The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #101
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
There was even a rumour about Jose open to the idea of loaning out Eden Hazard.
Yeah I really don't get some of Jose's moves. It seems like he's really given up a lot of depth at Chelsea.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #102
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Oh that would be good if true (edit: on Herrera). THe player certainly wants it. As long as no more mucking about from the Utd board.

And loan out Hazard?!! Is Mourinho getting a percentage for all the guys he's loaning out. I really don't get it. You only loan out players who you are confident aren't ready (or otherwise) to contribute a great deal to the current campaign. I'm surprised at the likes of Lukaku & Sturridge, never mind a core player! If he's open to loaning him out he should probably be thinking about selling him instead.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #103
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. A potential Ronaldo-RVP-Rooney frontline would have been lethal.
Maybe Utd's best ever?! (with Rooney in form & ...trying lol)

Old 09-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #104
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Apparently City will go after Januzaj

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #105
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Carra: 1. Gerrard 2. Lampard 3. Scholes

Old 09-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #106
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Saw that face earlier.... Utterly hilarious

Old 09-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #107
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Do you believe the rumors that Jose shipped Lukaku off for missing that penalty?
On that alone? Unlikely. Jose can be eccentric and erratic at times but he's not that daft.

Would love to know just why they did it though (maybe a behind the scenes spat or something), and it's a move that could be damned embarrassing if Lukaku hits good form early for Everton, and our lot continue to miss for fun

Quote:
There was even a rumour about Jose open to the idea of loaning out Eden Hazard.
Again I'd think it unlikely, but with Chelsea you just never know what they have been or will be up to at any given time (I never thought Lukaku would be sent off on loan on the transfer day deadline for example, and I'd never have thought Mickel could have lasted so long at the club when he is clearly a bloody terrible player).

Just caught Jose's press conference today btw. Love it when it calls one of the media hacks out on their bull###t

Last edited by wobbly; 09-17-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #108
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

looking at the team tonight and the formation, seems moyes might be catching on

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 09-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #109
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

What's the team?

Old 09-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #110
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

• 01 De Gea
  • 03 Evra
  • 05 Ferdinand
  • 12 Smalling
  • 15 Vidic
  • 16 Carrick
  • 25 Valencia
  • 26 Kagawa
  • 31 Fellaini
  • 10 Rooney
  • 20 Van Persie
Found it. That's a good team!

Old 09-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #111
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Rooney puts Utd 1-0 up!

I'm telling you he's going to have a good season.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #112
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I love football refs. Get in the players face when they're obviously angry. Player doesn't back down. Yellow card. Why can't the ref just walk away?

Old 09-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #113
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Valencia is such a glaring weakspot on this team.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #114
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Aguero sets up Dzeko for 1-0 City.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #115
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

What the hell happened there? Looked like Rooney got caught of two minds there.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #116
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

What the **** was that?!

Old 09-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #117
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Wow great goal by Yaya! 2-0 City.

What happened in the Utd match? I can't see it at the moment.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #118
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Maybe Utd's best ever?! (with Rooney in form & ...trying lol)
Possibly. Certainly one of the best attacking trios in Europe at least.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #119
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Valencia, why can't you do that all the time?! What a goal by RVP.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #120
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Again I'd think it unlikely, but with Chelsea you just never know what they have been or will be up to at any given time (I never thought Lukaku would be sent off on loan on the transfer day deadline for example, and I'd never have thought Mickel could have lasted so long at the club when he is clearly a bloody terrible player).

Just caught Jose's press conference today btw. Love it when it calls one of the media hacks out on their bull###t
Yeah, I can't really make head nor tail of it. I mean I can't understand why there seemingly was any contemplation of allowing Mata to potentially leave too.

It does seem though that Jose loves the older more experienced type of player.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #121
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Aguero gets a 3rd for City!

And good to see Utd go back in front. Will have to watch the 2nd half highlights when I get home.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #122
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Yeah, it was the start of the inverted wingers that thenw ent on to become a return to inside forwards.
Yeah.

Quote:
Wow, didn't expect no Wilshire, but Arteta is a steady influence. How about Ozil or Cazorla playing from the right with Ramsey as an CAM ahead of Wilshire and Arteta, with Walcott benched?
At his moment, Wilshere needs to work his way back into contention for having a guaranteed starting berth. Arteta is probably the best person for the position now, but I don't think it will be too long before Wenger thinks about finding a longer term replacement for him.

I'd try not to push Ozil out to the wings too often, as he's probably the best no. 10 in the world, so there shouldn't really be any reason to play him anywhere else other than there. Ramsey also seems to excel more in one of the more deeper CM roles than the advanced one. His engine is more accustomed and better suited for it too, I think.

If it were up to me, I'd sell Walcott and offer 50-60m to Dortmund for both Reus and Gundogan.

Quote:
Not easy to get that mate but certainly worth a try. I'm not sure who would fit the bill, could Podolski play central? I think one more striker and one more top CB is what your squad lacks right now, but it's shaping up nicely.
Yeah, I do wish we could have nabbed Cavani, but I think Le Proff wants a more pure footballing CF than just an out and out CF now. I'm hoping with Ozil now in the team, he and Podolski will link up well and start to produce bags of goals.

I agree with that, but we do need another deeper lying CM, imo. The talk making the rounds is that Wenger is keeping tabs on both Khedira and Gundogan. Either would be quality additions, imo, and pretty much make our midfield complete.

Quote:
I've followed United through down times but even during those I was entertained, some of our football post-2009 has been really dull and over the last 18 months has been the most boring I've seen in 26 years as a fan on the club. That's the worry mate, I honestly feel Moyes would have opted for a more modern system and he claims Kagawa and Januzaj are in his plans, but he has 4 players to accommodate in Valencia, Young, Welbeck and Zaha that make it difficult for him.
Yeah, I agree with all of that. I do hope you turn it around and Moyes implements a better system too that is more like the United of recent years.

Quote:
Yeah I saw it, it was always a pipe dream that we'd get him back, oh well.
Yeah..

Old 09-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #123
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Really like what Im seeing from United here. I mean, not even tactically but the attitude is so much better.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #124
Grommers
Side-Kick

Quite a few surprises these CL matches, I didn't expect RM to go to turkey and dominate, I also expected a low scoring game vs leverkeusen for man utd... man city, show that pellegrini knows his stuff in european football so far, and peps bayern doing well.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #125
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I am loving that the team are still looking for goals.... Too often MUFC sit back after they take a lead, allowing the other team to claw back level....

Closed Thread