The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
smallville fan
Hero

Default What easter eggs do you want in the film? (If they do any for this one or sequels)

I have a thread like this for Superman/Batman and liked it so I'd figured I'll branch out. For me, Tobey McGauire cameo and some band in the background playing "Hero" by Chad Kroger.

Go.

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: What easter eggs do you want in the film? (If they do any for this one or sequels

A mention of "the suit" which would be a reference to the symbiote, and a mention of Doctor Octavious.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
blake c
Side-Kick

Default Re: What easter eggs do you want in the film? (If they do any for this one or sequels

I think it would be cool if Sam Raimi made an appearance in the movie somehow in a cameo similar to something Stan Lee does.

Last edited by blake c; 09-02-2013 at 01:15 AM.
blake c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Picard Sisko

Ravencroft is going to be full of easter eggs.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
blake c
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Ravencroft is going to be full of easter eggs.
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Marco in there

Old 09-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
Picard Sisko

I really hope Doc Ock is the one Max is talking to in the promo teaser.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Definitely Oscorp and Ravencroft we should keep our eyes peeled.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

But to answer the question,

I would like to see of course some potential future villain easter eggs, comic book nods to certain panels/story arcs. Stuff like that.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #9
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Nicholas Hammond FTW! (not sure if that qualifies as a cameo or an easter egg. lol. Whatever, it's still a win)

Quote:
Good one. I almost completely forgot about that line.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
He's probably talking to Dr. Kaftka.

Marvel Spider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
JOE

John Jameson's shuttle planning to launch into space. Front page of the Daily Bugle. Photographed by: Eddie Brock.

If that isn't the ultimate Easter Egg I don't know what is!

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
blake c
Side-Kick

Quote:
My god, I have never even thought about the teaser actually being a significant part in the movie, but that would be awesome.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

we will prob just see the man in the shadows for in credits

amazingly atiba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #14
roshafer
Side-Kick

Even if we never get a Spider-man/Avengers cross over, I'd love to see easter eggs implying that the other heroes exist. Daily Bugle headlines, graffiti throughout the city, maybe even a really quick glimpse of the SHIELD helacarrier leaving before it is cloaked.

roshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #15
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

None.

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
He's probably talking to Dr. Kaftka.
Probably, but we can only dream, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingly atiba View Post
we will prob just see the man in the shadows for in credits
That would be boring and repetitive. They are most likely going to reveal who the Man in the Shadows is during the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
None.
How imaginative.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #17
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:

How imaginative.
Oh yes. Sneaking an image of a rhinoceros into the movie so fans can sit there satisfied that they got some esoteric reference to the comics is the height of imagination.

They should concentrate and focus all their attention on actually making a decent movie this time. Leave the extraneous stuff like Easter eggs alone. Nolan and Raimi did it right.

Easter eggs, winks, nods, etc...are always lame, sometimes they're ridiculous and distracting and take you right out of the movie and they rarely serve any purpose to the story.

"Would you prefer yellow spandex?" ugh. So imaginative!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Daily Bugle headline of mysterious female jewel thief plaguing New Yorks elite.

Cletus Kassidy name on cell in Ravencroft.

Flash Thompson leaving for the War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshafer View Post
Even if we never get a Spider-man/Avengers cross over, I'd love to see easter eggs implying that the other heroes exist. Daily Bugle headlines, graffiti throughout the city, maybe even a really quick glimpse of the SHIELD helacarrier leaving before it is cloaked.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #19
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Oh yes. Sneaking an image of a rhinoceros into the movie so fans can sit there satisfied that they got some esoteric reference to the comics is the height of imagination.

They should concentrate and focus all their attention on actually making a decent movie this time. Leave the extraneous stuff like Easter eggs alone. Nolan and Raimi did it right.

Easter eggs, winks, nods, etc...are always lame, sometimes they're ridiculous and distracting and take you right out of the movie and they rarely serve any purpose to the story.

Okay, well that's a highly subjective statement right there. Star Trek Into Darkness has tons of nods to Star Trek: The Original Series, and IMO it was just beautiful. They have never taken me out of the movie, sorry.

And Rhino will ultimately have a larger purpose. He isn't just there "so fans can sit there satisfied that they got some esoteric reference to the comics." Rhino does in fact have a larger purpose in the building of a Spider-Man film universe, whether its being included in the Sinister Six or playing some other role in a future film. Otherwise its Spider-Man vs. one villain for each film with is own origin story and it gets repetitive.

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 09-05-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #20
JOE

Quote:
Leave the extraneous stuff like Easter eggs alone. Nolan and Raimi did it right.

Joker card at the end of Batman Begins?

"Should do fine against cats." in The Dark Knight?

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 09-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
roshafer
Side-Kick

Quote:

Jesus..you should probably just go cry about it.

If you're going to get that worked up and butt hurt about what should be a fun and interesting topic then why post?

roshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #22
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

I would like to see the camera pan pass the "Power Gloves" in Oscorps. I would like to see a billboard at a club saying Hypno Hustler & The Mercy Killers. I would love to see a huge white poster with different sizes of black dots on it with a caption saying Spot on. Would love to see Peter looking for info on his Parent's death be referred to someone known as the Owl for classified info on Oscorps or info on a possible "GangWar" involving corporate giants like Oscorps, Silvermane, Wilson Fisk, and their ties to the underworld. Finally, would love to hear a Stark Tower name drop.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #23
JOE

Vid's next post should be good. (Set popcorn in microwave to 2:30)

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #24
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshafer View Post
Jesus..you should probably just go cry about it.

If you're going to get that worked up and butt hurt about what should be a fun and interesting topic then why post?

Translation: It makes me mad when people say things I disagree with and I can't formulate an intelligent rebuttal. Also, I don't understand the point of discussion on a discussion board.

Good luck in life

Old 09-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #25
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay, well that's a highly subjective statement right there. Star Trek Into Darkness has tons of nods to Star Trek: The Original Series, and IMO it was just beautiful. They have never taken me out of the movie, sorry.
The Star Trek movies are essentially a "remake"/"re-boot" of the original series. The entire movie is an easter egg. lol.

Quote:
And Rhino will ultimately have a larger purpose. He isn't just there "so fans can sit there satisfied that they got some esoteric reference to the comics." Rhino does in fact have a larger purpose in the building of a Spider-Man film universe, whether its being included in the Sinister Six or playing some other role in a future film. Otherwise its Spider-Man vs. one villain for each film with is own origin story and it gets repetitive.
Great. So Rhino is in the next movie. Does he have anything to do with Oscorp or the "tree of life" or cross species genetics? Nope. They put that there so nerds could go: "Look! Look! Rhino! Like the villain! I understood that reference because I am familiar with the comics! Easter egg!" It serves no larger purpose to the story.

I like this quote:

Because what use is a movie unless its crammed with hidden messages, jokes, and things that we can point out to other people to make us look smart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
Joker card at the end of Batman Begins?
Was this really an easter egg? Debatable. It's not certainly not hidden or referential. It's obviously the Joker who appears in the next film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
"Should do fine against cats." in The Dark Knight?
Are you one of those that thought the line about "alligators in the sewer" (or whatever) in TDKR was a reference to killer croc?