The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #851
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Spurs took an absolute mauling. 6-0 to the Blue mancs.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #852
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Wow, that's ridiculous.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #853
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
We have a slight chance we've moved into the last play off spot after beating that fake club MK Dons today 3-2. We only got promoted last season from League 2 so it's all about consolidating our status in this division for a couple of seasons.
Sounds right. Does MK Dons have many fans? What a weird club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I was impressed with Barkley today, he was playing deeper than he has for most of the season and really helped drive Everton forward from midfield. Classic derby overall and Mignolet made some good saves in the second half, but I think Lukakau and Deulofeu should have done more with the clear cut opportunities.
Wonder how good Barkley will get. England regular one day? I haven't seen him play enough.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #854
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Sounds right. Does MK Dons have many fans? What a weird club.

They do in and around their catchment area but no traditional club should or does like them. They're basically a franchise. Frankly I don't know how they continue to keep Dons in their title. The old Wimbledon were the Dons and AFC Wimbledon come from the ashes of the old club.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #855
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Hulls owners have offered to refund season ticket fans just because they are adding Tigers to their name. Fans can be really touchy about the most minor of things.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #856
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Am I the only one underwhelmed by most of United's youth products? Cleverley has been horrendous today. He makes Fellaini look world class next to him and the less said about Welbeck the better.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #857
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

****ing wankers. seriously what the hell was that

wellbeck can pack his bags and get the hell out of manchester

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 11-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #858
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

It really seems like Cardiff is going to be one of those teams that are going to be a thorn in the side of the top clubs. Well deserved point for them. I personally feel like United should have sealed this one up early on with some better finishing.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #859
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I don't like Man united but Moyes is playing and instilling the same tactics he did with Everton to United and he can't do that. At Everton his first objective was not to get beat and then look for a win. In Europe he'll get slaughtered by the big teams and better coaches.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #860
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
I don't like Man united but Moyes is playing and instilling the same tactics he did with Everton to United and he can't do that. At Everton his first objective was not to get beat and then look for a win. In Europe he'll get slaughtered by the big teams and better coaches.
sod Europe in the premier league it will happen. the man does not have the right mentality for united.

i've always said united should have in they're blood. you score 2 we'll score 3.

with the way the game has progressed going for defensive and trying to steal a win will always bite you had in the ass

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 11-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #861
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
sod Europe in the premier league it will. the man does not have the right mentality for united.

i've always said united should have in they're blood. you score 2 we'll score 3.

with the way the game has progressed going for defensive and trying to steal a win will always bite you had in the ass

I agree against the better premier league teams you guys will struggle but there are enough crap teams in the league for you to get more than enough points to get a champions league spot.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #862
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

When I stopped checking Utd were 2-1 up. They're just dropping points too regularly.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #863
kit1982
Side-Kick

Finally saw the Merseyside derby, great game for the neutral although if I were a red scouser I'd be very upset about that Mirallas assault on Suarez. Now I know I was very unkind about Jordan Henderson last week, well after the match I have reconsidered my opinion....Henderson is a world beater in comparison to Joe Allen!

Old 11-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #864
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
When I stopped checking Utd were 2-1 up. They're just dropping points too regularly.
Cardiff equalised in the 90th minute. But still after that Rooney had a chance to set up Wellbeck and win it for them and f****d it up.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #865
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Rooney should have been sent off today, in case you didn't know Martin Tyler thought he'd mention it 50 ****ing times on commentary.

We didn't deserve anything really if you take that red into consideration, over the actual game we probably did enough for a point but we play with no creative game plans or movement, our midfield is square and one-paced and we just flat out look average most of the time.

Big win for City today but I have to say I thought Spurs were absolutely toothless and Kit has a point about AVB, he got the entirety of the Bale fee to spend and isn't getting this team to play.

Quote:
Wonder how good Barkley will get. England regular one day? I haven't seen him play enough.
He has the tools become a regular, it'll be interesting to see what he finally settles on as his main position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Probably part of the reason, but considering the manager, and that most of those players had been around some of the invincibles and been through the heartache and trials and tribulations, they would have at least learnt from that and gotten stronger (mentality-wise). The manager needs to instill that in them. What I think is a factor now, is that although Wenger may have changed tact and gotten a bit more tougher and eager, having Steve Bould as his number 2 is giving off that 'winning and never give up' mentality that the players are picking up on. He challenges Wenger, which probably also make him up his game more. Pat Rice was always just a yes man, he didn't have the backbone to stand up and challenge Le Proff like Bouldy has.
I think you've probably hit the nail on the head with Bould, it seems like he went to battle with Wenger over getting defensive control and Wenger in the end saw sense, now you look much more difficult to break down and far less likely to give sloppy goals away once you get in front by not playing with balance.

Quote:
He'll be back in a starting berth in no time, imo. I read that apparently Wenger feels we don't need another striker, as Walcott is now an option. I almost threw up. He plays best up top, when he has someone to play off of, who will draw players and create space for him (i.e. in a 4-4-2). Him as a lone striker is quite frankly laughable. The guy has pace that can roast almost any defender, yet he still gets caught in the offside trap quite often.
Walcott as a Striker in your system would be a disaster as he lacks the intelligence and the ability to hold the ball up, he should only be utilized there in a counter attacking system where you are wanting your #9 to play on the shoulder of the last defender.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #866
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I think you've probably hit the nail on the head with Bould, it seems like he went to battle with Wenger over getting defensive control and Wenger in the end saw sense, now you look much more difficult to break down and far less likely to give sloppy goals away once you get in front by not playing with balance.
I agree.

Quote:
Walcott as a Striker in your system would be a disaster as he lacks the intelligence and the ability to hold the ball up, he should only be utilized there in a counter attacking system where you are wanting your #9 to play on the shoulder of the last defender.
Completely agreed. If it were up to me, he'd be primarily used as an impact sub to use his pace to its full advantage and exploit the tiredness of defenders later in games. I really feel he would've best suited being a track runner than a footballer because bar his pace, he really lacks anything else to be standout performer. The media would have you think otherwise though.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #867
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I'll take Walcott over Welbeck. You wanna trade? I swear, I don't understand how Danny Welbeck became a footballer. He has the worst touch I've ever seen. He makes Heskey look like Lionel Messi.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #868
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

To be fair Heskey for Leicester and the first couple of seasons for Liverpool was a beast especially their treble season when they won the League, Fa and UEFA cup. . Think Drogba and you'll get how good he was for a few years.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #869
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Completely agreed. If it were up to me, he'd be primarily used as an impact sub to use his pace to its full advantage and exploit the tiredness of defenders later in games. I really feel he would've best suited being a track runner than a footballer because bar his pace, he really lacks anything else to be standout performer. The media would have you think otherwise though.
That's exactly & only how he should be used. But in that role he can be great as Messi also said back when he played against him. He should play every game but from the bench.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #870
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I'll take Walcott over Welbeck. You wanna trade? I swear, I don't understand how Danny Welbeck became a footballer. He has the worst touch I've ever seen. He makes Heskey look like Lionel Messi.
Didn't Welbeck come from your own academy?

Old 11-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #871
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Utd had such great results from their academy in the past that it might be blinding them to how average their most recent graduates are and how little potential they have. I mean if Welbeck & Cleverley had grown up at different clubs would Utd have bought them?

Old 11-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #872
Zeus
Side-Kick

Quote:
To be fair Heskey for Leicester and the first couple of seasons for Liverpool was a beast especially their treble season when they won the League, Fa and UEFA cup. . Think Drogba and you'll get how good he was for a few years.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #873
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Didn't Welbeck come from your own academy?
Yes...

Old 11-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #874
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
He does seem to fall into that group of English players that our media seem keen to over-hype and protect no matter what.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #875
Zeus
Side-Kick

Arsenal needs to get another striker ASAP. Time to go for it now, Giroud has been probably the best attacking player in the EPL. But they need another assurance.

Closed Thread