The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #951
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Yeah I loved the gold utility belt in the Nolan films.

I think that without the trunks Batman's suit doesn't look right, and the Arkham Origins provides the perfect alternative to trunks

I would be over the moon if this were the new Batman suit.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #952
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 4,967
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Uck, No. that would be a horrible suit. Way too bulky. He'd barely be able to walk, let alone fight in that.

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:30 AM   #953
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Uck, No. that would be a horrible suit. Way too bulky. He'd barely be able to walk, let alone fight in that.

Have you seen the Origins trailer?

spider-neil is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 AM   #954
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,927
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Have you seen the Origins trailer?
I've seen it.

And in real life, no way would he be able to maneuver, as he should, in that.

The suit(s) from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City make more sense form a technical standpoint.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:38 AM   #955
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,803
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando81 View Post
The Arkham City suit is cool but it probably has the worst cowl ever. Long ears look stupid. Also, Kelley Jones is the worst artist to ever touch Batman. He's nearly as bad of an artist as Rob Liefeld.
Jones draws in a style some love and some hate. Liefeld just can't draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Have you seen the Origins trailer?
That's a video game, so I really don't know what kind of guide you think it is for real-world costume dynamics.

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:54 AM   #956
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,932
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Jones draws in a style some love and some hate. Liefeld just can't draw.
This.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #957
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 4,967
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Have you seen the Origins trailer?
You do realize that's all computer animation and not real people, don't you?

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #958
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,878
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I've seen it.

And in real life, no way would he be able to maneuver, as he should, in that.

The suit(s) from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City make more sense form a technical standpoint.
It's neat, but the suit would totally weigh him down IRL. So yeah, no "Origins" Batsuit


Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 09-24-2013 at 06:02 AM.
TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #959
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,565
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
That's blue? Looks pretty black on all three different comps I've seen. Either way, works for me.
It is blue. You can tell more clearly in his other illustrations.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #960
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

I don't want to see the bulky suit again, but I wonder what this suit is made of. The actor/stuntman is completely encased in a suit, but still seems to have a lot of mobility.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Nathan is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #961
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

The Origins suit could be made out of light fibreglass so acrobatic moves would be possible whilst still looking sturdy. I have no doubt the bat suit could look and move like the Origins trailer.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #962
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,229
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

I want to see the Arkham City style Batsuit with the long pointy ears

The Caped Knight is online now  
Old 09-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #963
iwontsaveu
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 147
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
I would love for this to be the suit:


Artwork by Daniel Araya
I love this. the cowl fits the shape of his face and jawline. The way the cowl makes the actor look has always been a problem for me, and i could never get into any batman movie.

iwontsaveu is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #964
iwontsaveu
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 147
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

In my opinion, Christian bale did not have the face for batman.His face was to skinny and to me it looked awkward in the cowl or the cowl made his face look awkward. Why i first heard that Ben Affleck was batman i looked at his chin and was immediately on board. Hopefully the cowl compliments his countenance.

iwontsaveu is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #965
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 4,967
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
The Origins suit could be made out of light fibreglass so acrobatic moves would be possible whilst still looking sturdy. I have no doubt the bat suit could look and move like the Origins trailer.
Doesn't matter. Even if it's not all that heavy, it's still too bulky and restrictive. It's supposed to represent heavy armor, and that would make it totally unbelievable he could move like he does in the Arkham trailers. It works for the game because it's obvious it's CGI, but it just won't work for Live action.

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #966
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Doesn't matter. Even if it's not all that heavy, it's still too bulky and restrictive. It's supposed to represent heavy armor, and that would make it totally unbelievable he could move like he does in the Arkham trailers. It works for the game because it's obvious it's CGI, but it just won't work for Live action.
I humbly disagree.
The picture of the Origins costume is from a toy, so is naturally more bulky and cumbersome than the actual practical suit need be.





This looks amazing as is actually similar to the Origins suit but is a little more sleek and streamlined.


Last edited by spider-neil; 09-24-2013 at 11:44 AM.
spider-neil is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #967
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,111
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

I disagree with Batgeek as well, they can make the costume out of any material even the TDK material, so it doesn't have to be restrictive or heavy. And it doesn't have to be so bulky either, they should tone down the gauntlets and the boots but then its perfect. I dunno where youre getting the idea that it would be impossible to work in live action lol you have no imagination

Rorschach2012 is online now  
Old 09-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #968
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I disagree with Batgeek as well, they can make the costume out of any material even the TDK material, so it doesn't have to be restrictive or heavy. And it doesn't have to be so bulky either, they should tone down the gauntlets and the boots but then its perfect. I dunno where youre getting the idea that it would be impossible to work in live action lol you have no imagination

spider-neil is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #969
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,945
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
I would love for this to be the suit:






Artwork by Daniel Araya
im not a fan of this cowl. It reminds me too much of Zolar from Battle of the Planets

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #970
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

What I like most about the artwork is the hard plates with the soft joints which will eliminate 'bunching' when Batman bends his arms and legs. The Batman Begins 'bunching' was absolutely SHOCKING and made the suit look like it was made out of cheap plastic.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #971
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,803
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I disagree with Batgeek as well, they can make the costume out of any material even the TDK material, so it doesn't have to be restrictive or heavy. And it doesn't have to be so bulky either, they should tone down the gauntlets and the boots but then its perfect. I dunno where youre getting the idea that it would be impossible to work in live action lol you have no imagination
I think he is pointing out that it is undesirable, not suggesting that it is impossible, in live action.

Obviously, you can point a camera at whatever you like, no matter how ugly the results.

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #972
theShape
Creature of Darkness
 
theShape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Inside your mind.
Posts: 10,981
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Doesn't matter. Even if it's not all that heavy, it's still too bulky and restrictive. It's supposed to represent heavy armor, and that would make it totally unbelievable he could move like he does in the Arkham trailers. It works for the game because it's obvious it's CGI, but it just won't work for Live action.
It's not the Arkham Origins suit that is bulky, it's the ridiculous proportions of Bruce/Batman's body, which is how the artists have chosen to render the character. His proportions (even in Arkham City) and muscles are bigger and more exaggerated than Superman's in MOS. Looking at the toy someone posted above, the suit is comprised of several armored areas which could certainly be lightweight. It's not "supposed" to represent heavy armor, but simply armor. It's never mentioned to be heavy or shown to be so.

Yes, I realize it's a video game comprised of CGI that we're talking about, but a live-action Batman with more realistic proportions could wear a suit similar to that and wear it well. It's less busy-looking than TDK's suit and without those oversized robot guantlets/boots, a suit like this could retain the classic look of Batman (grey/black) whilst still allowing him to appear to be protected.

I'm not saying I specifically want to see the Origins suit in this new movie, but I do think it's a good starting point. In terms of the new Batsuit, I believe we're going to get a compromise between the tighter, fabric-looking suit of the comics and the kinds of armored suits we've seen lately. Something that, as I said before, retains the grey/black look of the comics but with a modern twist that at least has a basis in reality. Everyone has such divisive opinions in this thread of what they want to see (and what they don't want to see), but believe it or not, there CAN be a middle ground between TDK's suit and the way Jim Lee draws Batman, for instance. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

__________________
Past the point of no return...
theShape is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #973
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
It's not the Arkham Origins suit that is bulky, it's the ridiculous proportions of Bruce/Batman's body, which is how the artists have chosen to render the character. His proportions (even in Arkham City) and muscles are bigger and more exaggerated than Superman's in MOS. Looking at the toy someone posted above, the suit is comprised of several armored areas which could certainly be lightweight. It's not "supposed" to represent heavy armor, but simply armor. It's never mentioned to be heavy or shown to be so.

Yes, I realize it's a video game comprised of CGI that we're talking about, but a live-action Batman with more realistic proportions could wear a suit similar to that and wear it well. It's less busy-looking than TDK's suit and without those oversized robot guantlets/boots, a suit like this could retain the classic look of Batman (grey/black) whilst still allowing him to appear to be protected.

I'm not saying I specifically want to see the Origins suit in this new movie, but I do think it's a good starting point. In terms of the new Batsuit, I believe we're going to get a compromise between the tighter, fabric-looking suit of the comics and the kinds of armored suits we've seen lately. Something that, as I said before, retains the grey/black look of the comics but with a modern twist that at least has a basis in reality. Everyone has such divisive opinions in this thread of what they want to see (and what they don't want to see), but believe it or not, there CAN be a middle ground between TDK's suit and the way Jim Lee draws Batman, for instance. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.
I agree with this, the suit is bulky because BATMAN is bulky.
It's the design I like rather than the size and heft.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #974
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,945
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

I'd rather not see any bit of armor on the new Batman suit. Do something different than what has come before.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #975
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I'd rather not see any bit of armor on the new Batman suit. Do something different than what has come before.
What's come before (imho) hasn't been all that great. I want to armour look perfected. I've seen a great Spider-Man suit, A great Superman suit but I've yet to see a great Batman suit.

spider-neil is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.