The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #851
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Is it just me or is Fox really desperate for attention and one-upping everyone? Every new announcement seems to be released very close to news released regarding other superhero films. In some cases, they announce things on the same day as another studio.

Whedon announces Quicksilver for Avengers 2. A few days/weeks later, Synger announces Quicksilver for DOFP.
The DOFP trailer is released around the same time as the Cap 2 trailer, if not on the same day.
Today, the TASM 2 trailer comes out and Fox announces X-Men: Apocalypse.
yeah I noticed this too. Brought it up in the TASM2 vs. Other 2014 Movie threads. It's really pathetic at this point they do it for everything Marvel or Sony do.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #852
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 1

They also announced the F4 reboot a day after Disney's announcement of their acquisition of Marvel.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:01 AM   #853
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

There's an old phrase (from Ian Fleming iirc): Once is happen-stance, twice is co-incidence.

Three times is enemy action.

Seems Fox just like trying to piss on parades.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #854
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Whatever the motivations are, I find it hard to believe Fox is going to be able to produce all these films, with X-Force, Wolverine 3, and now AoA. I think it bodes well that Fox may scrap FF if they have a heavy hitter like Apocalypse due out in 2016. You have to figure Wolverine 3 will be late 2015 or early 2016, and that will definitely be cheaper to produce. That's more of the sure fire thing, and FF could merely be a placeholder for another Wolverine film. While FF seems further along than X-Force, I really can't say I'd be surprised if that moves ahead in priority soon.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #855
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Is it just me or is Fox really desperate for attention and one-upping everyone? Every new announcement seems to be released very close to news released regarding other superhero films. In some cases, they announce things on the same day as another studio.
"Hey guys, we're still here too! Don't forget us! Please?"

It's a little pathetic. And people wonder why Fox gets no respect.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #856
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
"Hey guys, we're still here too! Don't forget us! Please?"

It's a little pathetic. And people wonder why Fox gets no respect.
Fox movie execs remind me of this guy

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I give up.. Not good at the video thing.. Womp Womp..

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 12-06-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #857
starscream22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
They also announced the F4 reboot a day after Disney's announcement of their acquisition of Marvel.
If I recall Mark Miller started his spiel about a Fox-MCU the same day that Daredevil reverted back (or the deadline to start production at least). He basically ruled out any Fox Marvel film that wasn't X1, X2 or FC last year.

Way to go FOX....

Old 12-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #858
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Fox movie execs remind me of this guy
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I give up.. Not good at the video thing.. Womp Womp..
You don't use the whole url; just the part after the = goes in the Youtube brackets. Like this: [yt]773mIAk9Y2Q[/yt ]

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #859
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
You don't use the whole url; just the part after the = goes in the Youtube brackets. Like this: [yt]773mIAk9Y2Q[/yt ]
Thanks!! Got it right but the joke is probably ruined...

Old 12-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #860
zeptron
Side-Kick

I now kinda hope Marvel gets the rights back to F4. Because it seems like Fox cares more about keeping the rights than making a good movie.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #861
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Still nothing in terms of casting? Is the script even complete? I am seriously thinking Fox and Marvel are negotiating a turnover of the rights behind the scenes. I don't think Fox wants to produce this film, seeing that they have X-Men and accompanying spinoffs. Plus Marvel has been awfully quite on the Avengers front. Maybe they are planning something big in the background. Fanboy wishful thinking, but if Fox is gonna make 2015, they need a cast in place by now.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #862
Mr. Dent
Banned User

They're not negotiating anything. I don't understand why people persist on that. Disney/Marvel has already shown they don't feel the need to buy any of the properties back.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #863
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Yeah. I mean, I continue to believe that Fox *wants* to sell the rights back to Marvel, and likely aren't actually going to make the movie. . . but I don't think *Marvel* has anything to do with that. If the rights go back, its not going to be because Marvel negotiated with Fox. Its going to be because the rights expire due to lack of movie.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #864
zeptron
Side-Kick

Last I heard shooting was supposed to begin in March. Yet no one's even been officially announced.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #865
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'm not getting my hopes up. Fox has rushed movies into development many a times before.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #866
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
They're not negotiating anything. I don't understand why people persist on that. Disney/Marvel has already shown they don't feel the need to buy any of the properties back.
They did try to make a deal to get Galactus and Silver Surfer, they're definitelly interested, just not gonna waste a ton of money on getting them back

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #867
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I think that negotiation is what torpedoed relations between Fox and Marvel, actually. Which is to say, I think Marvel tried to offer what they thought was a good faith deal that would benefit both companies. In return, they got spit in the face, with Fox basically going "Ha ha, now we know what you want, and because you want it, you can't have it! Even if it costs us something else!"

Old 12-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #868
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Even if Marvel got the rights back, I feel like we wouldn't see FF on the big screen for quite some time. If Disney has a blueprint for the next couple of phases, they would have to find a way to squeeze in the FF somehow.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #869
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Even if Marvel got the rights back, I feel like we wouldn't see FF on the big screen for quite some time. If Disney has a blueprint for the next couple of phases, they would have to find a way to squeeze in the FF somehow.
A rebooted FF would be the perfect film to kickoff Marvel's Phase III (edit: meant to say Phase IV) in the post-Avengers slot. It would mean waiting until 2018, but so long as I get Hulk vs. Thing on the big screen, it would be totally worth it.

Last edited by Zarex; 12-17-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Phase Error
Old 12-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #870
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm not getting my hopes up. Fox has rushed movies into development many a times before.
I don't know. Marvel hasn't really gotten their phase three mapped out yet, outside of Ant-Man. You'd assume Cap and Thor will be there, but that's all that is. Assumptions. I think they need to make a splash personally. But this is looking more and more like a DD situation that just never got going. Plus how expensive would it have been to make a decent DD movie without a big actor like Batfleck? 60 million? 80 million tops? Certainly gonna have to double that with FF. So if they didn't pull the trigger then, why now? We are gonna need some movement before the end of the year, with casting finalized by January/February. Otherwise I don't see them making 2015.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #871
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I don't know. Marvel hasn't really gotten their phase three mapped out yet, outside of Ant-Man. You'd assume Cap and Thor will be there, but that's all that is. Assumptions. I think they need to make a splash personally. But this is looking more and more like a DD situation that just never got going. Plus how expensive would it have been to make a decent DD movie without a big actor like Batfleck? 60 million? 80 million tops? Certainly gonna have to double that with FF. So if they didn't pull the trigger then, why now? We are gonna need some movement before the end of the year, with casting finalized by January/February. Otherwise I don't see them making 2015.
.... Not letting the public or press know about phase does not mean marvel doesn't have chase 3 mapped out.... And their quotes would suggest otherwise

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 12-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #872
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
.... Not letting the public or press know about phase does not mean marvel doesn't have chase 3 mapped out.... And their quotes would suggest otherwise
Anything unsaid can be changed or adjusted. Let these rights revert and you better believe they'll make room.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #873
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I agree though that Marvel tipped their hand with that atrocious ploy to retake SS and Galactus. But it's not like it's the biggest kept secret that they'd like their properties back. Regardless, I am utterly confident that a FF movie sandwiched between Avengers and BvS is doomed to fail financially, so hopefully it's in both parties interest to at least extend the rights and give this thing a chance with a longer deadline. But Fox has been sitting on this for almost 7 years. At what point is enough... enough?

Old 12-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #874
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Anything unsaid can be changed or adjusted. Let these rights revert and you better believe they'll make room.
Im pretty confident of that as well
Marvel would stream line it

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 12-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #875
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Yep. The longer range a plan is (and this goes for any company that performs long-range planning - not just Marvel) the more flexible that plan has to be. Unexpected things happen and those long-range plans need to be capable of being adjusted.

What if GOTG bombs? What if Audiences get tired of seeing Iron Man? What if someone has a great idea that isn't currently part of the long range plan? What if Marvel gets access to a character like Galactus?

No successful company sets a long term plan and then sticks to it without changing when things don't go as planned.

A long-term plan is a general guideline so that a company knows where they'd like to go - not something they are forced to adhere to when things on the ground change.

And Marvel knows better than us the details in the Fox contract and if there is a 10% chance they will get the rights in the coming years, it's a certainty they have contingencies in mind for if/when that happens.