The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #376
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Very interesting.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 09-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #377
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Yeah, I saw that. Seems weird. Already in October?
Very weird! I hope they reply to my email with some more information. If you sign up they'll send you details closer to October 19th, so we should know more in a few weeks.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #378
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

So if they are doing some "extras" shooting, then that must mean that the screenplay/script is done? I dunno. Anyways, I wonder if they just want to go ahead and get it over with, so they don't have to worry about it during filming that starts in February? Get this done, and they can start post production sooner. Just a guess.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 09-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #379
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Okay, so if you don't really like Marvel's "human" characters then why do you want to see more interaction between super heroes and normal people?
I don't think I like any of the characters in the Marvel-verse, not since they rebooted Hulk.

Quote:
(which, I really have to stress, we're not actually getting any less of, I really don't understand your criticism here)
Pepper Potts was in the avengers for 45 seconds, and people who do like her won't see her again, as iron man will now primarily show up in avengers movies.

Quote:
I don't understand what the difference is. And I don't understand why those two things are mutually exclusive.
They are mutually exclusive. They can only make one movie every 2 years, and then it will only be 2 hours long. If you have more hero-hero interactions, then you have less hero-human interactions.

I like Superman's supporting cast, his parents, Lois, the daily planet, etc. When you focus on superhero crossovers, you effectively delete that supporting cast. The same is true of every other hero's supporting cast. You might argue that the friendship with Batman is a defining part of Superman's life, but I don't see it as so defining that it needs to push aside the Daily Planet, etc.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #380
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Pepper Potts was in the avengers for 45 seconds, and people who do like her won't see her again, as iron man will now primarily show up in avengers movies.
But she was in the Iron Man movies a ton. Also there might be an Iron Man 4 we don't know yet. She wasn't in The Avengers much but The Avengers was the movie where you see the superhero team ups. We see the civilian supporting casts in the solo films. We're not seeing any less of the interaction between super heroes and civilians, we're just getting one extra movie where we don't see much of it.

Quote:
They are mutually exclusive. They can only make one movie every 2 years, and then it will only be 2 hours long.
Which is what the filming schedule would be wether they had a shared universe or not. The Avengers movies don't limit the number of super hero solo movies.

Quote:
If you have more hero-hero interactions, then you have less hero-human interactions.
Which would be a problem if we were getting the super hero team ups in the solo films. But, for the most part, we're not.

Quote:
I like Superman's supporting cast, his parents, Lois, the daily planet, etc. When you focus on superhero crossovers, you effectively delete that supporting cast. The same is true of every other hero's supporting cast. You might argue that the friendship with Batman is a defining part of Superman's life, but I don't see it as so defining that it needs to push aside the Daily Planet, etc.
Which is all the more reason for DC to do things the way Marvel is doing. Save the team ups for a separate film and give Superman a proper sequel on his own so his supporting cast can get some play.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #381
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Which is all the more reason for DC to do things the way Marvel is doing. Save the team ups for a separate film and give Superman a proper sequel on his own so his supporting cast can get some play.
I'm still hoping we get to see that with this cast. Not everything would be resolved with these teamup movies and seeing the characters and Metropolis more seasoned and more established, after what will have been a lot, could make a more interesting Superman movie down the line.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #382
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
But she was in the Iron Man movies a ton. Also there might be an Iron Man 4 we don't know yet. She wasn't in The Avengers much but The Avengers was the movie where you see the superhero team ups. We see the civilian supporting casts in the solo films. We're not seeing any less of the interaction between super heroes and civilians, we're just getting one extra movie where we don't see much of it.

Which is what the filming schedule would be wether they had a shared universe or not. The Avengers movies don't limit the number of super hero solo movies.

Which would be a problem if we were getting the super hero team ups in the solo films. But, for the most part, we're not.

I have no problem with team-up movies if they are in addition to solo movies. However, I'm not sure that's the case here. I see Goyer and Snyder working on a team-up movie when they could be working on MoS II. It looks like a replacement, and if the choice is between one and the other, then I pick solo movies. All the screentime for Batman cuts into screentime for Lois, Perry, Martha... and all of the screentime for Superman cuts into the screentime for Gordon, Alfred, etc. I consider the team-up inherently inferior to the solo because the characters each have their own tones and universes that become sacrificed for the team-up, which I consider glorified fanfiction. However, if we can have both, then I'll enjoy the glorified fan fiction.

I will withdraw all of my criticisms on this matter if WB announces that MoS II will be released in summer 2016. Unfortunately, I just don't see that happening. I see WB turning the justice league into the X-Men.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 09-21-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #383
roach
I am the night

I signed up

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 09-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #384
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Christian Bale's Batman audition tape has surfaced!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #385
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ And yet, I like this "swear to me" a LOT better then the one in the final film

Old 09-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #386
Loki882
Side-Kick

Comparing Avengers to this isn't really accurate. Avengers had SIX heroes, plus the SHIELD supporting allies. This has TWO heroes, and no SHIELD equivalent.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #387
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I love how he turned to camera to say "I'm Batman."

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 09-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #388
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGiFF View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The voice is awesome on the audition tape. I wish they didn't go overboard with the voice in TDK and TDKR

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 09-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #389
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Looks cheesy as hell. I wish they hadn't cast Bale.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:32 AM   #390
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Looks cheesy as hell. I wish they hadn't cast Bale.
Who would you have cast?

Old 09-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #391
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Awesome!

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #392
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Who would you have cast?
Most definitely not Bale. What were the other available options then?

Old 09-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #393
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Most definitely not Bale. What were the other available options then?
it was down to bale and gyllenhaal

Old 09-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #394
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
it was down to bale and gyllenhaal
If Gyllenhaal had been selected, could you imagine on how much more worse the internet would have been with the naysayers when Heath was announced for the role of Joker?

Old 09-22-2013, 03:54 AM   #395
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

I loved Bale. Although, I'm really curious as to what Gyllenhaal would have been like. I like him as an actor, personally.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #396
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Cool to see the audition tape, but when it comes to the voice, personally I prefer the actual Begins performance.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #397
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Cool to see the audition tape, but when it comes to the voice, personally I prefer the actual Begins performance.
I do too, but from what I understand, his voice what digitally enhanced/altered during post-production after filming TDK. Apparently he spoke normally while filming, because they didn't want him to strain his voice. Then in TDKR, it was all Bale. I don't know this for fact, but it's what Chris from Batman News told me.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #398
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly, if the whole theory is true that MOS and this new film with Batman is part of an intended trilogy leading/concluding with the Justice League film, then where would/will DC/Warner go from there?

Will they still use Superman to be the glue to brings this all together in the lead up to the second Justice League film or will we see another character used for that? Will we ever get solo films with either Flash, Green Lantern, Batman, or Wonder Woman? Etc.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #399
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I had hoped MOS would have settled all these questions heroLee, but the answer is most likely things are still in flux.

The competition is so insane now with the huge tentpole event films and to a certain extent WB strategy for exploiting their DC stable is still very ad hoc.

I think they may want to try a counter approach as compared to MARVEL. I know the one thing I do wish they would copy from MARVEL is to have a talented brain trust guiding things both on the production and creative side. WB should have a FEIGE/WHEDON and co. of their own. I like Snyder and Goyer am very far from being overly critical of them, but I think they are best suited to their current roles. Of course this is well worn territiry by now and I guess I'm not adding anything new.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #400
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Could be pickup crowd shots that they want in a certain area that benefits them with October weather rather than February.

Closed Thread