The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 10-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #101
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 1 "30 Days Without an Accident" Discussion Thre

hope daryl is not infected by shaking that kids hand!

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #102
Figs
Banned User

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 1 "30 Days Without an Accident" Discussion Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
The ign review nailed my theory on the new disease. Daryl ate the pig, infected Patrick when he shook his hand after sucking his fingers. Zombie Patrick kills and infects many others.
Which would mean Daryl is infected and will die soon.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #103
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I was really excited to see Kyle Gallner and Vincent Martella......

Old 10-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #104
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I was really excited to see Kyle Gallner and Vincent Martella......
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #105
HighFivingMF
Welp.

My theory of how it went down:

Daryl brought in a deer.
Vincent Martella ate the deer.
Some other people probably did too.
Vincent Martella shook Daryl's hand.
Daryl ate with that hand afterward.
Violet dies, possibly because of the disease.
Vincent Martella gets sick.
Possibly shows symptoms earlier because he's younger.
Vincent Martella dies. (Everybody haaaaates Chriiiiiiis)
That bleeding-eyes disease leads to a new breed of zombie that's been teased. There was also a bloody-eyed zombie they emphasized at the fence.

So within the next episode or so we should know which adults ate the TAINTED MEAT! And whether it carried over to Daryl or not.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #106
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

I really liked the premiere. Gimple seems like he has a great grasp of the these characters. The humor was a nice addition.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #107
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

Is this going to be on Amazon Instant Video? Anyone know?

Old 10-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #108
Agent Z
Side-Kick

Absolutely fantastic premiere episode. The walkers raining down through the ceiling was so damn inventive and scary! I was actually thinking that Beth's boyfriend might end up being a key villain later in the season, but,....OOPS!

Really liked Rick showing that he still has his humanity enough to possibly help the woman, but smart enough along the way to dig for red flags (i.e. the bit about the airport sculptures).

This was a strong episode from start to finish. The dialogue and characterizations felt natural, the pacing was great, and they gave us enough to piece together how the prison community has come along without beating us over the head with obvious updates.

I'm 0-2 in one episode: I pictured Carl's nerdy friend having a longer stay as well.

Man, what a creepy ending.

Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #109
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
Wasn't the actor that played Patrick the kid from Chris Rock's TV show Everybody Hates Chris from a few years ago? Greg I think?
Yup. But he's got another show now thats a lite bit more well known......

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #110
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Pretty decent episode. The best part was by far the walkers raining down through the ceiling of the department store.

I assume Michonne is still after The Governor because he killed Andrea. She wants revenge.

When Rick was going with that creepy woman to meet her husband, when she started going on about food and how they haven't eaten for days, I thought it was going to be the cannibals storyline from the comic.

The whole walker virus thing with Patrick is intriguing. If the pig died of it will we get a zombie pig?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #111
thalidomide
The Enemy

I already have a bad feeling about that guy who got trapped under the liquor shelve. Maybe he's the Gov's spy?

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #112
O_B_Juan
Your only hope

I can't wait until Carl puts his dad's hat back on!

O_B_Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #113
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Well the ign review suggested that Daryl infected Patrick when he shook his hand after sucking on his fingers. And Patrick only got sick after that occurred. Whatever Daryl was eating could have been infected, but it's just a theory at this point, but it would have a heavy impact on Daryl if he was the cause of Patrick's death. But I hope that's not the case as I like Daryl and don't want him to die lol.

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #114
ironman_rick
Side-Kick

My Take...... Among the 1st episodes of the 4 seasons i will rank this as number 3.

This is how i rank them.
1)Season 1 Epi 1
2)Season 3 Epi 1
3)Season 4 Epi 1
4)Season 2 Epi 1

The thing about the pig, patrick and the blood eyes walker..... well lets see how the writers play this out.

BTW, is it me or is tyrese not as strong as in the comics ? He kills walkers with his bare hands in the comics. But here.....he is as a little weak (the way he handled himself at the hypermarket). But i am glad he is getting some love though . Karen is one hot milf.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #115
thalidomide
The Enemy

I agree, tyresse is like a wimp in this episode, very different from the first time he was introduced in the show.

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #116
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
I already have a bad feeling about that guy who got trapped under the liquor shelve. Maybe he's the Gov's spy?
That's what I was thinking. Overall it was pretty good, this season sounds very promising so far. A prison virus, Michonne looking for the Governor, Eugene and Abraham being introduced etc.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #117
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I really liked this episode. It feels like in the hiatus they re-arranged all the pieces, gave a little more personality to some characters and their personal relationships, inyecting some much needed humor.
Don't know who is behind the show now, but I think it was a very positive improvement over last -for me, disappointing- season.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #118
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Trying to figure out what killed Patrick.
His lameness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Well, Kyle Gallner didn't last long.
He better up a better fight against Freddie Kruger

Old 10-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #119
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

I really enjoyed the the premiere, it was nice to have a slower paced episode. I'm of the mind this new virus is something animal spawned, maybe from exposure to all the rotting flesh everywhere. I'm banking on the deer meat killed Patrick.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #120
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

The whole walker virus thing with Patrick is intriguing. If the pig died of it will we get a zombie pig?
Mmmmmmmm, zombie bacon.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #121
Evelisse
Exactly

I'm not sure if Patrick was a Woodbury kid or what, but not sure how he's made it this far, basically I think he went to Storytime for the actual story, not knife training. He would have just annoyed me whenever he was on screen. He would have just got someone killed.

Evelisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #122
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Based on how soft he is considering how long the world's been in the grips of a zombie apocalypse, I'd guess Patrick was from Woodbury.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #123
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

I think it is something in the air although not necessarily a mutated zombie strain.

If it was tainted meat then why emphasize a zombie with the condition? Unless that zombie somehow infected the deer Daryl brought back (I assume he killed it himself so it wouldn't have been bit) it makes no sense.

If the strain has mutated and everyone has the virus already then it's only a matter of time before everyone mutates unless only certain people are susceptible. Maybe something in their blood or a weakness in their immune system.

Pigs are similar enough to humans to catch disease from us and vice versa but it still feels like a stretch to say it was the zombie virus mutating that killed the pig (which I assume also did not eat any deer meat).

That leaves some other kind of virus that's spreading which combined with the zombie virus causes these bleeding-eyed zombies. All these corpses festering for so long has no doubt created some kind of nasty disease that's infecting some people but we can't tell what vector it uses yet.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #124
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
He better not.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #125
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

The Walking Dead Season 4 Debuts with Record 16.1 Million Viewers

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...illion-viewers

Quote:
AMC’s The Walking Dead returned last night for its fourth season, delivering the highest ratings of any episode in series history. The season four premiere was watched by 16.1 million total viewers and 10.4 million adults aged 18-49. Last night’s ratings confirm The Walking Dead continues to be the #1 show on all of television among the coveted 18-49 demographic. 2013/14 season to date, last night’s premiere ranks as the #1 telecast in adults 18-49, outperforming all programs including primetime NFL football. With time-shifted playback, last night’s premiere should exceed 20 million viewers.
“Sincere thanks to the fans, who have welcomed The Walking Dead back for its fourth season with the highest-rated episode in the show's history,” said AMC President Charlie Collier. “We could not be more proud of this show and everyone on both sides of the camera who work so hard to give life to this story of character, leadership and survival. It starts with series creator, writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman, show runner and executive producer Scott Gimple and the director of last night’s episode (and the man behind the make-up) executive producer Greg Nicotero, their fellow executive producers and an extraordinary cast and crew who are giving their all every day. So clearly, thanks to them, the dead have never been more alive.”

The previous record for an episode of The Walking Dead was 12.4 million total viewers and 8.1 million viewers 18-49 for the season three finale.