The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Which will we see first?
Justice League v Legion of Doom 4 26.67%
The Avengers v Masters of Evil 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Legion of Doom or Masters of Evil? Which will we see on screen first?

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen. Legion of Doom/Injustice League has already been teased. But the DCEU is having some issues. Marvel hasn't really made a mention to the Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts but the MCU is still churning out 3 movies a year. So never mind what the evil team is called. Here's the heart of the question:

Do you think we will see Justice League take on a team of supervillains first? Or will Avengers beat them to the punch?

Vote and discuss.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #2
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Default Re: Legion of Doom or Masters of Evil? Which will we see on screen first?

Oh good, another vote/poll in which Marvel fans can beat the DC crowd with a shovel till there's a 90% / 10% split.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Default Re: Legion of Doom or Masters of Evil? Which will we see on screen first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Oh good, another vote/poll in which Marvel fans can beat the DC crowd with a shovel till there's a 90% / 10% split.
Marvel fans?

I’m a DC fan.

Pass me the ****ing shovel.

Justice League isn’t going to clear 650 million, thanks to Zaddy and the brain trust at WB. Marvel made 800 million on a film with a talking raccoon.

The Legion Of Doom isn’t happening any time soon, given that the DCEU is probably going down the toilet (deservedly). I expect we’ll see Masters Of Evil right after the 100 million dollar Moon Knight movie.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.9/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 8/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10

My 2018 dream scenario - DC put up for sale when AT&T merger fails. Bought by Amazon.

Last edited by m1ll3r; 11-28-2017 at 05:35 PM.
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #4
daddydivine
I'm black, I can say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Well you could always find a way to create some sort of vote/poll that has Nolans trilogy in it.

But, you never know. DC did do a villains first movie with Suicide Squad and marvel has a habit of killing off their villains quick fast and in a hurry.

Still... Zemo is one of the villains that has survived and the original members of the MOE haven't been introduced yet.

I vote Masters of Evil since I'm a Marvelite.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 PM   #5
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

I'm not sure that we'll see either. The future of the DCEU is in flux, and the MCU has done nothing to build or suggest that a MoE group is even possible.

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #6
marvelrobbins
Banned User

neither.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:06 PM   #7
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

No idea if it will include the Masters of Evil or not, but based on recent box office results we will almost certainly get more Avengers films before a JL2 so I voted for it.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:51 PM   #8
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
No idea if it will include the Masters of Evil or not, but based on recent box office results we will almost certainly get more Avengers films before a JL2 so I voted for it.
We're already getting 2 more.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #9
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

The DCEU is dead at this point. They will make Aquaman and WW2, and the Batman solo movie, but I think the DCEU is on permanent hiatus for the moment.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:33 PM   #10
Deck Rickard
#ReleaseTheUnwatchableCut

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
Marvel fans?

I’m a DC fan.

Pass me the ****ing shovel.

Justice League isn’t going to clear 650 million, thanks to Zaddy and the brain trust at WB. Marvel made 800 million on a film with a talking raccoon.

The Legion Of Doom isn’t happening any time soon, given that the DCEU is probably going down the toilet (deservedly). I expect we’ll see Masters Of Evil right after the 100 million dollar Moon Knight movie.
Yeah, I'm more of a DC fan too. I grew up on Super Friends, Reeve's Superman, Keaton's Batman, Zero Hour, Superman/Doomsday, Knightfall, Emerald Twilight, Kingdom Come, etc.

Still doesn't change the fact that Marvel has put out 10 years of great content while the DCEU has only one great movie (Wonder Woman). I don't want it to be this way, but it is.

Deck Rickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #11
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Accidentally voted LOD, meant to vote for Masters of Evil! Lol!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:57 AM   #12
Consona
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Justice League isn’t going to clear 650 million, thanks to Zaddy and the brain trust at WB.
Thanks to Zaddy? It was Whedon and WB who totally f***ed up. Check out all the changes they've made to the film and they had the audacity to slap "a movie by Zack Snyder" over it.

Consona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:00 AM   #13
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consona View Post
Thanks to Zaddy? It was Whedon and WB who totally f***ed up. Check out all the changes they've made to the film and they had the audacity to slap "a movie by Zack Snyder" over it.
Snyder made BvS. It was terrible. Course correction needed for JL. Course correction was terrible. Both to blame.

Though, the lack of oversight by WB execs contributed to BvS’s failure, as has been made clear in the El Maybe article.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.9/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 8/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10

My 2018 dream scenario - DC put up for sale when AT&T merger fails. Bought by Amazon.
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:43 AM   #14
Zant
Side-Kick

With all this retirement and death talk, its a shame the masters of evil may not even fight the core Avengers...

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:05 AM   #15
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Snyder made BvS. It was terrible. Course correction needed for JL. Course correction was terrible. Both to blame.

Though, the lack of oversight by WB execs contributed to BvS’s failure, as has been made clear in the El Maybe article.
Yup. And even without WB's interference, Scott Mendelsohn correctly predicted that BVS' box office dropoff and critical reception indicated the sequel was going to make way less money, which often happens to sequels of critically panned movies.

But back on topic I Think the Legion of Doom could work. In fact it's probably what they should have done in the first place. In hindsight, trying to assemble the Justice League to fight a CGI alien invasion was not a smart idea, as it inevitably draws comparisons to the Avengers right out of the gate. I mean, the concept of a team of superheroes was always gonna do that, but they could at least have had their first movie deal with a different threat.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #16
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Clearly Legion of Doom was the intention for JL2, but that won't happen. I don't see the Masters of Evil happening anytime soon. I actually think the Thunderbolts will end up happening first, thus kind of killing the MoE idea a little.

Is there a neither option, LOL!

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:50 AM   #17
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I've never understood the Masters of Evil. Marvel has so many great villains that could populate that team, but it's always a bunch of D-listers and Baron Zemo.

Legion of Doom is a far better team, and I'd be way more interested in seeing them onscreen.

That said, I don't see a Justice League sequel happening any time soon, so I've gotta go with the Masters of Evil .

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #18
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Is there a neither option, LOL!
I was looking for that as well.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote