The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 6

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 28,786
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 6

He will. He's Bruce Wayne after all. :o

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 5/6/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,455
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
He will. He's Bruce Wayne after all.
The movie should have Bruce focus on more important things, like wrestling with Superman.

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,170
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

I might catch some flak for this, but I would've preferred to see Joss Whedon's take on Batman vs Superman. Sure some believe The Avengers and Marvel in general are too lighthearted and "popcorn", but the man knows how to nail two of the most important factors that will determine the success of this movie-Teamwork and Heart.

I want to see those epic moments that give you chills up your spine, like when the Avengers finally assembled. I'm not confident that Snyder and Goyer can deliver that.

And Whedon is as much of a comic book fan as Snyder, if not more. And he's a far superior director. He'd nail those character moments between Batman and Superman.

hafizbat is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 28,786
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddamn Batman View Post
The movie should have Bruce focus on more important things, like wrestling with Superman.
Like he has time 'fo that.

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 5/6/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist
 
slumcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,660
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Oh I would have preferred Whedon's Batman vs Superman. I would be assured that it would be a throughly entertaining joyous delight. With Goyer, it will probably very morose and self serious and crumble beneath its own weight.

__________________
A sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth.
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald ~
slumcat is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.
 
antsman41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,790
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Background Bimbo for Bruce Wayne, yes please...

Love Interest, hell no.

Bruce/Batman needs a film where a woman isn't ruining the storyline.

In his next solo film, sure... gives us an up-to-date Julie/Vicky that isn't off from their comic counterparts.

__________________
Gliding o'er all, through all... through nature, time, & space. As a ship on the waters advancing, the voyage of the soul... not life alone. Death, many deaths, I'll sing.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,455
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Bruce/Batman needs a film where a woman isn't ruining the storyline.
Yeah, stupid women. God, I hate women I hope this movie is full of bare chested, manly men that Batman can wrestle into submission and...

Kidding. Love interests can be unnecessary, especially in a movie like this. Avengers did fine...

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.
 
antsman41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,790
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddamn Batman View Post
Yeah, stupid women. God, I hate women I hope this movie is full of bare chested, manly men that Batman can wrestle into submission and...

Kidding. Love interests can be unnecessary, especially in a movie like this. Avengers did fine...
Only three (maybe four0 female love interests have worked [to an extent] in what, over 100 some comicbook films.

I Peggy Carter was the best in Captain America...
II Pepper was alright, tough woman and all but was slightly ruined in IM3...
III Gwen was solid in ASM, great chemistry.
(maybe) Maggie's Rachel, just because she was on the periphery to Bruce and was killed, for once someone had the balls to do that.

That's why being wary about a love interest to Batman is a warranted issue. Not only is Bruce being forced into a Superman sequel, but we also have more important (Batman) characters to get first; Alfred, Gordon, and so forth.

__________________
Gliding o'er all, through all... through nature, time, & space. As a ship on the waters advancing, the voyage of the soul... not life alone. Death, many deaths, I'll sing.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,455
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post

I Peggy Carter was the best in Captain America...
II Pepper was alright, tough woman and all but was slightly ruined in IM3...
III Gwen was solid in ASM, great chemistry.
(maybe) Maggie's Rachel, just because she was on the periphery to Bruce and was killed, for once someone had the balls to do that.
Peggy Carter was great. And Gwen. Rachel was unnecessary.

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #12
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 21,841
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Whaaaat? Pfeiffer's Catwoman was awesome, Bassinger's Vale was great, and Lois Lane is always winning.

You guys sound like you are eight year old boys in a tree house.

__________________
Feel like using the word "hyperbole"? Better check what it means!

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

.
Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is online now  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,455
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
You guys sound like you are eight year old boys in a tree house.
Eat my shorts!

But yeah, Basinger was great

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.
 
antsman41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,790
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

As a love interest; Selina was atrocious, minor one-off scenes. Only substantial scene was the dance... But, as Catwoman she was great as well as her 'mousy' Selina at Shreck's Office.

Bassinger was alright as a character but not a love interest. We have no reason why Bruce or Joker liked her, other than her being a female. Her main strengths were being a "reporter" and the audience's point-of-view.

Lois Lane was a joke in the originals outside of her being rough & tough. Adam's was a plus, but she became a damsel way too much in one film. Maybe they'll fix her more in the sequel but she's still not great. Smallville got her right (for the most part) and STAS really did... but they got to cheat being a tv show with 20x amount of time to flesh her out.

__________________
Gliding o'er all, through all... through nature, time, & space. As a ship on the waters advancing, the voyage of the soul... not life alone. Death, many deaths, I'll sing.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #15
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,844
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I might catch some flak for this, but I would've preferred to see Joss Whedon's take on Batman vs Superman. Sure some believe The Avengers and Marvel in general are too lighthearted and "popcorn", but the man knows how to nail two of the most important factors that will determine the success of this movie-Teamwork and Heart.

I want to see those epic moments that give you chills up your spine, like when the Avengers finally assembled. I'm not confident that Snyder and Goyer can deliver that.

And Whedon is as much of a comic book fan as Snyder, if not more. And he's a far superior director. He'd nail those character moments between Batman and Superman.








I actually think Snyder can get pretty chillworthy himself. But he needs the influence of someone greater to do so, IMHO. I think Ben's writing can really help in this category.

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 28,786
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Whedon's only done two films compared to Snyder's 6 so far. And TBH, as much as I loved Avengers, it looked like a generic big-budget TV film. That might be due in part to Whedon not evolving as a director yet and Seamus McGarvey's cinematography, which is a shame because McGarvey is an excellent DP.

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 5/6/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.
 
antsman41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,790
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Yeah... my biggest gripe was how 'ABC' the Shield headquarters felt at the beginning.

__________________
Gliding o'er all, through all... through nature, time, & space. As a ship on the waters advancing, the voyage of the soul... not life alone. Death, many deaths, I'll sing.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...
 
StarLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,789
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Whedon's only done two films compared to Snyder's 6 so far. And TBH, as much as I loved Avengers, it looked like a generic big-budget TV film. That might be due in part to Whedon not evolving as a director yet and Seamus McGarvey's cinematography, which is a shame because McGarvey is an excellent DP.
I really loved it too, but at times everything was just too polished and shiny for my liking.

StarLord is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #19
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,006
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Only three (maybe four0 female love interests have worked [to an extent] in what, over 100 some comicbook films.

I Peggy Carter was the best in Captain America...
II Pepper was alright, tough woman and all but was slightly ruined in IM3...
III Gwen was solid in ASM, great chemistry.
(maybe) Maggie's Rachel, just because she was on the periphery to Bruce and was killed, for once someone had the balls to do that.

That's why being wary about a love interest to Batman is a warranted issue. Not only is Bruce being forced into a Superman sequel, but we also have more important (Batman) characters to get first; Alfred, Gordon, and so forth.
Really? That's it?

The only one of those who was not a product of a Word Processor's copy and paste was Pepper Potts. I would say both versions of Selina Kyle run laps around the other three that you named above.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #20
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 67,310
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Whedon's only done two films compared to Snyder's 6 so far. And TBH, as much as I loved Avengers, it looked like a generic big-budget TV film. That might be due in part to Whedon not evolving as a director yet and Seamus McGarvey's cinematography, which is a shame because McGarvey is an excellent DP.
It's kinda weird, but honestly after looking at them both, I find Serenity more cinematic looking than The Avengers.

__________________
My Current Thoughts on the "All Things Superman/Batman" Thread:
1. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
2. Give Me News, Or Get the Hell Out.

Sawyer is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

i think serenity is also a better film

Project862006 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
Randal Graves
Side-Kick
 
Randal Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,442
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
It's kinda weird, but honestly after looking at them both, I find Serenity more cinematic looking than The Avengers.
I haven't watched Serenity in a long time, but I think I agree. Wasn't framed so much like an ABC show.

I thought MOS and Watchmen had plenty of "epic moments that give you chills".

__________________

Randal Graves is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #23
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider
 
Doctor Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On location with Spielberg
Posts: 31,003
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Rorschach's death to name one.

Also much of the Mars flashbacks. Snyder nailed that.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
If this was directed at me, I don't come here just to bad mouth the movie, I come here to discuss any new and relevant news. The new and relevant news just so happened to be ****.
Doctor Jones is online now  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #24
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

^exactly people act like Snyder is Michael bay

he constantly gets very good performances out of his actors and shoots very strong emotional scenes

Project862006 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #25
Randal Graves
Side-Kick
 
Randal Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,442
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Also much of the Mars flashbacks. Snyder nailed that.
All the Dr. Manhattan stuff is some of the best stuff in any comic book movie. "I feel fear for the last time." So good.

__________________

Randal Graves is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.