The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #651
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Good game here (Chelsea City). 1-1 now after Aguero equaliser. Can't call it at moment.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #652
Grommers
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

It looks like it should remain a draw, but possibly 2-2 if I were to guess.

Really unfortunate if only one goal for each side is scored in this game.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #653
kit1982
Side-Kick

Joe Hart yet again with a clanger, why in the world you would come charging out in the 90th minute I'll never know.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #654
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Yeah. Good win for Chelsea though. These were the 2 preseason favourites.

League's getting interesting.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #655
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Joseph with another BrainHart!

Both teams had good spells in the match and it was pretty even for the last 25 minutes with both looking like they could nick it. Torres and Aguero had excellent games up top for their respective sides but Torres missed another sitter at a point where Chelsea could have put the screws to City.

I think Chelsea look a strong all round unit and I continue to be impressed with Oscar. the one weakness to me is that Ramires needs a partner other than Lampard in midfield. I also find it strange that Mourinho doesn't use Azpilicueta and keeps Ivanovic at RB even though I think he's Chelsea's best CB.

I'm not sure what to make of City, they really don't look a lot different under Pellegrini than they were under Mancini as far as the style of football they play goes, it's not this free flowing attacking football I was expecting.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #656
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

How the hell is Hart the England First choice keeper?

Old 10-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #657
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Name someone better lol.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #658
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Name someone better lol.
my granny

the old bat caught everything going

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 10-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #659
bapi
Side-Kick

Hopefully we'll make Top4 but I'm not sure...

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 10-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #660
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'm not sure what to make of City, they really don't look a lot different under Pellegrini than they were under Mancini as far as the style of football they play goes, it's not this free flowing attacking football I was expecting.
Have to agree with that, for all I've heard the media swooning about players like Dzeko being happier the football seems much as it did last season and lightyears away from the stuff in the title winning season. For all that talent take Aguero out of that side and I'm not sure where the goals would come from.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #661
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Yeah I actually had that thought today. It really does seem for all the talent they brought in, they don't really seem that much better than they did last season.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #662
Grommers
Side-Kick

Pellegrini needs a little bit of time to really get firing..

I don't think man city deserved to lose, and that wasn't just poor from Joe hart, but the dude defending. (forget who it was.)

Really the guy headed it back wayyyyyyy too much, with no idea where the keeper was. He could have easily headed it away...how do you send a perfect through ball to there striker?

Joe Hart misread it wrong, I agree, but so did the CB. That's two massive blunders, and an unfortunate event. However glad for torres, he looks much happier this season than in past.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #663
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #664
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Have to agree with that, for all I've heard the media swooning about players like Dzeko being happier the football seems much as it did last season and lightyears away from the stuff in the title winning season. For all that talent take Aguero out of that side and I'm not sure where the goals would come from.
His football seems every bit as cautious as Mancini's to me, not like the stuff his Villareal side played. Aguero has been the difference maker in much the way Rooney and RvP have been for United, not enough goals coming in from the rest of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grommers View Post
Pellegrini needs a little bit of time to really get firing..

I don't think man city deserved to lose, and that wasn't just poor from Joe hart, but the dude defending. (forget who it was.)

Really the guy headed it back wayyyyyyy too much, with no idea where the keeper was. He could have easily headed it away...how do you send a perfect through ball to there striker?

Joe Hart misread it wrong, I agree, but so did the CB. That's two massive blunders, and an unfortunate event. However glad for torres, he looks much happier this season than in past.
I think Hart is completely to blame, he comes charging out when all he had to do was stand his ground and let Nastasic nod it back to him, instead he came flying out and left Nastasic with nowhere to go as he was on top of him before he had a chance to head the ball elsewhere.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #665
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I wonder why Pellegrini refused to shake Mourinho's hand, he doesn't seem the childish type.

I also see Andros Townsend got knocked out today when he crashed into a photographer, looks pretty nasty from the pics.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #666
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

City already had a decent squad for all positions. Improving on that means bringing in the very best and guys like Fernandinho don't seem any better than a David Silva or Yaya Toure.

This season is really shaping up to be exciting with many contenders for the title and the top 4 like I always expected the PL would be (but for some reason never has been). Arsenal are setting the early pace but Giroud & Ozil pick up injures & they'll be worrying about top 4 too. I have no idea where the top 6 are going to finish any more. I'd expect Spurs, Liverpool assuming this form doesn't continue for the whole season or now Utd might be the ones to miss out on top 4 but at the same time any of those could finish say 2nd. City without Aguero also might struggle despite being favourites before the season started.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #667
kit1982
Side-Kick

I think Pellegrini refused because of Mourinho's celebrations....which is very odd unless Jose running up and getting in Pellegrini's face I can't see a problem.

As for whose fault it was, it's 100% Harts. The first rule of goalkeeping is if you're going to come off your line you have to get there or at least take everyone with you. It was obvious from the get go what Nastasic was going to get there first and what he was going to do, his body shape was straight on so there's no way he was going to leave it or that he's heading it out. Hart's never been commanding of his area and this just sort of confirms that.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #668
bapi
Side-Kick

Hart made this mistake against Villa and CSKA too. Only Aguero (10 goals + 4 assists in 11 games) and Silva (created more chances than any other player in EPL) are doing very well this season. Our defenders + Hart are shocking and we conceded 11 goals but 6 of them in last 20 minutes.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 10-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #669
kit1982
Side-Kick

ooo I forgot all about the Andy Weimann goal never mind the Tosic one, good shout bapi! Where do you think it's going wrong? Is it the managers selection? Tactics? or the players generally not pulling their weight? There's far and away too much quality in that squad to be putting in these sorts of performances.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #670
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
ooo I forgot all about the Andy Weimann goal never mind the Tosic one, good shout bapi! Where do you think it's going wrong? Is it the managers selection? Tactics? or the players generally not pulling their weight? There's far and away too much quality in that squad to be putting in these sorts of performances.
To be honest... I don't know. In the end it's manager's fault, I think. Under Mancini we had the best defence in EPL. Now they're like some clowns. And we don't play better football than we did 2 years ago.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 10-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #671
B
[insert witty comment]

Defensively City were all over the place yesterday, Kompany is a big miss for City when they don't play. 60% of the time I'd say they have the attacking players to mask the weakness, but when he doesn't play in big games against better teams, they lose alot of leadership at the back & when they are put under pressure they look quite nervy.. and right they should be with Joe Hart behind them. In some respects, their defense is similar to our midfield, when under minimal pressure, it's fine & they can cope, but when they are put under pressure & particularly without Kompany, they look vulnerable & their for the picking.

It's crazy that I actually had people tell me last year that England (& City) finally had a world class goalkeeper in Joe Hart. I said it then & I'll say it again now, Joe Hart shouldn't be talked about in the same breath as the likes of Neuer, Cech, Buffon, (to a lesser extent at the moment) Casillas. Speaking of Casillas he could be a target for City come January or next summer if Joe Hart continues to prove unreliable & he continues to struggle for games at Madrid.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #672
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
I think Pellegrini refused because of Mourinho's celebrations....which is very odd unless Jose running up and getting in Pellegrini's face I can't see a problem.
Mouhinho talked about that after the game: He said he run up into the stand behind the City Bench as that's where his son has a season ticket and he wanted to celebrate with him (I don't think he could quite get to him because of all the other fans). He apologised to City if they took any offence to that (he was obviously aware Pelligrini had declined a handshake, though he didn't mention that), but it wasn't done to deliberately piss them off.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #673
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I definitely think you need another quality striker as even though you only use one you need at least 3 options in the squad, but I guess Podolski could cover as the 3rd option? I just think if you drop 40M on a striker then Giroud will become disillusioned with all the bench time, it's very hard to balance the single striker role that's why even Real only have 2 and 1 of those is Morata, a youth team product.
I agree. Tbh, although Giroud has been fantastic and has contributed a lot to our build up play, I still wouldn't put him in the WC bracket as he's just not clinical enough for me. If we could've manged to get Ozil and Suarez in the summer we could possibly be quite ahead right now. I'm not at all bothered by Giroud's nose being put out of joint by the arrival of another (hopefully WC) option.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #674
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I agree. Tbh, although Giroud has been fantastic and has contributed a lot to our build up play, I still wouldn't put him in the WC bracket as he's just not clinical enough for me. If we could've manged to get Ozil and Suarez in the summer we could possibly be quite ahead right now. I'm not at all bothered by Giroud's nose being put out of joint by the arrival of another (hopefully WC) option.
Giroud has been awesome for a Giroud. He's been 10/10 Giroud which is about 8/10 elsewhere. His form has probably made the most difference to Arsenal's fortunes being in the key position without any competent replacements for the moment. But a Suarez giving you a 9/10 in the same position would probably have been worth an extra 2 or 3 points by now and probably 7 or 8 over the course of the season. Giroud performs as a great cog in the current Arsenal system but he isn't the instigator of the success creating a lot by himself that a true world class striker might bring. I can understand him being disappointed when that guy arrives as he's done everything asked of him and more but that's just the way of the world unless he somehow unlocks some true world class potential of his own.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #675
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Giroud has been awesome for a Giroud. He's been 10/10 Giroud which is about 8/10 elsewhere. His form has probably made the most difference to Arsenal's fortunes being in the key position without any competent replacements for the moment. But a Suarez giving you a 9/10 in the same position would probably have been worth an extra 2 or 3 points by now and probably 7 or 8 over the course of the season. Giroud performs as a great cog in the current Arsenal system but he isn't the instigator of the success creating a lot by himself that a true world class striker might bring. I can understand him being disappointed when that guy arrives as he's done everything asked of him and more but that's just the way of the world unless he somehow unlocks some true world class potential of his own.
Funny thing is, he doesn't seem phased by the potential arrival of a WC attacking option, and rathered welcomed the possibility. He himself stated during the summer that he wished Suarez could have joined us.

Closed Thread