The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #51
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 7

Not bad for a fanmade.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #52
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Funny, I keep hearing people complain that MOS wasn't "fun" enough. Also, neither of those shots from Avengers looked like a TV movie, not buying it.
The first one does. The second one doesn't. I can kind of see where people are coming from when they say that, but honestly, I never once thought that it looked like a TV movie.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #53
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Funny, I keep hearing people complain that MOS wasn't "fun" enough. Also, neither of those shots from Avengers looked like a TV movie, not buying it.
The Avengers was shot in 1.85:1: which gives it a narrower, slightly more "boxed-in" sort of look. You don't get the usual wide-shots you would see in a blockbuster epic of that magnitude. It's really not that hard to notice.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #54
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
Not bad for a fanmade.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Funny. That's actually the most popular fan-made trailer yet. It's been making the rounds on a lot of sites.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #55
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also, neither of those shots from Avengers looked like a TV movie, not buying it.
It's not something people are trying to sell. I know we shouldn't assume from usernames but I'm guessing you're a fairly big fan of the movie. Which is cool, most people are. So am I.

But if the claim that it looked like a tv movie in certain areas (the Black Widow interrogation scene sticks out the most to me) is so prevalent in discussions, maybe, there's something to it. It shouldn't matter in the end because it's clear you don't think so. Only your opinion matters really.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #56
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
Also, neither of those shots from Avengers looked like a TV movie, not buying it.
Yeah, it's just baseless nerdpicking.

John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel
Old 09-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #57
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Avengers was better than MOS imo.
in most of the people here and IMO MOS IS way superior than avengers... we agree to disagree

Old 09-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #58
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Before anyone jumps me, I LOVED Avengers.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #59
Project862006
Banned User

so did i mos is just better !!

Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #60
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

In some ways. Overall? I'm not sure.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #61
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
I was complimenting the Hulk shot.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #62
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
The argument that Avengers looked like a TV movie is so absurd and ridiculous that it makes me laugh. It looked VERY cinematic. Serenity was the one that looked more TV like because it was the sequel to a TV show. Also, TA looks bright and shiny because that is the style, fun and optimistic, so complaining about that has no meaning. Also, Lois Lane was NOT a damsel in distress in MOS. Her needing to be saved made sense because of the situations that she found herself in and she played an integral role in the plot and defeating the Kryptonians.
Actually, the biggest plus of "Man of Steel" was that Lois was never endangered primarily through her stupidity, even when it would have been easy to do so. When Clark first rescues Lois she is wandering out at night in the artic without wearing enough layers. He rescues her using his heat vision. However it is not because she froze to death, but because she was attacked by an advanced guard robot. Next she nearly dies because her escape pod is shot, and last she is pushed out of the plane by a Super-powered being. Lois nearly dies because she is human, not because she is female.

In S:TM we have Lois as the one person who falls out of a helicopter. Why don't the others fall out, why only the woman? In MOS she is the one person saved in the kryptonian ship because she is the only person intrepid enough to be investigating at night in the arctic.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #63
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
In S:TM we have Lois as the one person who falls out of a helicopter. Why don't the others fall out, why only the woman?
Because it's customary for the damsel to be rescued by the big, hulking hero. It's precisely why she was the only one that fell out of the aircraft which crashed into the building. So Supes could swoop in and carry her in his arms.

The biggest triumph with this Lois is she wasn't made into a fool with the whole Clark/Superman identity thing. But let's not pretend she didn't end up in the same perilous situations of old. Her life was literally saved a whopping THREE times in one film. C'mon. That has to be a record.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #64
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I love Avengers and all of the MCU but DC's Universe is just so much more appealing to me. I much prefer the darker and more character focused stories and that it is more than just popcorn fun (which isn't a dig at all) that the MCU is. The tones are what sets them apart and it gives the DC films more appeal to me.

So I hope the eventual standalone films carry on the trend.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #65
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

So.....how about that BatFleck?

Old 09-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #66
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Yeah, it's just baseless nerdpicking.
It's not baseless though. The blocking and framing during scenes in The Avengers that didn't contain a significant amount of VFX shots were on par with how TV shows look, i.e., they're basically shot in a way to be more efficient and cost effective, or to show off some significant CG component as opposed to being shot in with more interesting, dynamic visual aesthetic in mind that embellishes the film's narrative. I can understand why some people might find it distracting, but I also don't think it's that big of an issue. I personally felt bits of The Avengers looked hilariously cheap for a film whose scope was grand and epic, but I also enjoyed the film for what its intent was.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #67
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
In some ways. Overall? I'm not sure.
This.

:o
Old 09-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #68
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Has anyone got a recent photo of what affleck looks like? I mean besides the one I saw in the "batman physique" thread where he's holding his daughter.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #69
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick

August 18

Old 09-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #70
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

I love how he's staying out of the media by not discussing his role publicly. Adds some mystery to it and builds up a sense of excitement. It will be even more spectacular if he nails the role without ever having engaged the crazy uproar.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #71
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
so did i mos is just better !!
This

Old 09-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #72
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
I love how he's staying out of the media by not discussing his role publicly. Adds some mystery to it and builds up a sense of excitement. It will be even more spectacular if he nails the role without ever having engaged the crazy uproar.
He'll be promoting a movie soon, so the secrecy will be short-lived.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #73
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
In S:TM we have Lois as the one person who falls out of a helicopter. Why don't the others fall out, why only the woman? In MOS she is the one person saved in the kryptonian ship because she is the only person intrepid enough to be investigating at night in the arctic.
In regards to S:TM both Lois and the pilot had their seat belts on. Lois unbuckled herself to climb out and falls.

As for Avengers vs MOS. I enjoyed Avengers but found that there was a bit too much joking IMO.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan

Last edited by roach; 09-03-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #74
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

RDJ is Hot Tenacious Crumb-eater. There I said it.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #75
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
The promotion for Runner Runner is coming up soon and I know he'll be bombarded with questions regarding Batman vs Superman.

Closed Thread