Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #301
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
So glad Rothman is gone. Now we're getting Sentinels and time travel
I'd hate to think what we would have gotten for a sequel with him still in charge.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #302
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Fox could have signed Singer and Marsden. They chose not to and infact basically fired Singer and vindictively killed off Cyclops. They could and should have waited a year. Their greed and arrogance cost them a decent movie and us as well.

They should have signed Singer and he would of had to come back and do X3. Rothman is the one who has most of the blame.
eh.... it really didn't cost them "us" to be fair.. X3 still made quite alot of money, and we all still went to see it anyway.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #303
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
eh.... it really didn't cost them "us" to be fair.. X3 still made quite alot of money, and we all still went to see it anyway.
It did cost them in terms of critical acclaim. They lost face over X3 and we got a inferior movie.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #304
Angamb
Banned User

they lost money too, since it could have done much more if the movie were really memorable.

I only watched it once, for example, and went alone to the theatre. If the movie would have been awesome, I would have gone a second time, and with some of my family I guess. And that same case would have happen with many more people.

And another consequence was the loose of faith by the fanbase and general movie lovers, as next movies boxoffice speak.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #305
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fox could have signed Singer and Marsden. They chose not to and infact basically fired Singer and vindictively killed off Cyclops. They could and should have waited a year. Their greed and arrogance cost them a decent movie and us as well.

They should have signed Singer and he would of had to come back and do X3. Rothman is the one who has most of the blame.
Exactly they were jerking Singer around and he moved on then they vindictively rushed production of X3 to spite him. Rothman blows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 09-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #306
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
they lost money too, since it could have done much more if the movie were really memorable.

I only watched it once, for example, and went alone to the theatre. If the movie would have been awesome, I would have gone a second time, and with some of my family I guess. And that same case would have happen with many more people.

And another consequence was the loose of faith by the fanbase and general movie lovers, as next movies boxoffice speak.
Well said.

*I will forgive the writers of Man of Steel, if Superman is the Enlightened Sun God he is supposed to be, in Superman vs. Batman. Quite simply, Superman does not kill. The writers of MOS failed to grasp this, to this film's detriment.
Favorite CBMs: 1) X2 2) The Avengers 3) CA:TWS 4) Watchmen 5) Batman: MOTP 6) The Dark Knight Rises 7) Thor: TDW 8) TASM 9) IM3 10) S/B: Apocalypse
Old 09-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #307
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Bana was my favourite. He had the quiet, reserved, scientist persona down to a T for me.

It's been a while since i've seen Norton, but from what i remember he didn't fit that role for me.

Ruffalo was funny, too funny imo he had a bit of scientist in him.

I liked Bana. Not as much as Norton.

I agree with you on Ruffalo. They made him too humorous. I don't remember Hulk supposed to be funny. haha.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #308
Snikt
Side-Kick

I liked Norton and Ruffalo equally...But if Norton was playing Banner in Avengers, he would've been played in roughly the same manner as Ruffalo.

Because at that point in his life (Avengers) Banner had accepted what he was and instead of sobbing and searching for a cure (TIH), he was focused on helping people and trying to make the best of his situation.

There would've been subtle differences I'm sure, but the characterization would've been about the same. Marvel was done with the moody depressed Banner. He's done trying to cure himself. Now he wants to help wherever he can.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #309
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Maybe coz I haven't seen The Avengers in a while, but how was Ruffalo's Banner too humurous?

Old 09-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #310
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Maybe coz I haven't seen The Avengers in a while, but how was Ruffalo's Banner too humurous?
I wouldn't call him humorous...but it's definitely a more light-hearted Banner than what we're used to.

He was a little funny because he seemed very nervous throughout the movie...being surrounded by all of SHIELD's soldiers

Old 09-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #311
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, I saw it yesterday. and even if Mark is good, I remembered Norton while watching it.

And now I remember the animated movie, where Banner was sooo frustrated, depressed and all of that that makes Bruce an interesting and complex character, and Avengers totally lacked all that stuff.

I would have preffered a Bruce closer to that than the team movie version.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #312
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I didn't like Banner at all In The avengers.Yeah I liked Edward Norton better since I have
maintained the Incredible Hulk Is my favorate MS solo film.But,banner had way too much control In The Avengers.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #313
JP
Flame On

As he should.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #314
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
As he should.
This.

I prefer a Banner who has SOME control over it.

Yeah, he should still be able to lose control and not be able to stop it, but that doesn't mean he can't have the ability to Hulk out on his own.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #315
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Ruffalo is the new Bixby and therefore my favorite Hulk by a million miles. It's the one thing I liked in TA.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #316
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
It did cost them in terms of critical acclaim. They lost face over X3 and we got a inferior movie.
For you, maybe.

For some of us, we got a great movie. One that is among our favorite X-Men films to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

And on the flip side, you have people like me who saw it 7 times in theatres, 5 times opening weekend alone, and took many different people to see it many different times.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #317
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
This.

I prefer a Banner who has SOME control over it.

Yeah, he should still be able to lose control and not be able to stop it, but that doesn't mean he can't have the ability to Hulk out on his own.
Pretty much. A whole section of the film is dedicated to Banner losing control as The Hulk. Can't keep playing that card over in the same hour, or have no growth with Banner controlling it. Alot of the fun is watching the Hulk work with the Team during the end. One of the biggest applauses moments in that film is the" I'm always angry" scene. Right at that punch the audience is there with the film, and Hulk 100% more then they ever had been. One of the most epic moments I've seen in a theatre.

Last edited by def28; 09-09-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #318
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Cyclops wasn't determined to be killed off until Marsden was gone. There was a quote from Kinberg I believe it was saying something like (paraphrasing) "We've found this amazing way to deal with his limited availability".
I don't really want to continue with the whole debate, but I do want to point out that this is not fact. There are also many quotes saying that the decision to remove Cyclops was made before Marsden signed on to SR. I'm just saying that to this day we still don't know completely what happened behind closed doors.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #319
narrows101
Side-Kick

During press for "Prisoners", Hugh talks a bit about this movie. And damn, he lifts 460 pounds!

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/vid...edium=referral

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 09-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #320
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
For you, maybe.

For some of us, we got a great movie. One that is among our favorite X-Men films to date.
That's not the general consensus. Even a lot of the people involved in making it consider it inferior. That's just a fact. You being a personal fan doesn't change that it didn't go down well critically. It is still very criticized.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #321
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Ruffalo is the new Bixby and therefore my favorite Hulk by a million miles.
Definately co-signing this one.

Another interesting prospect is that had Bixby still been alive when they filmed the Avengers, you can bet your bottom dollar that he would have cameod as the janitor rather than Harry Dean Stanton [IMO].

That would have been awesome. Bixby was the man.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #322
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Bixby is one of my favorite superhero portrayals. You need to not want Bruce to hulk-out when watching a Hulk movie, imo. You need to see Hulk as a terrible thing to happen, and only Bixby and Ruffalo conveyed that to me.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #323
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Jackman on DOFP

Quote:
"I know, having sat at Comic-Con on that panel with that extraordinary cast, I keep saying it's like two movies in one, but with the size of it it's really three in one. It really is going to blow people away because of the story. Bryan Singer, I think, is going to become the first director to make increasingly better movies in a franchise, I'm not sure if there's anyone else that's done it."

Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #324
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Nolan is the first (at least with regards to comic book movies).

Old 09-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #325
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Nolan is the first (at least with regards to comic book movies).
Well what Hugh Jackman Is saying Is just as X2 was better than X-Men DOFP
will be better than X2.

Nolan made better than Batman Begins with the Dark Knight but few would call
the dark Knight rises better than the dark Knight.

Closed Thread