Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #376
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Oh Oprah you say one thousand words with your eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #377
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
What are you new to the internet? People bash everything. Doesn't matter who makes it. Fox is playing make up with fans and doing a damn good job at it. It's gonna take time to wash away the Fox years from 04-09. After FC and TW they are on their way, cause alot of people love the hell out of those. Hardcore fans are not gonna give them an immediate pass after the **** they said and did to AVP, Elektra, X-Men and F4. That's not how it works. Your hatred to Marvel Studios and extreme loyalty to X-Men blinds you from seeing the positives and negatives on both sides. Fox is looking better and better to people right now, but theres always gonna be haters. On both sides.
Dammit, stop posting things that make sense.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #378
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
Jackman better stop making me more excited about DoFP. Easily my most anticipated movie of 2014. I don't remember when I was this excited about a movie coming out. Perhaps with Prometheus I was, I remember watching the trailer a thousand times. Oh yeah, and I was really hyped up for Alien 3 at the time it was promoted. (edit: of course The Wolverine too)

And I like what he said about Singer. I don't remember having seen a trilogy which starts well and ends with the best movie of them all (although trilogy isn't the correct word here but you get what I mean). For me, TDKR is the weakest of all Nolan Batmans and makes me a frustrated little b**ch. Return of the Jedi is the weakest of Star Wars films (with different directors for every movie, I know, but I don't want to acknowledge the existence of the new ones), Return of the King was also the weakest of LOTR trilogy for me, SM3 was a mess... Perhaps if Del Toro did Hellboy 3, I'd get a good example. I loved those two Hellboy movies with unexpected gentle rage.

I really liked X1, but X2 was almost perfect. For me it's the best superhero movie ever made. If DoFP comes even close to that, I'll be one happy bastard. I fully trust mr.Singer with X-men. He'd always be my first choice for this particular job. I liked First Class and The Wolverine, but I wouldn't want any other director for this one.
As much as I love it, and it might be my -favorite- of the main trilogy, I can understand why people think X-Men: The Last Stand is the weak link.

I suppose I can see how people think Return Of The Jedi is the weakest... idk... I think it's really good.

But Return Of The King?

That's just pure craziness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
So is there three eras in this movie?

I thought it'd be the X-Men vs the Sentinls era and the 1973 ear.
Quote:
1) 70's
2) "not too distant future" (pretty much the same time as the end of Wolverine movie)
3) "Sentinels eating mutant babies" - future

I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but be gentle.
Quote:
I think (this is based on the itchy feeling I got in my buttocks) the majority of the movie is happening in two timelines, with maybe 15-20% at the "middle timeline". This way, we'd both be right and life would be beautiful.
There is no 3rd time period.

Only the 1973 past, and the 2023 future. Nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Really?? Who forced Sam Raimi to put Venom in Spider Man 3?? oh wait.....
That's not "attacking"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Most people hate on Fox with good reasons.
Let's be honest - internet fanboys blow things severely out of proportion.

If a film so much as merely doesn't live up to the hype, it's made out to be the worst thing that's ever happened to comic book cinema. Or when a movie is any semblance of good, it's the best thing to ever happen to cinema.

I'm sorry, but The Dark Knight is not the greatest movie ever made, and X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are not the 2 worst movies ever made.

But for the vast majority of the time - I'm talking like 98% - fanboys don't deal in rational sensibilities, only in extremes.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #379
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post

Old 09-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #380
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
As much as I love it, and it might be my -favorite- of the main trilogy, I can understand why people think X-Men: The Last Stand is the weak link.

I suppose I can see how people think Return Of The Jedi is the weakest... idk... I think it's really good.

But Return Of The King?

That's just pure craziness.
Hey, we like what we like for whatever reasons. I can understand people liking X3 even if I can't really get over it. myself, I'm guilty of liking Constantine, Prometheus and Oblivion a lot. For many people that is an inexcusable sin.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate ROTJ. I don't even mind the Space Mogwais THAT much, but it's certainly my least favorite of the three.

Same with ROTK. I like it. I can't love it. There are many annoying things I don't want to list here, and the huge battles are very disappointing to me. In Two Towers I really liked the battle of Helm's Deep. In many ways I find the third film to be...I don't know if "lazy" is a good word. I liked the first two more.

Quote:

Only the 1973 past, and the 2023 future. Nothing else.
So there isn't going to be a middle time period, where Charles explains how he got back and when the threat of Sentinels are realized? It just jumps straight into Sentinels eating mutant babies in the more distant future? Has Singer verified this? I'd be fine if 90% of the movie was about those two timelines, but there's got to be even a little exposition and build-up in the near present. At least I hope.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #381
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I'm pretty sure Singer has verified it.

The most I can see happening is some sort of exposition flashback. I would be in favor of a flashback sequence showing the Sentinels takeover and rounding up mutants in the camps.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #382
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I really liked Evans as Johnny Storm tbh. He did what he could with the script. Casting was good with him imo. Audience always reacted well to him form what I saw.
I actually prefer him as Human Torch than the bland Captain America.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #383
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Singer has verified it.

The most I can see happening is some sort of exposition flashback. I would be in favor of a flashback sequence showing the Sentinels takeover and rounding up mutants in the camps.
Exactly. Even if they explained some things with just flashbacks, I'd be allright with it. If I was making the movie, I'd probably give a few minutes to Xavier's comeback, then probably a montage with narration over it setting up the future.

No matter, whatever path they've chosen, I'm curious to see it.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #384
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I don't really consider that a 3rd time period tho. Just a visual exposition.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #385
Theweepeople
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
That's not the general consensus. Even a lot of the people involved in making it consider it inferior. That's just a fact. You being a personal fan doesn't change that it didn't go down well critically. It is still very criticized.
I agree with this statement. Tom Rothman made suggestive statements about the previous films lacking a certain level of quality. Hugh Jackman also had some interesting commentary on the way Wolverine had been portrayed before "The Wolverine" was released.

Here is an article on Rothman.

http://collider.com/x-men-sequel-dar...c-four-reboot/

The last quoted paragraph in the article amazed me. I never thought Rothman would ever admit that Fox's comic book movies needed to get better. The praise he gives to the Marvel Studios films proves he was humbled by the underachieving performance of several Fox comic book flicks.

Here is an article on Hugh Jackman.

http://screenrant.com/wolverine-2-hu...trailer-debut/

Jackman's comments are less critical towards the films in general and more specifically directed at his role of playing Wolverine. Hugh's statements about "the definitive wolverine" and "the desire to get him right" suggests he recognized there was significant and legitimate fan backlash against his portrayal of Wolverine in some of the more recent films.

CBM hack list:

Mark Steven Johnson, Paul WS Anderson, Brett Ratner, Joel Schumacher, Kenneth Johnson, Rob Bowman, Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg, Avi Arad, Pitoff, John Rogers, and Tim Story.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #386
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I just hope the film won't feel like three movies all wrapped up in 1 movie.

And I'm really curious to see if DOFP will top X2!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-10-2013, 02:11 AM   #387
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I didn't see anything in those articles that would suggest people involved considering those films inferior.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #388
def28
Side-Kick

Havn't really heard people talk down on the OT but I think it's pretty well known alot of the cast and crew were not happy with Origins. Including Jackman. He said flat out they didn't deliver on the character, even though they put hard work into it.

Last edited by def28; 09-10-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #389
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
I didn't see anything in those articles that would suggest people involved considering those films inferior.
Plenty said by the cast over the years have suggested it or said it. Even Singer and Donner have done the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I just hope the film won't feel like three movies all wrapped up in 1 movie.

And I'm really curious to see if DOFP will top X2!
Not enough of the OT characters in DOFP for it to ever top X2 for me. I can already sense that will be the case. But it hopefully is very close. I'd like to see the OT characters done justice to after they were mistreated in X3. Even with less screen time I have faith Singer will make them something we have a lot less complaints about. And it's time to let some of them really shine. They've earned the opportunity. The former teens especially.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #390
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

Only the 1973 past, and the 2023 future. Nothing else..
When Jackman says it's three films in one, I think the third aspect must be the altered timeline that is shown at the end, the set-up for the next movie (McXavier recruits first X-Men of Jean, Scott, Storm, etc, or a new future where older Jean and Scott are still alive).

Quote:
Let's be honest - internet fanboys blow things severely out of proportion.

If a film so much as merely doesn't live up to the hype, it's made out to be the worst thing that's ever happened to comic book cinema. Or when a movie is any semblance of good, it's the best thing to ever happen to cinema.

I'm sorry, but The Dark Knight is not the greatest movie ever made, and X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are not the 2 worst movies ever made.

But for the vast majority of the time - I'm talking like 98% - fanboys don't deal in rational sensibilities, only in extremes.
Yes, absolutely. The internet blows everything out of proportion. A good 'digital detox' (coming offline for a few days, like when you are on vacation or visiting the folks, does wonders for mental clarity).

Old 09-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #391
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I recall seeing/reading interviews where some people involved have said those films were weak. I remember Lauren Shuler Donner said she was not entirely happy with how X3 turned out and neither was Famke Janssen. Actors are contracted to promote a movie so they can't speak out negatively for a long period of time.

I am not one of the seething, unforgiving haters of X3 or Origins, but it's plainly obvious that they represent a dip in quality.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #392
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah cause the right answer is clearly Back To The Future and Raiders

Edit: Dark Knight is damn good too and that's all I will say on that flick.

Last edited by def28; 09-10-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #393
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
I like your style.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #394
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Hell yes.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #395
def28
Side-Kick

Still amazed by how well those two hold up.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #396
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
When Jackman says it's three films in one, I think the third aspect must be the altered timeline that is shown at the end, the set-up for the next movie (McXavier recruits first X-Men of Jean, Scott, Storm, etc, or a new future where older Jean and Scott are still alive).
Cyclops and Storm are too young to be recruited in the past timeline. They'd have to age the past characters even more for about another 10 years to do a scene like that. I can't see that happening.

I can see us being shown an altered OT present. Infact it necessary for us to see it to know the plan worked otherwise the whole movie would feel redundant.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #397
xrs13
Cold as ice

I've just read the comics again and only just realised there really isn't an overall outcome :S unless I am missing something haha

Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #398
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I've just read the comics again and only just realised there really isn't an overall outcome :S unless I am missing something haha
You're not missing anything. The outcome in the original storyline is ambiguous. I don't think the film adaptation will be able to get away with that, though.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #399
xrs13
Cold as ice

Yeah I think the film needs to have an outcome to the story, whether its in a mid/post credits scene or just in the film at the end is another thing.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #400
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

its a very strange time travel story that Singer is doing, i mean wolverine goes back to the past to change things and somehow events in the future are still taking place, i mean i'm not sure how thats gonna work, maybe its something to do with the temple but whether that means things will only change once logan returns to the future otherwise... very weird

but i think it would be a paradox or something if logan gets stuck in the past self body