Default Re: Confession is good for the Hype. - - - Part 12

Damn, Ultimate.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #302
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
I confess that until just now I did not know about Ultimatehero's work in the film field. I just don't look upon him favorably because of his condescending attitude. There's some practice for you.
As said, you bring your own baggage to the table. Read the post above. And yeah, those who rag on me out of the blue and bring it up out of the blue where it has no place being - yeah, I look down on those people. I look down on those seeing Hollywood figures and those anywhere near the industry as golden calf. I miss the days of Shakespeare.

So, yeah, those who rag on me out of the blue - they are just practice. I'll be honest, my favorite posters on here are actually the ones who are neutral about it and act like they could care less (both on here and in real life). Those who seem like they're screaming "ROT IN THE ETERNAL HELL OF DAMNATION!!!!" scare the living hell out of me, those who are overly gushing I wonder if they're just looking to 'use me' which is irksome, while those who are neutral - I feel completely comfortable around because it means nothing.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 10-25-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #303
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

Isn't that referred to as humble-bragging? Whatever it is, the attitude behind it is the bigger problem than the truth behind it.

But this is about confessions, so I confess to not caring for that kind of attitude, or the condescending "I use you as training" remarks that clearly imply otherwise to the supposed unimportance that somehow keeps coming up.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #304
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

There is no such thing as humble bragging. And the only people who would see it as humble bragging are the ones I look down on who view anywhere near Hollywood as golden calf. Mainly because there are so, so, so MANY people who deserve attention more.

Teelie, question and answer honestly -- how do you feel about people who rag on you? Do you view them as important to you, or as unimportant? When you're kicked down, do you learn to be kicked down or to use that so that you have a better chance at standing back up? Yet, I'm supposed to view those who blatantly ATTACK me sometimes as important to me and nothing to make me stronger for those with similar words?

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 10-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #305
SuperFerret
Hype Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
As said, you bring your own baggage to the table. Read the post above. And yeah, those who rag on me out of the blue and bring it up out of the blue where it has no place being - yeah, I look down on those people. I look down on those seeing Hollywood figures and those anywhere near the industry as golden calf. I miss the days of Shakespeare.

So, yeah, those who rag on me out of the blue - they are just practice. I'll be honest, my favorite posters on here are actually the ones who are neutral about it and act like they could care less (both on here and in real life). Those who seem like they're screaming "ROT IN THE ETERNAL HELL OF DAMNATION!!!!" scare the living hell out of me, those who are overly gushing I wonder if they're just looking to 'use me' which is irksome, while those who are neutral - I feel completely comfortable around because it means nothing.
You're digging it deeper. Nobody likes people with that sort of attitude. I mean, yeah, this is a mostly anonymous website and most of the people here are not going to matter to anyone one way or another, but you're not supposed to say it.

H.E.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #306
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Superferret, question and answer honestly -- how do you feel about people who rag on you? Do you view them as important to you, or as unimportant? When you're kicked down, do you learn to be kicked down or to use that so that you have a better chance at standing back up? Yet, I'm supposed to view those who blatantly ATTACK me sometimes as important to me and nothing to make me stronger for those with similar words?

KEY: I wasn't saying everyone was not important and that I view them as practice, I view most on here as important - I was ONLY stating those who attack me. The post was made after another poster - out of the blue - brought up that he viewed me as an "insider" while he was berating me in a thread where it had no place in being and without me even bringing it up and it having no pertinence AT ALL to what was being discussed. So, yeah, if you're saying I'm guilty for viewing those who attack me and their attacks on me as unimportant to me and that their attacks bounce off of me? Yeah, I'm guilty of that. That's ALL I was saying - that their attacks mean nothing to me.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 10-25-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #307
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Did you just copy paste the same question twice?

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
Old 10-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #308
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
Did you just copy paste the same question twice?
Yep. And because I know everyone has the same answer:

"No, I do not view those who constantly attack me and their attacks on me as important to me. But, I do use their attacks to be able to better bounce back from any other obstacles I face."

Old 10-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #309
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
You're digging it deeper. Nobody likes people with that sort of attitude. I mean, yeah, this is a mostly anonymous website and most of the people here are not going to matter to anyone one way or another, but you're not supposed to say it.
keyword is "mostly" anonymous.

the mods know all

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official Nov/Dec Fan Art Contest
Old 10-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #310
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

I usually ignore it or at most feel mild irritation. Although it's rare it happens because I don't prompt it by positioning myself to be a target as you have.

Most of the time if someone does attack me blatantly, I let the moderators handle it. I don't go on to respond to tell them about my job and how I have some kind of special inside track or special knowledge.

No one else here I know of makes a deal of their profession as you have. No one else here I know of has been harassed, attacked or given a hard time for their profession. You are the only one I see who has been repeatedly "targeted" for it and you still fail to see why.

It's not the job. Most of us here could give a **** you work in Hollywood. It's the attitude behind it. The way you prompt provocation by declaring how unimportant your job is all the while promoting it as you talk about things you know something no one else does. Then you go on about how those who "attack" you are practice, further making yourself look bad.

Guess what? Most of us find it rude and treat it in kind. Perhaps you should take into consideration the next time someone "attacks" your way of communicating your employment in Hollywood that it is not you work there but how you keep wielding it.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #311
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator

no one views hollywood figures as golden calves around here. i surely don't.

if you're a writer, that's great. share your talents, talk about your projects. no one really cares about who you know and how they can open doors for you. and i mean that objectively to any workfield. when we talk work, we never brag about our coworkers and what they do and how they can open doors for us, you know?

i can pretty much guarantee that if you didn't mention it so much, the people you think are targetting you wouldn't say anything about it. like teelie said, it's not your profession or your connections, it's how you portray them and the way you mention them that's off putting

Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #312
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

So Teelie, basically you view me as unimportant and my "attacks" (which some for god knows what reason see it that way by mentioning things) as unimportant? Yes, it's a trick question which your post has made your answer basically abundantly clear. I'm doing the same thing. Those who 'attack' or 'berate,' they're not important to me and I just shrug them off.

Those who are neutral and seem to talk neutrally I respect. ComicChick being an example. Yeah, she doesn't always have positive things to say. But, I respect her.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #313
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

I see you as no more important than anyone else. Only you promote yourself as more important and those who dare to call you on the arrogance as "training." Because a message board full of people you don't know, who don't care are somehow a tool to be used for your future as someone who will be important one day.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #314
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Key: I posted this directly after a poster brought up me being an "insider" (their words, not mine) -- on a thread where I DIDN'T mention it at all, in a thread where it had NO place in being at all, and they were the FIRST to mention it out of the blue. And that is by far not the first time that that has happened. So, that came from no self-promotion, as some see it (others have not and have told me this in private messenging (and see those who view things that way as over-reacting, just scared to say it not on private messenging (what does that say about others who do have the opposite attitude?)), just from someone who's holding a torch.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 10-25-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #315
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator

they were probably just picking at you because they know it riles you up. nothing more

Old 10-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #316
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
they were probably just picking at you because they know it riles you up. nothing more
Hasn't been the first time, and not just that one poster. AND it shows that it happens where I don't bring it up at all.

As said, those who attack me are unimportant to me and so are their attacks. Those who are neutral but don't always say positive things - some negative, I respect.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #317
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
So Teelie, basically you view me as unimportant and my "attacks" (which some for god knows what reason see it that way by mentioning things) as unimportant? Yes, it's a trick question which your post has made your answer basically abundantly clear. I'm doing the same thing. Those who 'attack' or 'berate,' they're not important to me and I just shrug them off.

Those who are neutral and seem to talk neutrally I respect. ComicChick being an example. Yeah, she doesn't always have positive things to say. But, I respect her.
I confess that It irritates the hell out of me when people don't capitalize "God."

:o
Old 10-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #318
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

It depends on if you mean the God or a god which in this case would be "a" god, not "the" God. I think. The phrasing is a little funny.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #319
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
It depends on if you mean the God or a god which in this case would be "a" god, not "the" God. I think. The phrasing is a little funny.
He's using a turn of phrase that the latter is implied.

:o

Last edited by jaymes_e06; 10-25-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #320
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

I think I've gotten temporarily eye-strain induced dyslexia because I kept reading it like "for some god" as if it were just a random one. Too much time staring at the computer screen today.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #321
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

This thread is getting pretty crazy. I dig it.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
H.E
Old 10-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #322
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

That does it, I'm contacting my connections in Hollywood to put a stop to this!!!

H.E
Old 10-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #323
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Wow, you must be a pretty big deal

H.E
Old 10-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #324
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
Wow, you must be a pretty big deal
I confess that I am.

H.E
Old 10-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #325
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
if you want to keep your anonymity, don't bring it up lol
you can talk about your job and what you do, without mentioning all the connections and people you know, without actually mentioning them.

honestly, if i didn't want people to know i was a high class supermodel, the first thing i would do is never talk about it.

as for the movie of your friend's, nothing at all wrong with supporting a friend. had you said that from the get-go i bet you would've actually gotten a much more positive response. so i hope in the future should the opportunity arise, that's the way you would approach it rather than the way you did.
to all of this.

I'm a member of a forum where some people are pretty big names in their field, or are officials or are even related to the people we discuss. NOBODY says ANYTHING about what they do or who they are. I mean, we do have one guy who we know is an official, because he uses his real name as his username. But otherwise, nothing. Bupkiss.

They know that talking about their work (whatever it is - we have lawyers, policymakers, designers, professors, doctors, I even met my Hollywood sound mixer friend from this forum) can come back later to bite them in the ass. They do not talk about their work in any sort of detail. They can display their knowledge when the subject comes up that's related to their work, but no way do they get into specifics.

Now, all of these posters (including me) are older than you Ultimatehero, so maybe you just haven't been burned yet. But posting about what you, as an aspiring film screenwriter, are doing in any sort of detail on a forum whose main subject IS movies....I'd be very very careful about what I share.

I live in LA. A number of people I know are aspiring screenwriters. (A friend of mine even gets paid to write, and I've met a few writers and actors that people here have probably heard of.) But none of them do what you are doing on this forum. That's why you're such an easy target, because nobody else is offering himself up like this.

And yeah, seriously, if you had a friend who wanted people to know about his movie, it would've been best to be upfront about your connection. The way you went about it made you look like a spambot.