The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 09-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
Shazam
Side-Kick

Default Forever Evil

Ok....did Ultraman just move the moon???
Isnt that a bit ridiculous?? Look at the size of him in proportion to it???

And an eclipse doesn't block all sun light......the earth and moon always move......So how's he gonna keep this up?

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Default Re: Forever Evil

It's. A. Comic. Book.

No more ridiculous than a guy using a ring to create weapons out of light or another guy being able to command all sea life with his mind.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I'll tell Mark Waid and Grant Morrison that moving worlds is ridiculous and they shouldn't be critically acclaimed writers.

Also, I'm fairly sure, that not being an idiot, Ultraman would adjust the moon's orbit (around Earth) so it matches the rotation of Earth, or perhaps the moon no longer orbits the Earth and Earth is constant shadow of the moon.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

What a surprise another thread by Shazam where he complains about something. COMIC BOOK. It's a comic book, you're username is based on a little boy that transforms into a grown man with super powers. Need I say more? Your constant nitpicking over stupid things is ridiculous.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

I'm convinced you're just trolling as of late when I see stupid posts such as this one.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Anyway what are your thoughts on issue 1 guys? I thought it was ok. I wanted to see the actual follow up to the Trinity War cliffhanger and was left high and dry.

Now I have to wait a couple of issues cause of Johns and his stupid false sense of suspense as if the audience is stupid enough to not piece together that the JL's were transported to Earth 3 anyway. The art was kinda crappy and very inconsistent at points but that's typical of David Finch & it's not a deal breaker. Though I do I wish that Ivan Reis was penciling this event instead.

Best part was Ultraman grinding kryptonite into powder and snorting it like it was blow that and when he blocked the sun. Lex seemed a little bit off at points but "This is a job for Superman. So where the hell is he?" was a nice touch.

Monocle's death was hilarious. Talk about a character that could never catch a break in any continuity. Iffy about the new Starro host, preferred the cosmic bad ass from R.E.B.E.L.S. which to me was one of the best DC retcons of the past few years. Ted Kord's dad got killed so I guess this is where they will finally introduce Ted Kord into this universe once and for all. Oh and did Wonder Girl refer to Tim as Robin? was that a typo?

Old 09-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I loved this, hated what they did to Dick, because his book is ****ing killing it right now and this story for all intents and purposes just dictated Nightwing stories for oh the next 10 years so that blew. Other than that I enjoyed. Oh and Shazam, get a new ****ing hobby.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Shazam
Side-Kick

I just love hangin' out with you guys....

Old 09-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
Maximus One
Oddball

Yea man, I'm worried what this is going to do to Nightwing. That book I almost keep dropping just because I usually don't care about Dick but these last few months I'm looking forward to it more and more. I'm digging Forever Evil so far. Villains month is a bit much but Relic's backstory was probably my favorite so far.

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #10
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I liked the twist cause I think it'll be a big part of the Forever Evil storyline and then the fallout in Nightwing will be great to watch. And what happens to the Bat-family cause of this happening?

So many questions...

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I quite enjoyed it. Can't wait to see what happens with Dick, I hope he and Lex have the biggest hand in beating the Crime Syndicate. I would like to complain that Finch didn't draw Grodd to match his solo appearance.

As for the solo issues, I enjoyed all of the ones I read. But Count Vertigo's was my favorite. My favorite one that actually tied into Forever Evil was probably Grodd's.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I read Joker, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Relic, and Deadshot.

Ironically I didn't like the Joker's that much even thought it was a great take on the character. It was just a little too disturbing.

Two-Face and Poison Ivy's were great. Especially Ivy's, loved what they did and I hope that her "Green Kingdom" will stay for a while and Batman will have to bring it down.

Deadshot and Relic were good as well. Both were good insights into the character, I didn't know much about either before reading them so it was nice to have some backstory to the characters.

Oh and I hope that the Teen Titans do some major damage to the Crime Syndicate, especially because of the relationship of Dick and Tim.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 09-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Dick and Tim don't have a relationship anymore do they?

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #14
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

They're like brothers right? They're all part of the Bat-family and have a rather unique bond.

Notice that when he was stripped of his mask the two people they cut to were Tim and Barbara.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #15
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Only because they are hiding the whereabouts of Bruce right now.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Not. The. Point. Of course he'd have a reaction but other than Bruce (who's missing) and Damain (who's dead) you could argue that the only other people he's close to is Barbara and Tim...and Alfred I suppose.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #17
storyteller
Side-Kick

When it comes to Ultraman and the moon. I just went, "fine I'll allow"

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

A smart man will ask "Why?"

A wise man will ask "Why not?"

Old 09-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #19
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
I read Joker, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Relic, and Deadshot.

Ironically I didn't like the Joker's that much even thought it was a great take on the character. It was just a little too disturbing.

Two-Face and Poison Ivy's were great. Especially Ivy's, loved what they did and I hope that her "Green Kingdom" will stay for a while and Batman will have to bring it down.

Deadshot and Relic were good as well. Both were good insights into the character, I didn't know much about either before reading them so it was nice to have some backstory to the characters.

Oh and I hope that the Teen Titans do some major damage to the Crime Syndicate, especially because of the relationship of Dick and Tim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Dick and Tim don't have a relationship anymore do they?
I got to agree with this one the new 52 seemed to have wiped out Tim's history with Dick and only kept Dick's history with Damion. Which is ok to me. Actually the new 52 has pretty much made Tim look like the Outsider where he hardly interacts with the Bat-crew unless needed.

Superman Earth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #20
Shazam
Side-Kick

Well now.....I guess they showed the effects of Ultraman' s moving of the moon (which still looks wrong proportionally).

He's p!ssed off Black Manta with the tidal wave that destroyed his dad's grave.........

That was an interesting twist.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #21
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I agree that was a good twist. It easily explains why Manta would join Luthor and his "Injustice League". Can't wait for Forever Evil #2.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #22
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I'm loving this so far. I thought the first issue was fantastic, and it really got me excited for what comes next.

As for the Villains Month issues, I started out only getting Joker and Black Manta. While I liked Joker, it wasn't really much of a tie-in. It was fun, though. Black Manta was interesting and I hope it leads to his being a major character in Forever Evil. I loved him in Aquaman.

That said, I've been reading up on Arkham War and I am suddenly extremely stoked. I decided today on a whim to buy tons of the Batman Villains tie-ins. I skimmed every single one that's come out so far and bought all of them that seem to actually take place currently and were more than just a flashback. These Standard Edition covers being $1 less really helped me afford all this... so props on the lower price point there.

So I picked up:

Court of Owls
Two-Face
Poison Ivy
Scarecrow
Clayface
Penguin
Mr. Freeze

I'm eager to read them when I get home.

I passed on Riddler, Ra's Al Ghul, Ventriloquist, and Harley Quinn because quick skims seemed to show them as more flashback/origin stories than modern stories taking place during Forever Evil. Was I right on that? Are any of them firmly rooted in the post-Justice League world?

In addition to the Batman titles, the only other ones I plan on picking up are Black Adam and Ocean Master... maybe Secret Society.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #23
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Some quick thoughts on the Villains Month titles I bought... copy and pasted from the Ongoing Bought/Thought:

Mr. Freeze #1 - This was a fantastic follow up issue to Batman Annual 1. Between these two issues, Mr. Freeze is quickly becoming one of my favorite Batman villains. I've never really read much Batman prior to Morrison and didn't really jump in until the New 52 started, so I'm still establishing my thoughts toward the franchise. Maybe I should pick up the Birds of Prey story that's referenced here.

Poison Ivy #1 - I've never read anything with Ivy in it before, but I never really thought I'd enjoy her. This issue proved me wrong. I was so sucked in to her story here as she flashed back to her origin while establishing her foothold in the new Forever Evil Gotham. I also really liked the art. I've never read anything drawn by Javier Pina, but I hope to see more.

Two-Face #1 - This was also a very entertaining read. I don't know that I enjoyed it as much as Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy, but I still liked it. It was interesting getting inside Two-Face's head and I'm curious if this issue's ending will have repercussions in Arkham War or Tomasi's future Batman & 'Robin' story? Still, it was a fun read. I liked it a lot.

Court of Owls #1 - I was planning on getting this one anyways since I buy Talon, and I liked it quite a bit. Not as much as the previous three, but I am just so fascinated by the Court of Owls. This was a romp through their past while simultaneously taking place in the current status quo. I hope the Court, or at least some Talons, get some face time in Arkham War. A brief mention in Scarecrow #1 suggests it might happen, so that'd be pretty awesome. I would love that.

Penguin #1 - I've never given a lick about the Penguin but this issue wowed me. I was completely sucked in and it left me wanting to read more about Cobblepot. It doesn't seem to have much in the way of the current Forever Evil status quo save for a news reporter mentioning Batman's absence, but I don't' regret that little overlook on my part. If I'd noticed that at the shop, I'd have left it behind. I'm glad I didn't.

Clayface #1 - This was probably my least favorite of the Villains Month issues I bought today, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. Clayface is a villain that's never really been a huge deal for me, but I've always been a little interested. I think this issue showed me that I can really enjoy him in certain situations. Snyder already laid the groundwork for that in Batman, but this one helped as well. I like Clayface's attempts to get in good with the Society. I hope this issue leads to him joining the villains who rebel against them.

Scarecrow #1 - This seems to be the issue that many of the previously mentioned issues lead to. We get our first real glimpse of Gotham post-Trinity War and I love it. Scarecrow is going around talking to everyone about the Society and then Bane's coming. I was sucked in to this issue and am glad I bought it. This issue alone got me stoked for Arkham War. Can't wait for it to come out.

I was glad to find that I enjoyed every single issue. It makes me want to go back and buy the four that I skipped for the heck of it. I'm not sure that I will, but I may. Next week brings Bane and Killer Croc, both of which I am definitely getting, and Man-Bat and Joker's Daughter, which will require a skim before buying. I'm leaning toward Man-Bat. Not so much Joker's Daughter.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 09-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #24
Cain
"West West Y'all"

I really hate the New 52 Mr. Freeze. Then again I didn't just start reading Batman comics either. I've read a lot of those villains month books at the shop and only bought a handful. Most were superflous only ones I really enjoyed were Relic, Brainiac, Grodd and Reverse Flash. Zod was ok, Black Manta was underwhelming and most of the Batman related ones have really sucked. Joker had a great characterization, first time in a long time I feel like I'm reading The Joker I grew up with since the late 80's but the story was lame but I appreciate that it at least tried to flesh out one of the Morrison villains more. The Riddler and Two-Face ones were ok though.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I do agree that Black Manta was underwhelming. But I've loved all the Batman ones that I listed above, Clayface being the weakest.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and