Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #326
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Default Re: Confession is good for the Hype. - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
:Now, all of these posters (including me) are older than you Ultimatehero, so maybe you just haven't been burned yet. But posting about what you, as an aspiring film screenwriter, are doing in any sort of detail on a forum whose main subject IS movies....I'd be very very careful about what I share.
It's why I actively avoid specifics. I promoted one movie, while I've purposefully kept really quiet about the all the others. No one can name one other movie that I know someone involved with or has any idea what studio it's with. As to getting burned, that's why I've never mentioned anything concerning anyone that I know nor have I ever released any information concerning any upcoming projects - so, I've never broken or breached anything and more than intend to keep it that way for that very reason among the obvious other reasons.

Quote:
They can display their knowledge when the subject comes up that's related to their work, but no way do they get into specifics.
This is what I've been aiming at getting better at and over the year, I believe I have because it's become a lot less specific. In the future, once everything is settled, I'm either going to use this username or another to come forward with complete details (including my name). That could be considered offering myself up. But, I don't really believe in a divide between the screen and the audience. And I've always aspired to try to establish a back-and-forth online presence which I've been aiming at getting better and working out the kinks as well. It's not quite there yet. But, that's why I'm "offering myself up" while keeping my identity muddled. That inter-connectivity is a BIG part of my dream for the future. Breaking that barrier even further.

And yeah, about a year ago, I should have been more quiet than I was. Today, I think I've managed to find the right balance in what I offer up. In the last three months, only promoted one movie and mentioned it without real specifics in the personal sections. More people actually seem to bring it up now than I do, or at least it seems like it to me, while others have forgotten or think I'm a con man (which being an enigma, imo, is good because that means I'm not completely taken serious). Nor am I anyone of any real importance, hell I'm all the way down in the south lol as far as you can get from any big city.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 10-25-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #327
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
It's why I actively avoid specifics. I promoted one movie, while I've purposefully kept really quiet about the all the others. No one can name one other movie that I know someone involved with or has any idea what studio it's with. As to getting burned, that's why I've never mentioned anything concerning anyone that I know nor have I ever released any information concerning any upcoming projects - so, I've never broken or breached anything and more than intend to keep it that way for that very reason among the obvious other reasons.
I know you've avoided mentioning stuff THAT specific, but you've given enough information that someone snooping on here working at whichever company you've interned at (I think it was WB), might be able to find out who you are and that you're posting here.

That's the kind of bridge you don't want to burn, especially if this is an industry you want to work in.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #328
Victarion
Cut

I confess that getting a couple of grad school interviews seems to be making me lazy.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #329
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I know you've avoided mentioning stuff THAT specific, but you've given enough information that someone snooping on here working at whichever company you've interned at (I think it was WB), might be able to find out who you are and that you're posting here.

That's the kind of bridge you don't want to burn, especially if this is an industry you want to work in.
That was one of them, but I jumped around to Disney, Eurocorp, Fox, and Universal too over the months and some others (granted, not many would know the names here since they're more indie oriented). The last one was Lionsgate within a year or so ago. Warners' company, was DC for a couple of months, thus how I got to see some of the information there for Wonder Woman (as hinted to kinda, before).

So, I'm a 25 year old bisexual now living somewhere in the south having interned at Disney, Eurocorp, Universal, Lionsgate, Warners' Dc, among others. I can't say any more than that though.

ADDING: Also, pretty sure no one can get burned from saying absolutely nothing about the people he knows (just that I see them as family) nor revealing any information on the films he's worked on. I lead a squeaky clean life lifestyle and don't have a history.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 10-25-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #330
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
That was one of them, but I jumped around to Disney, Eurocorp, Fox, and Universal too over the months and some others (granted, not many would know the names here since they're more indie oriented). The last one was Lionsgate within a year or so ago. Warners' company, was DC for a couple of months, thus how I got to see some of the information there for Wonder Woman (as hinted to kinda, before).
Did you even take a single glance at the PM I sent you earlier?

It's namedropping like this that makes you seem like you're fishing for attention from fans. Because this is a fan forum. It's for fans. Not for creators, even though a few creators might pop in here and there. But it isn't about creators actually getting their work done. If any creators are here, they are here as fans too. You're talking to a wall here. Or more like, you're talking to a mirror.

If you want to network and make a name with the places you've been (which you can't do here because you aren't even using your real name), go to Twitter. SHH is not the place for it.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #331
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Yep, I saw the PM. All right, enough with the name dropping. Unsure what came over me lol.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #332
Anubis
Sup?

While it seems we're doing Ultimatehero therapy tonight, nobody really gives a s**t that you're adopted.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #333
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Dude, nobody mentioned that at all tonight and that isn't what this is about at all. Some people just have an issue of me stating that people like you aren't important at all to me and that I see your attacks only good for making my skin tougher for when I run up against comments like that on IMDB. So, thank you.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 10-25-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #334
Anubis
Sup?

I'm just saying, it's like, you only talk about two things, your secret connections, and how you're adopted.

It's all you ever talk about. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's an issue. I feel it should be addressed.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #335
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Me talking about my career isn't an issue. Me only having my career is an issue.

Me being adopted isn't an issue. Me losing my biological parents (yes there is a BIG difference in how it's phrased) is an issue. One that, I doubt you even care because it does sound like you're just trying to be a dick, I'm considering trying therapy for again so I can move on with my life and stop shoving people away. That's also why I'm writing the estranged biological father film -- coming face to face with that presence in my mind-scape and confronting him head on.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #336
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
While it seems we're doing Ultimatehero therapy tonight, nobody really gives a s**t that you're adopted.
Damn, man. That's

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #337
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Damn, man. That's

I confess, I thought TPC was going to sleep.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #338
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I confess, I thought TPC was going to sleep.

I'm about to right now. I confess that I was just occupied, reading what went down in the thread earlier.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #339
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
Me talking about my career isn't an issue. Me only having my career is an issue.

Me being adopted isn't an issue. Me losing my biological parents (yes there is a BIG difference in how it's phrased) is an issue. One that, I doubt you even care because it does sound like you're just trying to be a dick, I'm considering trying therapy for again so I can move on with my life and stop shoving people away. That's also why I'm writing the estranged biological father film -- coming face to face with that presence in my mind-scape and confronting him head on.

I think you should do that. I think it has a lot to do with the way you tend to act around here.

I'm just saying, everybodies got baggage. But we try not to go around tellin' every Tom, Dick, and cyber Harry about it. You don't see me constantly going on about that time I got shot do you? How I'm still dealing with PTSD? I still wake up in the middle of night every now and then in a cold sweat from nightmares of that day? No. There's a time and place.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #340
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I'd say that's true. And that's what I keep slipping back into - letting the abandonment define me which is what I need to get past.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #341
Anubis
Sup?

Exactly.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #342
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I confess that for most of my life, I've tried to live my life in a way that would prevent me from ever walking down the same path as my father and ending up like him. But if there's something I've realized, especially in the past year, it's that I should've done more to make sure that I don't end up like my mother either. There's so much contention between us and some of the traits and things that she does that really infuriates me are the same things I hate myself for.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #343
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

I confess that I'm not the man I thought I was.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #344
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

I confess that it's officially my birthday yet I feel depressed and empty. Apparently birthday depression is common according to the internet. I even had a good day today.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #345
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I confess that I have a combination of a head cold and chest infection and it is really pissing me off. Can't sleep, I'm constantly sneezing and coughing...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 10-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #346
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
I confess I wish I was the man that I'd like to be...

EDIT
But, I am working on it... Some days I do better than others.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".

Last edited by RetrogradeOrbit; 10-27-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #347
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradeOrbit View Post
I confess I wish I was the man that I'd like to be...
I can relate to both of these statements.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #348
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Me too.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 10-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #349
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I confess that for most of my life, I've tried to live my life in a way that would prevent me from ever walking down the same path as my father and ending up like him. But if there's something I've realized, especially in the past year, it's that I should've done more to make sure that I don't end up like my mother either. There's so much contention between us and some of the traits and things that she does that really infuriates me are the same things I hate myself for.
There are some things which can't be helped, we all have certain traits which are genetically built in. Even some of our behavioural traits.
Don't beat yourself up too much, just try to do the best with what you have to work with...

Old 10-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #350
ComicChick
refuse to feel the flames
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhammer View Post
i confess that it's officially my birthday yet i feel depressed and empty. Apparently birthday depression is common according to the internet. I even had a good day today.

happy birthday

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
Closed Thread