The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #51
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: Forever Evil

Why would Superman or J'onn dress as Batman?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #52
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

exactly! WHY?!?!???!??

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #53
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Yeah those 2 are definitely the real deal. Some fun misdirection in interviews before the event hyped as "THE JUSTICE LEAGUE IS DEAD!!!" is just that, misdirection to cause hype.

Now that the issue is here it is pretty unquestionable that that is Bruce. I'm looking forward to him pummeling Owlman. Also really looking forward to the Bruce/Lex dynamic. Talk about 2 sides of the same coin.

My only real gripe is that Cyborg is somehow miraculously alive. I'm all about suspension of disbelief but the dude has no heart and certainly could've been brain dead by the time they got to the red room. Let's see how Johns explains it in the end. Hope it's not too contrived and leads to a much more streamlined design for Cyborg in the end.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #54
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Well he was clearly hooked up to some sort of device which kept him "alive' but as to what I don't know.

I'm glad I'm not the only one can tell those two are the real deal.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 10-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #55
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Why would Superman or J'onn dress as Batman?
That would remain to be seen....right? None of us saw the actually fight....right?

Remember.....Superman had Kryptonite poisoning going on....Firestorm was in the middle of curing him before everything went crazy. Batman was caring for Vic.......Then the syndicate shows up. Could Bruce have gotten Clark to safety.....then switched gear with him just to insure that their most powerful member remained free? I don't know......just throwing it out there! LOL

Please explain how Batman can knock down that door?

Those were not sound effects for explosions....

Last edited by Shazam; 10-04-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:23 AM   #56
Shazam
Side-Kick

Oh....I do like the Superwoman preggers plot line! Wow!

Trouble in paradise....

Old 10-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #57
Shazam
Side-Kick

And this.............

http://www.newsarama.com/19100-who-i...-prisoner.html

Now, past history would make us think it's Alexander Luthor...........

But in this New 52, who knows? The Joker of Earth 3 , perhaps?

Old 10-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #58
Cain
"West West Y'all"

I think you should read Justice League #23.4.

I'm damn near certain that's going to be Alexander Luthor. Whether it's sr. or jr. is another matter though but it'll be fun seeing his interactions with Lex as well as Batman actually witnessing a more "heroic" Luthor. I'm more curious about "that thing that came to our Earth.", New 52 Anti-Monitor?

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men

Last edited by Cain; 10-04-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #59
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I think you should read Justice League #23.4.

I'm damn near certain that's going to be Alexander Luthor. Whether it's sr. or jr. is another matter though but it'll be fun seeing his interactions with Lex as well as Batman actually witnessing a more "heroic" Luthor. I'm more curious about "that thing that came to our Earth.", New 52 Anti-Monitor?

What thing? Was that in FE #2?

Old 10-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #60
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Wait! so you're not even reading this event?

Old 10-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #61
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Wait! so you're not even reading this event?
Yes I am..........I just read #2 this week........Luthor activating Bizarro....killing the guard.....

I just posted the Owlman / Superwoman preggers plotline being a great twist.....

I did not see anything about "a thing that came to our earth"

Old 10-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #62
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

it was a reference to both the man they have tied up and the fact that their world was destroyed by something and is apparently coming to our earth. Look back at the conversation between Owlman and Ultraman in FE2

Old 10-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #63
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
it was a reference to both the man they have tied up and the fact that their world was destroyed by something and is apparently coming to our earth. Look back at the conversation between Owlman and Ultraman in FE2
Oh!!! Yeah I remember that convo now!!

Yeah.....I bet it's the new Anti-Monitor!!

Thanks for that!

Old 10-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #64
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I just caught up on about 23 comics 18 of which were forever evil related. Holy hell there were some ****** villains month issues, besides that Forever Evil #2 was awesome just awesome I can't wait to see how this unfolds. Of course batman survived too, that made me laugh.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #65
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Please explain how Batman can knock down that door?
... He's Batman.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #66
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Nuff' Said!

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #67
Maximus One
Oddball

This is getting really good. Unfortunately my store only had holographic covers so I wasn't able to read nearly as many villain issues as I wanted. I read most of the main ones though. Really hope that hooded dude is Alexander Luthor.

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #68
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I really hope it isn't Alexander Luthor, this would be the second time he was used in a Johns event and that is not very original to me if he is used again. We already have Lex, let him be the only Luthor.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #69
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
... He's Batman.
Its why I asked the question......

Those were not sounds of explosions.....but striking. But I guess we'll see....

Last edited by Shazam; 10-08-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #70
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I really hope it isn't Alexander Luthor, this would be the second time he was used in a Johns event and that is not very original to me if he is used again. We already have Lex, let him be the only Luthor.
Alexander Luthor and Alexander Luthor Jr. were pretty different characters though so the dynamics won't be the same as Infinite Crisis especially since the context will also be different. Frankly being that he was the hero of Earth 3 he's the only character that makes any real sense in terms of the hooded one's identity.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #71
HighFivingMF
Welp.

But imagine how much the internet would **** itself if it was Wally.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #72
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I agree....I'm hoping for new twist......

Joker maybe..........Ras Al Ghul.........???

These are the kinds of guys that have the genius to be real threats to the CSA.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #73
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
But imagine how much the internet would **** itself if it was Wally.
That would be such a nonsensical cluster**** that it'll probably throw me out of the entire event in one fell swoop. This is coming from someone who liked Wally West.

If it's the pre-Flashpoint Wally who has been accidentally thrown to another Earth when his Earth was reconfigured he'd likely become a villain because he remembers his wife and kids and would want to do everything in his power to bring his continuity back.

If it's the Wally from Earth 3 he should be some sort of villain since he was traditionally a hero. I don't know I just don't see how you can actually make something like that make sense. It's actually a case where I'm relieved comic book writers and editors don't cater to obsessive fanboys.

I think the most plausible scenario was the idea of Wally being the New Reverse Flash and coming to grips with the new reality and becoming more heroic down the line. But since the writers weren't allowed to use Wally in such a scenario which is why they created Daniel West I somehow doubt he'd be brought back as some kind of villain or anti-hero. Conversely I don't think most fans would want to see Wally brought back in such a role anyway.

Last edited by Cain; 10-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #74
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
I agree....I'm hoping for new twist......

Joker maybe..........Ras Al Ghul.........???

These are the kinds of guys that have the genius to be real threats to the CSA.
Dude, Joker got chopped to pieces when Owlman threw him into the moving propellers of a helicopter over in the Earth 3 story from Justice League 23.4. It is NOT the Earth 3 Joker.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #75
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

The question here is this, who would Ultraman want dead while Ultraman wants alive? Also Owlman said the hooded person tried to break up their team. That doesn't sound like Alexander Luthor. He would want them all arrested and brought to justice, not broken up.

it sounds to me like it was a member of their team who betrayed them. That's the only thing I can think of.

But...then you have to remember what Ultraman said about "throwing him to that thing", they want to use him as a sacrifice, why? What makes this person so special?

Only Geoff Johns knows...