The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #26
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,558
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
He couldn't he was hurt.
In his leg, not arms
Yet he still swings, wall crawl, kicks Lizard, and do other stuff
Very convincing

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E

Quote this ballot in PM to ComicChick, pick your choice per category, send it to her.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #27
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,125
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
The only good scenes in ASM were those with Rhys Ifans. I would have said Martin Sheen, but he was criminally underused as Uncle Ben.
I disagree in fact I felt the best scenes were with Peter and Gwen. I also think we got more Uncle Ben in this film than in any Spidey film.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #28
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,125
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
In his leg, not arms
Yet he still swings, wall crawl, kicks Lizard, and do other stuff
Very convincing
Well on a swing you need your legs to help you again momentum. I thought it was the same for Spidey swinging.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #29
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,558
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Well on a swing you need your legs to help you again momentum. I thought it was the same for Spidey swinging.
Jumping, falling on his legs, all he did with his legs....
Suuuure

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E

Quote this ballot in PM to ComicChick, pick your choice per category, send it to her.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #30
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,125
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Jumping, falling on his legs, all he did with his legs....
Suuuure
Lol plot hole

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #31
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,558
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Lol plot hole
Just saying...

I rest my case

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E

Quote this ballot in PM to ComicChick, pick your choice per category, send it to her.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #32
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,125
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Just saying...

I rest my case
We will just assume that because he is Spider-Man he recovered as soon as he reached Oscorp. Though I wouldn't want to see him limping constantly.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #33
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Or that he moved through the pain because of adrenaline and being Spider-Man?

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #34
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,494
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
He couldn't he was hurt.
His leg was hurt, so he couldn't swing diagonally between buildings as he does all the time... But could swing and land and jump off cranes? And then climb up a building and fight a big superstrong monster and do more leaping?

EDIT: Disregard, others have already said something similar. Still...

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #35
CyclopsWasRight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,368
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

He could've made it to Oscorp by weblinging... After the canali device had been used and the villain won.

He was injured, had a loss of co-ordination and was in pain, it would've taken him too long to get there alone. The Construction worker saw that on the news broadcast. He set up the cranes to allow Spidey a straight line to Oscorp so all he had to do was swing in a straight line without as much effort.

I imagine stopping the bleeding helped later with fighting the lizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I don't get how the bridge scene was better. I prefered the construction worker helping Spidey swing than a bunch of New Yorkers yelling and throwing stuff at GG.
Agreed. The "You mess with one of us you mess with all of us" line was cringworthy


Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 09-01-2013 at 08:04 AM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #36
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,248
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Both are cheesy but the one in SM1 is a little more ridiculous because Green Gobin could have just blown them all to pieces if he wanted to

Ipodman is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #37
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Heh, I'm not trying to turn this into a Raimi trilogy vs Reboot thread but the suit for starters, the spider-sense for seconds, and a plot that is stuck with for the whole of the movie for thirds.
The suit wins. Raimi got that right.

Spider-sense? Like when Spider-man was in that building on fire and Goblin was right there pretending to be a woman and the spider-sense did NOTHING?

The whole movie is not an aspect, you just ran out of things to say.


*************************

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
The bridge scene from SM1 > the crane scene from TASM1
Very well fleshed out. I'll refute:

The crane scene from TASM1 > The bridge scene from SM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Reaction of the time, made sense the people work together to help Spidey save the children, their teacher, and MJ
The cranes are kinda pointless for a dude who can swing between buildings
Reaction of the time kept people in a bridge that was being bombed? Is that how people react? Any terrorist attack you remember when people didn't run but started to throw things and say stuff like "Yeah, I got something for your ass! You mess with Spidey, you mess with New York!"? It's gonna be years before someone can put so much cheese in just one movie.

Any super-villain, specially as arrogant as Green Goblin, who stays still and mute while being thrown things at and insulted?

The crane had a point to make things easier for Spider-man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
In his leg, not arms
Yet he still swings, wall crawl, kicks Lizard, and do other stuff
Very convincing
Oh yeah, it's like he's Spider-man and heals faster than humans.

Senator Pleasury is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #38
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,558
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Reaction of the time kept people in a bridge that was being bombed? Is that how people react? Any terrorist attack you remember when people didn't run but started to throw things and say stuff like "Yeah, I got something for your ass! You mess with Spidey, you mess with New York!"? It's gonna be years before someone can put so much cheese in just one movie.
Think of a movie scene parodied in the Boondocks, a guy threatens people on the plane, they attack him and stop his threat
If people do that, threats will be less

Quote:
Any super-villain, specially as arrogant as Green Goblin, who stays still and mute while being thrown things at and insulted?
Arrogant or not, they all slip and makes mistakes, or forget stuff

Quote:
The crane had a point to make things easier for Spider-man.
But it was unnecessary


Quote:
Oh yeah, it's like he's Spider-man and heals faster than humans.
As if they explained that in the movie, or if spiders heal their wounds pretty fast and it's public knowledge

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E

Quote this ballot in PM to ComicChick, pick your choice per category, send it to her.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #39
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 61,606
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

I view Raimi's version as him going to the Lee and Ditko era well for inspiration, so it doesn't come off as bad to me.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #40
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Think of a movie scene parodied in the Boondocks, a guy threatens people on the plane, they attack him and stop his threat
If people do that, threats will be less
Not the same scenario at all.

On a plane, people don't have anywhere to go. And your plane is not being bombed.

The only reason why Goblin didn't bomb those fellows was just bad writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Arrogant or not, they all slip and makes mistakes, or forget stuff
When you're hurt, you don't forget to feel pain. That's going to happen yes or yes. Goblin's silence and inaction are a mistake only in terms of lousy writing. The mistake was writing that scene so cheesey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
But it was unnecessary
No, it made things easier. That was necessary for a wounded Spider-man. And at the very least we get why the guy who helped them did so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
As if they explained that in the movie, or if spiders heal their wounds pretty fast and it's public knowledge
Pretty much, yes.

Raimi showed us that a grenade can explode right in front of Spider-man face and it won't give him more than a few tiny scars and a nosebleed. Public knowledge.

Senator Pleasury is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #41
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...
 
Wesley Dodds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 6,409
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Spider-Man 2 will probably always be my favourite ever comic book movie.
It's a sliver age Marvel comic put on screen and thusly imbued with this incredible innocence and sense of optimism. And, yeah, some goofy -and entirely inoffensive- humour.
Now, if some people want to knock it for those traits then go ahead, that's your prerogative and it's fine... but personally I think that kind of mentality is pretty damning proof of the increasingly sneering, hard-hearted cynicism everyone seems to find so stupidly attractive these days.
Somewhere along the line it apparently stopped being okay to embrace the fantastical and the imaginative. To deem those things "childish", as if making stripping all the joy and wonder from a story, and drowning it in blue-tinted cinematography is somehow more mature...
As much as it's showing it's age a little, I'd honestly rather watch Spider-Man '02 than TASM because at least the former has a friggin' pulse, you know?

Wesley Dodds is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #42
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,558
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Not the same scenario at all.

On a plane, people don't have anywhere to go. And your plane is not being bombed.
Have an issue, deal with it
Adapt, overcome, improvise

Quote:
The only reason why Goblin didn't bomb those fellows was just bad writing.
What's seen as bad writing can describe reality people overlook

Quote:
When you're hurt, you don't forget to feel pain. That's going to happen yes or yes.
But I'm not mentioning the guy in pain
Quote:
Goblin's silence and inaction are a mistake only in terms of lousy writing. The mistake was writing that scene so cheesey.
Reality overlooked

Quote:
No, it made things easier. That was necessary for a wounded Spider-man. And at the very least we get why the guy who helped them did so.
Unnecessary, still

Quote:
Pretty much, yes.

Raimi showed us that a grenade can explode right in front of Spider-man face and it won't give him more than a few tiny scars and a nosebleed. Public knowledge.
It doesn't explain the wound in the leg healing, and you might put that to bad writing while you're at it

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E

Quote this ballot in PM to ComicChick, pick your choice per category, send it to her.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #43
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,558
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds View Post
As much as it's showing it's age a little, I'd honestly rather watch Spider-Man '02 than TASM because at least the former has a friggin' pulse, you know?
I don't know
But I agree, I'd rather watch the 2002 movie over TASM

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E

Quote this ballot in PM to ComicChick, pick your choice per category, send it to her.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #44
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,125
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Other than the score I felt Amazing did everything better or the same as 02 Spidey.
Still like Spidey 1 though.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #45
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Have an issue, deal with it
Adapt, overcome, improvise
Have a terrorist attack? Deal with it.
Run for your life and don't defend some masked guy you don't know.

Have a script to write? Deal with it.
Justify, flesh out, write some decent lines for people cursing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
What's seen as bad writing can describe reality people overlook
Leave Spider-Man alone! You're gonna pick on a guy trying to save a bunch of kids?

Yeah, I got something for your ass! You mess with Spidey, you mess with New York!

You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us.

That's just bad writing, no matter what. Unnatural, cheesey, dumb. Even worse considering they were being bombed. Even worser considerig a super-villain doesn't react at all, not even verbally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
But I'm not mentioning the guy in pain
Reality overlooked
You don't have to. It's just an example of things that you just don't forget. Like reacting in any way when you're being thrown heavy objects. Specially if you're a super-villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Unnecessary, still
Making things easier for the hero is never unnecessary. If you're not being bombed at the moment, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
It doesn't explain the wound in the leg healing, and you might put that to bad writing while you're at it
It pretty much does explain it. At this point everyone and their mother know Spider-man can't be hurt the same way as humans.

Senator Pleasury is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #46
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,558
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Have a terrorist attack? Deal with it.
Run for your life and don't defend some masked guy you don't know.
He was saving people, enough to side with for the moment

Quote:
Have a script to write? Deal with it.
Justify, flesh out, write some decent lines for people cursing.
Leave Spider-Man alone! You're gonna pick on a guy trying to save a bunch of kids?

Yeah, I got something for your ass! You mess with Spidey, you mess with New York!

You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us.
[/quote]
Beats having ingrates or stupid spectators gawking
Like I said, deal with the problem, unite, that's smarting than allowing the a-h scare you $#%^less

Quote:
Making things easier for the hero is never unnecessary. If you're not being bombed at the moment, that is.
Making them too hard is unnecessary
Spider-Man had buildings lined up in a straight line on his way to Oscorp
It's nice people were cooperative and grateful, but they moved from a distance, didn't react to what's near them at the moment


Quote:
It pretty much does explain it. At this point everyone and their mother know Spider-man can't be hurt the same way as humans.
"Punch me, I bleed"

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E

Quote this ballot in PM to ComicChick, pick your choice per category, send it to her.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #47
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,625
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

I didn't find the crane scene to be cheesy at all. The bridge scene in SM1 hasn't aged too well. I understand what they were going for, it was right after 9/11 and all, but it hasn't aged well at all, kinda cheesy by today's standards.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #48
Mario_Galaxy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,389
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds View Post
Spider-Man 2 will probably always be my favourite ever comic book movie.
It's a sliver age Marvel comic put on screen and thusly imbued with this incredible innocence and sense of optimism. And, yeah, some goofy -and entirely inoffensive- humour.
Now, if some people want to knock it for those traits then go ahead, that's your prerogative and it's fine... but personally I think that kind of mentality is pretty damning proof of the increasingly sneering, hard-hearted cynicism everyone seems to find so stupidly attractive these days.
Somewhere along the line it apparently stopped being okay to embrace the fantastical and the imaginative. To deem those things "childish", as if making stripping all the joy and wonder from a story, and drowning it in blue-tinted cinematography is somehow more mature...
As much as it's showing it's age a little, I'd honestly rather watch Spider-Man '02 than TASM because at least the former has a friggin' pulse, you know?
Good post


(I enjoyed ASM too though)

Mario_Galaxy is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #49
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,625
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

I love SM2, it's not my favorite CBM, but it's definitely in my Top 10. I'd give it a 9.5.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #50
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,558
Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

I like SM2, give it a 7/10

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E

Quote this ballot in PM to ComicChick, pick your choice per category, send it to her.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.