The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 09-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #26
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: What easter eggs do you want in the film? (If they do any for this one or sequels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Oh yes. Sneaking an image of a rhinoceros into the movie so fans can sit there satisfied that they got some esoteric reference to the comics is the height of imagination.

They should concentrate and focus all their attention on actually making a decent movie this time. Leave the extraneous stuff like Easter eggs alone. Nolan and Raimi did it right.

Easter eggs, winks, nods, etc...are always lame, sometimes they're ridiculous and distracting and take you right out of the movie and they rarely serve any purpose to the story.

"Would you prefer yellow spandex?" ugh. So imaginative!
I generally agree with your view of easter eggs. That last sentence is a perfect example of easter egg done wrong. It always takes me out of the movie, because it's delivered in such an obvious *hint hint* way.

However, there can also be easter eggs that actually serve a purpose. In this universe, it seems we will be introduced to a bigger world than just "Spider-Man and one super villain". This universe seems to go in a direction where there are lots of things going on at the same time behind the scenes that might not (yet) be directly involved in Spider-Man's main battle, not noticed by Spidey himself. A world where there are several superpowered threats out there, and maybe even some heroes.

In that case, I can totally see some easter eggs being in good use: hints of what's going on around the film's main story. A hint of a guy named Quentin Beck, or a mention of the Big Man etc. just to give the viewer the sense of a "bigger world".

I don't know if such things would even count as 'easter eggs' per se, in which case this post in pretty useless.

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #27
JOE

Default Re: What easter eggs do you want in the film? (If they do any for this one or sequels

Quote:
Was this really an easter egg? Debatable. It's not certainly not hidden or referential. It's obviously the Joker who appears in the next film.

Are you one of those that thought the line about "alligators in the sewer" (or whatever) in TDKR was a reference to killer croc?

Yes, the Joker card is an easter egg. How is that debatable? It's the definition of an easter egg.

No, I'm not. When the guy responsible with providing Batman with all his tech and armor tells him it'll do fine against cats, and we get Catwoman in the next movie... That's an easter egg as well.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #28
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
Yes, the Joker card is an easter egg. How is that debatable? It's the definition of an easter egg.

No, I'm not. When the guy responsible with providing Batman with all his tech and armor tells him it'll do fine against cats, and we get Catwoman in the next movie... That's an easter egg as well.

Easter Egg (movies):
A hidden item placed in a movie, television show, or otherwise visual media for close watchers.

Also:
An Easter egg is an intentional inside joke, hidden message, or feature in a work such as a computer program, movie, book, or crossword.

The Joker card wasn't an inside joke, hidden message or any of the above. It was a bit of overt foreshadowing. Easter egg? No.

So like, when you can see a Buzz Lightyear toy in Finding Nemo, that's an example of an easter egg. Or Captain America's shield on Starks workbench in Iron Man 1, that's an easter egg.

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
JOE

Quote:

Easter Egg (movies):
A hidden item placed in a movie, television show, or otherwise visual media for close watchers.

Also:
An Easter egg is an intentional inside joke, hidden message, or feature in a work such as a computer program, movie, book, or crossword.

The Joker card wasn't an inside joke, hidden message or any of the above. It was a bit of overt foreshadowing. Easter egg? No.

So like, when you can see a Buzz Lightyear toy in Finding Nemo, that's an example of an easter egg. Or Captain America's shield on Starks workbench in Iron Man 1, that's an easter egg.

For real Vid? You're honestly telling me it's not an easter egg?

Put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know anything about Batman and just finished watching BB. Leaves confused wondering why there was a joker card shown. Googles it when he gets home, finds out it's a nod towards a villain.

It's the same concept of seeing the shield in Iron Man 2 like you previously stated. It's a small tease to please the fans. Getting extremely technical with it doesn't make it any less of an easter egg.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 09-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #30
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:

For real Vid? You're honestly telling me it's not an easter egg?

Put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know anything about Batman and just finished watching BB. Leaves confused wondering why there was a joker card shown. Googles it when he gets home, finds out it's a nod towards a villain.
No. That is definitely not an "easter egg". There's no hidden meaning or inside joke/reference. It's straight up, in-your-face, overtly telling you "LOOK! THE JOKER. THE JOKER WILL BE IN THE NEXT MOVIE".

Quote:
It's the same concept of seeing the shield in Iron Man 2 like you previously stated. It's a small tease to please the fans. Getting extremely technical with it doesn't make it any less of an easter egg.
You're right! No need to be so technical with all those bothersome word meanings and definitions. Let's just use whatever terms we want as loosely and vaguely as we want.

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, there is a difference between an easter egg, a reference, an homage, foreshadowing, etc...

(BTW, you can see Caps shield in Iron Man 1 as well. Didn't catch that little easter egg, huh?)

Old 09-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #31
JOE

Quote:
No. That is definitely not an "easter egg". There's no hidden meaning or inside joke/reference. It's straight up, in-your-face, overtly telling you "LOOK! THE JOKER. THE JOKER WILL BE IN THE NEXT MOVIE".

You're right! No need to be so technical with all those bothersome word meanings and definitions. Let's just use whatever terms we want as loosely and vaguely as we want.

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, there is a difference between an easter egg, a reference, an homage, foreshadowing, etc...

(BTW, you can see Caps shield in Iron Man 1 as well. Didn't catch that little easter egg, huh?)

No I saw it, I was just referencing IM2 because it was a lot more obvious.

What's the Wayne logo on the satellite in MOS? Is that an easter egg Vid? Oh wait, it can't be. It's foreshadowing Batman, which we got, so I guess it can't be an easter egg anymore by your logic...

"LOOK! BATMAN! BATMAN WILL BE IN THE NEXT MOVIE!"

If you tell me that wasn't an easter egg then I give up. Don't try to tell me it's different, because it's not.

It's a direct nod to a highly potential character for the sequel... So is the shield, so is the Wayne logo, so is the Joker card. Just let it go.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 09-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #32
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

joe the best poster on these boards its amazing how smart he is. i dont see why vid comes on here like really? can i get a valid explanation as to why he bothers? any way my thoughts on ester eggs is maybe somthing hinting at GG or even maybe mysterio such as peter and gwen on a date (if she is still alive) and going to a restuarant but passes a theater and it says the mighty mysterio on upcoming performances. or maybe a villian reference to another member of the sinister six.

amazingly atiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #33
Oscorp
Side-Kick

No offense to you JOE, but I think Vid is correct on this one. I don't feel like explaining why though haha, I think Vid has covered it pretty well himself.

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #34
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
No I saw it, I was just referencing IM2 because it was a lot more obvious.

Sure you did . The point of an easter egg is that it's not obvious. It's an intentionally hidden message or subtle in joke.

Quote:
What's the Wayne logo on the satellite in MOS? Is that an easter egg Vid? Oh wait, it can't be. It's foreshadowing Batman, which we got, so I guess it can't be an easter egg anymore by your logic...

"LOOK! BATMAN! BATMAN WILL BE IN THE NEXT MOVIE!"

If you tell me that wasn't an easter egg then I give up. Don't try to tell me it's different, because it's not.

It's a direct nod to a highly potential character for the sequel... So is the shield, so is the Wayne logo, so is the Joker card. Just let it go.
Yes, it is different and yes, it is an easter egg. Just because something is similar, doesn't mean it's the same (a common misconception around here, it seems) It's a small, fleeting, blink and you'll miss it easter egg.

Now, if at the end of Man of Steel, Perry White had told Clark: "I'm assigning you to a story about the guy who dresses up like a bat in Gotham City." that is not an easter egg. Similarly, the Joker card at the end of TDK is not actually an easter egg. Sorry.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #35
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

An Easter egg imo is something that is not drawn attention to but is there for nods to goings on.

The Captain America shield in IM1 was an easter egg, but the Captain America shield in IM2 was more than an easter egg as it was shown more and used.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #36
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Easter Eggs, Nods, Foreshadowing, Does anyone legitimately give a f*** what they're called. We are here to discuss these fun hints not what a Easter Egg means.

I just want MCU Easter Eggs because Sony can pretend all they want but no one cares about this Spider-Man universe stuff. It's just them trying to make a poor man's MCU/DCCU.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #37
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Easter Eggs, Nods, Foreshadowing, Does anyone legitimately give a f*** what they're called. We are here to discuss these fun hints not what a Easter Egg means.

I just want MCU Easter Eggs because Sony can pretend all they want but no one cares about this Spider-Man universe stuff. It's just them trying to make a poor man's MCU/DCCU.
No one, eh?

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #38
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
No one, eh?
"There are lots of characters in the Spider-Man Universe that can justify their own movie!" - Marc Webb

Seriously? The only good spin-off film was TW but it didn't do amazing at the box-office. Turned a profit sure but an actual X-Men film would have made more. Even if like Venom would have enough to pull off his own movie it wouldn't be as successful as a Spider-Man one.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #39
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:

It's a great feeling to understand what the words in the language you speak actually mean! Stay in school!

Old 09-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #40
SpeterMan3
Formerly SpeterMan3

Quote:
It's a great feeling to understand what the words in the language you speak actually mean! Stay in school!

You are the inner snark in me that I choose to inhibit.

SpeterMan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #41
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I agree with Marc Webb.

Scarlet Spider
Venom
Black Cat
Spider-Girl
Morbious the Living Vampire

they can have a wider movies than just Spider-Man if they want to.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #42
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:

But nobody cares Vid. I see people refer to the likes of the Joker Card as an Easter Egg all the time.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #43
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
I agree with Marc Webb.

Scarlet Spider
Venom
Black Cat
Spider-Girl

It could totally work. It all depends on the execution (writer/director/actors).

Heck, "the Mummy 2" (which was by no means a hit franchise like Spider-Man) spawned "the Scorpion King", which was at least moderately succesful at the time. I could see Venom or the Black Cat working.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #44
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
I agree with Marc Webb.

Scarlet Spider
Venom
Black Cat
Spider-Girl

#SpideyintheMCU

#SaynotoSpideyUniverse

Old 09-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #45
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
I just want MCU Easter Eggs
Quote:
#SpideyintheMCU

#SaynotoSpideyUniverse

Spidey don't need no MCU!

Old 09-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #46
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
But nobody cares Vid. I see people refer to the likes of the Joker Card as an Easter Egg all the time.

Cool. I see people on these boards spell the word "Chameleon" as "Chamilion", or "Scorpion" as "Scropian" all the time. So by your logic, as long as many people make the same error, they're correct...

Sounds legit.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #47
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Cool. I see people on these boards spell the word "Chameleon" as "Chamilion", or "Scorpion" as "Scropian" all the time. So by your logic, as long as many people make the same error, they're correct...

Sounds legit.
I do not want this thread to become a disscussion on what an Easter Egg means.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #48
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

Quote:
#SpideyintheMCU

#SaynotoSpideyUniverse
For the first time, I don't agree with you. Spidey is better alone.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #49
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:

Spidey don't need no MCU!
#Itwouldbereallycoolthough

#EmmaStonelookshotinthatpicture

#Shewouldgetit

Old 09-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #50
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLPAtitoyUPI View Post
For the first time, I don't agree with you. Spidey is better alone.