The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #101
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Then I don't understand what Marvel plans on doing after PIII. These characters aren't exactly bankable at the moment. You walk down the street and ask people who Black Panther, Dr. Strange, and Ant-Man are, they won't know who you are talking about. These are C-list Marvel heroes.

So what becomes of PIV and this 2021 plan if these characters don't bank? Don't know. I'd like to see PIV become the Defenders phase, and we get Dr. Strange, Namor, and Hulk anchoring that phase. But it could easily be a FF phase and branch cosmic Marvel to Earth. Plus they still don't have Namor and SS. So I don't see where the ensemble movie is going to come from in PIV at the moment. 2021 is a LONG ways away, but we are already fast aproaching PIII, and I don't know what characters can sub for the big three right now.
I'm still very much at a loss as to the whole Namor thing... and im still taking that with a grain of salt. It was first reported from a site that i've never actually seen as a source for movie news (comicbook.com i believe it was), which then, the the sight that should not be named (cbm) copied that article and spread the news. The Hype itself never posted it... and tends to not post news articles unless they know it's fact.... so for me, it's still a grain of salt. I 'm not sure why Universal would hold onto Namor, but not Hulk...

I'm pretty sure Phase 3 will end up being...
-Ant-Man
-Dr. Strange
-Thor 3
-Guardians 2
-Avengers 3
and potentially
-Cap 3
-Black Panther

Phase 4 is where things get tricky, and I suspect the major players will be gone... at least Robert will surely be... if they manage to squeeze out an IM4 before he leaves... awesome though..

Ant-Man, Panther, and Strange could all get sequels, Black Widow could still potentially get a solo, and hopefully we are bound to get another Hulk Film... which again some could be part of phase 3, or phase 4...

I suspect Thor's films will end with Ragnarok, which leaves things open ended for a recast when they bring back Asgard. Cap may also end with his death... and bring about a recast when they bring him back as well... but there will be major need for replacements of marvel's big 3 in the mean time... and I do think the answer is the 4.

Fantastic Four could easily be the next "Avengers" for marvel.. with ties to Silver Surfer, Namor, Panther, Dr. Doom, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, She-Hulk, Inhumans, Skrulls, Kree, The Avengers... they could easily introduce many characters, and spawn off multiple franchises (if done correctly) add to that Surfer and Namor already make up half of the Defenders as well...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #102
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 1

I don't think you can go with Avengers 4, 5, and 6 any time soon. The story is done, and any characters attached to the original trilogy will need a break. At least the major ones, with new ones embarking on new journeys. And no, not all those guys are getting sequels (BP, Ant-Man, and Dr. Strange). I would say their sequels will be ensemble movies. I know one has nothing to do with the other, but would you forsee DC characters like Flash and WW getting additional solo sequels, or more JL movies? I think the same thing applies to these C-listers, only you can interchange them with FF, Avengers, and Defenders rosters to keep it interesting.

What characters are likely to continue into PIV, and what roster would we be looking at for Avengers 4? If I had to guess:

Iron Man... 100% Done after A3
Thor... 80% Done after A3
Cap... 80% Done after A3
Black Panther... FF or A4
Ant-Man... A4
Wasp... A4
Dr. Strange... A4 or Defenders
Black Widow... Done after A3 (ScarJo is too expensive, probably killed off before A3)
Hawkeye... Done after A3 (same reasons above)
Ms. Marvel... A4
War Machine... Done after A3 (Hasn't built enough fans to anchor A4)
Hulk... Defenders or FF
Namor... FF or Defenders
SS... FF or Defenders

And by done, I mean done for PIV. Hence, here is your potential Avengers 4 roster:

Ant/Giant Man
Wasp
Scarlet Witch
Quick Silver
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Hulk (Don't really think Hulk should stay here, plus Ruffalo will be gone by now)
Ms. Marvel (Not confirmed yet)
Vision (Not confirmed yet)
Wonder Man (Not confirmed yet)

Would anyone be remotely comfortable with that Avengers lineup following A3? I think not.

Last edited by Mr.M; 09-04-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #103
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
all the more reason FOX shouldn't even attempt to make this film imo
I think they definitely need to either go big or go home. Based on their lack of any hype at Comic-Con or any other comments that would make us believe they've changed their ways, it seems like they're not going big, so hopefully they're going home (but not taking their ball with them, that's Marvel's ball)

. . . but there's still that possibility that they'll just sleep-walk through another production, and that's the possibility that drives me (and probably most of the other people on this thread) crazy.

Quote:
There's no written rule where you can't enjoy super heroes or movies when you're in your 50s, 60s, or 70s even.. My Mother is in her mid 50s and loves seeing these films, my grand father is in his 80s and enjoys the heck out of these films.
When I was a kid, I always thought some sort of 'change' would happen and I'd end up being a grown-up by this point in my life . . . nope, nothing yet.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #104
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I don't think you can go with Avengers 4, 5, and 6 any time soon. The story is done, and any characters attached to the original trilogy will need a break. At least the major ones, with new ones embarking on new journeys. And no, not all those guys are getting sequels (BP, Ant-Man, and Dr. Strange). I would say their sequels will be ensemble movies. I know one has nothing to do with the other, but would you forsee DC characters like Flash and WW getting additional solo sequels, or more JL movies? I think the same thing applies to these C-listers, only you can interchange them with FF, Avengers, and Defenders rosters to keep it interesting.

What characters are likely to continue into PIV, and what roster would we be looking at for Avengers 4? If I had to guess:

Cap... 80% Done after A3
Ant-Man... A4
Black Widow... Done after A3 (ScarJo is too expensive, probably killed off before A3)
Ms. Marvel... A4
Hulk... Defenders or FF
Namor... FF or Defenders
SS... FF or Defenders

And by done, I mean done for PIV. Hence, here is your potential Avengers 4 roster:

Ant/Giant Man
Wasp
Scarlet Witch
Quick Silver
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Hulk (Don't really think Hulk should stay here, plus Ruffalo will be gone by now)

Would anyone be remotely comfortable with that Avengers lineup following A3? I think not.
Avengers will still continue, i just think their will be major gaps between avengers releases... I see the Avengers continuing in 2 ways... as a branch off team "West Coast Avengers", "Young Avengers", "New Avengers" for instance, or i suspect "The Avengers" might eventually become the "big event" sort of like what we see in the comics... with Civil War, Secret Invasion, etc.... But either way i think it will continue without the big 3.. i just think there will be more time between "Avengers" films.

and actually.. to be quite honest, that line-up sounds pretty fantastic in all honesty...

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #105
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I think they definitely need to either go big or go home. Based on their lack of any hype at Comic-Con or any other comments that would make us believe they've changed their ways, it seems like they're not going big, so hopefully they're going home (but not taking their ball with them, that's Marvel's ball)

. . . but there's still that possibility that they'll just sleep-walk through another production, and that's the possibility that drives me (and probably most of the other people on this thread) crazy.

When I was a kid, I always thought some sort of 'change' would happen and I'd end up being a grown-up by this point in my life . . . nope, nothing yet.
lol indeed, i think most youth have that perception. Hell a couple years ago when on vacation, my step grandmother and mother crashed a wedding at the neighboring rental condo. It was hilarious (and the bride and groom were fine with it, though, the best man was not when me and my cousin's went over :/, being old is cool!

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #106
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Avengers will still continue, i just think their will be major gaps between avengers releases... I see the Avengers continuing in 2 ways... as a branch off team "West Coast Avengers", "Young Avengers", "New Avengers" for instance, or i suspect "The Avengers" might eventually become the "big event" sort of like what we see in the comics... with Civil War, Secret Invasion, etc.... But either way i think it will continue without the big 3.. i just think there will be more time between "Avengers" films.

and actually.. to be quite honest, that line-up sounds pretty fantastic in all honesty...
Yeah but aren't the big 3 featured in all those lineups? Or Spidey/Wolverine? Plus as you said, this movie would not be released by 2021 so it wouldn't factor into the plan it seems... unless Avengers 3/4 are filmed back to back, potentially extending RDJ to 7 total appearances (not including cameos).

Old 09-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #107
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Yeah but aren't the big 3 featured in all those lineups? Or Spidey/Wolverine? Plus as you said, this movie would not be released by 2021 so it wouldn't factor into the plan it seems... unless Avengers 3/4 are filmed back to back, potentially extending RDJ to 7 total appearances (not including cameos).
No they're actually not.. West Coast Avengers while at one point Had Ironman ... had a nice roster of (WarMachine, Tigra, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Wonderman, Wasp, Spider-Woman and Mocking Bird) The second Line-up didn't even feature Iron Man http://24.media.tumblr.com/1a332ac2d...7bmo1_1280.jpg

Young Avengers isn't compose of any of the big 3, they're all teens. And New Avengers never had Thor on the roster, and Iron Man and Cap weren't always part of the team. The team could easily be made up of Street Level Heroes that have been on the roster.. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Man (maybe someday), Spider-Woman, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, and Hell... even Ms. Marvel has been on that team.

either way this isn't the Avengers thread, though I do think in Avenger down time, Fantastic Four would be a perfect replacement.

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 09-04-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #108
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:

Cap... 80% Done after A3
Ant-Man... A4
Wasp... A4
Ms. Marvel... A4
Hulk... Defenders or FF
Namor... FF or Defenders
SS... FF or Defenders

Ant/Giant Man
Wasp
Scarlet Witch
Quick Silver
Dr. Strange
Black Panther

A few prominent characters were left out that I think will at least be in the running to join the team post Avengers 3:

Luke Cage - A number of well known actors, most notably "The Rock" himself, have expressed an interest in portraying the former Power Man. Dwayne's Johnson's involvement would give the team more of a "New Avengers" feel, but the proven franchise resurrector certainly gives you star power. He might be pushing 50 by the time he joins the MCU, but a grizzled older version may have some appeal.

Spider-man - By 2018, Sony will have put out 7 Spider-man films in under two decades. If Spidey fatigue hasn't set in by then, it never will. With Marvel looking to keep their Avengers franchise humming along, this would be the perfect time to engage in some of that studio cooperation that has been hinted at. What about Mike Morales joining a Luke Cage lead Avengers team, with Sony producing solo features? Sounds like a plan.

Iron-Man - No, not Tony Stark. The new Iron Man is the formerly unknown son conceived back in his gigolo days, who then joins forces with the old man to defeat evil and take over the title in Iron Man 4. Though Tony dies tragically, he is resurrected as the AI controlling the suit ala JARVIS.

Daredevil - Not a great fit, but they can't keep Matt on ice for too long. Maybe Ben is willing to pull double-duty.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #109
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i really doubt Daredevil or Cage will be part of the "main" Avengers team any time soon if at all

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #110
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Who says Marvel needs to make everything tie into Avengers? I could be wrong but it appears to me that Marvel is positioning the Guardians of the Galaxy as a whole other entity outside of the Avengers. Sure it's all part of the MCU and there is Thanos and things may overlap but that's just icing on the cake. If GOTG is as great as the buzz surrounding it then I think you may see that stand on its own legs. I'm sure Marvel Studios would be very happy to have more than one tentpole.

Next you have the other teams that are yet to be mined like the Inhumans, the Defenders (pretty sure Marvel can get Namor - although really really REALLY want to see Silver Surfer in the fold) and the Runaways.

Lastly, you have a whole slew of street level heroes that could easily branch off in a completely different direction: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight and Blade. These could all be a mix of solo films and/or some kind of a Marvel Knights mashup.

There's oodles of potential here. I think a lot depends on how GOTG fares. It's probably the most intriguing Phase II film. If Marvel makes that into a smash hit well then shoot all bets are off. It will mean that in the right hands any C-list property can become a breakout success.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #111
Robert Scorpio
Banned User

Hello Mates

They should start doing low budget films featuring their lower street level heroes like Cage and Daredevil.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #112
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Who says Marvel needs to make everything tie into Avengers? I could be wrong but it appears to me that Marvel is positioning the Guardians of the Galaxy as a whole other entity outside of the Avengers. Sure it's all part of the MCU and there is Thanos and things may overlap but that's just icing on the cake. If GOTG is as great as the buzz surrounding it then I think you may see that stand on its own legs. I'm sure Marvel Studios would be very happy to have more than one tentpole.

Next you have the other teams that are yet to be mined like the Inhumans, the Defenders (pretty sure Marvel can get Namor - although really really REALLY want to see Silver Surfer in the fold) and the Runaways.

Lastly, you have a whole slew of street level heroes that could easily branch off in a completely different direction: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight and Blade. These could all be a mix of solo films and/or some kind of a Marvel Knights mashup.

There's oodles of potential here. I think a lot depends on how GOTG fares. It's probably the most intriguing Phase II film. If Marvel makes that into a smash hit well then shoot all bets are off. It will mean that in the right hands any C-list property can become a breakout success.
That's why I think "Avengers" might end up just being a massive cross-over event series in the future... "Avengers: Civil War", "Avengers: The Secret Wars", "Avengers: Secret Invasion" etc... since a good chunk of the Marvel Universe has been an avenger in one form or another.. it makes sense.

that being said, yes I do think (and Hope) that Guardians and Dr. Strange for that matter, are distant (loose) connections to the Avengers. Some over-lapping, but not full on members of the team.

The Inhumans can surely carry a film due to the team all being family, race, and location, But Defenders im not too sure on yet to be unfortunately honest. Maybe there can be a psuedo Defenders team in a hulk sequel, but as of right now.. wouldn't the joining of heroes with a similar name to "avengers" actually hurt the film more so than help it?

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #113
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Scorpio View Post
Hello Mates

They should start doing low budget films featuring their lower street level heroes like Cage and Daredevil.
I think Disney/Marvel should open up a smaller budget "Marvel Knights" division of Marvel Studios for these films as well... but anywho... Back to the Fantastic Four

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #114
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's why I think "Avengers" might end up just being a massive cross-over event series in the future... "Avengers: Civil War", "Avengers: The Secret Wars", "Avengers: Secret Invasion" etc... since a good chunk of the Marvel Universe has been an avenger in one form or another.. it makes sense.
As much as I would love to see the Avengers tackle the Beyonder, if Dr. Doom is not in it I'm not interested unfortunately. That is my favorite part of Secret Wars (along with Reed and Galactus) and to me always demonstrated what an ultimate badass he was.

Quote:
that being said, yes I do think (and Hope) that Guardians and Dr. Strange for that matter, are distant (loose) connections to the Avengers. Some over-lapping, but not full on members of the team.
Agreed - Marvel's gotten a little carried away lately with who can be an Avenger.

Quote:
The Inhumans can surely carry a film due to the team all being family, race, and location, But Defenders im not too sure on yet to be unfortunately honest. Maybe there can be a psuedo Defenders team in a hulk sequel, but as of right now.. wouldn't the joining of heroes with a similar name to "avengers" actually hurt the film more so than help it?
You're right of course. This is something I see possibly emerging very late in the game when hopefully by then the Marvel rights mess will have been sorted out a bit more.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #115
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
lol indeed, i think most youth have that perception. Hell a couple years ago when on vacation, my step grandmother and mother crashed a wedding at the neighboring rental condo. It was hilarious (and the bride and groom were fine with it, though, the best man was not when me and my cousin's went over :/, being old is cool!

Quote:
Hello Mates

Quote:
I think Disney/Marvel should open up a smaller budget "Marvel Knights" division of Marvel Studios for these films as well... but anywho... Back to the Fantastic Four
I've always thought Luke Cage would be perfect for a TV show. Every week there could be someone coming into his office with a different problem for him to help them with.

The Equalizer was a show in the '80s that had a similar concept. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Equalizer

Back when they were talking about a Hulk TV show, I thought that could be cool, but couldn't imagine them pulling it off.

I think Luke Cage or Daredevil would be much more doable.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #116
Robert Scorpio
Banned User

Quote:
Why isn't this film getting any buzz? There's been no news. Are they still doing it?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #117
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

I've always thought Luke Cage would be perfect for a TV show. Every week there could be someone coming into his office with a different problem for him to help them with.

The Equalizer was a show in the '80s that had a similar concept. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Equalizer

Back when they were talking about a Hulk TV show, I thought that could be cool, but couldn't imagine them pulling it off.

I think Luke Cage or Daredevil would be much more doable.
I'd honestly skip a Luke Cage solo/film period... and just do Heroes For Hire, I think movie wise, Iron Fist can carry a successful film more easily than Cage can (and please.. no Rock as cage ick...) Terry Cruiz or nothing. lol

But yeah, i imagine a Heroes for Hire show being much like Angel.. with Cage, Danny, Jessica Jones, Misty Knight

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #118
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Why isn't this film getting any buzz? There's been no news. Are they still doing it?
Every day they don't announce a Cast, and start a Filming, is a day closer to it not getting made imo

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #119
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
For the sake of all that is good and pure in this world, most of us hope not.

For those of you who want to see Fox give us adopted Storm siblings, Doom with goat's legs and Reed with pimples rock on.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #120
Robert Scorpio
Banned User

I want Lance Gross for Luke Cage

Old 09-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #121
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:

That's what I believe Marvel is thinking ^^^, hence they have no intention of paying top dollar to reacquire FF. I personally don't believe GotG will do much of a dent at the box office, but we'll see. Should be better than the films this August that's for sure.

Inhumans, even Defenders, is a big risk. I honestly think they have to go Defenders in that situation, because you have A-listers like Hulk, and Dr. Strange could be a surprise hit.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #122
Robert Scorpio
Banned User

Quote:
Every day they don't announce a Cast, and start a Filming, is a day closer to it not getting made imo
Quote:
For the sake of all that is good and pure in this world, most of us hope not.

For those of you who want to see Fox give us adopted Storm siblings, Doom with goat's legs and Reed with pimples rock on.
So there's a chance they could lose the rights? I am all for that if it goes back home to marvel.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #123
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
A few prominent characters were left out that I think will at least be in the running to join the team post Avengers 3:

Luke Cage - A number of well known actors, most notably "The Rock" himself, have expressed an interest in portraying the former Power Man. Dwayne's Johnson's involvement would give the team more of a "New Avengers" feel, but the proven franchise resurrector certainly gives you star power. He might be pushing 50 by the time he joins the MCU, but a grizzled older version may have some appeal.

Spider-man - By 2018, Sony will have put out 7 Spider-man films in under two decades. If Spidey fatigue hasn't set in by then, it never will. With Marvel looking to keep their Avengers franchise humming along, this would be the perfect time to engage in some of that studio cooperation that has been hinted at. What about Mike Morales joining a Luke Cage lead Avengers team, with Sony producing solo features? Sounds like a plan.

Iron-Man - No, not Tony Stark. The new Iron Man is the formerly unknown son conceived back in his gigolo days, who then joins forces with the old man to defeat evil and take over the title in Iron Man 4. Though Tony dies tragically, he is resurrected as the AI controlling the suit ala JARVIS.

Daredevil - Not a great fit, but they can't keep Matt on ice for too long. Maybe Ben is willing to pull double-duty.
I personally would not like to see a Spidey who isn't Peter Parker. I would like to see a cross-over film with the character sometime in the future. My dream would be Spidey + Avengers V.S Sinister Six.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #124
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
That's what I believe Marvel is thinking ^^^, hence they have no intention of paying top dollar to reacquire FF. I personally don't believe GotG will do much of a dent at the box office, but we'll see. Should be better than the films this August that's for sure.
I know next to nothing about Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Are they big with younger fans?

I can't imagine people of my generation showing up for GOTG the way they did for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Avengers.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #125
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think ASM 4 could feature some MCU elements. Or does Sony have enough rights to characters to help Spidey contend with the Sinister Six? He'd need a lot of help though, but what would be the benefit for Disney? Maybe get more control of the character down the line? And what if Sony wants to do a Venom or symbiote saga after ASM 4? Besides that, Spidey in a team up is a slam dunk, but who would be benefiting the most financially?

Quote:
I know next to nothing about Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Are they big with younger fans?

I can't imagine people of my generation showing up for GOTG the way they did for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Avengers.
Nah, it's a genre movie for hard core sci-fi fanboys, but it doesn't look like a family film you can take young kids too. I don't see talking racoons appealing to anyone who doesn't enjoy that genre, and it looks a little too dark and violent for young children. But that's going off of like 20 seconds of grainy footage, which is all I've seen thus far.

Last edited by Mr.M; 09-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Closed Thread