The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 09-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #51
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: Wonder Women related scene at the end of the movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Simplify is the word we need there
The Amazon race were created and descend from Ares, the God of War, the Atlanteans and Atlantis from Poseidon, the first King. A begrudging peace is created when both gods leave their respective nations for Olympus. Ares instigates a war between the two nations.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #52
Techn9ne77
Side-Kick

Wonder Woman is actually one of my favorite comic book characters along with Batman. This is what I posted over in the Ben Affleck as Batman Part 7 thread concerning Wonder Woman & her appearance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9ne77 View Post

To be honest, ever since seeing this picture in EW, I've been wanting Kate Sackoff to play Wonder Woman. Think about it: (1) she's played tough female heroines on TV & film, (2) has the height (right about 5'7 & add heels/boots & she'll easily be a good height) (3) definitely not a stick figure like some of the Wonder Woman casting ideas (I'm sorry but I have a hard time accepting a skinny stick figure WW. She's an Amazon warrior, she needs to have meat on her), & (4) she has a cute face. I don't see her brought up a lot & I know she stated she'll like to play Harley Quinn, but I can see her doing WW. My two cents.
Quote:

I think people look at Kate being a blond & can't see WW, but she can easily dye her hair black. But my second choice, actually I would put this woman in an equal tie with Kate, Kelly Overton from True Blood. Don't know if anyone brought her up here yet or not, but perfecto!!!
Quote:
I agree. She should be on the same level as Batman & Superman, so I don't care for the idea of her being eye candy on Bruce Wayne's arm or as a love interest. Scene idea: have a few soldiers/pilots (any of the personnel that appeared in MOS) crash land on Paradise Island/Themyscira as an end scene. They look up & see a bunch of Amazons standing a few feet ahead of them armed w shields, swords, helmets, spears, etc. The End. Roll credits. No need for much dialogue, possibly a few lines from the soldiers before the big reveal. Something more subtle works, not just throwing it all in your face. Comic fans will know where they are, mainstream fans will wonder "hey, whats going on? where are these guys? are these villains for the next MOS film?"

Techn9ne77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #53
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Today's rumor is that Marvel is looking at Katee Sackoff to play Ms. Marvel in a stand-alone, female hero-driven film.

I take this as a big FU to DC for dragging their heels (no pun intended) with Wonder Woman and claiming that it can't be done properly.

Puckenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #54
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Tall, any ethnicity, physical, good actress...did they say what age?

It sounds like Diana. But obviously it could be anyone, even like the Russian ballet chick from TDK. But Wonder Woman would be great. Especially if she's not that big of an actress, she's nowhere near the trailers, and they don't even say her name until the end of the movie. Then they reveal that she's Diana. That would be amazing. Instead of taking that into a JLA movie, I would use that to launch the Wonder Woman movie with that actress. Then launch into an Affleck directed Bat movie and possibly one more Snyder/Superman film. Let Flash get his start on tv. Next thing you know it's around 2019 and WB can forget about Zack, get Del Toro or Cuaron to direct Justice League.

Emily Blunt or Lynn Collins would be great. Collins needs a trainer nowadays. But im guessing they'll go with a late 20s/early 30s unknown.
The age was said to be late 20's according to the report.

Best case scenario, they put the "any ethnicity" bit there just to throw people off the scent of Wonder Woman. The more likely scenario I see that going is one of these characters: 1) a new Catwoman(and they'll make her a different ethnicity just to separate her from Anne Hathaway), but since she was used in TDKR, it's one of the most unlikely out of my thoughts, but still a real possibility. 2) Vicky Vale(as a nice contrast to Lois Lane and a possible vehicle for Lois & Clark to go to Gotham). 3)Pamela Isely 4) Original character

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #55
jasontodd
Superhero Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Well, I'd prefer if she'd had an origin movie by 2016...doubtful.

But in order to get a decent scene, and not to bloat JL with Diana's origin. I'd say have her already in politics. She's a respected politician. She proposes a new branch within the Government, with the Department of Metahumans. Before publicly revealing, she is really one herself...

And I'd like this giant actress for the part

She's from the Great Gatsby isn't she. Funny while I was watching that I was thinking if she got a more impressive musculature she would be fantastic for Wondy.

Long Live Spectacular Spider - Man!!!!

jasontodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #56
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
The Amazon race were created and descend from Ares, the God of War, the Atlanteans and Atlantis from Poseidon, the first King. A begrudging peace is created when both gods leave their respective nations for Olympus. Ares instigates a war between the two nations.
I wouldn't mind that for a sequel.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #57
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckenstein View Post
Today's rumor is that Marvel is looking at Katee Sackoff to play Ms. Marvel in a stand-alone, female hero-driven film.

I take this as a big FU to DC for dragging their heels (no pun intended) with Wonder Woman and claiming that it can't be done properly.
Marvel' adaptations toward lesser known heroes is also a big FU for WB owning the entire DC catalog and only doing the big two.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #58
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontodd View Post
She's from the Great Gatsby isn't she. Funny while I was watching that I was thinking if she got a more impressive musculature she would be fantastic for Wondy.
Something about her face, bone structure, makes me think of the opposite of Wondy though. Plus she's extremely pale. Yeah she could get a tan, but I prefer someone else honestly.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #59
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGospelOfMark View Post
I'm worried about how a character like Wonder Woman will be handled in this universe. I'd rather see an Easter Egg for Green Arrow, or Green Lantern or Flash.
I have to admit until about a week ago I always confused Green Arrow and Green Lantern.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #60
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
I don't want a huge presence from Diana. Maybe something after the climax, but before end credits. Maybe Affleck as Bruce Wayne, getting ready to attend a public event, he takes her arm and says something like 'Diana, its wonderful seeing you' and fade to black or something.
That almost seems like it would be too subtle. Especially since just because she is named Diana does not mean she is Wonder Woman.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #61
KillerMcQueen
The Foolhardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
That almost seems like it would be too subtle. Especially since just because she is named Diana does not mean she is Wonder Woman.
in a final scene of a superman/batman movie, anyone named Diana could safely be considered WW.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:28 AM   #62
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

if they're going to be filming in morroco and they don't have at the very least some reference to wonder woman, it'll be a lost opportunity.

I'll be over there in Nepal with those monkey- head chicks. They'll all be hitting on me. "Hey, John... ...thanks a lot for keeping the Chinese off our backs. We appreciate it. Is there anything we can do for you? Oh, and by the way, handsome... ...we've never been in a Winnebago." You figure it out.
ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #63
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Quote:
Something about her face, bone structure, makes me think of the opposite of Wondy though. Plus she's extremely pale. Yeah she could get a tan, but I prefer someone else honestly.
Out of all actresses, Debecki's the only one I can truly picture, visually, as WW. Beef her up, train her. Bob's your uncle

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #64
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

debecki has good bone structure. she is very fair, but what are tanning beds and hair dye for.

I'll be over there in Nepal with those monkey- head chicks. They'll all be hitting on me. "Hey, John... ...thanks a lot for keeping the Chinese off our backs. We appreciate it. Is there anything we can do for you? Oh, and by the way, handsome... ...we've never been in a Winnebago." You figure it out.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #65
Mr.?
Side-Kick

I like the idea of Diana being Bruce's girlfriend. You could have it as some throwaway scene where Bruce brings her to a party and introduces her to Clark or someone but before he can say her name he gets cut off. Later on she comes up to Bruce and says she has business to take care of back home and she'll be back when she can.

Have the last scene of the movie be Bruce sitting in the cave watching footage of him and Superman teaming up against whoever the villain is. From behind Bruce's girl appears and she says something along the lines of "So what do you think?" Bruce responds "I trust him." she responds "Im not so sure" then the last line could be Bruce saying "Is everything alright at home Diana?" Then cut to credits.

Something simple like that would be best.

Mr.? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #66
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.? View Post
I like the idea of Diana being Bruce's girlfriend. You could have it as some throwaway scene where Bruce brings her to a party and introduces her to Clark or someone but before he can say her name he gets cut off. Later on she comes up to Bruce and says she has business to take care of back home and she'll be back when she can.

Have the last scene of the movie be Bruce sitting in the cave watching footage of him and Superman teaming up against whoever the villain is. From behind Bruce's girl appears and she says something along the lines of "So what do you think?" Bruce responds "I trust him." she responds "Im not so sure" then the last line could be Bruce saying "Is everything alright at home Diana?" Then cut to credits.

*i like that*

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 09-07-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #67
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.? View Post

Having Diana as Bruce's girlfriend would finally satisfy and give good fan-service to the DCAU JL/JLU fans.

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #68
Frodo
Side-Kick

I think you could get away with even calling her Diana because I doubt the GA knows who Wonder Woman's alter ego is. The fans would know of course but it would be a surprise to most non fans who just know Wonder Woman the hero and not so much her alter ego.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #69
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

Im still pushing for Rileah Vanderbilt not sure on her acting just yet though....

KnightGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #70
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

I'm very interested in that fan film.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #71
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

i'd love it if someone superimposed the world's finest logo on this.

lol. can you imagine if in the opening credits we got world's finest logo's and this right behind it?

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 09-07-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #72
Loki882
Side-Kick

Why not just have the Amazon's mentioned briefly in the movie itself? Maybe there's a scene inside the DP where you see a newspaper headline about an Amazonian diplomatic delegation, or maybe a TV spot is reporting on it in the background.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #73
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

I really don't want them to show any relationship between Bruce and Diana. Just not enough time to set it up. You could always show nods to an attraction. But, that is it.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #74
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
Face looks good here to me:

teagone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #75
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightGambit View Post
Im still pushing for Rileah Vanderbilt not sure on her acting just yet though....

This is actually more of how I would envision Wonder Woman.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote