The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: What will the biased/non-biased criticism BvS receives?
All criticism will be based strictly on the quality of the films own merits. 5 20.00%
Some will be turned off by the lack of Nolan's aesthetic 13 52.00%
All critiques will be biased and not give the film a chance. 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #26
D.P.
Banned User

Default Re: How strong will the critical backlash be against this film compared to Nolan's fi

So many sneak disses in here.

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #27
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: How strong will the critical backlash be against this film compared to Nolan's fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
The prequels have fans?
Hello.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:57 AM   #28
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I think the critics will have some of their reviews written before even watching the film, which isn't fair. I just see it happening. MOS is now famous for being hated by the critics but the general public seemed to love it. The fans were split. Some loved it, some hated it, some liked it but had problems with the pacing, etc.

This will lead into Batman vs Superman.

Critics will probably knock it for the same reasons as MOS. Ill predict it now that it will get slightly better ratings than MOS due to no alien invasion/fights where buildings are totaled along with innocent civilians getting killed. They'll say batman saved this movie from being a worse disaster than MOS. BUT like I said it will still get a lower rating than a lot of the recent comic book movies. Probably due to a hidden agenda. You know..not liking Affleck as much as Bale (even if his Batman is badass)....not liking Snyder's pacing or too much action blah blah.

Im sure once Affleck directs his own solo film, it will be the opposite. They'll be praising the movie. But for this, it's a whole different story. It's all because of Goyer and Snyder's reputation.

The general audience? I think you'll get some nitpicks from people who refuse to accept Affleck. Maybe they genuinely wont like his Bruce Wayne "he's not Bruce, it's just Affleck being...well...Affleck". But I truly believe that the majority of the GA will like the movie more than MOS and be quite surprised with Ben's performance. I think Batman will be the coolest we've ever seen him visually and that will be enough to win over the GA. That's my prediction.

It will make more money, some better reviews and the hardcore Bat-fans will think it's the closest thing to the source material they've ever seen. But the true lovers of filmmaking and/or Nolan's trilogy will pick on it for being more of a popcorn CG driven 3D Batman (/Superman) movie in comparison. They'll say it's not as well written or directed. But still an enjoyable summer blockbuster.

Either way the lovers and haters will still want to see more of what Affleck has to offer. It will get a sequel and WB wins no matter what the critics say.
Absolutely. It's unbelivable how closed minded critics are about new changes are in films like these. If people are ok with a new James Bond every few years then people should learn to accept changes with the superhero version of him. Sometimes I wish I could just sit them down and tell them to watch episodes of Batman: The Animated Series, then they'll realise how Batman should be more like. Just for once I'd like to see a critic eat their own words about how great the Dark Knight Trilogy really is. Hopefully those "true lovers of filmmaking and/or Nolan's trilogy" are also fans of Argo and then all their Argo-ments can be invalid when the time comes.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #29
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
really? I always thought the consensus was 'divided' or 'polarizing'.

Same average rating as Incredible Hulk on RT (6.2) despite a lower tomatometer (57% vs 67%), a movie that people cite as one of the many examples of MCU 'brilliance'.

It says that for these Marvel films, most critics more or less thought the same way: they're average to good. For MOS, it was more divided. Some loved it, some hated it.
People site Incredible Hulk as an example of Marvel brilliance? LOL good lord. That movie sucked hard.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #30
Squaremaster316
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
People site Incredible Hulk as an example of Marvel brilliance? LOL good lord. That movie sucked hard.
MCU fans think EVERY film made by the company is an example of """brilliance""".

Squaremaster316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #31
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
really? I always thought the consensus was 'divided' or 'polarizing'.

Same average rating as Incredible Hulk on RT (6.2) despite a lower tomatometer (57% vs 67%), a movie that people cite as one of the many examples of MCU 'brilliance'.

It says that for these Marvel films, most critics more or less thought the same way: they're average to good. For MOS, it was more divided. Some loved it, some hated it.
Top Critic Rating for MOS is 6.2/10 against 5.8/10 for TIH.

So, MOS is ahead of TIH.

As for SVB movie, casting of Ben Affleck is a good move, that will surely result in more favorable reviews than it would get by casting of someone like (say) Joe Manganiello or Matthew Goode as Batman.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #32
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaremaster316 View Post
MCU fans think EVERY film made by the company is an example of """brilliance""".

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #33
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

It's true though. the Avengers has cast such a positive halo effect on the marvel universe.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #34
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Top Critic Rating for MOS is 6.2/10 against 5.8/10 for TIH.

So, MOS is ahead of TIH.

As for SVB movie, casting of Ben Affleck is a good move, that will surely result in more favorable reviews than it would get by casting of someone like (say) Joe Manganiello or Matthew Goode as Batman.
If Goode did good, then the critics would recognize him for the role.

As for Affleck, he should do a bunch of writing for this film if he can. Or at least tell Goyer why a scene doesn't work

And any advice he can give for directing can only help

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #35
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

I tend to think Affleck will have some say in how Batman is portrayed here.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #36
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I tend to agree.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote