The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #76
Van Petrol
Vacant

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Yeah, he pretty much started the switch to inside wingers with Pires. So how do you see your ideal set up this season as regards your CM and trio in behind Giroud.?
Agreed. We played a 4-4-2 formation during the Invincibles era, yet both Pires and Ljungberg were CM's/CAM's, rather than out and out wingers.

Well, at this moment, Ozil and and Ramsey are locked on starters with the third CM spot up for grabs, imo.

With everyone fit, I'd expect this to be our first choice starting front six:

-----Arteta-----Ramsey----
Lolcott-----Ozil-----Cazorla
----------Giroud-----------

Quote:
If Giroud delivers a 25 goal season would you be happy with quality competition brought in as opposed to a World class replacement?
I still feel we need another top quality/world class addition up front, and preferably someone a bit different than Giroud. Someone maybe in the Suarez/Aguero type mould, as I think we could be seeing lot of counter-attacking play to coincide with the possession play too.

Quote:
It's archaic, watching Young and Valencia put cross after cross in yesterday had me going spare. At 12M I'd certainly have taken him as a good, versatile option, Zaha should never have been signed when we knew a new manager was coming in.
I agree, it has really gotten boring today and I often find myself zoning out of matches rather quickly with this in play. Yeah, I reckon he could have been a good addition for you guys, yet with the way Kagawa is being used, what's to say he wouldn't have gone a similar way too. Yeah, I agree.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #77
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Zaha hasn't played yet in the PL, he was on the bench yesterday.

Yeah the versatile creators in behind the striker is such a big and exciting part of the modern game and we missed out on every one that has moved in the last few years bar Kagawa, and given how we have wasted him so far who knows if we can attract another.
I think you will buy at the next opportunity as it seems you were interested in a few of the right names near the deadline, although obviously Fing all of those up. Looks like there is a realisation that someone is needed in that position and hopefully some lessons have been learned about how to conduct transfer business.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #78
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post

Flamini & Wilshere on the bench! And I guess Rosicky. For midfield the squad isn't looking too bad, long term injuries aside. You definitely need another striker and hopefully one of the world's best. That would be better than buying a number of players. With Ozil here I can see a lot of top players wanting to come here and take advantage of that supply. The guy seems to understand the game of other players very well and picks it up very quickly.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #79
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Flamini & Wilshere on the bench! And I guess Rosicky. For midfield the squad isn't looking too bad, long term injuries aside. You definitely need another striker and hopefully one of the world's best. That would be better than buying a number of players. With Ozil here I can see a lot of top players wanting to come here and take advantage of that supply. The guy seems to understand the game of other players very well and picks it up very quickly.
Yeah, at this moment Ramsey is undroppable and ahead of Wilshire in the pecking order. Arteta is the experienced head and silent defensive mid, who keeps things ticking and will allow Ramsey to venture forward more without fear of being caught out.

Yeah agreed, it could come back to bite us though, we're only 4 games in and already have a number of injury problems. I agree, I hope we can pick someone up in January, if not, then definately in the summer.

Yeah, they say getting the first big signing is always the hardest, now we've done that it may be easier to attract other top talent, as they will possibly be intrigued as to why Ozil seems so keen to join. There's also the possibility that a lot of strikers may fancy a move to us now as they may be salivating at the number of chances they may get with Ozil supplying them.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #80
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

We definitely need another top class striker.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #81
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Yeah, at this moment Ramsey is undroppable and ahead of Wilshire in the pecking order. Arteta is the experienced head and silent defensive mid, who keeps things ticking and will allow Ramsey to venture forward more without fear of being caught out.

Yeah agreed, it could come back to bite us though, we're only 4 games in and already have a number of injury problems. I agree, I hope we can pick someone up in January, if not, then definately in the summer.

Yeah, they say getting the first big signing is always the hardest, now we've done that it may be easier to attract other top talent, as they will possibly be intrigued as to why Ozil seems so keen to join. There's also the possibility that a lot of strikers may fancy a move to us now as they may be salivating at the number of chances they may get with Ozil supplying them.
So Arteta over Flamini?

Yes Ramsey looks amazing at the moment. Like a new signing.

Your subs bench looked pretty poor during that game. Hopefully all those guys with long term injuries don't take too long to get back as some of them will surely be needed in the later part of the season.

And imagine a striker who is amazing in the air. When they're thinking of which club to join and one club has a winger like Beckham dropping the ball on their head every 5 minutes lol. Can see why Ronaldo would be pissed off that Ozil has left.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #82
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
We definitely need another top class striker.
Agreed.

Quote:
So Arteta over Flamini?
Yeah, I think so for the time being anyways.

Quote:
Yes Ramsey looks amazing at the moment. Like a new signing.
Agreed. Let's hope Shawcross isn't in the mood again for breaking legs.

Quote:
Your subs bench looked pretty poor during that game. Hopefully all those guys with long term injuries don't take too long to get back as some of them will surely be needed in the later part of the season.
I agree. We really do get some rough luck with injuries.

Quote:
And imagine a striker who is amazing in the air. When they're thinking of which club to join and one club has a winger like Beckham dropping the ball on their head every 5 minutes lol. Can see why Ronaldo would be pissed off that Ozil has left.
I agree, lol.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #83
Van Petrol
Vacant

Presumably, it's all common knowledge now, but it hasn't been mentioned, Ronaldo has signed a new contract at Real, almost doubling what Bale gets.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #84
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Sturridge and Moses score for Liverpool. Chelsea is like "Whaaaa?"

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #85
kit1982
Side-Kick

Yeh I mean Sturridge needed a fresh break from Chelsea, but the Moses move made absolutely no sense it didn't benefit anyone but Liverpool!

2-2 Shelvey's had a hand in all the goals! Cracking game

Old 09-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #86
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I was actually a bit surprised when they let Shelvey go. If it was a loan move id understand but it really did seem like Rodgers saw potential in him.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #87
kit1982
Side-Kick

I felt rather foolish saying it at halftime but I rate Shelvey, he does have all the attributes to go far in the game. I know Spidey loves him but I just don't get Henderson, he's decent but it's abit like Cleverley I'm not sure what he does well, Henderson seems to do Gerrards old job but not as well and Cleverly seems to do Carricks old job but not as well, both of them are just "meh" players for me.

Last edited by kit1982; 09-16-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #88
Van Petrol
Vacant

Top of the League!

EDIT: Oops...just checked and we ain't...thought there was originally a 2 point gap..

Old 09-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #89
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
I felt rather foolish saying it at halftime but I rate Shelvey, he does have all the attributes to go far in the game. I know Spidey loves him but I just don't get Henderson, he's decent but it's abit like Cleverley I'm not sure what he does well, Henderson seems to do Gerrards old job but not as well and Cleverly seems to do Carricks old job but not as well, both of them are just "meh" players for me.
Hendo!!!!!

surprised still we let Jonjo go to be honest, shoulda been on loan imo

TOP OF THE LEAGUE! (let me have my moment!)

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 09-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #90
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

It's good to see Arsenal & Liverpool starting well. Really would love any team outside of Utd, City & Chelsea to win this year (although I wouldn't mind Mourinho winning) and Arsenal & Liverpool are the clubs with history who haven't won in a long time. Not sure what Spurs can do but they'll be useful if all those new players can gel.

And looks like Shelvey got overexcited about scoring against his old club and made 2 bad mistakes to give the lead back to Liverpool. And then comes back to setup the equaliser! Wish I'd seen this game.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #91
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Presumably, it's all common knowledge now, but it hasn't been mentioned, Ronaldo has signed a new contract at Real, almost doubling what Bale gets.
I think Fergie would have got him if he was still manager. And Utd's dominance would have continued. Ronaldo, Rooney & VP would be as good as any attack in the world.

But with Moyes at the helm there is no reason for him to contemplate ever leaving Madrid. It makes sense for him to sign now even if he'd had doubts before..& I'm sure the money doesn't hurt.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #92
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Agreed. We played a 4-4-2 formation during the Invincibles era, yet both Pires and Ljungberg were CM's/CAM's, rather than out and out wingers.
Yeah, it was the start of the inverted wingers that thenw ent on to become a return to inside forwards.

Quote:

Well, at this moment, Ozil and and Ramsey are locked on starters with the third CM spot up for grabs, imo.

Wow, didn't expect no Wilshire, but Arteta is a steady influence. How about Ozil or Cazorla playing from the right with Ramsey as an CAM ahead of Wilshire and Arteta, with Walcott benched?

Quote:
I still feel we need another top quality/world class addition up front, and preferably someone a bit different than Giroud. Someone maybe in the Suarez/Aguero type mould, as I think we could be seeing lot of counter-attacking play to coincide with the possession play too.
Not easy to get that mate but certainly worth a try. I'm not sure who would fit the bill, could Podolski play central? I think one more striker and one more top CB is what your squad lacks right now, but it's shaping up nicely.

Quote:
I agree, it has really gotten boring today and I often find myself zoning out of matches rather quickly with this in play. Yeah, I reckon he could have been a good addition for you guys, yet with the way Kagawa is being used, what's to say he wouldn't have gone a similar way too. Yeah, I agree.
I've followed United through down times but even during those I was entertained, some of our football post-2009 has been really dull and over the last 18 months has been the most boring I've seen in 26 years as a fan on the club. That's the worry mate, I honestly feel Moyes would have opted for a more modern system and he claims Kagawa and Januzaj are in his plans, but he has 4 players to accommodate in Valencia, Young, Welbeck and Zaha that make it difficult for him.

Quote:
I think you will buy at the next opportunity as it seems you were interested in a few of the right names near the deadline, although obviously Fing all of those up. Looks like there is a realisation that someone is needed in that position and hopefully some lessons have been learned about how to conduct transfer business.
I certainly think internal changes will be made but other than going back for Contreao I'm not sure we'll do any business in January, but next summer we need to offload some dead weight to streamline the squad and bring in two quality additions.

Quote:
Yeah I saw it, it was always a pipe dream that we'd get him back, oh well.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #93
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
And looks like Shelvey got overexcited about scoring against his old club and made 2 bad mistakes to give the lead back to Liverpool. And then comes back to setup the equaliser! Wish I'd seen this game.
It was certainly his night for both good and bad reasons lol, the game was pretty entertaining with two good passing sides. I think both managers will be annoyed by their defenses though, all 4 goals featured big defensive errors.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #94
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Lukaku as well. Had me going 'really Jose'

Old 09-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #95
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Lukaku as well. Had me going 'really Jose'
Yeah....So far I've found some his decisions this time round....rather odd (assuming he has been making those calls, which I would think he is as I know he agreed to let Courtois stay with Athletico for another year at the players request).

Early days of course, but we've still got Torres & Mickel, (plays his 1st game at the weekend and we lose...hmmmn..) both of whom I hoped they'd off load in the summer, and out goes Moses and Lukaku, both of which I'd rather stay. At least it's only loan deals, but all the same...These are players I think we could do with (If Lukaku starts banging them in for Everton as well, and we are still struggling up front? ...Could be costly mistakes in the the long run).

Ah well, will just have to wait & see, but Roman aint been known for being too patient in the past.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #96
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Do you believe the rumors that Jose shipped Lukaku off for missing that penalty?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #97
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Wow, didn't expect no Wilshire, but Arteta is a steady influence. How about Ozil or Cazorla playing from the right with Ramsey as an CAM ahead of Wilshire and Arteta, with Walcott benched?
This makes sense as well as Walcott is still probably more impactful as a late sub.

Quote:
I've followed United through down times but even during those I was entertained, some of our football post-2009 has been really dull and over the last 18 months has been the most boring I've seen in 26 years as a fan on the club. That's the worry mate, I honestly feel Moyes would have opted for a more modern system and he claims Kagawa and Januzaj are in his plans, but he has 4 players to accommodate in Valencia, Young, Welbeck and Zaha that make it difficult for him.
Utd have been too used to midfield mediocrity (by their own standards) for so long that all this deadwood has accumulated. I think you could do with a big clearout in that area which would fund some Ozil level purchases. Fletcher, Cleverly, Anderson plus all the above are not at the required standard (yet anyway for the younger ones) and now that Fergie has left and Utd will be back in the mix, it will be suddenly & horribly evident.

Carrick can stay though Fellaini is above most of those guys to me and is a player deserving of Utd's bench (supposed to be a compliment) who can come on often. But as things stand he should be starting every game (IMO). Also Kagawa willl hopefully get more chances when he's back properly.

Quote:
I certainly think internal changes will be made but other than going back for Contreao I'm not sure we'll do any business in January, but next summer we need to offload some dead weight to streamline the squad and bring in two quality additions.
Yes next summer is when I'm sure big things will happen. Especially if Utd miss out on the title. I expect them to back Moyes strongly for that season but they will be asking him to get results by the end of his 2nd season after that investment.

Quote:
Yeah I saw it, it was always a pipe dream that we'd get him back, oh well.
It was a pipe dream I guess, but I had that rare feeling that it might happen. As soon as the Fergie retirement was announced that dream was instantly over though.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #98
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I thought it was pretty much decided that Moyes and Co. would go back for Herrera in January.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #99
Van Petrol
Vacant

There was even a rumour about Jose open to the idea of loaning out Eden Hazard.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #100
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
I think Fergie would have got him if he was still manager. And Utd's dominance would have continued. Ronaldo, Rooney & VP would be as good as any attack in the world.

But with Moyes at the helm there is no reason for him to contemplate ever leaving Madrid. It makes sense for him to sign now even if he'd had doubts before..& I'm sure the money doesn't hurt.
Yeah, I agree. A potential Ronaldo-RVP-Rooney frontline would have been lethal.

Closed Thread