The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - Part 13

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - Part 12

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,065
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
Uhh, males are considerably larger than females and can put on muscle a lot easier due to excessive testosterone. That's not really a fair (or logical) comparison to back up what you're arguing. But since you used males as an example, here's an article of two hardgainers who put in the work to bulk up: http://bonytobeastly.com/the-tale-of-two-ectomorphs/

If those two gents could do it on their own in 4 months, imagine what Hollywood funded trainers or Gym Jones could do in 8 to 9 (Cavill trained for a total of 9 months for Man of Steel).
Alright perhaps unfair example for the guys but I gave a female example too or did you just glaze over that and only read what you wanted to read? My point is that some people are just prepositioned to be a certain body frame. The same can be said about another WW contender from a while back Oddette Yustman who has admittedly not been able to gain weight no matter how hard she tries. Some peoples body chemistry just doesn't work to attain enough muscle mass to be considered imposing. Jessica Biel has the most ideal frame for WW but she isn't much of an actress.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,714
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
Cavill trained for a total of 9 months for Man of Steel.
Cavill has more of a mesomorph body type (or a combination of meso and ecto). The actor's a bit on the small boned side, but he has a good wide frame and a slower metabolism, which allows for quicker mass building. His huge transformation for MOS was certainly a feat worthy of admiration. To quote another Hype member, "I think the cornerstones of male aesthetics are the V shape, muscle definition, abdominals and size/symmetry, and Cavill's excels at all."

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Any Carolina
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 898
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Teagone and Jonwo

Well, I would like to adapt WW The New 52.

Brian Azzarello delivers one of the best sources of character from The New 52. Actually, this is not an origin story, but the writer can show us all about the roots of the Amazon Princess amid a plot involving a conflict with Greek deities (the way everyone expected). Even better, he altered a crucial element of the source without damaging the mythological concept of the character, which gave the title a load dramatic as never seen in years of their stories. A master balcony! In the first few numbers Azzarello leaves hooks and more hooks that will continue yielding excellent adventures for Wonder Woman.

I want a more nude makeup but with the traditional red lipstick.

I want straighter hair, but with a ondulamentos and color would be blue-black.

Any Carolina is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,509
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

even if she had difficulty gaining weight, she wouldn't have to gain that much since she's already somewhat imposing. she should look fit.



she's got a similar dimensions as former professional volleyball player gabriele reece, i think getting to that level physically would be ideal for her.

__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
Any Carolina
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 898
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Alright perhaps unfair example for the guys but I gave a female example too or did you just glaze over that and only read what you wanted to read? My point is that some people are just prepositioned to be a certain body frame. The same can be said about another WW contender from a while back Oddette Yustman who has admittedly not been able to gain weight no matter how hard she tries. Some peoples body chemistry just doesn't work to attain enough muscle mass to be considered imposing. Jessica Biel has the most ideal frame for WW but she isn't much of an actress.
Yes, in case male becomes easier, muscle structure is different and has the genetics, can not see many people with a genetic as good as the Bale.

Any Carolina is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,065
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
even if she had difficulty gaining weight, she wouldn't have to gain that much since she's already somewhat imposing. she should look fit.



she's got a similar dimensions as former professional volleyball player gabriele reece, i think getting to that level physically would be ideal for her.
Gabriele's frame is a bit more naturally curvy but I get what your saying and if she can get to that point then I would more than welcome her as WW.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
Any Carolina
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 898
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

ArmsHeldOut How do you have more knowledge in this area than I would like to tell me what you think of the body of Emily?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/...unt-10297.html

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:












Any Carolina is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,509
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

emily is a mesomorph as well.

__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,509
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Gabriele's frame is a bit more naturally curvy but I get what your saying and if she can get to that point then I would more than welcome her as WW.
she is and has been a professional athlete for some time so she should be more muscular then the actor. in her younger days, she's since aged and had children so she's gained a little weight.


__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,714
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any Carolina View Post
ArmsHeldOut How do you have more knowledge in this area than I would like to tell me what you think of the body of Emily?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/...unt-10297.html

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:











Emily's a mesomorph. A good way to tell someone's body type is by observing the size of his/her wrists. (Someone with very small wrists, for example, is usually an ectomorph.) That's not always the defining factor though. A lot of people are actually a combination of two of the three types as well.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
teagone
Countryside General
 
teagone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 605
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Alright perhaps unfair example for the guys but I gave a female example too or did you just glaze over that and only read what you wanted to read? My point is that some people are just prepositioned to be a certain body frame. The same can be said about another WW contender from a while back Oddette Yustman who has admittedly not been able to gain weight no matter how hard she tries. Some peoples body chemistry just doesn't work to attain enough muscle mass to be considered imposing. Jessica Biel has the most ideal frame for WW but she isn't much of an actress.
I was moreso poking fun at the line about how your biggest concern with Debicki was that she could never pull off what Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans did. I ignored the bit about Jolie because it's not an apt comparison seeing as how Debicki (while slim) is considerably larger than her and because your argument was fixed on both Evans and Hemsworth's body frames being the right foundations to build proper muscle. But yeah, totally agree with you on Biel and the above mentions of Gabrielle Reece. Those are ideal body types for WW imo.

teagone is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
Any Carolina
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 898
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Emily's a mesomorph. A good way to tell someone's body type is by observing the size of his/her wrists. (Someone with very small wrists, for example, is usually an ectomorph.) That's not always the defining factor though. A lot of people are actually a combination of two of the three types as well.
What would be the most appropriate body type then?

About biotype of Emily, would be appropriate?

NOTE: If I post a picture of me, could you tell me which category am I?

Any Carolina is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
Any Carolina
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 898
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
I was moreso poking fun at the line about how your biggest concern with Debicki was that she could never pull off what Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans did. I ignored the bit about Jolie because it's not an apt comparison seeing as how Debicki (while slim) is considerably larger than her and because your argument was fixed on both Evans and Hemsworth's body frames being the right foundations to build proper muscle. But yeah, totally agree with you on Biel and the above mentions of Gabrielle Reece. Those are ideal body types for WW imo.
I think the body of Lynn Collins in John Carter is perfect for WW.

Any Carolina is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #16
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,714
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any Carolina View Post
What would be the most appropriate body type then?

About biotype of Emily, would be appropriate?

NOTE: If I post a picture of me, could you tell me which category am I?
I personally think Gemma Arterton has a really good body type for the role. The actress has a wide imposing frame and very good posture as well; she exudes strength without losing femininity.



Emily Blunt also has a good body type. She's very fit and would look even more impressive subsequent to undergoing a strict training regimen I think.

As of now, I'd be fine with either Gemma or Emily. I prefer Emily as an actress though and find her more attractive.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,065
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - Part 13

^Yep, She's my favorite for the role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
I was moreso poking fun at the line about how your biggest concern with Debicki was that she could never pull off what Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans did. I ignored the bit about Jolie because it's not an apt comparison seeing as how Debicki (while slim) is considerably larger than her and because your argument was fixed on both Evans and Hemsworth's body frames being the right foundations to build proper muscle. But yeah, totally agree with you on Biel and the above mentions of Gabrielle Reece. Those are ideal body types for WW imo.
Your right Jolie isn't a good comparison she has a much more imposing body type naturally than Debicki IMO.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,221
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Considering where WW comes from, would people prefer to see a foreign actress play her? I love Emily Blunt, but would people want say a Greek actress to play WW for example?

Loki882 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #19
batboy99
BTVS
 
batboy99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,151
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Honestly, I totally down with the likes of Gina Torres or Paula Patton playing her(Or someone like them)

__________________
'' As beautiful as Aphrodite, as wise as
Athena, swifter than Hermes, and
Stronger than Hercules.''
DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #20
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 704
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Considering where WW comes from, would people prefer to see a foreign actress play her? I love Emily Blunt, but would people want say a Greek actress to play WW for example?
I'd prefer they look at foreign actresses. Possibly Greek or German.

Hamill-Joker is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #21
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 19,390
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

German? You want Antje Traue don't you?

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #22
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 704
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
German? You want Antje Traue don't you?
No, I look at Antje Traue and she wasn't on anyone's radar prior to Man of Steel.

And that makes me feel like people are narrowing their view too much. I still think the best option is looking for an mainly unknown actress.

Hamill-Joker is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #23
ralphuniverse
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 138
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Considering where WW comes from, would people prefer to see a foreign actress play her? I love Emily Blunt, but would people want say a Greek actress to play WW for example?
Wheres she comes from? William Moulton Marston's brain and the brains of his two wives. I think the nationality of the actress is the least of your problems.

ta

Ralph

ralphuniverse is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #24
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,883
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Considering where WW comes from, would people prefer to see a foreign actress play her? I love Emily Blunt, but would people want say a Greek actress to play WW for example?
I would like WW to look Mediterranean, but I don't care about actual ethnicity.

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #25
batboy99
BTVS
 
batboy99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,151
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

How old is Paula Patton?(Not that it really matters since this is just fantasy casting anyway)

__________________
'' As beautiful as Aphrodite, as wise as
Athena, swifter than Hermes, and
Stronger than Hercules.''
DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.