Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #401
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I think there is only 2 timelines only in this film, basically jackman said its like 3 storys because of how big the story is
That makes no sense whatsoever. Repeat what you just said and explain how that works...

My guess is that the 2023 scenes are going to be more than a 2 minute prologue.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #402
Angamb
Banned User

I thought about that too.

Maybe Omar and Fan will appear more than some of us think. I wouldnt be mad at that, honestly. Both are great characters with such a big potential, so Id like to see them a few times in the movie.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #403
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Maybe there IS a third timeline toward the end? Or maybe there's a whole different type of time traveler besides Wolverine?

Old 09-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #404
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
That makes no sense whatsoever. Repeat what you just said and explain how that works...

i'm only saying what jackman said, he said its like 2 movies but almost like 3 because of how big the story is

we know that its set 10 years after the last stand which could equal out to be 2020 for all we know because the OT timeframe ain't really adding up very well, but we are getting the idea that bishop and Co will interact with the OT, i mean yeah we don't know for sure but its looking that way

i don't think a 2 min prologue will be a 3rd story, he could mean OT story, FC story and the combined story

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 09-10-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #405
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Yeah the FC story could be playing out but there really isn't much there that we can't already infer. It only gets interesting when Wolverine shows up. Sure they have to update the FC characters since we have no idea what has transpired in those eleven years. Then the movie changes direction when Logan finds them.

The future, and then an alternate future... is just soooooo convoluted when we see this things happening tangentially, but it's plausible. But why are people dismissing an ambiguous ending? Time travel films always lend itself to outcomes open to interpretation. Do fanboys need closure for a franchise that may not feature these characters for some time? I personally have no problems with something ambiguous. Of course not everything will be resolved, but other directors and stories could come in down the road and interject. I don't think Singer is the type of guy that wants to stampede his and only his vision down our throats.

Last edited by Mr.M; 09-10-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #406
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

think alot of people are reading to much into jackmans its like 3 movies quote

Quote:
it's like two movies in one, but with the size of it it's really three in one
i really think he just means OT story, FC story and the combined story linking them, i don't think he means another timeline

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 09-10-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #407
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Or maybe there's a whole different type of time traveler besides Wolverine?
You mean a cameo appearance from this guy?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #408
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

To be honest I don't think quality wise any third entery is good

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #409
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i really don't think there will be a 3rd timeline story

Old 09-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #410
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Isn't it pretty much known that the will be 3 time periods in this film? 1973, 2013, 2023?

Old 09-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #411
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Plenty said by the cast over the years have suggested it or said it. Even Singer and Donner have done the same.
We've been through this song and dance already - although it may not have been you I did it with.

I've found plenty of links with people saying positive things about those films after the fact, very little with people saying negative things about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
When Jackman says it's three films in one, I think the third aspect must be the altered timeline that is shown at the end, the set-up for the next movie (McXavier recruits first X-Men of Jean, Scott, Storm, etc, or a new future where older Jean and Scott are still alive).
Why are people looking so deeply into this? He just means "3 movies in one" as a sense of hype, because of how big the movie is. There isn't some 3rd cast, plot line, or time period that he's talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah cause the right answer is clearly Back To The Future and Raiders

Edit: Dark Knight is damn good too and that's all I will say on that flick.
I would disagree that those movies are the best of all time... but those are far more acceptable answers than The Dark Knight

And yes, The Dark Knight is a good movie - I just feel like it is the single most overrated movie of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I've just read the comics again and only just realised there really isn't an overall outcome :S unless I am missing something haha
Welcome to the world of comics lol

Quote:
its a very strange time travel story that Singer is doing, i mean wolverine goes back to the past to change things and somehow events in the future are still taking place, i mean i'm not sure how thats gonna work, maybe its something to do with the temple but whether that means things will only change once logan returns to the future otherwise... very weird

but i think it would be a paradox or something if logan gets stuck in the past self body
I agree, the handling of X-Men: Days Of Future Past when compared to the comics or even the cartoons, it's a very "weird" handling. Not "weird" as in bad... just as in... a lot of the nature of the original story is changing, and by virtue of how it's being handled, will have a much different impact on the existing continuity than the original stories.

I'm curious to see how it's dealt with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post

Umm... 2023 is roughly half the film, as it is one of 2 time periods...

Quote:

i really think he just means OT story, FC story and the combined story linking them, i don't think he means another timeline
Exactly this.

He's adding to the hype. Nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Isn't it pretty much known that the will be 3 time periods in this film? 1973, 2013, 2023?
No. It is known that there are -TWO- time periods.

1973, and 2023. There is no 2013 time period.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #412
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Yeah that was a theory for some time that old wolverine would be 2023 but judging from what we seen old wolverine is with the OT which could mean the OT future is set 2020-2023 because the OT are set 10 years after X3 but we don't know when X3 was set, if it was set in 2006 then 10 years later would be 2016 but even then that's hardly the present day so its hard to say

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 09-10-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #413
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah that was a theory for some time that old wolverine would be 2023 but judging from what we seen old wolverine is with the OT which could mean the OT is set 2020-2023 because the OT are set 10 years after X3 but we don't know when X3 was set, if it was set in 2006 then 10 years later would be 2016 but even then that's hardly the present day so its hard to say
I think after The Wolverine, it's safe to say that the main trilogy is retroactively set in about 2012 or 2013 so.

The Wolverine seemingly takes place a year after X-Men: The Last Stand (Yukio telling Logan "I've been tracking you for a year", while showing him the files that include shots of him and Storm at Alkali Like from X-Men 3), with The Wolverine seemingly being set in either 2013 or 2014. Then "2 years later" for the credits scene would be 2016, and then X-Men: Days Of Future Past would be 7 years after that (10 years after the main trilogy) setting it in 2023.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #414
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah that was a theory for some time that old wolverine would be 2023 but judging from what we seen old wolverine is with the OT which could mean the OT future is set 2020-2023 because the OT are set 10 years after X3 but we don't know when X3 was set, if it was set in 2006 then 10 years later would be 2016 but even then that's hardly the present day so its hard to say
there is a leaked pic of old Wolverine with a different costume, that according to reports, its like a nod to XForce, so old Logan would fit more with the new characters (bishop, blink)

OT Wolverine has a different look/costume, as seen in the trailer, so more than likely old Logan is in another timeline.

Singer already said that the movie deals with various time periods. He didnt say two time periods, so thats already a hint.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #415
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:

People reading too much into things on here? Nooooooo, that would NEVER happen.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #416
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
People reading too much into things on here? Nooooooo, that would NEVER happen.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #417
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
there is a leaked pic of old Wolverine with a different costume, that according to reports, its like a nod to XForce, so old Logan would fit more with the new characters (bishop, blink)

OT Wolverine has a different look/costume, as seen in the trailer, so more than likely old Logan is in another timeline.

Singer already said that the movie deals with various time periods. He didnt say two time periods, so thats already a hint.
No, we saw old Logan interacting with Xavier and Magneto in the leaked footage. It's very clear that he has the white on his temples in the shot we see him talking to them, the same as that pic you are referencing. It's likely he just has that outfit on in a different scene is all.

The only way there will be a third timeline in this is the resulting timeline after Wolverine comes back from the past if he manages to fix things.

And Singer has never said there are multiple timelines in this film. He has only mentioned TWO:

Quote:
"It takes place about ten years, give or take, after X-Men 3; and in the past it takes place about ten years after First Class.”
and

Quote:
It takes place in the future and the past
He has mentioned multiple PLACES but not multiple timelines like this:

Quote:
and then all over the world, from Russia to China, then France, and Washington, New York,” he says. “It’s got scope, but most of the scope is in the breadth of the story.”
All from the interview here: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=107219

All the footage we have seen has only shown two timelines. People are reading way too much into that one picture of Logan just because of his shirt. It's clearly possible that he can change clothes, people.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #418
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

no bishop and blink are in the same place as the OT, if you look at the teaser there is a colorful background on the wall, might be windows but they appear behind blink,Xavier, warpath and group shot of wolverine and xavier

so singer may have taken liberties with the time frame of the OT because like i said technically it would 2016

as for why wolverine is dressed differently, its as simple as a change of clothes and he does have grey hair in the OT shot

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 09-10-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #419
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
All the footage we have seen has only shown two timelines. People are reading way too much into that one picture of Logan just because of his shirt. It's clearly possible that he can change clothes, people.
This.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #420
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Bishop,warpath and blink probably live in or protect the temple

Old 09-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #421
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Someone changing clothes?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #422
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I think after The Wolverine, it's safe to say that the main trilogy is retroactively set in about 2012 or 2013 so.

The Wolverine seemingly takes place a year after X-Men: The Last Stand (Yukio telling Logan "I've been tracking you for a year", while showing him the files that include shots of him and Storm at Alkali Like from X-Men 3), with The Wolverine seemingly being set in either 2013 or 2014. Then "2 years later" for the credits scene would be 2016, and then X-Men: Days Of Future Past would be 7 years after that (10 years after the main trilogy) setting it in 2023.
*It was "over a year."

Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #423
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
*It was "over a year."
Thanks for the correction.

I still don't think that changes my point on the details too very much.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #424
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Just because Yukio said she was tracking him for over a year doesn't mean she started right after the events of The Last Stand. It could have been a couple months, six months, a year or even two before she started her hunt.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #425
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
i really don't think there will be a 3rd timeline story
well from the way Bishop is described.. it sounds like he comes from the future to warn the OT-X-men... they said he's a "man out of time" how's he out of time unless he travels back with wolverine to the 70s? yet.. all photos indicate that wolverine is the only one traveling back...

tie that into the way The Wolverine ended... and that current world still looking like ours.. while the DOFP one looks much more "futuristic" than what The Wolverine left us with.. and their very well could be a third time-line

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Closed Thread