The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 09-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 09-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I was trying to think of someone while replying and there aren't a whole lot of options, I guess if Benteke has a sophomore 20 goal season then he might be worth a look.
Possibly, I think he could try for Benzema again next summer.

Quote:
Whoops! :funny: I thought you flogged Bendtner to one of the Turkish clubs last summer?
Unfortunately, no. :csad:

Quote:
Ah I didn't realize Monreal played LB, for some reason I thought he was a RB.
I think he's a bit like Coentrao, i.e. he able at LB and LW, though not at CDM, lol. :oldrazz:

Quote:
No doubt, I tell ya man, that feeling when it becomes an actual reality is a sinking win, no matter how much we may have groaned at some of the choices they made.
I agree completely.

Quote:
I hope so too mate, he's the only real spark of hope we have when it comes to finally catching up with the modern switch to inside forwards.
I agree. He's also too good a talent to be wasted on the bench. If utilised correctly, he could prove to be a real asset for you.

Quote:
No one can, hell most were waiting for La Prof to crack 20M and he went straight through 40M. :funny:
Lol, yeah.. :funny:

Old 09-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #4
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Possibly, I think he could try for Benzema again next summer.
I know he's been a long time admirer of Benzema but he is a talent that I think has stagnated a bit.

Quote:
Unfortunately, no.
He's like that nugget in the bowl that just wont flush!

Quote:
I think he's a bit like Coentrao, i.e. he able at LB and LW, though not at CDM, lol.
Lol, ah well that's very useful. I'm still hoping we go back for Contreao, he's the ideal replacement for Evra.

Quote:
I agree. He's also too good a talent to be wasted on the bench. If utilised correctly, he could prove to be a real asset for you.
I'm hoping Mouyes sees this, I mean when you look at Everton he played with Pienaar and Mirralas in that inside forward role, so Kagawa can provide the same for him.

Quote:
Lol, yeah..
The old dog proves he still has new tricks!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
I'm hoping Mouyes sees this, I mean when you look at Everton he played with Pienaar and Mirralas in that inside forward role, so Kagawa can provide the same for him.
This. I really hope that Moyes hasn't played Kagawa because of that niggling injury he supposedly has, not because he doesn't have faith in him/his ability.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Looking forward to getting the internationals out the way so we can get back to PL football!

Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I was actually surprised Wenger didn't go after Gameiro when he was available. Seemed like his type of buy.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Well at last some good news, United have just announced that Nani has signed a new 5 year contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
This. I really hope that Moyes hasn't played Kagawa because of that niggling injury he supposedly has, not because he doesn't have faith in him/his ability.
I think he's in the Japan squad for their two games coming up so hopefully that means there is no injury and it's been a case of things settling in and Moyes using players he is more familiar with.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Ozil-sale.html

The Sun reporting Ronaldo pissed off at Ozil going & calling it an indirect attack on the Bale transfer. Sounds believable although I think we'd have had the same story even if it wasn't lol. Apparently Ozil has given him the most assists of any player in his career and understands his game & movements best.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Ugh.... Five more years of sporadic spurts of genius coated in constant screwing up of runs and selfish play.... Hope Moyes can get the guy to pass more often, rather than selfishly running the ball into the other teams defence...

Old 09-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Well at last some good news, United have just announced that Nani has signed a new 5 year contract.
What a difference a few days makes. Good news lol.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Smczo7Z9Z4

Some Ozil skills. I love his style of play. Those passes for the last goal in the video are brilliant.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #13
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Ozil-sale.html

The Sun reporting Ronaldo pissed off at Ozil going & calling it an indirect attack on the Bale transfer. Sounds believable although I think we'd have had the same story even if it wasn't lol. Apparently Ozil has given him the most assists of any player in his career and understands his game & movements best.
He should hand in a transfer request and come join him at arsenal j/k

Old 09-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Imagine Wenger signing Ronaldo in the next transfer window. He'd have to get his pimp suit out!

Old 09-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Was going to say the same thing..

Old 09-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know he's been a long time admirer of Benzema but he is a talent that I think has stagnated a bit.
Quite true, I used to rate him highly before, but have gone rather cold on him now. But if anyone could could unlock his talent and get him purring again, it's Le Prof, imo.

Quote:
He's like that nugget in the bowl that just wont flush!
Damn right he is.

Quote:
Lol, ah well that's very useful. I'm still hoping we go back for Contreao, he's the ideal replacement for Evra.
Yeah, I quite like him, though isn't he a bit suspect defensively?

Quote:
Agreed, I hope so too. Would love to see Kagawa flourish in your team. Do you see Van Persie and Rooney playing together in the same team long-term, or are they just for rotation?

Quote:
The old dog proves he still has new tricks!
I think this is as best time as any to break this out again...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I'm seeing the "this is our year status" on my Facebook again from Liverpool fans.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Bit early for that!

Although will be good to see if they step up another gear when Suarez returns to the team.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #19
Zeus
Side-Kick

Is Ozil debuting this weekend?

Old 09-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #20
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Is Ozil debuting this weekend?
I thought there was a break?

Old 09-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Internationals yeah.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

I f'n hate the international breaks..

Old 09-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #23
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
What a difference a few days makes. Good news lol.
Now if we can just sell Ashley Young and bring in another exciting wide attacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Quite true, I used to rate him highly before, but have gone rather cold on him now. But if anyone could could unlock his talent and get him purring again, it's Le Prof, imo.
Certainly possible but Benzema seems very tempremental and I've always wondered if he has the dedication. Still, as far as options go he is one of the best there is as the striker market is very narrow right now.

Quote:
Damn right he is.

Quote:
Yeah, I quite like him, though isn't he a bit suspect defensively?
Probably, most fullbacks are these days lol and he started out as a winger.

Quote:
Agreed, I hope so too. Would love to see Kagawa flourish in your team. Do you see Van Persie and Rooney playing together in the same team long-term, or are they just for rotation?
I want to see Kagawa play as the #10 behind RvP and Moyes has said Rooney may have to settle for rotating with RvP, but I still think we lack energy in CM and therefore Rooney will mainly play behind RvP because of his usefulness in tracking back and helping our slow central midfield.

Quote:
I think this is as best time as any to break this out again...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Vintage Wenger!

Old 09-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #24
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Certainly possible but Benzema seems very tempremental and I've always wondered if he has the dedication. Still, as far as options go he is one of the best there is as the striker market is very narrow right now.
I agree. However, I've heard that Real offered Benzema to Wenger on two occassions this summer, but Le Prof rejected them both times.

Quote:
I think we're going to need a couple of Haitch's sledgehammer's and shovel's for this one.

Quote:
Probably, most fullbacks are these days lol and he started out as a winger.
Yeah, true. Except for Cashley Cole.

Quote:
I want to see Kagawa play as the #10 behind RvP and Moyes has said Rooney may have to settle for rotating with RvP, but I still think we lack energy in CM and therefore Rooney will mainly play behind RvP because of his usefulness in tracking back and helping our slow central midfield.
Yeah, I'd like to see that, but I get what you mean about having to play Rooney there.

Quote:
Vintage Wenger!

Old 09-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #25
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Wow, never knew Wenger had those skills! Would have done a better job than 86m Gareth Bale for Madrid press conference lol.

Can Kagawa, Rooney & VP all play together?

Closed Thread