large desert or around the Fortress of Solitude. Not sure how the Fortress thing can work now though.
Either of those places could be cool. Or some room that Lex has at Lexcorp that was specifically designed to contain Superman?

And hopefully they establish a real Fortress of Solitude, there's so much visual potential for the Fortress of Solitude

Old 10-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #927
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Typed it before, and I'll type it again until we have official word one way or the other. The Fortress should be made by Superman's own two hands as a repository of all the K-Tech debris and items that were left after the battle of Metropolis and the World Engine's destruction in the Indian Ocean. He risks too much if he has not even bothered to collect the majority of it up. Zod's body, his armor included. That does not mean some can't fall into Lex's hands, or that Superman, with all his powers, can't figure out how to get some of that tech to work, to help him "test his limits"(cough "gravity beam" cough). Not to mention, if a certain bald man looks for some of the World Engine debris he may find that the process the Engine started in it's effort to terra form the planet has transmuted some of the local mineral deposits into a new radioactive substance whose specific radiation is lethal to the Man Of Steel.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #928
Spamtron
THE MAN

seems like a pretty nice line of thought...

Old 10-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #929
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
Yeah. I don't him to turn out like the Joker in the Nolan series. That character was set up so well to return down the line, yet it never happens.
i believe that is the very reason why nolanbats wasn't going to be included in this universe. we don't get the time jump to sweep those events under the rug, thus batman isn't a shell of himself in the third film, and after batman has his trilogy, it sets up the possibility of a grander universe. losing heath was the chain reaction to it all.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #930
hafizbat
Side-Kick

What about Billy Zane? I know I know, we shouldn't just look at bald actors, but c'mon he looks EXACTLY as how I imagine Lex to look. And his character in Titanic did have that "holier than thou jerk" characterization that Luthor has.

Imagine showing this smooth, charming face to the public

And then this darker, driven look when he's alone, plotting against the alien...

Couldn't find a pic of him looking furious

Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #931
Shawn Wayne
I own a large clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
What about Billy Zane? I know I know, we shouldn't just look at bald actors, but c'mon he looks EXACTLY as how I imagine Lex to look. And his character in Titanic did have that "holier than thou jerk" characterization that Luthor has.

Imagine showing this smooth, charming face to the public

And then this darker, driven look when he's alone, plotting against the alien...

Couldn't find a pic of him looking furious

Great choice. totally how I see the character in my mind

Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #932
Rorschach2012
$

Wow, Billy Zane huh? I've never seen him suggested for Luthor before.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #933
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

No issues with Zane from me. There are a lot of fans that dismiss him because he's an easy pick. That's no reason to pass on an actor. He should only be passed on if he doesn't fit the mold for Goyer's Lex or another actor is better.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #934
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Wow, Billy Zane huh? I've never seen him suggested for Luthor before.

Yeah next thing you know people will be suggesting Crispen Glover for The Joker...

Old 10-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #935
shauner111
Side-Kick

Are people still suggesting Zane???? Do you guys learn anything from casting?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #936
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Lmao

Old 10-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #937
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Are people still suggesting Zane???? Do you guys learn anything from casting?
Learn what? He was never cast and never failed. I'm not sure what kind of lesson that someone can learn from literally no history.

He's not my top pick, but I have no idea why people act as if it's a bad choice. He's been suggested many times over the past ten years - common knowledge - yet that does not have any impact on whether he can play the part or not. There are people suggesting Peter Dinklage (among others) just for the sake of looking as if they "think outside of the box" or the typical mold. Please.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #938
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Learn what? He was never cast and never failed. I'm not sure what kind of lesson that someone can learn from literally no history.

He's not my top pick, but I have no idea why people act as if it's a bad choice. He's been suggested many times over the past ten years - common knowledge - yet that does not have any impact on whether he can play the part or not. There are people suggesting Peter Dinklage (among others) just for the sake of looking as if they "think outside of the box" or the typical mold. Please.
I hear ya lol, and I'm guilty of it to, but in defense of it all, it's just that if it was right after titanic, I don't think many people would have a problem. Now it seems like his movies are going straight to DVD. He hasn't been in any beefy roles since then

Old 10-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #939
smallville fan
Hero

Oh great we're back to Billy Zane. ZZZZZZ

I wish they'd get some announcement done please.

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
Old 10-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #940
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
I hear ya lol, and I'm guilty of it to, but in defense of it all, it's just that if it was right after titanic, I don't think many people would have a problem. Now it seems like his movies are going straight to DVD. He hasn't been in any beefy roles since then
For sure. I understand that he isn't considered a "hot" actor right now, but in my opinion that wouldn't matter since the star power has already been established. The general audience isn't showing up for a Luthor movie.

It's sad that it's almost become a stigma here for those casting any actor that's played a bald character. There's way too much chest-pounding among the fanboy community (myself included).

Old 10-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #941
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
For sure. I understand that he isn't considered a "hot" actor right now, but in my opinion that wouldn't matter since the star power has already been established. The general audience isn't showing up for a Luthor movie.

It's sad that it's almost become a stigma here for those casting any actor that's played a bald character. There's way too much chest-pounding among the fanboy community (myself included).
I agree DC.....I can't wait to find out where they go from here.....I know reading to much into it but Synders comments about lex got me thinking he's looking at Brad Pit....

Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #942
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I wouldn't want anyone like Pitt, heh. What I'd like to see is for WB to cast someone more accessable that can be used more than the likes of Pitt, Hanks, Cruise, etc. They may give one strong performance, but they won't be easy to continue using/paying.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #943
Rorschach2012
$

I could see Matthew Goode and Josh Brolin being considered for Lex since they were rumored for Batman.

Still want Cranston though

Old 10-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #944
Bren
Forevernoob

I'm pretty sure it's been suggested (I'm not that brilliant), but how much you reckon they've got enoughj money to get Denzel Washington to shave his hair for the role?

Old 10-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #945
Rorschach2012
$

What's the point? There are other actors (better actors) that could do it better than him AND look the part.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #946
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
He's not my top pick, but I have no idea why people act as if it's a bad choice.
1) He is not a good actor.

2)...

...no wait... that's good enough!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 10-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #947
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

I don't get the Billy Zane suggestion anymore. Years ago I kind of understood it, but now? Not really. He's only remembered for Titanic and The Phantom and he's generally bad or not worth taking note of in his films.

I guess some people think he's a good actor but I don't see it.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 10-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #948
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I could see Matthew Goode and Josh Brolin being considered for Lex since they were rumored for Batman.

Still want Cranston though
Most of the guys on that Batman short list would make a decent Lex Luthor if you shave them bald.

I just got into Breaking Bad and I'm up to the 2nd half of Season 4(I know I'm very late to the party) and I'm warming up to the idea of Cranston as Lex Luthor.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #949
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Most of the guys on that Batman short list would make a decent Lex Luthor if you shave them bald.

I just got into Breaking Bad and I'm up to the 2nd half of Season 4(I know I'm very late to the party) and I'm warming up to the idea of Cranston as Lex Luthor.
Yea infact Gus character is the perfect lex IMO, even though Walter is pretty similar.....BB is awesome, enjoy

Old 10-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #950
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Yea infact Gus character is the perfect lex IMO, even though Walter is pretty similar.....BB is awesome, enjoy
I wouldn't mind him as Luthor especially if someone like Giancarlo Esposito is playing, he's a good actor.

Closed Thread