The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 08-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
DaCage
Side-Kick

Default Joss Whedon's Spider-Man

Whedon usually writes his scripts so that everyone is just a bit cleverer and always has a comeback or quip which is perfect for Spider-Man!

Getting Whedon to write Spider-Man would be like...Hitchcock directing a James Bond movie, Shakespeare writing a Sherlock Holmes book!

DaCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Default Re: Joss Whedon's Spider-Man

He also generally has horrible things happen to his characters, sometimes for no reason other than malignant forces of destiny. He's perfect!

*eg*

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
DACrowe
Side-Kick

I said that for years. When they were rebooting Spidey, and before he was on Avengers, he was my pick. In some ways, he is a better fit for Spidey than even the Avengers. It's for the simple reason that he loves soapy angst and melodrama. Spidey is a much better outlet for that side of his creativity, in my opinion.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
He also generally has horrible things happen to his characters, sometimes for no reason other than malignant forces of destiny. He's perfect!

*eg*
I think he'd be the only guy to make Uncle Ben's death so tragic.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I said that for years. When they were rebooting Spidey, and before he was on Avengers, he was my pick. In some ways, he is a better fit for Spidey than even the Avengers. It's for the simple reason that he loves soapy angst and melodrama. Spidey is a much better outlet for that side of his creativity, in my opinion.
I wish he had written the reboot. I feel that he'd do an amazing job with Spidey, more than the Avengers. it just fits his style...shows like Buffy prove it! It would've been awesome if they got Matthew Vaughn to direct Spider-Man and Whedon to write it.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

I love Marc Webb but yes yes please freaking yes. Joss Whedon making Spider-Man (Specifically the Stacy arc) would be the best comic book movie ever.

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

He would be too similar too Rami. They needed someone like Webb to bring the "Ultimate Spider-Man" comic too life.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
He would be too similar too Rami. They needed someone like Webb to bring the "Ultimate Spider-Man" comic too life.
Nah. Raimi favored overly corny humor, Whedon's all about clever writing and quips. He would work much better for Spidey.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Nah. Raimi favored overly corny humor, Whedon's all about clever writing and quips. He would work much better for Spidey.
I could see him bring back the camp and cheesiness. The reboot series is trying it's best to adandon that and give it a more Modern-Edgey vibe.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
I doubt it. If anything, it'd be an interesting combination of Matthew Vaughn's Kick-Ass and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I would go broke to see Joss Whedon do a one-shot Spider-Man comic. I would kill to see it!! We probably won't ever get a movie done, which I'm okay with, but I'm hopeful that he writes a comic book! A single Spider-Man comic book would beat the Avengers movie. It would be the next big one-shot comic IMHO.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
I could see him bring back the camp and cheesiness. The reboot series is trying it's best to adandon that and give it a more Modern-Edgey vibe.
The reboot is just decent. It isn't amazing or anything. If Whedon ever wrote it, it would be a masterpiece. Vaughn would be great to direct it.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCage View Post
The reboot is just decent. It isn't amazing or anything. If Whedon ever wrote it, it would be a masterpiece. Vaughn would be great to direct it.
TASM was Webb's first action film. I felt the action and villain were it's weakest point. Webb has said that he has learnt alot and wants to push the character and his universe as far as he can. For instinct he will not shy away from the more darker moments (Gwen's Death) and his universe will be pushed (Sinister 6).

Old 08-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
TASM was Webb's first action film. I felt the action and villain were it's weakest point. Webb has said that he has learnt alot and wants to push the character and his universe as far as he can. For instinct he will not shy away from the more darker moments (Gwen's Death) and his universe will be pushed (Sinister 6).
I agree. TASM was more of those movies where you expect the sequel to top it. It left unanswered questions. I can't wait to see Marc Webb push boundaries with the series.
But even so, Whedon should do Spider-Man. He probably won't write it, (I'd love for him to write TASM 3). I'd kill for him to do a One-shot comic of Spider-Man. He'd save us from what the abomination called Superior Spider-Man and gives us fans a true amazing Spider-Man we want.

Last edited by DaCage; 08-30-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Typo.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #14
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Joss would be the perfect actor for Spider-Man. Granted, he's probably too old for the part these days, but that can always be fixed with a little movie magic, some stunt men, and good CGI.

ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Joss would be the perfect actor for Spider-Man. Granted, he's probably too old for the part these days, but that can always be fixed with a little movie magic, some stunt men, and good CGI.
Lol wut.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #16
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
I agree. TASM was more of those movies where you expect the sequel to top it. It left unanswered questions. I can't wait to see Marc Webb push boundaries with the series.
But even so, Whedon should do Spider-Man. He probably won't write it, (I'd love for him to write TASM 3). I'd kill for him to do a One-shot comic of Spider-Man. He'd save us from what the abomination called Superior Spider-Man and gives us fans a true amazing Spider-Man we want.
I agree that a Vaughn or JW SM film would be great but I just think Webb has got this idea for Spidey that only he can truly bring to life. We know what hos Dad did but why did they make the cross-spices for example?

Old 08-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

I can't imagine Whedon's Spider-man being significantly different from Raimi's Spider-man.

Quote:
Getting Whedon to write Spider-Man would be like...Hitchcock directing a James Bond movie, Shakespeare writing a Sherlock Holmes book!
In the sense that it sounds better than it would be, yes.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
I can't imagine Whedon's Spider-man being significantly different from Raimi's Spider-man.

In the sense that it sounds better than it would be, yes.
Joss knows how to make teen angst work, watch Buffy for example, he can make Peter sound more like a smart-ass from the comic books, and he really knows how to write tragedy. I don't think that it would be anything like Rami's movies.

Besides, I don't even care if he writs the vmoies. I jsut think he'd be perfect at writing the character. Again, a One-Shot comic. MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL!

Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I wanna see Whedon's X-men first. I bet it would be ...........astonishing.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
DaCage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
I wanna see Whedon's X-men first. I bet it would be ...........astonishing.
If Joss would do an X-Men movie, Kitty Pryde would be amazing

From the director of Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron
Brings you...
PRYDE

Spider-Man would be out of this world, I just want him to do something with the character.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
He would bring humor, he would just bring a more appropriate brand of humor to Spidey.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #22
OcStat
Side-Kick

Whedon on the new Spider-Man franchise would have been neat, but Webb has made a decent outing and looks to have improved his cinematic Spider-Man mythos in the sequel.

The franchise might have been better under Whedon, but I think its in good, capable, inventive hands.

Besides if Whedon didn't do Avengers, who knows what could've happened.

Pretty impressive that both these guys had their 2nd directed theatrical releases with multimillion dollar franchises spanning decades. These dudes deal with pressure pretty well I'd say.

I'm not exactly a follower of Whedon, he was put on my radar thanks to Astonishing X-Men. That alone gives me full confidence he could write a damn good Spider-Man book. Coupled with the Avengers, I am sure he could faithfully and impressively adapt any Marvel property to film.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #23
Silvermoth
Avenger

Joss should pretty much direct every marvel movie

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #24
OcStat
Side-Kick

That would be worth the 4 year wait in between each movie.

It'd be like the early 2000's with a lot less disappointment!

Although by the time he finished Avengers 2 and single handedly took on all the follow ups, it'd be time to recast everyone for A3. Ha.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #25
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Joss should pretty much direct every marvel movie
I disagree, i think he's a good writer, but as a director he doesn't bring anything new.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote