The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #176
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,464
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
That's a weak explanation -_-Eh it worked for Kitty Pride in the comics -_- Storm could do it, Beast?? Rogue??? Instead of them we get Wolverine again, will Fox ever stop whoring him?? jesus, we need other mutants to shine. It's bad enough some of the mutant's powers have been watered down by Singer -____- And worse, those sentinels
They could have gone with Beast as he also has a younger counterpart in the past, but to be honest I'd rather see the story they have planned for him than see him occupied by his older self, and who knows if Kelsey Grammer would have returned. But, it is what it is.

And what's your issue with the Sentinels?

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Duran Man; 09-06-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Duran Man is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #177
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I have read it imo. So Singer is deliberately deviating from the story line from the comics just to put Wolvie back in time??Well Singer should have casted an older looking Kitty...

BMM is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #178
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

It wasnt that hard to send another x-man in time.

Physical travel was the other option.

But of course Singer and the writer wanted Wolverine, so thats why its mind travel.

Angamb is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #179
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,132
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

It was mind travel in the comics, If they did physical travel everyone would be up in arms that it didnt follow the comics , either way people will love or hate. I like it how it is whichever way personally

xrs13 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #180
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,451
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

The kind of time travel they are using may be crucial to the story.

def28 is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #181
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Don't you two dare start bringing logic into this.

BMM is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #182
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
It was mind travel in the comics, If they did physical travel everyone would be up in arms that it didnt follow the comics , either way people will love or hate. I like it how it is whichever way personally
what was more important in the iconic storyarc?

- Kitty traveling back in time and having a pivotal role and one of her most famous stories?

- or the mind travel?

Angamb is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #183
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,219
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
It wasnt that hard to send another x-man in time.

Physical travel was the other option.

But of course Singer and the writer wanted Wolverine, so thats why its mind travel.

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #184
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,219
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
what was more important in the iconic storyarc?

- Kitty traveling back in time and having a pivotal role and one of her most famous stories?

- or the mind travel?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Either-or_fallacy

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #185
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
They could have gone with Beast as he also has a younger counterpart in the past, but to be honest I'd rather see the story they have planned for him than see him occupied by his older self, and who knows if Kelsey Grammer would have returned. But, it is what it is.

And what's your issue with the Sentinels?
See for yourself
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


But in all fairness Singer could have done better than that -_-. They looked awesome in X-Men 3, well the head anyway.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


The whole X-Men universe is f@*cked up lol xD Just reboot the series already.


Last edited by TeeKay; 09-06-2013 at 08:08 PM.
TeeKay is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #186
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
is that supposed to be a good and mature answer?

obviously not, so I guess you didnt want to recognize my point, lol


Angamb is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #187
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Clearly you never read the original comic run. It worked for Kitty there because she had a youger self in the 70s for them to switch her mind with. That's the whole element of time travel being used here.

Seeing as there's no Kitty (or Rogue or Storm right now) in the 70s in the movieverse it's makes absolute sense that Wolverine is the vessel.
But Beast is in the 70's as well.We saw him in X-Men : First Class. Why couldn't he go back in time instead of Wolverine? What's your excuse now?


Last edited by TeeKay; 09-06-2013 at 08:06 PM.
TeeKay is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #188
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,219
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
is that supposed to be a good and mature answer?

obviously not, so I guess you didnt want to recognize my point, lol

Make a good one and I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Beast is also in the 70's. What's your excuse now?
They don't want to uproot his continuing development from First Class by having him possessed by older Hank. It's really not that difficult to understand. Well... for you maybe.

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #189
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
what was more important in the iconic storyarc?

- Kitty traveling back in time and having a pivotal role and one of her most famous stories?

- or the mind travel?
Actually, it's arguably the mind travel, as Kitty Pryde simply being the time traveler isn't what makes her role in the books important. It's her connection to the past and the disparity between the young, innocent Kitty Pryde and the older, desperate Kate Pryde. That, unfortunately, is something that is lost on Ellen Page's Kitty Pryde, as she's hardly had any interaction with anybody outside of Bobby.


Last edited by BMM; 09-06-2013 at 08:18 PM.
BMM is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #190
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
Make a good one and I will.



They don't want to uproot his continuing development from First Class by having him possessed by older Hank. It's really not that difficult to understand. Well... for you maybe.
Eh nope, it's travelling back to the past to warn Charles and the other mutants about Sentinals right? (which by the way already existed) Beast could do it no problem, doesn't matter if it uproots his continuing development from FC.I could use the same excuse about Wolverine .I'm pretty sure back then he didn't want anything to do with Charles as I re-call.The matter of FACT is Wolverine is getting the spot light once again. You just won't admit it.

TeeKay is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #191
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
But Beast is in the 70's as well.We saw him in X-Men : First Class. Why couldn't he go back in time instead of Wolverine? What's your excuse now?
Beast already has a pivotal role in the 1970s, so why waste the role of time traveler on him? Next.

BMM is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #192
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip
 
Spider-Fan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Kitty only had small cameos in the first two movies (with different actresses in the role each time) an only became a main character (with Page in the role) in TSL which wasn't really that successful (or at least has gotten very mixed reviews)

the unfortunate truth from the movie makes prospective is that she isn't a tested/bankable character... or at least not enough to make as the lead character

I am not say that you have to like it, or that I even like it, but from a business stand point I understand that Wolverine is the more tested/recognizable/bankable character to rest the success of the film on

just saying


Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 09-06-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #193
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,219
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Eh nope, it's travelling back to the past to warn Charles and the other mutants about Sentinals right?
Nope.

Quote:
Beast could do it no problem, doesn't matter if it uproots his continuing development from FC.
Yes it does matter.

Quote:
The matter of FACT is Wolverine is getting the spot light once again. You just won't admit it.
I haven't seen the movie yet so yes you are correct on that.

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #194
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Beast already has a pivotal role in the 1970s, so why waste the role of time traveler on him? Next.
Why waste the role of a time traveller?? Eh why not huh? I mean he will be the main character and they will be actually doing something useful with him. Wolverine has had already two solo flicks, he can be sidelined so we can get other mutants to have their moments to shine. It's bad enough, Singer is robbing Kitty pride of her storyline from the comics giving it to Wolvie instead when there's another X-Man character that can travel back in time instead of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
Kitty only had small cameos in the first two movies (with different actresses in the role each time) an only became a main character (with Page in the role) in TSL which wasn't really that successful (or at least has gotten very mixed reviews)

the unfortunate truth from the movie makes prospective is that she isn't a tested/bankable character... or at least not enough to make as the lead character

I am not say that you have to like it, or that I even like it, but from business stand point I understand that Wolverine is the more tested/recognizable/bankable character to rest the success of the film on

just saying
I disagree, the likes of actors such Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are bankable names and respected actors, they alone can fill seats in the theatres.

Wolverine is getting over-used now. He already has his own solo movies and he gets the spotlight again in the X-Men movies?? Come on, there a lot of mutants in the X-Men universe we also want to see. As I already said, Beast can travel back in time why not him? Some people here are just ignorant and won't face the fact that FOX is whoring Wolvie.

TeeKay is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #195
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Why waste the role of a time traveller?? Eh why not huh? I mean he will be the main character and they will be actually doing something useful with him.
He already is a main character and they already are doing something useful with him. That's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Wolverine is getting over-used now. He already has his own solo movies and he gets the spotlight again in the X-Men movies?? Come on, there a lot of mutants in the X-Men universe we also want to see. As I already said, Beast can travel back in time why not him? Some people here are just ignorant and won't face the fact that FOX is whoring Wolvie.
No, we get that Fox is whoring out Wolverine. Marvel has prepared us for that for years. We just understand why and know that there's nothing we can do about it now.


Last edited by BMM; 09-06-2013 at 08:37 PM.
BMM is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #196
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
He already is a main character and they already are doing something useful with him. That's why.
Like what exactly?? Have you seen the movie??? Come on can you not see that Wolverine is getting over-used now?? The X-men is a team, a family. Wolvie already has his own solo movies, why can't some of the mutants be developed and be given something to do other than just be there most of the time? It's like if Iron Man kept getting the spot light in every Avengers movie, that will get annoying at some point. By now it's redundant and ridiculous, I wanna see other mutants. the whole X-men universe is one huge cluster f@*k. They seriously need to reboot it after Singer is done.

TeeKay is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #197
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,451
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

It makes perfect sense to have him as the time traveler. Wolverine is alive in both decades and the audience has also followed Wolverine, Prof X and Magneto in the past 4 years. So the audience are able to connect with those three on a much stronger level then the other OT X-Men. Having Wolverine interact with that time period just makes more sense. I know he's overplayed (I complain about other characters getting time as well) to alot but they can't start developing another character as lead and expect the audience to be attached to them like they are Logan. This is a busy film and the whole world can be changed by the end.

I know alot of people don't think it will happen, but I have a strong feeling Logans gonna bite the dust in this. I'm sure he will come back later in the future but by the end of this film I think he will be gone for a bit, and the next X-Film will be more focused on other characters.

def28 is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #198
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,124
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

The main 4 from First Class are continuing their journeys begun in First Class. You can't, from a logical storytelling aspect, ignore that to make one of them the time traveler.

JP is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #199
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,668
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Wolverines role in the story will work for the plot and that's all that matters, I'm pretty sure the other characters will play big roles

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #200
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 22,925
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Actually, it's arguably the mind travel, as Kitty Pryde simply being the time traveler isn't what makes her role in the books important. It's her connection to the past and the disparity between the young, innocent Kitty Pryde and the older, desperate Kate Pryde. That, unfortunately, is something that is lost on Ellen Page's Kitty Pryde, as she's hardly had any interaction with anybody outside of Bobby.
Exactly.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.