The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Old 12-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #26
roach
I am the night

Default Re: My idea for the proposed Fox Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
The universe that FOX's X-Men are in would not make sense for the F4, people are terrified of mutants but not the F4? Why? They have superpowers like mutants and even have a member who doesn't look human, yet they are celebrated. If anything they should be feared just as much if not more than mutants, because they show normal people can be mutated and look like rock monsters. They would worry that they might be contagious, the F4 being superstars in FOX's X-Men universe doesn't work and the F4 aren't the F4 if they are not loved by the public.
because people are weird like that…just like how some people love one actor and hate another. We are not logical.
anyhow I think there is a big difference between a race of beings with powers that will one day surpass and enslave humanity and four humans that got turned into super heroes.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #27
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
because people are weird like that…just like how some people love one actor and hate another. We are not logical.
anyhow I think there is a big difference between a race of beings with powers that will one day surpass and enslave humanity and four humans that got turned into super heroes.
...whose names and addresses we and the authorities all know. Yeah, you'd be afraid of them if they tried to attack you, but you know they're not going to jump out of the bushes and take your kids and threaten the foundation of society.

My Layout is So Weird:

X-Men DOFP: You know, stuff.
2015:
Fantastic Four Reborn: Reed Richards' experiments with alternate realities like the Negative Zone turn he and his friends into superhumans, much to the government's shagrin. Arthur 'Moleman' Molkevik uses those experiments to his own ends, and Annihilus threatens to annihilate everything.
X-Force: Wolverine's new team (Mystique, Colossus, Bishop, Blink) takes on the darkest threats on the planet. It looks like Cameron Hodge's Weapon Plus is it, especially when it deploys assassins like Omega Red and counter-assassins like Fantomex!
Fantastic Four: Future Foundation: Reed Richards is independent of the government now, and that has gained the attention of his longstanding rival, the enigmatic Dr. Doom. He has deployed his own Frightful Four of otherwise notable scientists to keep Reed busy while he enacts a brilliant master plan, and succeeds, much to the shagrin of the Fantastic Four.
Uncanny X-Men: Charles Xavier starts a school for gifted youngsters, and recruits five young students to begin with. They face the dangerous might of Unus the Untouchable as they learn to be a team for the first time and have their coming of age, but not before some crazy prophecy about Apocalypse.
Fantastic Four: First Family: Reed and Sue are pregnant, and the Skrulls are on their way. Hoping to colonize our planet because of something called Galaktus destroying theirs, the Skrull infiltrate a number of organizations, and when their invasion finally shows up they've got something called a Super Skrull at the end of their fleet. It will take all of their
X-Force 2: Exiles: Wolverine and his team face a threat like none other, something called Legion, and he will stop at nothing to fix what went wrong in the past, but what does Cable have to do with any of this? Cameo by adult Franklin Richards.
Uncanny X-Men 2: Xavier's old foe Magneto returns, badder than ever, ready to destroy Xavier's dream and create a new proper world for the advanced mutantkind. Will the kids be able to stop tearing eachother down long enough to gain victory?
Deadpool: Pretty much a ridiculous hardcore dark comedy action flick.
Onslaught: X-Men vs Fantastic Four - After the envents of Uncanny X-Men 2, Onslaught shows up to run/ruin everything. He takes Franklin Richards, the FF's mutant son, as a power source, so the X-Men are trying to destroy the power source to save Onslaught, while the FF are trying to destroy Onslaught to save Franklin, but they both need each other's help to do either.
Fantastic Four: Days of Future Present - A bookend to Days of Future Past, starring the Fantastic Four instead of the X-Men, deals with how they are going to handle Galactus as he bears down on Earth, as well as various time versions of the Fantastic Four teaming up.
Uncanny X-Men 3: The kids travel the world together, representing mutantkind, but are faced with a new kind of Sentinel created by someone called Bastion in the form of Operation Zero Tolerance.

Or, y'know, something like that.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:28 AM   #28
Naji Assan
Banned User

I've said it before, Fox is reorganizing its Marvel films into "Phases" just like Disney/Marvel. X-Men films are like Avengers films now, serving as big budget crossover/event movies while lesser-budgeted lead-in films precede them.

Fox Phase I was:

X-Men (2000)
X2: X-Men United (2003)
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
The Wolverine (2013)
Days of Future Past (2014) *Event movie

Up next we get Fox Phase II

The Fantastic Four (June 19, 2015)
Wolverine III (2016)
X-Force (2016) *Backstory to Apocalypse prior to event movie
Untitled X-Men movie (2017) *Event movie

From here on out which lead-ins they decide to go with are speculation. My guess is that if the first X-Force is successful it'll get a trilogy.

Fox Phase III

Fantastic Four II (2018)
X-Factor Investigations (2018)
X-Force 2 (2019)
Alpha Flight (2019)
Untitled X-Men Movie (2020) *Event movie

Fox Phase IV

Fantastic Four III (2021)
X-Factor Investigations 2 (2021)
X-Force 3 (2022)
Excalibur (2022)
Untitled X-Men movie (2023) *Event movie

Fox Phase V

Fantastic Four IV (2024)
New Mutants (2024)
Starjammers (2025)
The Silver Surfer (2025)
Untitled X-Men/Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer/Galactus movie (2026) *EVENT movie

Not sure where they could go after Sinister, Apocalypse, Shi'ar and Galactus are done.

I'm also not ruling out the possibility that they'll crossover the FF and the X-Men long before Galactus shows.

Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #29
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

While I generally dislike the idea of the X-Men & FF crossing over, I would be interested in seeing your ideas on-screen DrCosmic.

The beauty of the list you've come up with is that each of them is mostly independent of the other and doesn't force the two properties together until there's an established link in Franklin Richards. I think that's mostly the issue for me when it comes to the discussions of a FF/X-Men "universe," in that it always seems like people are just more interested in seeing them team up without thinking about the connective tissue. Or if they are, they haven't laid it out so well with the blueprint you've left here.

Your post is the first that actually would have me excited to see a series of movies that would eventually bring the two franchise together, so bravo.

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
TommyJones1945
Side-Kick

Will Disney even allow them to do this.

TommyJones1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #31
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyJones1945 View Post
Will Disney even allow them to do this.
why wouldn't they?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #32
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
why wouldn't they?
Here might be a reason why...
Quote:
from Wikipedia..
Spider-Man 2

Story rights: $20 million
Screenplay: $10 million
Producers: $15 million
Director (Sam Raimi): $10 million
Cast: $30 million
Tobey Maguire: $17 million
Kirsten Dunst: $7 million
Alfred Molina: $3 million
Rest of cast: $3 million
Production costs: $45 million
Visual effects: $65 million
Music: $5 million
Composer (Danny Elfman): $2 million.
Total: $200 million
This is the breakdown of the budget for Spider-Man 2 but I want you pay attention mainly to the Story Rights portion of the budget.
Now the definition of Story Rights according to Wikapedia is

Quote:
Story rights: The right to produce a film based on a play, novel, video game or as a remake or sequel can cost anything from a couple of thousand (Leaving Las Vegas) to over $10 million (the video game Halo). An original screenplay by a Writers Guild of America member can cost from around $50,000 (Quentin Tarantino's True Romance) to $5 million (M. Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable).
So lets assume that the Story Rights(which does not include the screen play budget) portion of the budget in part or whole goes to Marvel because the stories are based on comics books by Marvel Comics. Thats a possible $20 million on top of the 10% from the BO which is why if we used the same logic towards the Fox properties that Marvel/Disney is not all that uncomfortable to let these rights stay where they are..

But, If Marvel were to allow a shared universe not within their own properties (FF/X-Men) then it's like Fox is getting a two for one deal price for the Story Rights. So why would Disney allow Fox that? Marvel/Disney would lose money then and thats always where the lines are drawn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_budgeting

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #33
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
why wouldn't they?
It's in Disney/Marvel's fiscal best interests not to have multiple cinematic superhero universes as competition. And unless FOX had the forsight to specifically include character family crossovers written into the separate licensing contracts Marvel signed with FOX at two separate times with two distinct sets of conditions, it is extremely unlikely that an FF/X-Men cinematic team up will be possible.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #34
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Also, I suspect there are clauses to prevent a company from "renewing" their license conditions to more than one franchise with a single movie. Otherwise, Fox could keep *all* their licenses forever by making a single movie every 5-6 years, that has people from each license appear in it. So, there are probably rules and requirements for what the license allows, and what conditions a movie has to meet to fit them.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #35
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

With X-Men Apocalypse supposedly being set in the past with the First Class cast my OP idea just became more feasible

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #36
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Here might be a reason why...

This is the breakdown of the budget for Spider-Man 2 but I want you pay attention mainly to the Story Rights portion of the budget.
Now the definition of Story Rights according to Wikapedia is

So lets assume that the Story Rights(which does not include the screen play budget) portion of the budget in part or whole goes to Marvel because the stories are based on comics books by Marvel Comics. Thats a possible $20 million on top of the 10% from the BO which is why if we used the same logic towards the Fox properties that Marvel/Disney is not all that uncomfortable to let these rights stay where they are..

But, If Marvel were to allow a shared universe not within their own properties (FF/X-Men) then it's like Fox is getting a two for one deal price for the Story Rights. So why would Disney allow Fox that? Marvel/Disney would lose money then and thats always where the lines are drawn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_budgeting
This doesn't make any sense. After Sony and Fox gave Marvel huge cash infusions to save the company, you're saying they keep paying for the properties again every film? And that somehow, they can still make films at or below the budget of the MCU films? Why is there no source on this data (it's on marvel wikia, right?)? Why are there no such breakdowns for any other film.Nah, it's more likely those original costs are just distributed in typical Hollywood fashion.

Regardless, even if this somehow could be exactly as you say, Fox would still have to pay per film. A crossover film is just a film, Disney/Marvel wouldn't be expecting two movies worth of income from one movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
It's in Disney/Marvel's fiscal best interests not to have multiple cinematic superhero universes as competition. And unless FOX had the forsight to specifically include character family crossovers written into the separate licensing contracts Marvel signed with FOX at two separate times with two distinct sets of conditions, it is extremely unlikely that an FF/X-Men cinematic team up will be possible.
It's definitely possible, because they're already planning it. Unless Marvel had the forsight to specifically exclude character family crossovers (which they didn't, as Franklin's name cameos in X2), it's all ball.

The only threat that this provides is overcrowding, which would not at all be diminished if FF and X-Men were totally separate somehow.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #37
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
This doesn't make any sense. After Sony and Fox gave Marvel huge cash infusions to save the company, you're saying they keep paying for the properties again every film? And that somehow, they can still make films at or below the budget of the MCU films? Why is there no source on this data (it's on marvel wikia, right?)? Why are there no such breakdowns for any other film.Nah, it's more likely those original costs are just distributed in typical Hollywood fashion.

Regardless, even if this somehow could be exactly as you say, Fox would still have to pay per film. A crossover film is just a film, Disney/Marvel wouldn't be expecting two movies worth of income from one movie.
Yep thats exactly what I'm saying.. Wiki?? Ok how about this http://www.imanet.org/PDFs/Public/SF...2_08_young.pdf page 31 where that same exact numerical breakdown is shown just like on Wiki page so that where they got the numbers from. So, yes Marvel makes the story rights money upfront then the 10% from the BO. Thats how they got out of Bankruptcy.. So being Fox would have to pay per film why would they, Marvel allow Fox to skirt the issue by having two separate properties in one film? Think with your pockets..

Edit. I think this is a really good read for those who want to debate on whether this FF movie is getting made.. My hope has risen already..

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 12-27-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #38
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post

It's definitely possible, because they're already planning it.
Has anybody other than Millar, who immediately retracted his statement, said anything about a FF/X-Men crossover? Such talk has almost entirely been columnist speculation.

Quote:
Unless Marvel had the forsight to specifically exclude character family crossovers (which they didn't, as Franklin's name cameos in X2), it's all ball.
Franklin's cameo occurred before the creation of Marvel Studios and the Disney buyout. It's not "all ball". It's a whole new ballgame.

Whether or not FOX is required to bargain for these additional contract terms or, in your estimation, Disney is required to grant NewsCorp a "freebie" may end up a matter for the courts to decide.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #39
Ultron-5
Chicks love the car.

2014- X men days of future past.
2015- The fantastic four.
2016- X men Apocalypse.
2017- Fantastic four- Age of Annihilus/ X force.
2018- Wolverine 3 / Deadpool.
2019- Fantastic four- the coming of Galactus/ X men war

Ultron-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #40
The Guard
Side-Kick

No one wants SECRET WARS?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #41
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

just something i came up with

X-Men (2000)
X2: X-Men United (2003)
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
The Wolverine (2013)
Days of Future Past (2014)

Phase II

The Fantastic Four (2015) the Four get their powers and fight Doom….etc.…

X-Men: Mutant Massacre (2015) X-Men face the FOH and the X-Cutioner as well as the Morlocks after they are attacked and many of them are killed. Other high profile mutants are attacked as well with Angel having his wings cut off and Beast being blown up. The X-Men must stop a war from erupting in the streets, and in the end Storm takes over command of the Morlocks. Intro for Sinister at the end as the doctor that Angel goes to for help.

Wolverine III (2016) Logan is pulled back into the world of Weapon X when he is forced to work with Valerie Cooper and her team of mutants to take down a terrorist known as Black Tom from getting his hands on Omega Red. But things aren’t as easy as they seem Black Tom has a merc known as Cyber working for him. This movie would lead into XMA, as Omega Red would be taken by Sinister and it will show that there are plans for the Four Horsemen.

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) the X-Men must save their team members and the world from the Mutant Apocalypse

Fox Phase III
X-Men: Phoenix Rising (2018) After the events of XMA the X-Men reform but now they are in the public eye. This new team must deal Jean Grey return from the dead.
Deadpool (2018)
Fantastic Four II: Inhumans (2019)
X-Men/Fantastic Four (2019) The FF and the X-Men must battle a mutant, The Living Monolith, that can absorb cosmic radiation.

Fox Phase IV
X-Force (2021)
Fantastic Four III: Into the Negative Zone (2021)
X-Men: Fatal Attractions (2022)
X/4: Onslaught (2023)

Fox Phase V

Fantastic Four: Heroes Reborn (2024)
Starjammers (2025)

HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:01 AM   #42
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

This is as best a place to post this SAD news

Quote:
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/0...-cameo-in.html
With Chronicle director Josh Trank's The Fantastic Four gearing up to go into production, Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox will take the first step in merging its Marvel properties with the upcoming reboot, with the site revealing that X-Men veteran Hugh Jackman will appear in a brief cameo role in the film as the adamantium clawed Logan.

According to the report, Jackman - who will next be seen as Wolverine in May's X-Men: Days of Future Past - has signed a new three film deal with Fox, which also includes 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse and the recently announced sequel to The Wolverine, which is set to hit in 2017. This third solo movie will mark Jackman's TENTH appearance as the fan favourite mutant, having been an ever-present in Fox's X-Men franchise since the first film in 2000.
So I guess they can merge anything they want..

Old 04-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #43
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

It is April 1st. Any news today is to be take with a big pinch of salt

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #44
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
It is April 1st. Any news today is to be take with a big pinch of salt

Good point.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #45
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

I went back to check to see if there were any April Fools hints in the article and the referenced link takes you right to an April Fools Wiki page.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #46
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I went back to check to see if there were any April Fools hints in the article and the referenced link takes you right to an April Fools Wiki page.
Whoa!! That was a good one LOL!!!

Old 04-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #47
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
There ya go

Nothing today shall be believed by me

Old 04-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #48
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
There ya go

Nothing today shall be believed by me
I remember the good old days when you just had to make sure your shoes were tied and not believe anybody who told you otherwise.

Now if we read that they found Malaysian 370, we'll have to say: "Wait a minute . . . "

Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #49
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

My idea for the Fox Marvel universe.

X-Men and Wolverine films... and only that.

Fantastic Four should not be moulded with the goal to cross over into the X-Men universe.

That's going about their title all wrong.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #50
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
My idea for the Fox Marvel universe.

X-Men and Wolverine films... and only that.

Fantastic Four should not be moulded with the goal to cross over into the X-Men universe.

That's going about their title all wrong.
One thing that has always bothered me about X-Men is we've got all these great characters but all we get is a glimpse. Why can't we get a Cyclops film or a Beast film or a Colossus film or a Gambit film etc. etc. etc.? How about a film in which 3 characters go on a mission so we get to really focus on those characters and not have them lost in a sea of other characters?

Fox could release 3 or 4 films a year that featured different combinations of X-Men teamed up or alone and they'd never run out of good stories.

There's a huge amount of potential there for anybody who wants to tap into it and the more we got to know the individual characters, the more we'd want to see them in the films in which they're all together.

If anything, I think Fox has too many characters just with the X-Men and I'm not sure why they're not fleshing them out more fully rather than looking for completely different sets of characters.