nah.......too far away.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 09-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #102
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Feeling has nothing to do with it though, I know we all have memories of it, but in terms of money it would do better during that time spot no matter what year. I think though the only exception would be Episode VII. Other than that I think they will try to stick to summer.
Some movies can feel different though, if they're released in the Winter.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #103
Octoberist
point blank

I think in the long run, it doesn't matter because Star Wars is such an anomaly. Regular rules don't apply!

Old 09-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #104
regwec
Shakespearo

Particularly the rules of physics.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #105
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

the force is strong!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #106
Octoberist
point blank

I hope they'll consider releasing the official release date and title soon. Even 'Jurassic World' got some news! Feeling envious, actually!

Old 09-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #107
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Ya I wonder if they really are doing what GL said back in February. He made some comment about the big 3, but then went on to say they want to announce it all in a big grandiose Disney fashion type of thing. So I kinda wonder if they really are still waiting to drop a bunch of news at once. It seems like the Chloe thing may be gaining real traction. There may be some events coming up who knows?

Old 09-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #108
Octoberist
point blank

The problem with Chloe thing is that, she's 16 and if she gets cast and has a love interest, the whole casting for the male leads will be limited. Let's say they have a great actor in mind, but he's 26. If Chloe was only 18, things would change. It all matters.

Two years can make a difference. If you cast Saoirse Ronan, who is only 19, then you can still spread the male leads' bracket from early 20's-29 (or even older). Strange world we live in, but I'm betting the lead actress will be in her early 20's who looks like a teen still.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #109
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

To a point ya. But many are suggesting she is playing the "other" teen that is not int he main three category. Because as of last week or whatever they were still "looking". Someone posted some facts of Chloe though over at TFN:

Quote:
However here is what I know as fact:

She posted a ton of her favourite #chloe4starwars images on instagram, she said she wanted a purple one on instagram and announced her massive excitement for the future.

More recently she starts saying on her social media accounts that she cant believe how lucky she is.

She absolutely loves Britain and has stated herself when she is in-between choosing roles, one of the major factors of her decision making is where the filming takes place, this usually makes her decision for her, 'any excuse to live in London I will grab and hold onto with all my heart.' she publicly announced her massive excitement at 'the news' the day they announced that Star Wars was being filmed in the United Kingdom.

Over this year she has made a big deal about her love for the franchise and the attachment she has to it.

Then a few months back she is spotted with what a lot of people have said is a disney script and that was that.

Then mysteriously one of the roles on the latest casting call is gone, the young fit female role to be precise and just when Lucasfilm employees do a Star Wars marathon for research, Chloe does it as well and calls her day very productive before her night shoots.

There are other much larger links between her and and a VII role, but I still want to confirm before I post any of it hopefully I should be done soon, i just dont want to post anything that doesnt have concrete sources backing it up.
Now having said that, she may or may not be a love interest. That and you have to think, the love triangle may not start until Episode VIII. Not VII. And by the time they start shooting she will be 17 (well close). And the release of the film she will be 18. So I think she is a wonderful actress, but I'm kinda thinking she may not be the "lead" female but the "other" one.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #110
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Little Ani and Padme. I'm just sayin...

But really I'd rather they leave any love story on the table until the next movie.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #111
Viral
Side-Kick

Have you seen Lucasfilm's Kristen Hidalgo's tweet at the end of the article about Chloe.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/09...g-herself.html

I wonder if they are messing around with us.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #112
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

She's messing around. They caught on to people connecting their Star Wars rewatching to Chloe Moretz's Star Wars marathon watching.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #113
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Little Ani and Padme. I'm just sayin...

But really I'd rather they leave any love story on the table until the next movie.
They probably will. But this is no where NEAR the Little Ani/Padme stuff. Chloe will be 9 years older than what he was. And Natalie was only 16 when they started filming. That and we have different writers/directors. Super 8 showed me he can work with the real young very well. But again this is far from "young young" like Jake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Have you seen Lucasfilm's Kristen Hidalgo's tweet at the end of the article about Chloe.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/09...g-herself.html

I wonder if they are messing around with us.
Maybe but I think it was more that she was watching it with LFL. I doubt that. To me Chloe was watching them by herself. Now it's hard to tell, but I did not take a lot out of that. But again it's a puzzle with LFL right now.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #114
Lobo
skip skip skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
The problem with Chloe thing is that, she's 16 and if she gets cast and has a love interest, the whole casting for the male leads will be limited. Let's say they have a great actor in mind, but he's 26. If Chloe was only 18, things would change. It all matters.

Two years can make a difference. If you cast Saoirse Ronan, who is only 19, then you can still spread the male leads' bracket from early 20's-29 (or even older). Strange world we live in, but I'm betting the lead actress will be in her early 20's who looks like a teen still.
I agree to an extent. But why would she even need a love interest? Luke never had one.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 09-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #115
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I agree to an extent. But why would she even need a love interest? Luke never had one.
We're talking about a woman here.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #116
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
They probably will. But this is no where NEAR the Little Ani/Padme stuff. Chloe will be 9 years older than what he was. And Natalie was only 16 when they started filming. That and we have different writers/directors. Super 8 showed me he can work with the real young very well. But again this is far from "young young" like Jake.
Ah, I was just noting GL doesn't care about significant age gaps.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #117
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Ah, I was just noting GL doesn't care about significant age gaps.
Ah I see.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #118
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

I see people talking about the Millennium Falcon. MovieCricket reported a week ago that they got confirmation at Celebration that it was coming back (without using the words directly).

Quote:
During the Q&A part of the meet and greet the pair answered questions regarding the work they were currently doing at Skywalker ranch and hinted with a sly wink that it would be cool to see a female Jedi in the movie and also confirmed that they will be bringing back the things the fans loved including a certain spaceship that was absent from the prequels…
http://www.moviecricket.com/female-j...-wars-7-33438/

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 09-11-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #119
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Now I will have to go back and find this. But I did read at TFN that Chaing was at D23 and did confirm he was having fun with drawing a "female Jedi" But also hinted at the fact (kinda a no brainier) that the Millennium Falcon would return.

And a few days ago there was another source that said it was finished at Pinewood/Interior and exterior. And LR just has reported that as well. Though I don't know if they got it from them in the first place.

http://latino-review.com/2013/09/j-j...spaces-in-l-a/

Old 09-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #120
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I hope they'll consider releasing the official release date and title soon. Even 'Jurassic World' got some news! Feeling envious, actually!
Same here. But i get the feeling they'll wait until next month or even november when everyone is signed and ready to go. If they waited this long, i get the feeling we'll just get one big announcement that will (hopefully) floor us (in a good way)

BTW changing gears a bit, rumor is going around that Marvel wants Ewan for Ant-Man. Wouldnt that be interesting: Padme, Obi-Wan and Mace all involved with TA together at some point lol

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 09-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #121
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

maybe Chloe's playing a "younger sibling," with another actor/actress playing an older sibling.

the younger sibling could still be the "lead."

just like in Disney's Frozen, the younger sister Anna is more of the protagonist, moreso than her sister Elsa.

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 09-11-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #122
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Post Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 5

George Lucas interview (Total Film magazine, May 2008)

Quote:
Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?
I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything! And now, there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married...

Old 09-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #123
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

Quote:
George Lucas interview (Total Film magazine, May 2008)

Since when has Lucas backtracking been a new thing? lol

http://www.vimeo.com/13170472
Old 09-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #124
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

why did Lucas backtrack??

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #125
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post
Since when has Lucas backtracking been a new thing? lol
Ya originally it was "The Adventures of Luke Starkiller/Skywalker" And even said Saga I. Later Leigh Bracket's original script in 78 of Empire said "Episode II". Then after Brackett died was when he combined "Father Skywalker/Vader" together. (he tries to claim he knew it all along but he really did not). When he came up with the idea in 78 of Vader being Anakin was when he came up with the idea of the three trilogies. And decided to name ANH Episode IV...and actually ANH too lol originally it was simply Star Wars. Lucas can be all over the place with that kind of stuff.