The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 09-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Default New projects

Marvel has a wonderful abundance of characters and stories to bring to the movies. Why are they not expanding the project list. I feel well done movies will succeed . Is it just a fear of over exposure perhaps ?

Thoughts???

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: New projects

Over-Saturation. People will lose interest in so many superheroes on-screen. Not to mention the continuity will need a retcon sooner.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
Heretic
Side-Kick

There is never a need for a reboot if they actually take care with the arcs.

Personally, I think that two per year is all they could get away with. There was a stretch this summer where 5 comic book movies were released in 3 weeks. With DC and indies (not to mention non-superhero tentpole type releases) we're already seeing an overcrowded "blockbuster" market.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
mocomic
Philistian by choice

If 2 movies year is all Marvel/Disney can handle, then they don't need the return of franchises. I really think they need to have a movie every 3 months.
Have 2 phase films a year that lead to an epic like Avengers. Then have a couple stand on own merit films. I mean does a Blade , daredevil , Heroes for Hire , have to tie to the next big epic ? Two movies is not fulfilling my needs, I don't think I'm unique either.

Keep all films in MCU , but put out some product.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

There is no need for a retcon; the series has just started. If anything, they shave back the scope of the films and the budgets: investing three hundred million dollars into a film is a dangerous gamble. They think smaller and try to work an arrangement with the studios they've granted the license for to avoid over-saturation. If anything, they should alternate the releases: one MCU film a summer and one from Fox or Sony. It will keep it fresh and prevent the blockbuster fatigue that some on the board has described.

Will they do it? No. The studios are in a mindset and cannot be talked out of it. As long as the quality is retained, Marvel Studios has nothing to worry about. Marvel Studios has thus far not made an incorrect step. The same cannot be said for Sony...S3 was bad, and ASM bunted the ball, but did not secure a home run. Fox, meanwhile has gotten its act together and has been good with FC and TW, atoning for the atrocious preceding releases (X3 and FC.)

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
Mr. Dent
Banned User

They can't put out over two movies a year. Not enough resources. This is well documented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocomic View Post
If 2 movies year is all Marvel/Disney can handle, then they don't need the return of franchises
wut

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 09-01-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #7
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
They can't put out over two movies a year. Not enough resources. This is well documented.

wut
Many people want the return of FF, X men, snd Spider-Man, why would marvel need more on their plate if 2 movies a year is all there able to handle.

I disagree when it comes to resources, pre Disney marvel yes. But why wouldn't Disney put out more volume if the product is profitable.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Uhh that came out of nowhere then. No one was talking about them getting the rights back to those.

And Marvel Studios is still a small studio. Just because they're owned by Disney doesn't mean they get unlimited resources. It's important to pace themselves as well. They don't want to use up a bunch of their IPs in a short amount of time just because. There's no rush especially since what they have going for them right now is making money and they'er still putting out new IPs every two years at least.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote