The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #551
Van Petrol
Meatloaf Haitch!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Well, excellent work. This needs to go into the Arsenal constitution!

Quote:
This would make sense. Would like to see what he could do in the PL.
Yeah, though Le Proff may think he is too similar to Giroud to actually go for him.

Quote:
Walcott is nowhere near Ozil & Ramsey at the moment. When did he start thinking he was the main man at the Emirates? He's never been that and I thought he was still just fighting to be a permanent regular starter.
He's always seemed to have that aura about him since Van Persie left, as of the class that left he seems to be the only one still here and thinks he is of that sort of calibre, when he is anything but.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Last night during the England vs Poland game the commentator said that Guaridola has apparently cooled on Lewandwoski so if there's an opening I could see Wenger going for him.
I'd be very surprised if Le Proff isn't interested, considering he'd be on a free. Unless of course he knows he is set on going somewhere else.

Quote:
I imagine the arrival of Ozil has maybe let some air out of Walcott's balloon and I could see Wenger viewing him more as an impact sub this season, which could see Walcott want to leave, and that would be your cue to drive down to The Emirates and offer him a lift.
I agree, that and Ramsey coming into his own again. Lol, I'd be happy to offer to drag him in a carriage if that were the case.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #552
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
My understanding of the situation is that he is in a similar situation to Phil Jones, while Koke has played at CM, RB, LW, RW for club & country it's widely recognized that CM is his home & where he will end up settling in the same sense that Phil Jones is known to have a long term future at CB as opposed to RB & CDM.

If I recall correctly I believe I'd seen Xavi play as a RM on several occasions when he was coming up & in his early 20's as well. This was when Barcelona, also ironically, at that time had deep CM with the likes of Motta, Cocu, Riquelme & Mendieta to name a few.
Here's the thing for me, I'm not saying I wouldn't want us to sign him, but as we've seen just from doing some reading he is far from an established CM. So if we bought him I wouldn't want that to be it for midfield, we need someone who is a proven top quality CM to partner Carrick IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
It would really affect pace-reliant player like Owen (probably already did) & Walcott. Those kind of players aren't suited to playing far into their 30s while guys like Sheringham whose game is more focused around their football brain than physical abilities tend to not get much worse as they age.
Walcott will definitely be in trouble when the pace goes as the rest of his game is so ordinary. A good football brain is a very important attribute if you want longevity, physical abilities alone only take you so far.

Quote:
Yeah, really it must be mentally very difficult when you know you are permanently worse than you were probably through no fault of your own (unlike Gazza's tackle for eg) even if you are still among the world's best. You may have been able to be the best.

Rooney's talent is so rare in English players. I really hope he can deliver on all that promise he showed for the country as a 16 year old before his time is up.
It's funny how high expectations for Rooney were/are, I mean he's not far off becoming the all time leading scorer for England but most feel he's not been as good at international level as required. I'd put that more in the context of the fact he hasn't delivered at a World Cup or Euros since he was a kid, that can't be denied, he has delivered in qualification for us though IMO.

Quote:
Many other leagues have a smaller number of clubs who have dominated for a longer time. I really think the PL is (or at least has become) different and it was only Fergie's X-factor that distorted natural competition. Moyes is ideal for neutrals as he should still be good enough to keep Utd at the level of the other big clubs without being totally dominant.
I keep forgetting when the PL is on a break that Fergie is no longer United manager, then I turn the game on, on Saturday and sees Moyes there looking lost in our dugout.

Quote:
I think the 1st opportunity has come and gone. Who knows why he didn't sell earlier. He's now been with the club through a relegation, subsequent promotion and a couple of good seasons before returning to mediocrity again. Either before all that or after those good seasons following a relegation would have been the time to sell if he really wanted out. Maybe he likes the abuse!
It's a strange one, didn't he try to sell pretty early on but the price he wanted put potential buyers off? Since then he has invested quite well into the side but he does other things that make it look like he's sabotaging his mangers from within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I'd be very surprised if Le Proff isn't interested, considering he'd be on a free. Unless of course he knows he is set on going somewhere else.
So it could be Le Proff vs The Special One vs FM's #1 Fan Perez for the signature of Lewandowski in the summer?

Quote:
I agree, that and Ramsey coming into his own again. Lol, I'd be happy to offer to drag him in a carriage if that were the case.
I heard Ramsey as the best player on the pitch against a talent filled Belgian side the other night, he really seems to have found that level he looked destined for before his inury. Haha! Even piggyback him there?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #553
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Adnan Januzaj has signed a new 5 year contract with United! *Breathes sigh of relief*

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #554
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Thank **** for that...

Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #555
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

took a chance and put 10 bucks on a couple of footie games, liverpool let me down in the first game

Old 10-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #556
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Classic Danny Welbeck

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #557
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

holy crap, what a goal by Ramsey,such composure.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #558
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Danny Welbeck has the worst first touch in football.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #559
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Another couple of points down the drain. There was all this talk of United now entering an "easier" run of 5 fixtures with a maximum 15 points a very realistic possibility, so far we have taken 4 from the 9 on offer.

I didn't see the game but to absolutely no one's surprise at all apparently we once again were weak in midfield and that started the problems, then Moyes compounded it with baffling substitutions.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #560
Van Petrol
Meatloaf Haitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
holy crap, what a goal by Ramsey,such composure.
The first goal was tiki-taka personified.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #561
Van Petrol
Meatloaf Haitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
So it could be Le Proff vs The Special One vs FM's #1 Fan Perez for the signature of Lewandowski in the summer?
Possibly, lol, but I'm not sure if Le Proff really wants him, tbh. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
I heard Ramsey as the best player on the pitch against a talent filled Belgian side the other night, he really seems to have found that level he looked destined for before his inury. Haha! Even piggyback him there?
Yeah, I'm glad he has seemingly been able to find his mojo again after that horrifiic injury. Lol, only if he promises to actually do one..

Old 10-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #562
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I just don't understand Moyes' tactics.... Rooney for Smalling?

Old 10-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #563
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

i'm not even surprised anymore. 20 minutes to go only 1-0 up quick throw on the 40 year old

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 10-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #564
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Utd still dropping points! At home & with both RVP & Rooney in the team. It shows how much magic Fergie had that he was so dominant even with teams like this. His bad runs never went on this long.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #565
kit1982
Side-Kick

Now we all now I ain't the biggest fan of tippy tappy football.....but Dat Wilshire Goal !

I never really rated Moyes as a manager, but I never thought it'd be this bad. I'm only in my late twenty's so seeing United sitting back and hanging onto a one goal lead at Old Trafford is completely alien to me. I know Januzaj's a cracking talent, but the fact he seems to be the only thing keeping anyone at United positive speaks volumes to me.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #566
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Old 10-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #567
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Damn, I haven't seen Match of the Day but this is amazing!

Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #568
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

^^^ That was a fantastic goal and the other 3 were pretty damn good as well. I was impressed with Giroud's contribution, he's becoming more than just a target man, and Ramsey is just soaring right now, even had Hansen throwing in a Zidane comparison and anyone who is old enough to remember Euro 2000 knows how much Hansen worships Zidane.

Quote:
Possibly, lol, but I'm not sure if Le Proff really wants him, tbh. We'll have to wait and see.
The Mirror are carrying a story saying you and City are going to try for him in January, I can't think why City would need him when they have 2 quality strikers and a decent back up already there.

Yeah, I'm glad he has seemingly been able to find his mojo again after that horrifiic injury. Lol, only if he promises to actually do one.. [/QUOTE]

Me too as he was looking great when he got hurt, but I never saw him hitting these levels in truth, great stuff. Lol well on MOTD they seem to think he's gonna be back in the starting 11 when he returns but I dunno, you're playing so well right now Wenger wont shake things up needlessly IMO.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #569
B
[insert witty comment]

Poor game today, not so much the performance was poor more so the result. The game was too open, neither us nor Southampton ever had any control over the game, it was pretty much end to end stuff. Which isn't the sort of thing I want to be seeing when we are playing a team like Southampton. We needed to take control of game.

While Southampton aren't a poor side, they are an average one that we should be beating particularly at home. It wasn't for the want of trying, on another day we could have scored 3 or 4.. however the same could be said for Southampton who had a few decent efforts.

Gotta feel bad for Moyes, he fielded the sort of team fans have been calling out for.. minus of course Kagawa & still can't get any play time annoyingly for some reason. He was let down badly by Nani who was a complete passenger for the game until he was hauled off & rightly so. Although pleasingly Januzaj had a strong afternoon, he looks like he has the makings of being a future number 7 if he can continue to improve & put in strong performances against bigger & better sides, although Southampton are no pushovers.

We are 8 points off the pace, however all the teams above us still have to essentially play each other, I feel we are suffering from a similar problem to what Everton suffered for 9 of the 10 seasons of Moyes reign. People have commented on how draining his training schedules were/are & it's attributed as being one of the reasons Everton were slow starters but strong finishers. If that is the case, we will need to stay within a maximum of 12 points before the turn of the year if we want to stay in contention.

Even moreso than staying in contention, I want us to stay within touching distance because I don't want to see more Fellaini like panic buys in January.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #570
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Bloody hell....

Old 10-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #571
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Ramsey's goal was also bloody good. Wow, must be a lot of fun watching Arsenal at the Emirates at the moment. (I've got a ticket for the home match against Liverpool).

Old 10-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #572
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Biblical team goal.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #573
Van Petrol
Meatloaf Haitch!

Old 10-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #574
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

How old is Ramsey again?

Old 10-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #575
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
This is the bit that had Hansen marking out and making the Zidane comparisons.

Closed Thread