The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #826
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Transformers should have more Cybertron and less humans, my favorite part of the movies is the flashback in the beginning of DOTM showing Cybertron.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #827
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Dredd reminds of those bad die hard clones from the 90's.
Funny. That's one of the reasons I dug it.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #828
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
It's certainly better than ROTF, but we all know about the writers strike and other problems with that.

Although, for me, there are too many human characters that are just too unnecessarily eccentric in DOTM.
Not even going to lie, Bumblebee almost dying made me emotional. I loved the almost 1 hour climax!

Last edited by MrMaooz; 11-02-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #829
hammerhedd11
OHaiMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
The way the movie was presented and told
Hmm. I find Kubrick's and Malick's directing styles to be nearly complete opposites of one another.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #830
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
It's certainly better than ROTF, but we all know about the writers strike and other problems with that.
That's not exactly hard to do.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #831
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Guys, DOTM was dope.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #832
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Yeah but you say that about most things

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #833
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Transformers should have more Cybertron and less humans, my favorite part of the movies is the flashback in the beginning of DOTM showing Cybertron.
Which would have made it a CG animated film.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #834
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

I don't get the hate for Ron Howard.

Apollo 13
Cinderella Man
A Beautiful Mind
Frost/Nixon
Rush

80s gems like Cocoon, Days of Thunder and Willow.

Ron Howard rocks.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #835
Drizzle
Assemble Again

I liked Dark of the Moon, but not enough to say that it warranted a fourth Transformers movie. The only reason why I'm tolerating the fourth one is because they've finally included Grimlock, who was my favorite Transformer.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #836
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

Gremlins is tied with JAWS as my favorite movie of all time. Not an unpopular opinion as Gremlins is a beloved 80s gem.

But Gremlins 2 is JUST as good as the first one. It's not a hated sequel, but it's more forgotten or brushed aside. It's damn brilliant.

Some people dislike it's cartoony approach. That is PRECISELY what makes it work so well. Joe Dante knew he couldn't re-create the lightening in a bottle aspect of the first film so he went into a brand new direction. A live action cartoon. As it stands Gremlins 2 is still one of the best representations of a cartoon as a live action film yet. It is filled with colorful and entertaining characters, insanely quotable dialogue and off the wall humor. The animatronic effects are some of the best ever committed to film and the satire is more relevant today than it was in 1990, which is something to be proud of. It's fast paced, zany, kooky, funny, cute and all around bloody brilliant. Not only one of the most underrated sequels of all time but one of the most underrated comedies of all time.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #837
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
Gremlins is tied with JAWS as my favorite movie of all time. Not an unpopular opinion as Gremlins is a beloved 80s gem.

But Gremlins 2 is JUST as good as the first one. It's not a hated sequel, but it's more forgotten or brushed aside. It's damn brilliant.

Some people dislike it's cartoony approach. That is PRECISELY what makes it work so well. Joe Dante knew he couldn't re-create the lightening in a bottle aspect of the first film so he went into a brand new direction. A live action cartoon. As it stands Gremlins 2 is still one of the best representations of a cartoon as a live action film yet. It is filled with colorful and entertaining characters, insanely quotable dialogue and off the wall humor. The animatronic effects are some of the best ever committed to film and the satire is more relevant today than it was in 1990, which is something to be proud of. It's fast paced, zany, kooky, funny, cute and all around bloody brilliant. Not only one of the most underrated sequels of all time but one of the most underrated comedies of all time.
Exactly! Agreed with all of this, Gremlins 2 was the ****. John Glover was hilarious.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #838
Victarion
Cut

I'm with y'all on Gremlins 2. Funniest scene for me is when they sneak up on Ebert.

In my opinion, Tim Curry's Pennywise isn't really all that frightening.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #839
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

Quote:

Oh, I'm with you on Gremlins 2, but I actually prefer it over the original. I might have mentioned in this thread before, but whatever, I love the movie. It's Joe Dante let loose and it's a blast, particularly the meta touches (the Leonard Maltin cameo, the callback to the Santa speech from the first one, etc.). And come on, Tony Randall!

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Old 11-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #840
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Which would have made it a CG animated film.
Fantastic!

Old 11-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #841
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
Yeah but you say that about most things
Yeah but DOTM deserves dope status.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #842
Tron Bonne
There's Evil Here. Within

I didn't mind that they had a mix of Transformers and humans. They've done that before with the franchise, but I think I'm on a similar page as Doc Ock in feeling that the human part really overshadowed the Transformers. The first film was especially true of this.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #843
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

I liked the idea of the deceptions having their own human allies, like their own Sam/ mikayla type characters, and I liked the twist with sentinel prime. It may because I just wasn't thinking to hard while watching but that legitamately surprised me (to a less extent so did the twist with Patrick Dempsey, though in hindsight it was much more obvious). However, the purpose of John malkovitch's character still escapes me, as does ken jeong ans John turtrro's characters.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #844
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Malkovich's character was stupid. Jeong was kind of useful. Turturro, well I don't know,but I like him.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #845
Matt Mortem
SpookshowSpectacular

I dig Punisher War Zone.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #846
georgec
Not a hero

'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot' is one of the greatest movies ever made.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #847
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Old 11-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #848
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

Alien 3 Assembly Cut is only a few notches below the first two on the great scale imo.

Everything people seem to hate about the movie is what makes it good imo. They killed off Newt and Hicks in the opening credits! Awesome. I love where that puts Ripley as a character. I love how this film plays up the fact that her and this creature are destined to do battle wherever the go. I like how Ripley seems to be cursed. I like how broken down she is in this, yet still as strong as ever.
I liked the somber tone. I like atmosphere. I like the finale. I like characters. Alien 3 is a bit of miracle for how troubled the production was.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #849
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

I haven't seen Alien 3 in years, but I remember I liked it and it was a surprise when I got into internet and found out so many people hated it.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #850
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Alien 3 Assembly Cut is only a few notches below the first two on the great scale imo.

Everything people seem to hate about the movie is what makes it good imo. They killed off Newt and Hicks in the opening credits! Awesome. I love where that puts Ripley as a character. I love how this film plays up the fact that her and this creature are destined to do battle wherever the go. I like how Ripley seems to be cursed. I like how broken down she is in this, yet still as strong as ever.
I liked the somber tone. I like atmosphere. I like the finale. I like characters. Alien 3 is a bit of miracle for how troubled the production was.
The Assembly Cut is great! I bet if fox let Fincher make the movie he wanted we could have had a masterpiece