The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 11-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #101
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Default Re: Episode VII release date thread

You can believe that but the thing is....Iger has not locked down a solid date which shows he's being flexible in taste of emergency they can bump it to the much talked about December rumor. Him not locking a fully solid date so close to shooting shows he wants quality and if worse comes to worse he will give it more time.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #102
Mr.M
Side-Kick

So it can go to December, but not the following summer? You've been saying summer 2015 all this time. I really don't care either way. All I care about is quality. But it just seems odd for a SW movie to be out in December. If they go with that, it is what it is. I don't want this franchise overlapping with any Avatar movies and saturating the genre. Still can't believe they are doing an Avatar trilogy.

Mr.M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #103
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Well, Avatar 2 is coming out in December 2016.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #104
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Quote:
#StarWars Next week on my way to Paris meeting the Lucas team and hearing about the new movies and plans.

31 October
https://twitter.com/Barbieguitar/sta...32541070225408

Quote:
#StarWars,Saw today some awsome first features/plans of new StarWars 7 movie coming end 2015. #Disney studio role out.

5 November
https://twitter.com/Barbieguitar/sta...62810609799168

Quote:
at this moment it is planned for end of CY15 but in the entertainment business you will never know. Might be some changes there.
from "Director Retail and D2C @The Walt Disney Company The Netherlands"

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #105
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I just came in here to post that, looks like the December/November thing I just said was right. They are going 2015, I would love a Holiday Release though. All the merchandise to buy. Very cool.

That and I will bet since (most likely) Episode VIII will be by another director they will start working on it soon and have it for May 2017 avoid Avatar. I would almost guarantee that is what will happen.

Last edited by Solidus; 11-05-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #106
Mr.M
Side-Kick

That's way too short a turn around. Episode 7 in late 2015 and Episode 8 in summer 2017? Is this the new Harry Potter franchise? Iger must be desperate if that is the schedule.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #107
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
That's way too short a turn around. Episode 7 in late 2015 and Episode 8 in summer 2017? Is this the new Harry Potter franchise? Iger must be desperate if that is the schedule.
They can make multiple films at the same time,, I bet pre-production for Episode VIII (given what I said) is going to be early 2014. Writing etc.....three years is more than enough time. If you read my post it said most likely JJ is not a part of Episode VIII as a director, especially since JJ does not want to leave his family behind two/three time.

EDIT: And if you mean turnaround time for the audience, they were planning new SW films every year anywho. Having one time where it comes out December, and the rest May is not some big deal. Audiences won't care as long as the quality is there. Harry Potter had good quality as well. This one time event would not make anyone super upset, they want SW to start in 2015, and December gives them TONS of time. And they will start on Episode VIII probably very shortly once a script is locked in, and work on the sequel while Episode VII is filming. And I would bet they go back to May (after Episode VII) so again they don't go against Avatar.

Last edited by Solidus; 11-05-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #108
Bim
Side-Kick

I'll start this round of complaining: SW in December? meh

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #109
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I just came in here to post that, looks like the December/November thing I just said was right. They are going 2015, I would love a Holiday Release though. All the merchandise to buy. Very cool.

That and I will bet since (most likely) Episode VIII will be by another director they will start working on it soon and have it for May 2017 avoid Avatar. I would almost guarantee that is what will happen.

What a second. I thought you would pissed about it being pushed back by the way you were acting the other day.

Now you're happy about a push back to Holidays/December 2015? You funny sir.

It's all about Iger/Disney wanting to get paid on their investment sooner rather than later. I told you this. It's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NoLaNitE007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #110
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Quote:
OMG didn't think my post would be picked up like this.Was just guessing period I have no real info on StarWars#StarWars
https://twitter.com/barbieguitar/sta...87161888174080

I think someone got a talking to. Other tweets deleted.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #111
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
What a second. I thought you would pissed about it being pushed back by the way you were acting the other day.

Now you're happy about a push back to Holidays/December 2015? You funny sir.

It's all about Iger/Disney wanting to get paid on their investment sooner rather than later. I told you this. It's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
A few things. I'm not "happy/sad" about anything. Actually (since you are new here) a year ago I figured it would be December, but then as time went on and sources came out it sounded like May. But if you read my posts I said it's going to be 2015, not May 2016 (or the chances are very slim).

Everything is about money, to say other wise is foolish, every movie ever made was made for money. So this is not some "new evil plot" from Disney.

Also my posts indicated many times, it's what JJ feels comfortable with. And Iger allowing them to push it to December shows one thing...he does care about quality and if you look at some of my last posts it was because he had not chosen a "solid" date. Just a roundabout. Iger cares about the quality as well, and December 2015 gives them way way more than enough time, it will have been 3 years alone that JJ worked on it, and another year that George/Kasdan/Ardnt had worked on it. Plenty of time.

JJ said he was originally fine with a Summer 2015 release, it's all up to the film maker, if he feels he can do it, which our last article from THR said so, then so be it. What I want is quality, but they can do it in a certain time, the more time they spend on projects a lot of times it can backfire. But now if JJ says he needs more time, and Iger says December giving him 6 more months is plenty of time and shows that the man wants Quality. Money is always the bottom line in business....everyone knows that.

But ya my whole points have been if JJ feels comfortable with a date, that is what they will do, and it's clear that they are doing it. But it would be 2015 no matter what because even huge films like this 3 years is a lot of time since JJ started working/looking into this project in December of 2012.

But to go further, it may still not be December. But the thing is Iger has not locked in a full date. If JJ can do it by May 2015, do it then, if not it can be December. I think no matter what they are going for 2015 is what I've always been aiming at. But it will come down to JJ. And Iger is clearly giving him enough time.

Last edited by Solidus; 11-05-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #112
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

And it's December 18th. Figured I'd bump this thread since its relevant and all.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #113
Donut
Side-Kick

Now we just need the cast

Last edited by Donut; 11-08-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #114
Grievous
Miss Me?

I think I would of rather of had a summer release, but I'm happy to have a release date regardless.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force nowÖfor this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #115
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I like the winter release. Will be a nice change of pace. Bring it on. But I don't think they should continue there when the Avatar sequels hit. I'd rather they move to May after that. May 2018 for Episode VIII. Avengers 3 may also target that day, so Disney has to mix and match. Maybe Avengers goes to July.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #116
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

So M:I5 is coming out right after Episode 7's OW.

How much traction do you think it'll take away?

Old 11-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #117
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I bet they were committed to the summer 2015 date then someone whispered "high Christmas toy sales" to the top brass and they suddenly decided to push it back.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #118
sueb1863
Side-Kick

Being released during the summer never hurt the Christmas toy sales for the other movies, though.

I still think the release date is eventually going to be pushed back to summer 2016. We'll see!

sueb1863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #119
Octoberist
point blank

Good ole Summer 2016.

People keep saying that without doing some light research on why it's being released in Dec 2015 in the first place.

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #120
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Good ole Summer 2016.

People keep saying that without doing some light research on why it's being released in Dec 2015 in the first place.
Ya people just don't get it. It's December 2015, locked and loaded.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #121
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

LOL more retail people already getting stuff out there.

This is why people in their positions shouldn't be on Twitter.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #122
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
LOL more retail people already getting stuff out there.

This is why people in their positions shouldn't be on Twitter.
Just now?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #123
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Just never.

Twitter is a filter for mental illness. Sorry, but it is.

- CM Punk
Old 11-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #124
LuisTX85
SeŮor Zorro

Officially December 2015!?,Great to have a date now

Old 11-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #125
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I still wouldn't be surprised if it changes.

But Disney promised shareholders it would be 2015, so they have to stick to that I guess.

- CM Punk