The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick
 
ZIPBAGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,167
Default Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Full appearance or cameo at the end?

Quote:
Warner Brothers has considered featuring Wonder Woman in the upcoming Superman vs Batman movie.

President of creative development Greg Silverman has said that the studio is taking the character's movie future "very seriously".

"We have been doing a lot of thinking for years about how to best use all those characters and we love them," Silverman told Variety.

"Wonder Woman is an amazing character. I think it's a great opportunity both for box office success, but also to have an amazingly powerful female superhero.

"We are taking it all very seriously and are trying to do a plan that's respectful to those characters and maximises the stories as best they can. So everything that has been speculated are things that we've thought about."

Warner CEO Kevin Tsujihara has previously said that the company "need[s] to get Wonder Woman on the big screen or TV".

Lynda Carter, who portrayed Wonder Woman on screen between 1975 and 1979, recently called for Warner to appoint a female screenwriter to tackle the character.

Wonder Woman has not made a live action appearance on screen since the cancellation of Carter's show in 1979.

An NBC pilot featuring Adrienne Palicki in the title role was not picked up to series.


Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...#ixzz2iT3wURpB
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
ryan dube
Go Team Dynamite!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 290
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

no. that would mean that they would have to cast her... If anything, they might have easter eggs, but I doubt that they would go through the trouble of casting her character for a simple cameo.

ryan dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
mclay18
Sexed-up archery
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,981
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

If Snyder and Goyer found a way to include WW/Diana Prince in this film, without relegating her to a cameo, I'm all for it. It's all about characters, what the story is, and balancing each one's screentime.

It is curious that Silverman has all but said that WW will be in it. No development on the second WW pilot, no new casting at this point (aside from Affleck and the returning MOS cast members).

__________________
Think McFly Think


"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,975
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

If they're not going to do an actual Trinity movie, which is what I really want, then a cameo could also work to set up future films. Or they could just reference or hint at WW's presence. Maybe she appears at the end as an Ambassador or something like that.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,323
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

I'll say it for the tenth millonth time, if they want to make a ww film soon, she should be in the film. she shouldn't reveal herself to be wonder woman until the end. if they need give her some action, let her deal with a threat to superman and batman away from them, while they wonder about said threat being neutralized. not exactly like, but similarly to the way black widow was handled in IMII.

__________________
anyone ever been to a fast food restaurant? on melmac, they were the worst. you'd asked for a cat, that was extra crispy, and they'd bring a bowl of arthritis.
ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,420
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

don't need to see WW, but I'd love if Clark, Bruce, and Diana all crossed paths at some kind of function/gala/event.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
jimbob
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 121
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Perry White: "There's a woman here who says she has inside info on some illegal business going on at Lexcorp. She says she'll only talk to you, Clark."
Clark: "It could be a great story, or it could just be one of Luthor's many enemies. Either way should be interesting."
Perry: "I don't know who she is, but I can tell you she's not an ordinary person."
Clark: "What do you mean by that?"
Perry: "She's just different. I've met a million people, but none like her. When she walked in the office, I didn't know whether to bow, run or just sit there hypnotized. You'll see. Elaina, go to Meeting Room B and tell Diana Prince that Clark Kent will be up to talk with her."
That's it. Don't show her or involve her otherwise in this movie. Set Diana up as an agent who's investigating Luthor. She wants some information to get out to make Lex squirm a little, maybe even make a mistake. That's all Clark and Bruce will know about her, until she decides she needs to do more.

jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
theShape
Creature of Darkness
 
theShape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Inside your mind.
Posts: 10,717
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan dube View Post
no. that would mean that they would have to cast her... If anything, they might have easter eggs, but I doubt that they would go through the trouble of casting her character for a simple cameo.
This.

It'd be ridiculous for them to cast the new Wonder Woman for what would most likely be a one scene cameo, and then be contractually obligated to use that same actress for years down the line.

If anything, we'll see a reference to Wonder Woman's existence by the end of the film. That'd be cool and fitting, since Bats and Supes will eventually be forming a team of heroes. It'd make sense for Batman to have files about most of the non-humans or meta-humans in that exist around the world, or are rumored to exist -- WW, Aquaman, etc.

__________________
Past the point of no return...
theShape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
Tempest
Life is a cookie
 
Tempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 920
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

I'm firmly in the camp of hoping and wanting to have a reference of her in the film. I wouldn't have a problem if she shows up too.

__________________
That moment when you put the oldies station on and hear a song that was new when you were ten. Obviously, the DJ is not well-informed on what an 'oldie' actually is.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,699
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

In World's Finest? No. I'm glad WB is seriously considering the character but she should first appear in her oun movie. Batman vs Superman belongs to those characters. I would love to see a Trinity movie, but i doubt WB will do that.

__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
theShape
Creature of Darkness
 
theShape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Inside your mind.
Posts: 10,717
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
In World's Finest? No. I'm glad WB is seriously considering the character but she should first appear in her oun movie. Batman vs Superman belongs to those characters. I would love to see a Trinity movie, but i doubt WB will do that.
If WB/DC were smart, after giving a little easter egg about her in Batman/Superman, they'd schedule a Wonder Woman solo film for 2016...and then have Batman and Superman make appearances at the end of THAT film asking her to join them. It would be beyond epic.

That way, we'd have seen both the World's Finest (Bats and Supes) AND the Trinity (Bats, Supes, WW) on the big screen together before the Justice League makes its way to theaters.

__________________
Past the point of no return...
theShape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,699
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

I'm not sure about putting post-credit scenes in DC's films, i actually like them making each film its oun story without having ending with a "to be continued" or serving as a teaser to the next film. Out of all the Justice League members right now she's the one who deserves a movie the most, and not revert to a tv show again, she needs to hit the big screen.

__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,193
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

I'd prefer cameo at this stage like how Batman was hinted in MOS.

Right now, Superman's world needs to be fleshed out more. The relationship between Lois and Clark needs to be fleshed out, perhaps put the two on a journalism assignment set by Perry? As well as this, the only person I feel Zach Snyder and WB should be looking to cast at the moment is Lex Luthor.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #14
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 7,047
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Perry White: "There's a woman here who says she has inside info on some illegal business going on at Lexcorp. She says she'll only talk to you, Clark."
Clark: "It could be a great story, or it could just be one of Luthor's many enemies. Either way should be interesting."
Perry: "I don't know who she is, but I can tell you she's not an ordinary person."
Clark: "What do you mean by that?"
Perry: "She's just different. I've met a million people, but none like her. When she walked in the office, I didn't know whether to bow, run or just sit there hypnotized. You'll see. Elaina, go to Meeting Room B and tell Diana Prince that Clark Kent will be up to talk with her."
That's it. Don't show her or involve her otherwise in this movie. Set Diana up as an agent who's investigating Luthor. She wants some information to get out to make Lex squirm a little, maybe even make a mistake. That's all Clark and Bruce will know about her, until she decides she needs to do more.
Like it

__________________
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #15
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,137
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Seconded.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,975
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I'd prefer cameo at this stage like how Batman was hinted in MOS.

Right now, Superman's world needs to be fleshed out more. The relationship between Lois and Clark needs to be fleshed out, perhaps put the two on a journalism assignment set by Perry? As well as this, the only person I feel Zach Snyder and WB should be looking to cast at the moment is Lex Luthor.
You could have a scene at the DP where there's a newspaper with an article about an Amazonian diplomatic delegation traveling to DC. Or it could be a news segment playing on a TV in the background. Fans will catch it.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 260
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
You could have a scene at the DP where there's a newspaper with an article about an Amazonian diplomatic delegation traveling to DC. Or it could be a news segment playing on a TV in the background. Fans will catch it.
Yup this sounds good to me. Just a small nod

Tony Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,420
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

or maybe we have Bruce on his Bat computer, while investigating Clark/Superman, going through files on "meta humans" and we see the name Diana Prince.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #19
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,975
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Would she already have taken the last name "Prince?"

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #20
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
If WB/DC were smart, after giving a little easter egg about her in Batman/Superman, they'd schedule a Wonder Woman solo film for 2016...and then have Batman and Superman make appearances at the end of THAT film asking her to join them. It would be beyond epic.

That way, we'd have seen both the World's Finest (Bats and Supes) AND the Trinity (Bats, Supes, WW) on the big screen together before the Justice League makes its way to theaters.
Yep. Then JL, then the solo Batflick. Or the solo Batflick, then JL.

Aw heck! Batman's been covered like a mummy. NO SOLO BATFLICKS!!!

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #21
Masone
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 751
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
This.

It'd be ridiculous for them to cast the new Wonder Woman for what would most likely be a one scene cameo, and then be contractually obligated to use that same actress for years down the line.

If anything, we'll see a reference to Wonder Woman's existence by the end of the film. That'd be cool and fitting, since Bats and Supes will eventually be forming a team of heroes. It'd make sense for Batman to have files about most of the non-humans or meta-humans in that exist around the world, or are rumored to exist -- WW, Aquaman, etc.
What would be the problem with that? If they plan on having a Wonder Woman movie, they are going to need to contract somebody to play the part. All they need to do is have plans for either a solo WW movie, a JL movie or a Trinity movie, and then they can cast her in this movie.

It's actually better if they do it that way, box office wise.

Masone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #22
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

They should have the director or whoever's in charge for WW focus on the casting for her, and then shoot WW while Superman/Batman is being filmed. They can have her sent over when the crew is busy filming scenes without her in them.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #23
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,303
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

I could see them putting WW if Goyer pulls another Ras/Ducard /Talia/Miranda/ John Blake/Robin style hidden in plain sight twist. It was rumored that the love interest was Wonder Woman a while back. Anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's at this point.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #24
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,935
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I could see them putting WW if Goyer pulls another Ras/Ducard /Talia/Miranda/ John Blake/Robin style hidden in plain sight twist. It was rumored that the love interest was Wonder Woman a while back. Anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's at this point.
We could get that kind of twist with Swanwick as Martian Manhunter

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #25
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
We could get that kind of twist with Swanwick as Martian Manhunter
That could be something. But what if MM had a bigger issue to deal with than the Zod invasion behind the scenes? That would explain why he couldn't help with the invasion, while also setting up a bigger DCU.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.