The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #351
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

So great performance from Arsenal tonight for the 2-0 and looks like Chelsea are 4-0 up away to Steau Bucharest.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #352
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I hate Barcelona.
Don't we all?

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 10-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #353
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Has Etoo woken up yet?

And do you have any expectations for Torres this season?
Sadly, unless Eto'o nicks some of Ryan Gigg's stash of go faster pills, I think his best days are behind him. I can see he still has skills, but he is lacking in pace, he hasn't improved so far in that regard, and that's never good for a striker.

Torres? I don't know. Whenever he starts looking good again he either goes back into his listless shell or something else happens to bugger him up (got injured early on tonight for example).

To win the title you really need a front man good for 20 plus goals.

I think the only we had that looked a good bet for that got loaned out....

Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #354
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Sadly, unless Eto'o nicks some of Ryan Gigg's stash of go faster pills, I think his best days are behind him. I can see he still has skills, but he is lacking in pace, he hasn't improved so far in that regard, and that's never good for a striker.

Torres? I don't know. Whenever he starts looking good again he either goes back into his listless shell or something else happens to bugger him up (got injured early on tonight for example).

I think the only we had that looked a good bet for that got loaned out....:csad:
Well I still think he will get 20 goals, it will just be for Everton rather than Chelsea, which is perfectly fine by me .

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #355
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Well I still think he will get 20 goals, it will just be for Everton rather than Chelsea, which is perfectly fine by me .
Lol, yeah, I can see him getting 20 plus for Everton.

On this, apparently (if the rumour mill is to be beleived) it wasn't Jose's call to loan him out. Allegedly one of the wheeler dealers who handles our signings decided it was good business to make a few million from the loan as we'd just bought Eto'o in, and Lukaku (in their eyes) was destined to spend much of the season warming the bench.

If true, what a ###king moron

Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #356
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, Arsenal have bought a 40m plus player who has looked worth every penny. And in Ramsey another player has emerged who looks like he'll soon be worth that kind of cash!

Looks like Ramsey is continuing for now. Arsenal really need to keep those 2 fit as well as Giroud until Podolski gets fit at least.
They were superb tonight, I mean Arsenal as a team were very good but Ozil and Ramsey just ran the show, you can just see the confidence flowing from them right now.

That's the one issue they have, if Giroud goes down they don't have another #9 with Podolski injured. When I saw Bendtner warming up on Saturday as it looked like Giroud had a strain I could almost hear VP yelling at the telly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
I saw a statistic the other day regarding Everton & I can't find it quite at the moment but I'll keep an eye out for it, however it was something ridiculous like at this same stage last season Everton had played something like 100 less long balls last season at the same stage, than they had this season. Maybe not as high as that, but it was something along those lines. Different isn't always better.
Despite what the stats might say I am sure AVEITWITHJAMON will back me up on saying Everton are playing attractive and progressive football this season, more so than they did under Moyes.
Quote:
There's a big difference though in my opinion when you compare Pellegrini's team(s) style in comparison to Mancini's team(s) style. Pellegrini will actually be more fitting to Manchester City's squad given that the majority of them come from playing in a league were things are played differently than they are here.

However when you compare Moyes & Ferguson, I don't feel the differences in style or shape of the team would be that different. Both of them like their wide men & they like crosses pumped into the box at every chance. The biggest difference is now Moyes is working with a better squad of players than he was at Everton.
Well firstly this is why we never should have went for Moyes, he's not gonna take us forward and move into the modern style of play, however as far as liking width, he got that from his fullbacks with Pienaar and Mirralas tucked inside to link with the forwards, I thought he'd use that hear and Kagawa would benefit, but he has hasn't, he's stuck with the two most basic touchline huggers in the league for the bulk of our games.

Quote:
Starting Jones at fullback is starting to annoy me, Ferguson did it & Hodgson has done it on occasion for England when he has perfectly good RB's available. Phil Jones is a centre back. At a push, he is a defensive midfielder that basically tackles & plays it short & simple. He isn't a fullback because he isn't good enough on the ball, nor does he have the stamina to get up & down the line for 90 mins. We are actually hurting his progression I feel by playing him there. Chris Smalling as well, he is a CB, not a RB, although he is a little more accustomed to the RB role I feel.

Even with this all being said, I disagree, I think even if we'd put out 3 U18's into our first team we should really have been beating West Brom comfortably, particularly at home.
Jones and Smalling both need a run at CB as I agree all this chopping and changing is not helping with their development, we risk turning them into John O'shea.

We'll have to agree to disagree, West Brom are not a bad side and I don't think any teams fear us now Fergie has gone and we have replaced him with a run of the mill steady Eddie. We need to field consistent strong line-ups that respect the opposition IMO.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #357
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

I think the only we had that looked a good bet for that got loaned out....
Also pace was a big part of Eto'o's game so that's a shame. This partnership a number of years ago would have been absolutely world class. So who are your reserve strikers?

Old 10-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #358
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
They were superb tonight, I mean Arsenal as a team were very good but Ozil and Ramsey just ran the show, you can just see the confidence flowing from them right now.

That's the one issue they have, if Giroud goes down they don't have another #9 with Podolski injured. When I saw Bendtner warming up on Saturday as it looked like Giroud had a strain I could almost hear VP yelling at the telly!
Haha, can't imagine what's going through his mind when he sees that. Wouldn't be surprised if both Rooney & VP fancied the move across/back now lol.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:52 AM   #359
DrRocket
Side-Kick

Even though I support Liverpool, I always liked arsenal and I hope they win the league this season (Liverpool is not there yet). With ozil I think they have a decent chance. Now maybe arsene will spend some more money now that he has seen what 40 million can get you.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #360
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I think it proves what everyone could see that you need a combination of Wenger's excellent work with youth with proven world class experience. That way the likes of a Ramsey gets the benefit of working with an Ozil and all that potential has a real chance of converting to silverware rather than just good seasons coming off 2nd best and those Ramseys don't leave 5/6 years later when they are about to reach their peak because they see the club losing its best player every year and never having quite enough.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #361
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Haha, can't imagine what's going through his mind when he sees that. Wouldn't be surprised if both Rooney & VP fancied the move across/back now lol.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #362
kit1982
Side-Kick

I've never really been a big Ramsey fan, he always seemed to shirk responsibility but I have to say the guy got his head down this summer, worked his arse off by all accounts and now he looks world class. As big a difference as Ozil made since that loss to Spurs last year there seems to have been a new attitude at Arsenal, they work their knackers off and can fight it out with the more physical sides. At the moment there as good to watch as when Henry, Ljungberg and Pires were tearing the league up.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #363
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Can you imagine if Arsenal in January went out and got another striker and CB? I think they would be favorites for the league at that point.

Also, to add to my hate for Barcelona, its good to see Neymar has progressed so well in the Sergio Busquets School for Drama.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #364
Zeus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Can you imagine if Arsenal in January went out and got another striker and CB? I think they would be favorites for the league at that point.

Also, to add to my hate for Barcelona, its good to see Neymar has progressed so well in the Sergio Busquets School for Drama.
I really was pulling for Celtic to at least draw, but that stupid red flag cost them too.

It would be very un-Wenger like to get another CB and ST. If they do, then things will be very interesting. I think they have to look at getting them if they make it out of the UCL group stage.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #365
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I want to say something encouraging here but can't think of anything right now.

Maybe they'll perform in Europe tonight like they did against Leverkusen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
I've never really been a big Ramsey fan, he always seemed to shirk responsibility but I have to say the guy got his head down this summer, worked his arse off by all accounts and now he looks world class. As big a difference as Ozil made since that loss to Spurs last year there seems to have been a new attitude at Arsenal, they work their knackers off and can fight it out with the more physical sides. At the moment there as good to watch as when Henry, Ljungberg and Pires were tearing the league up.
At the start of yesterday's match they looked every bit as good. Although of course we'll have to see if they can keep it up over a long period of time. The Invincibles were stronger all round though.

Quote:

Definitely would be favourites with those 2 extra players. Not by a huge amount though as City in particular and Chelsea have the squads to go on a huge run later in the season.

And no surprise with Neymar. Dramatic talents are the main focus of the job interview when signing for Barcelona.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #366
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

I still can't believe this guy actually plays for us. And I still can't believe we managed to bring in a WC player, rather than see one leave.

By all accounts, Wenger still wants to bring in a WC striker, and is already looking for an eventual sucessor/replacement for Arteta.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #367
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Wenger isn't dumb. This is his best chance to win something in a while (Well discounting that Carling Cup Final from a couple of years ago). He needs to strike while the iron is hot and spend now.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #368
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post

I still can't believe this guy actually plays for us. And I still can't believe we managed to bring in a WC player, rather than see one leave.

By all accounts, Wenger still wants to bring in a WC striker, and is already looking for an eventual sucessor/replacement for Arteta.
Pre 2013/2014 Wenger was a different animal. Now we'll have post 2013/2014 Wenger-On-Steroids!! He's gonna rule the world!

Old 10-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #369
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

No Rooney for Utd tonight............

Old 10-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #370
Zeus
Side-Kick

When was the last time the soccer world cared about Wayne Rooney?

Old 10-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #371
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

He's been one of Utd's best players this season so far. Not that that's saying much!

Old 10-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #372
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Good goal by Ribery but bad keeping by Hart to put Bayern 1-0 against City after 6/7 mins.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #373
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Welbeck has the worst ****ing touch in football. Andy Carroll has a better first touch.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #374
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
When was the last time the soccer world cared about Wayne Rooney?
Haha. Its funny because you have all these managers in the world talking about him and how he would be a great addition to their clubs but no one tries to buy him.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #375
Zeus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Haha. Its funny because you have all these managers in the world talking about him and how he would be a great addition to their clubs but no one tries to buy him.
Lol, I'd take him on Arsenal...But probably not at what Man U wants to sell him for.

Wayne although a very solid player probably has run his course at Old Trafford, what do most fans of the team think?

Closed Thread