The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #576
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Having Wonder Woman, or rather Diana, in the film could work. But only if:

A) She never suits up.

B) She never fights.

C) She doesn't have too much affect on the main story.

and

D) Her true identity is kept a secret, AT LEAST, until late in the film. Similar to IM2, where Natasha Romanoff was known as "Natalie Rushman" until her identity as SHIELD Agent Black Widow was revealed 2/3rds into the film. Do something along the lines of that, but delay longer than that film did and keep it low key.
yeah, I'd like something like that. her solo could be a film in the past as some here have synopsized, and if you need to suit her up, let her handle a threat that has to do with the main antogonist without either batman and superman finding out. maybe she's gone incognito in response to a larger threat (the threat they could face in jl) and has come to the states for a closer look at supes and batman.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #577
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
No I was referring to Bruce's lover being the villain

the February start date has been known for months.

THOUGH Poison Ivy as a manipulator I dunno that fits doesn't it
I was speculating. Thus far, we only know of returning cast, Batman and unknown female role.

So, going off of only what we know, unless this is a straight Batman Vs Superman, I was guessing the unknown female role could be a villain.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #578
Audrey
Side-Kick

So I guess hoping that Lois Lane (the ACTUAL female lead of the Superman franchise) gets any of the development she deserves in this movie is just a waste of time at this point. Clearly, she's not a priority at all to these people.

Honestly, I love Amy Adams. But she's way too good for this. She's going to be possibly be a double Oscar nominee this year (Lead for American Hustle and Supporting for Her). She deserves better than this. How freaking rude to her to have these notices going up about a "new female lead." SHE was supposed to be the female lead. She was hired to a Superman franchise to be the female lead. And then she got Batman thrown in the sequel. And now this? Another woman taking her place? Forget it. She's too good for this.

You know, I adore Wonder Woman. I'd love to see an actual Wonder Woman movie. But at this point....she just doesn't belong in a Superman movie. It was bad enough Batman was going to be in this movie. It is going to be virtually impossible to actually build the Superman world if Wonder Woman is present. She will steal focus and attention even more from the actual narrative that they should have been telling. I don't want her in the film. I'm not interested in her in the film. And I don't believe this is the right way to introduce Wonder woman And I love Wonder Woman. So that really sucks.

If it's Diana in the movie...that's it for me. I'm out.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #579
Loki882
Side-Kick

Were talking about "A" female lead, not THE female lead. A new character will be important, but I seriously doubt that Amy will be pushed to the background. As for her being "too good" for this, she WANT'S to be part of this, she's been trying to play Lois for years. CALM DOWN, people jumping the gun based on little info seems to be a trend of this board.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #580
roach
I am the night

Wait a minute there's another female lead.....she's stealing Lois thunder....Clark will probably be into her and they'll date for a few months....they'll eventually get married and have several kids....Lois will die broke and lonely...having to feed several cats and keeping up her Bridget Jones fan fic blog. All of that will be overshadowed by Batman who will pine after a lesbian and move from Gotham to Boston to be with his genius friend. He'll never be in costume and somehow Jennifer Garner, Matt Damon and Kevin Smith will appear. His Bat-voice will be worst than Bale's...it will be a cross between an overly excited dolphin and Justin Bieber. In fact this movie won't have a villain as the whole movie will be about Clark and Bruce sitting in a coffee shop talking about things that happen off camera.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 09-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #581
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Wait a minute there's another female lead.....she's stealing Lois thunder....Clark will probably be into her and they'll date for a few months....they'll eventually get married and have several kids....Lois will die broke and lonely...having to feed several cats and keeping up her Bridget Jones fan fic blog. All of that will be overshadowed by Batman who will pine after a lesbian and move from Gotham to Boston to be with his genius friend. He'll never be in costume and somehow Jennifer Garner, Matt Damon and Kevin Smith will appear. His Bat-voice will be worst than Bale's...it will be a cross between an overly excited dolphin and Justin Bieber. In fact this movie won't have a villain as the whole movie will be about Clark and Bruce sitting in a coffee shop talking about things that happen off camera.
Bravo, just bravo. You sir are a gentleman, and a scholar.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #582
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Having Wonder Woman, or rather Diana, in the film could work. But only if:

A) She never suits up.

B) She never fights.

C) She doesn't have too much affect on the main story.

and

D) Her true identity is kept a secret, AT LEAST, until late in the film. Similar to IM2, where Natasha Romanoff was known as "Natalie Rushman" until her identity as SHIELD Agent Black Widow was revealed 2/3rds into the film. Do something along the lines of that, but delay longer than that film did and keep it low key.
Agreed.. maybe as a Cameo that both Supes and Bats were searching new recruits and heard of the Amazon Island...

Old 09-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #583
CharlieS
Side-Kick

There was kryptonite in MOS. When the ship of Zod entered the solar system he brought with him many particles.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #584
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Bravo, just bravo. You sir are a gentleman, and a scholar.
I try

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #585
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

So I was at a nearby dollar store, and I passed by some Batman and Superman merchandise. The Superman merchandise featured the MOS shield, but the Batman one had Bat symbol I had not seen before. It was probably from BtB, but it looked like it could fit the MOS shield.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #586
Supercajun
Side-Kick

Headlines are going around that William Shatner wants to play Alfred in the movie. He stated he was up for negotiations to Neil Cavuto on Fox Business.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/...lay-alfred.htm

Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #587
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

pretty sure he just really wants to be alfred. if i recall correctly, he brought it up before. although, I'm not mad at him. i'd be cool with him getting cast.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #588
Rorschach2012
$

Shatner's 82, and he kinda sucks at acting.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #589
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Shatner's 82, and he kinda sucks at acting.

Pop in WRATH OF KHAN and only watch the scenes focused on Shatner. Then come back and give us your opinion.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #590
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Pop in WRATH OF KHAN and only watch the scenes focused on Shatner. Then come back and give us your opinion.
I like Star Trek, Shatner is obviously good at playing Captain Kirk, it's his role pretty much, it's what made him famous.

I think there's a reason Shatner never really took off and became a leading man after Star Trek

I've seen Wrath of Khan.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #591
Rorschach2012
$

With Arrow, Flash, Gotham and Constantine coming to tv, i wouldnt be surprised if this movie turned into a tv show lol

Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #592
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
So I guess hoping that Lois Lane (the ACTUAL female lead of the Superman franchise) gets any of the development she deserves in this movie is just a waste of time at this point. Clearly, she's not a priority at all to these people.

Honestly, I love Amy Adams. But she's way too good for this. She's going to be possibly be a double Oscar nominee this year (Lead for American Hustle and Supporting for Her). She deserves better than this. How freaking rude to her to have these notices going up about a "new female lead." SHE was supposed to be the female lead. She was hired to a Superman franchise to be the female lead. And then she got Batman thrown in the sequel. And now this? Another woman taking her place? Forget it. She's too good for this.

You know, I adore Wonder Woman. I'd love to see an actual Wonder Woman movie. But at this point....she just doesn't belong in a Superman movie. It was bad enough Batman was going to be in this movie. It is going to be virtually impossible to actually build the Superman world if Wonder Woman is present. She will steal focus and attention even more from the actual narrative that they should have been telling. I don't want her in the film. I'm not interested in her in the film. And I don't believe this is the right way to introduce Wonder woman And I love Wonder Woman. So that really sucks.

If it's Diana in the movie...that's it for me. I'm out.
You really just sound ridiculous it's funny haha

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #593
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like Star Trek, Shatner is obviously good at playing Captain Kirk, it's his role pretty much, it's what made him famous.

I think there's a reason Shatner never really took off and became a leading man after Star Trek

I've seen Wrath of Khan.
Shatner needs to be in a Tarantino film before he dies any way.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #594
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

BTW... What's all this WW talk? We don't know much of anything about this films plot or story sans, it's gonna have Bats and Supes.... Now Lois is being replaced by Diana in the film? Say what? Is this the usual fanboy/girl nonsense?

Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #595
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
BTW... What's all this WW talk? We don't know much of anything about this films plot or story sans, it's gonna have Bats and Supes.... Now Lois is being replaced by Diana in the film? Say what? Is this the usual fanboy/girl nonsense?
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/...tman-superman/

Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #596
Loki882
Side-Kick

A John Constantine TV show, oh HELL YES!!!!

Old 09-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #597
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Thank you roach.

Not going to jump right to "it's got to be WW" myself. Or anything. But... Well if it is Diana they are looking to cast then my MOS->WF->TRINITY->JLA idea may be closer to reality than just my fevered mind.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #598
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
With Arrow, Flash, Gotham and Constantine coming to tv, i wouldnt be surprised if this movie turned into a tv show lol

Constantine is coming to TV? I wonder who's in the running for John.

Anyway....Superman vs Batman who has a love interest. Do we know the love interest is Diana? from the Casting Call, it seems they ask for someone just strong, surely if they were casting Diana, it would be more descripted....I don't know, like hair colour and build for example.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #599
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Plus, introducing Diana on the big screen for the first time as Bruce Wayne's Love Interest kind of defeats the purpose of trying to establish her as a credible hero that can carry a film on her own and somewhat degrades on what the character stands for.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #600
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

I think it's much more likely it could be Kara, tied into Clark finding out that he isn't the last kryptonian. Though Kara being Bruce's love interest? maybe she does that to help seek Kal-El out or something, if she knows Bruce is going after him.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Closed Thread