Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #351
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I think there is only 2 timelines in this film, basically jackman said its like 3 storys because of how big the story is
I think (this is based on the itchy feeling I got in my buttocks) the majority of the movie is happening in two timelines, with maybe 15-20% at the "middle timeline". This way, we'd both be right and life would be beautiful.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #352
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If Ben Kingsly would have been the real Manadarin that would have been
acceptable.As far as I am concerned that's not Iron Man 3 only sin.

The Wolverine has been only film this year I haven't had issues with.I have
had problems with Star Trek Into Darkness and Man of steel just like I did
Iron Man 3.

You know full well If Fox ever pulled what marvel did with Iron Man 3 people wouldn't let them and me hear the end of it.Disney/MS are treated as crapping gold.
After the Ultron and Mandarin debacle, nope not anymore. Fanboys went apes@*t and are still upset. They will never let it go. Funny enough these "so-called" Mandarin fans only started to appear when the movie was released.

*NOTE: Disney only distributes and helps finance the Marvel movies, they're a parent company but they don't have any imput whatsoever in what MS does. MS is its own studio. Just wanted to clear that out.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #353
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Disney is quicker to type than Marvel Studios though

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #354
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Disney is quicker to type than Marvel Studios though
Good one :')

Old 09-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #355
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
After the Ultron and Mandarin debacle, nope not anymore. Fanboys went apes@*t and are still upset. They will never let it go. Funny enough these "so-called" Mandarin fans only started to appear when the movie was released.

*NOTE: Disney only distributes and helps finance the Marvel movies, they're a parent company but they don't have any imput whatsoever in what MS does. MS is its own studio. Just wanted to clear that out.
Disney owns Marvel now.Iknow some want to pretend disney has nothing to do with marvel but distributing.Disney Is probally why Joss Whedon Is doing sequel to avengers and why Robert Downey JR Is doing sequel to avengers.Kevin Feige has history of being cheap.Mickey Rouke almost turned down Iron Man 2 due to poor offer,and almost lost Samuel L jackson due to low offer.He likes having directors he can control.Feige's negative attacks on Edward Norton made me dislike him.Plus Norton looked like more a class act.

Lauren Shueller donnor has never launched into personal attacks on people who have worked on X-Men films.Noone at sony attacked Sam Rami or any of the team behind Spider-man 3.

ABC won't keep Agents of Shield on just because marvel wants It on.If It can't get the numbers of Once Upon a Time It will join other Joss Whedon
TV shows.

When the day comes when Feige has a disappointment,and yes It will happen
eventully,his job will come In jeapody.

Disney owns Lucasfilm now if episode 7 does less than 300 Million domesticly
Kathleen Kennedy's job could be In jeapody despite being George Lucas' handpicked sucessor for lucasfilm

There are still plenty of people who bash anything Fox does with X-Men.Let's not even discuss the FF.People who want Fox to just turn them over to Disney/MS and think then films would be gold.I am sure they say same with
Spider-man.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #356
def28
Side-Kick

What are you new to the internet? People bash everything. Doesn't matter who makes it. Fox is playing make up with fans and doing a damn good job at it. It's gonna take time to wash away the Fox years from 04-09. After FC and TW they are on their way, cause alot of people love the hell out of those. Hardcore fans are not gonna give them an immediate pass after the **** they said and did to AVP, Elektra, X-Men and F4. That's not how it works. Your hatred to Marvel Studios and extreme loyalty to X-Men blinds you from seeing the positives and negatives on both sides. Fox is looking better and better to people right now, but theres always gonna be haters. On both sides.

Last edited by def28; 09-09-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #357
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Agreed ^^

So much insecurity

Old 09-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #358
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
The twist worked because it fit within the context and turntable of the film. The Mandarin worked on multiple levels without kicking you in the head with ideas. Simulataniously skewering the post-Nolan audience expectations of "realistic" villains, commenting on the idea of corporate and media created boogeyman in the real world while working as a dark mirror of Stark was clever.

It explored a lot of very complex themes without ever resorting to the type of blatant exposition that beat viewers about the head and shoulders with the writers' intent. At its heart, it was a very well-crafted character piece and a deft dissection of our current media-driven culture disguised in a superhero movie

But fans don't care, all they wanted was a Fu Manchu stereotype villain with Alien/Magic rings in a reality based IM film.
Reading this made me think of X-Men Origins Wolverine. Not that they're similiar but how they handled certain characters, in the opposite of what fans wanted to see.

In that movie, Wade Wilson becoming Weapon XI made sense in the context of the movie. He was selected because Stryker found him the most annoying and of the lot he was "the best soldier" in Strykers words, so he could shut him up and use him as a controlled soldier.

Just as Trevor made sense in the plot of the movie, Weapon XI did too.

The backlash is because of the missed potential of the what could've beens and disrespecting the characters rich histories by turning them into something not even resembling them

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 09-09-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #359
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Disney owns Marvel now.Iknow some want to pretend disney has nothing to do with marvel but distributing.Disney Is probally why Joss Whedon Is doing sequel to avengers and why Robert Downey JR Is doing sequel to avengers.Kevin Feige has history of being cheap.Mickey Rouke almost turned down Iron Man 2 due to poor offer,and almost lost Samuel L jackson due to low offer.He likes having directors he can control.Feige's negative attacks on Edward Norton made me dislike him.Plus Norton looked like more a class act.
Yep RDJ getting 50 mil off The Avengers is being cheap alright...

Quote:
Noone at sony attacked Sam Rami or any of the team behind Spider-man 3.
Really?? Who forced Sam Raimi to put Venom in Spider Man 3?? oh wait.....

Quote:
ABC won't keep Agents of Shield on just because marvel wants It on.If It can't get the numbers of Once Upon a Time It will join other Joss Whedon
TV shows.
We will see...

Quote:
When the day comes when Feige has a disappointment,and yes It will happen eventully,his job will come In jeapody.
Yep, when that day comes, I'll buy you a drink :')

Quote:
Disney owns Lucasfilm now if episode 7 does less than 300 Million domesticly Kathleen Kennedy's job could be In jeapody despite being George Lucas' handpicked sucessor for lucasfilm
You seem to underestimate Disney dude. Never under-estimate the mouse.

Quote:
There are still plenty of people who bash anything Fox does with X-Men.Let's not even discuss the FF.People who want Fox to just turn them over to Disney/MS and think then films would be gold.I am sure they say same with Spider-man.
Yeah because the FF movies were masterpieces right?

Most people hate on Fox with good reasons.

Last edited by TeeKay; 09-09-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #360
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I'm looking forward to FF. i like them okay, don't love them or anything and don't need them amongst other characters to enjoy them, be it X-Men or Avengers.

I have reservations, but with FC and TW being top knotch i have faith they're in good hands.

The original Fantastic Four movies are like the Avengers imo. They had colourful costumes & lots of comedy. Perhaps they just came out at the wrong time. I dunno, haven't seem them in a long time. I recall people not liking them because they seemed goofy and too comic booky

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 09-09-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #361
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #362
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm looking forward to FF. i like them okay, don't love them or anything and don't need them amongst other characters to enjoy them, be it X-Men or Avengers.

I have reservations, but with FC and TW being top knotch i have faith they're in good hands.

The original Fantastic Four movies are like the Avengers imo. They had colourful costumes & lots of comedy. Perhaps they just came out at the wrong time. I dunno, haven't seem them in a long time. I recall people not liking them because they seemed goofy and too comic booky
The script in the FF movies is definitely weaker than TA was.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #363
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

FF is the worst piece of unholy excrement I've seen of all superhero movies. Dialogue is horrible. Every actor sucks, even the ones who usually don't. It's made for very, very young people who don't want to see a coherent movie, just some adequate effects and forced, bad humor. There was no ambition at all. It was treated like the bowl of feces it turned out to be. All of this poorly writted turdfest is directed by the one who shall not be named again, ever, especially after Die Hard 5. Prime example of how not to make these movies. (edit. in my rage I remembered Moore directed FF. Anyway, Tim Story is just as useless)

Avengers on the other hand is better in every possible aspect. You could argue that there are similarities at the core construct, and there probably are, but I can watch that many times even with all of its shortcomings. It is made with ambition and tries to respect not only the characters, but the universe around it and also the viewers.

I have no studio affiliation. If I like a movie, I like it.
(Disney has become a monstrosity though. Gone are the days of innocent, pure and meaningful cartoons. Now it's poor sequels, mind-numbing shows that seem to make every other teenage actress a mess and of course they have to be the daddy company for Marvel, too. hngh. Rant over. As I said, I really liked the Avengers even with all its faults)

Last edited by Tehmeh; 09-09-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #364
def28
Side-Kick

Story, Doom, Galactus and dialogue were a mess. Lot of bad decisions. I thought Johnny Storm, Thing and Surfer were well portrayed for what its worth.

That part where Johnny has the Thing toy cracks me up for some reason haha. Otherwise, love me some Kerry Washington and Alba. Thats pretty much all the film offers to me. I kinda consider it decent as dumb fun, but even then it kinda disappoints. Really not a good movie or comparable to Avengers quality wise in any way.

Last edited by def28; 09-09-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #365
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Story, Doom, Galactus and dialogue were a mess. Lot of bad decisions. I thought Johnny Storm, Thing and Surfer were well portrayed for what its worth.
I thought Johnny was horrible. That was the reason I thought CA and Avengers would suck, because it made me hate Evans. Not attacking you at all, we all like different stuff, but I'll tell you the scene that made me facepalm and almost punch myself to death.

Johnny was skiing with babes. Some generic MTV rock is playing. He turns into a fireball and melts the snow. A babe comes peeking at the hole. "Wanna come here?" - "ihihihihih"
Rage. RAAAAAAGE. sasdfffffffffffffsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Old 09-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #366
def28
Side-Kick

I really liked Evans as Johnny Storm tbh. He did what he could with the script. Casting was good with him imo. Audience always reacted well to him form what I saw.

Last edited by def28; 09-09-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #367
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

He was abit too cocky for my taste. But his chemistry and relationship with Ben was excellent

Old 09-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #368
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I really liked Evans as Johnny Storm tbh. He did what he could with the script. Casting was good with him imo. Audience always reacted well to him form what I saw.
I sometimes associate horrible script and handling of a character to the actor. I'm a little dick like that sometimes.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #369
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
My bad, forgot about that too.

Eh nope. Fans are still upset and arguing about the treatment of the Mandarin.

I suggest you head over to CBM.com or IM3 forums. By the time you get out of there, you'll feel like you've been in a war. Go on, I dare ya

Yes you're absolutely correct.
The twist worked because it fit within the context and turntable of the film. The Mandarin worked on multiple levels without kicking you in the head with ideas. Simulataniously skewering the post-Nolan audience expectations of "realistic" villains, commenting on the idea of corporate and media created boogeyman in the real world while working as a dark mirror of Stark was clever.

It explored a lot of very complex themes without ever resorting to the type of blatant exposition that beat viewers about the head and shoulders with the writers' intent. At its heart, it was a very well-crafted character piece and a deft dissection of our current media-driven culture disguised in a superhero movie

But fans don't care, all they wanted was a Fu Manchu stereotype villain with Alien/Magic rings in a reality based IM film.
Cbm is the smelly armpit of the internet... And full of nothing but b-ing & moaning.... Its a horrible place to view any form of rationality or any real version of opinions.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #370
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
I sometimes associate horrible script and handling of a character to the actor.
They could have made some better choices with the character for sure. I just thought it was good casting.

The other thing I liked alot about that franchise was the teaser for ROTSS. Didn't like the first film but showing that chase scene for a teaser got me back to the theatre. Was really stoked to see SS on the screen for the first time. Had so much potential.

Quote:
But his chemistry and relationship with Ben was excellent
Agreed.

Last edited by def28; 09-09-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #371
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
FF is the worst piece of unholy excrement I've seen of all superhero movies. Dialogue is horrible. Every actor sucks, even the ones who usually don't. It's made for very, very young people who don't want to see a coherent movie, just some adequate effects and forced, bad humor. There was no ambition at all. It was treated like the bowl of feces it turned out to be. All of this poorly writted turdfest is directed by the one who shall not be named again, ever, especially after Die Hard 5. Prime example of how not to make these movies. (edit. in my rage I remembered Moore directed FF. Anyway, Tim Story is just as useless)

Avengers on the other hand is better in every possible aspect. You could argue that there are similarities at the core construct, and there probably are, but I can watch that many times even with all of its shortcomings. It is made with ambition and tries to respect not only the characters, but the universe around it and also the viewers.

I have no studio affiliation. If I like a movie, I like it.
(Disney has become a monstrosity though. Gone are the days of innocent, pure and meaningful cartoons. Now it's poor sequels, mind-numbing shows that seem to make every other teenage actress a mess and of course they have to be the daddy company for Marvel, too. hngh. Rant over. As I said, I really liked the Avengers even with all its faults)

Old 09-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #372
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:

Old 09-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #373
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Cbm is the smelly armpit of the internet... And full of nothing but b-ing & moaning.... Its a horrible place to view any form of rationality or any real version of opinions.
I've noticed that. I've seen them calling movies **** before they're even made

Old 09-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #374
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

I'd like to add that while I loathed FF to the point I almost urinated myself in half, I'm somewhat looking forward to the reboot. I still remember liking the comics as a kid. There's plenty of potential in that franchise. If the potential is met, or even close, I'll be happy to watch it.

Also, if there's ever a MS/Fox collaboration, there's one thing I'd like to see. Hulk vs. Thing. GIVE ME HULK VS. THING. BETTER YET, GIVE ME HULK VS. THING VS. COLOSSUS. WAIT, ADD JUGGERNAUT IN THERE TOO. GIVE ME EVERYTHING.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #375
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've noticed that. I've seen them calling movies **** before they're even made
They proclaimed that MOS was going to be the greatest CBM of all time along with TDK and even gross a billion at the Box office beating out IM3. And they said this judging by the trailers and before the movie came out lol xD Of course we all know how that turned out :')

Closed Thread