Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #251
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Hell yes! And Shingen basically sliced him in half during that fight. I can't wait for the blu-ray to come out so I can just watch that fight scene over and over...

I would love to see Wolverine as one of the Avengers on film and get to fight the Hulk, even though I'm pretty much resigned to that not happening. But it would be awesome if it did happen.
Agreed. I just love watching Wolverine trying to reason with Hulk haha Never ends well.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #252
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Agreed. I just love watching Wolverine trying to reason with Hulk haha Never ends well.
I loved the ending of that one episode of Wolverine and the X-Men where Logan punched Banner just so he'd Hulk out and go after Nick Fury.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #253
def28
Side-Kick

At the expense of being punched a mile in the air too hahaha. Good stuff.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #254
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Logan survived nukes and Phoenix.

I don't think a Hulk punch is gonna phase his healing factor.
Lol, the Nagasaki nuke wasn't dropped on his head. The bomb was dropped a good distance away and he survived the burning from the heat flash that followed him down his hole.

And Phoenix's failed attempts to confetti him don't make sense unless we assume Jean was somehow holding Phoenix back enough so that Logan's healing factor could keep him going long enough to get to her.

Why doesn't it make sense without that assumption? Her confetti effect was instant on everything else. Logan requires a little time to heal, even if it's just a few seconds. This is time her effect would not have given him at all. She could have flayed all the flesh from his bones before he could begin to heal, end of story.

But let's go with onscreen examples: One adamantium bullet to his head was enough to knock him out cold. Another few more or less buggered up his memory permanently.

What does a bullet have in common with a Hulk punch? Concussive force, with the Hulks having a lot more than any bullet, no matter what it's made of.

Bottom line, Hulk hits Logan in the head, his brain is jello. He aint getting up from that in a hurry.

And Wolverines cartilage isn't protected. Hulk could rip his head off with ease if he wanted to.

Afaik, beheading is still considered a sufficient means of killing the seemingly almighty Wolverine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Yeah but they wouldn't keep him down. Logan survived a Nuclear Blast. Having Thor roast him or Iron man hit him with his little lasers would simply phase him for a moment then he'd behead Thor and rip through Iron Mans armour before his filtration suit could process his peeing himself.
Thor's lightning could roast all the flesh from his bones if he wanted it to. His hammer as blunt force could do the same damage as a hulk punch. He could also tear off Logan's head with ease. So game over, and he doesn't even have to get close to knock him out, and getting close is the only way Wolverine has any chance with any of these guys.

Iron-Mans lasers could cut off Logan's head without having to get close. Game over again...

Unless it's only Logan that's allowed to cut peoples heads off?

Old 09-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #255
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
At the expense of being punched a mile in the air too hahaha. Good stuff.
Totally worth it.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #256
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Thor's lightning could roast all the flesh from his bones if he wanted it to.
He'd grow it back in moments

Quote:
His hammer as blunt force could do the same damage as a hulk punch.
Which would knock him back, cause him pain and phase him, but wouldn't stop him. (Thors Hammer blow didn't even break Steve Rogers arm when he laid it into his shield.)

Quote:
Iron-Mans lasers could cut off Logan's head without having to get close. Game over again...
Adamantium lasers?

The only thing that can break his bones, including his head to spinal column , is Adamantium.

None of the Avengers powers or weapons can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I loved the ending of that one episode of Wolverine and the X-Men where Logan punched Banner just so he'd Hulk out and go after Nick Fury.
Was also great in Hulk vs Wolverine when he stabbed Banner to unleash the Hulk.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 09-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #257
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
He'd grow it back in moments
Lol, you're not going by that Nitro rubbish are you? ....Even Marvel knew they went too far with that one and have back tracked since. If his flesh is toasted from his bones (like it was in the original DOFP story, btw), he is toast.

Jeez, I really did prefer Logan when he was just a tough hard to kill brawler than this nigh immortal hold his own against anyone nonsense.

Quote:
Which would knock him back, cause him pain and phase him, but wouldn't stop him. (Thors Hammer blow didn't even break Steve Rogers arm when he laid it into his shield.)
Nor would it: Caps shield absorbs concussive force, that's a part of what makes it so special. Logan's head doesn't. A Hulk punch, or Thor's hammer + Logan's head = jello brain.

Quote:

Adamantium lasers?

The only thing that can break his bones, including his head to spinal column , is Adamantium.

None of the Avengers powers or weapons can do that.
Ok....bones, including the vertebrae in our spinal columns, are joined by flexible cartilage, not directly by bone (we'd find movement somewhat difficult otherwise). Since it has to be flexible his cartilage cannot be laced with adamantium as well (and I'm pretty sure it's been stated it is not anyway) so his head can indeed be severed as long as the cut is along the joining cartilage (something Tony's targeting systems could pull off), or something strong enough (like the Hulk, Thor or even Iron-Man) simply pulled his head from his body. The bones wouldn't break, but the joining tissue between the vertebrae would.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #258
Crimz
Side-Kick

I thought it was known that Hulk smashes puny man.

Iron Man, one of the smartest people ok Marvel Earth would be so stupid that he wouldn't keep his distance from a man with metal claws? He just unibeams Logan's face.
Thor God of Asgard would never lose to Wolverine. Ever.

Last edited by Crimz; 09-07-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #259
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

It's the movies, not the comics.

Wolverine biological matter grows back very fast, a nuclear bomb fried it away and it came back fast, Phoenix melted it from his bones and it came back almost instantly.

The whole point of reducing his healing factor in The Wolverine was so that he could die, as it stands he can't.

Thor and Hulk could smash him and smash him and he'd still come back even is he got knocked out he'd wake up and still could fight them.

From what the movies have told us Hulk isn't known to be invincible, neither is Thor. They'll age and die and Wolverine could still visit their graves.

The only way in which movie Wolverine could be killed is nullifying his healing factor and drowning him or burning or bleeding him to death or chopping his head off with an Adamantium weapon (heling factor or not, he won't come back from that).

No Avengers character could do those things. therefore they can't kill him. That's not to say He could kill them, just that they can't kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
Iron Man, one of the smartest people ok Marvel Earth would be so stupid that he wouldn't keep his distance from a man with metal claws? He just unibeams Logan's face.
Unibeams his face off. it grows back.
Iron Man runs out of power, Wolverine skewers him.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 09-07-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #260
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
"In spite of everything you've done for them. Eventually they will hate you."- Green Goblin

See- Donner, Burton, Raimi, Favreau, Nolan and soon-to-be Whedon.
Kids are so spoiled today. Too bad they never lived thru 70's-80's where there wasn't hardly any sci-fi/comicbook movies.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #261
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Soooo... you can blame Simon Kinberg, Zak Penn, and Matthew Vaughn. You can blame Tom Rothman for seemingly wanting Cyclops out of the picture to 1.) make way for a Hugh Jackman / Halle Berry led movie and 2.) accommodate Marsden's conflicting schedule due to Super Man Returns. You can blame Bryan Singer and James Marsden for using Marsden in Superman Returns when X-Men 3 was in pre-production and filming.
For me, the one that I really blame for this whole X3 situation is Bryan Singer. Its one thing to leave the film that you were expected to direct. But to also get an actor that was gonna appear in X-Men 3 is another. I just feel like, if Singer didn't hire James Marsden for Superman Returns, Cyclops would have gotten a bigger role, he wouldn't die so early and X3 would have been less hated by the fans/critics.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #262
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Kids are so spoiled today. Too bad they never lived thru 70's-80's where there wasn't hardly any sci-fi/comicbook movies.
Or as my dad, who grew up in the 1950s/1960s and loved reading comic books, likes to point out...he never thought there would ever be movies like this.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #263
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Yeah, i find it so sad and shameful when people hate on them, especially before they are even made.

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 09-08-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:13 AM   #264
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

I hated how they treated Edward Norton. I thought he was amazing as Hulk. Way better then the guy they used in the Avengers movie and the ending credits scene in Iron Man 3. Ruffalo? Norton is a way better actor. But thats jmo. I know fanboys think Ruffalo is amazing...but I think Norton was better and it wasnt even close.

Still wish we knew the whole story about that. I'm on Norton's side tho.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #265
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I agree with that!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #266
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Bana was my favourite. He had the quiet, reserved, scientist persona down to a T for me.

It's been a while since i've seen Norton, but from what i remember he didn't fit that role for me.

Ruffalo was funny, too funny imo he had a bit of scientist in him.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #267
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
From what the movies have told us Hulk isn't known to be invincible, neither is Thor. They'll age and die and Wolverine could still visit their graves.
I don't know about Hulk, but Thor even in the movies certainly doesn't age in the conventional sense. Dude has legends about him and is worshiped as a god.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #268
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
I don't know about Hulk, but Thor even in the movies certainly doesn't age in the conventional sense. Dude has legends about him and is worshiped as a god.
Movie Thor obviously has a far longer life span than Wolverine: Thor is at least as old as Loki, who is over 1000 years old (Odin swiped Loki as a baby when he beat the Frost Giants back from Earth in the 900's). Odin has aged maybe 2 to 3 decades since that time (going by Hopkins appearance at the start of Thor and when the film hits the present day).

So, movie Asgardians may not be full on immortal (though they did call humans 'mortals') but they do have very long lifespans. Odin himself is likely to be well over 2000 at least.

Movie Wolverine was born in the early 1830's, so he is around 180 years old atm, and would be about 190 for DOFP. This film will show he has aged (we know he will be sporting some grey hair at his temples in the future, presumably 2023), so while much slower than a human, he is still ageing, and certainly is not immortal (even in the comics they have aged future versions of him, from the original DOFP comic to 'Old Man Logan').

The idea of Thor growing old, dying and Logan visiting his grave is rather laughable. Assuming neither got killed, Logan's flesh will age, pass on and join the Choir invisible long before Thor's.

With the Hulk it's not been specified one way or another in the films (TIH or Avengers). In the books though he is just as long lived as Wolverine, as future story's have aged versions of him still around 100's of years from now (ironically most of these stories will have Thor already killed off...).

Old 09-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #269
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
For me, the one that I really blame for this whole X3 situation is Bryan Singer. Its one thing to leave the film that you were expected to direct. But to also get an actor that was gonna appear in X-Men 3 is another. I just feel like, if Singer didn't hire James Marsden for Superman Returns, Cyclops would have gotten a bigger role, he wouldn't die so early and X3 would have been less hated by the fans/critics.
He didn't quit the franchise. He was fired by Rothman for daring to work for two studios. He was planning to do both Superman and X3 one after the other and would have if Fox hadn't gotten greedy and refused to wait a year. They literally rushed out X3 which is why Vaughn quit as it wasn't near to being a finished product. That is why X3 was so crap. Fox and Ratner are the ones to blame. I gladly would have waited till 2007 to get a real sequel and not that imposter of a movie we got.

Cyclops would have had a bigger part and so would Rogue if Fox hadn't rushed production so the schedule clashed for the actors. Rothman was a vindictive and greedy man.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #270
Angamb
Banned User

I blame Singer for signing James too.

Its fine that he wanted to direct Superman, but he knew James's Cyclops was pivotal to Phoenix saga, so he should have respected that not signing him, so James would have been 100% free for X-Men.

And lets not forget that he wanted Shawn for Jimmy Olsen too.... so it was all a bit suspicious. Maybe Singer tried his best to stop Fox rushing the movie, so maybe they would have waited for him as a final smart decision. But sadly it didnt work for Singer.

Im not sure if his decision was intentional, but Singer should have considered the consequences seriously. Wanting it or not, Singer had some fault in Cyclops role in X3 too.

Last edited by Angamb; 09-08-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #271
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

They had no intention of doing the Phoenix saga unless Singer pushed for it. Rothman didn't want Cyclops be pivotal so it's irrelevant that James was on Superman as well. Rothman wasn't doing the Phoenix saga after Singer left and he never liked Cyclops. It was only under Singer he would have ever have gotten the bigger role in X3.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #272
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
He didn't quit the franchise. He was fired by Rothman for daring to work for two studios. He was planning to do both Superman and X3 one after the other and would have if Fox hadn't gotten greedy and refused to wait a year. They literally rushed out X3 which is why Vaughn quit as it wasn't near to being a finished product. That is why X3 was so crap. Fox and Ratner are the ones to blame. I gladly would have waited till 2007 to get a real sequel and not that imposter of a movie we got.

Cyclops would have had a bigger part and so would Rogue if Fox hadn't rushed production so the schedule clashed for the actors. Rothman was a vindictive and greedy man.
However, if Superman Returns had relaunched the franchise the way that Warner Bros hoped, they would have quickly signed Singer for a Superman sequel and he would never have returned to Fox to do his X3.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #273
Angamb
Banned User

yes if Fox would have signed him in 2005 to shot it in 2006, since their contract would be the first.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #274
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Did Singer swipe Marsden or did he give him another job after he was written to be killed off early on?

Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #275
Angamb
Banned User

Writers decided to kill him off because of Superman.

So if Singer wouldnt have signed him, James would have been present during the whole movie, and even in the final battle.

Of course he wouldnt be the lead actor, but he would have had a pivotal role and more scenes, thats for sure.

Closed Thread